toxic | j. baker¹

By baxteravenue

In which the "it girl" with daddy issues and the quarterback with daddy issues connect over a mutual bond of... More

cast list
playlist
character description
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
book 2

twenty-five

4.1K 85 50
By baxteravenue

A/N: this chapter is not based on any episodes.

Since Luna Ramirez was six-years-old she had a tradition on her birthday every year. Which strangely involved her stepfather cooking. It started the day of her sixth birthday when her birth father had once again disappointed her and missed what she thought was one of the most important days of her life. Peter Adams did the one thing he thought of doing, making a six-year-old girl overly sweet pancakes. And this occurred every year since then even when she practically despised him.

"Birthday pancakes," Peter slid the porcelain plate over to her. "For my favorite and only daughter. Happy birthday, Luna."

Luna practically salivated as she glanced at the food, giving her stepfather a grin before cutting right into them. "These are really good!"

Peter grimaced at the sight of her full mouth. "You think you'll ever grow out of this whole birthday pancake phase?"

"Never," she gasped. "They have colorful sprinkles and whipped cream. It's the only acceptable time you can eat sprinkles for breakfast."

"So, when you're...let's say 30," he waved around his hands. "And you're possibly married and have your own kids. Are you gonna expect these pancakes from me?"

"Absolutely," she stated, seriously. "This is tradition!"

"Happy Birthday!" Maria walked into the kitchen, engulfing her daughter in a huge. "I can't believe you're 17. My only daughter...you're growing up too fast!"

She flashed her mom a tight-lipped smile, too occupied with her mouth full of pancakes to even respond.

"Oh!" Peter perked up, pulling a small box out of his pocket. "We got you a gift."

"Peter got you this," Maria corrected. "You'll receive your gift from me later. But, for now, I have to go to work. I'll see you tonight, mija."

Luna nodded giving her mom a small peck on the cheek, before eyeing the box in front of her and tearing the ribbon off it. Her eyes widened at the sight of a shiny pair of car keys lying in the box.

She raised her eyebrow. "A new car?"

"The police took your car in as evidence and I know as much as you love driving my cars," Peter let out a small laugh. "That you would like to finally have your own, again. Since clearly, the police aren't giving your car back anytime soon."

"Thank you," she smiled softly.

"It was nothing," he waved her off.

"Not just for the car," Luna shrugged. "For everything, actually. I know, I might not always seem like I appreciate you. But, I do, you are my dad. No matter how much I might deny it."

"I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to make other people cry on your birthday," Peter fanned his eyes.

"I'm supposed to meet Liv at the cafe," Luna grabbed her car keys. "So, I'll give you some privacy to cry. Bye, Peter!"

♡♡♡

Once she arrived at the cafe, she went straight to the designated table that she and Liv always sat at and was surprised that Spencer was right beside her. They both turned their heads in sync and smiled at the birthday girl, pushing themselves off of the chair and throwing their arms around her, immediately showering her in affection.

"How are you doing on this fine afternoon, birthday girl?" Liv perched her chin in her hand, fluttering her eyelashes at her.

"I'm fine," she smiled, settling on one of the stools beside Spencer. "My mom went off to work, my stepdad is at home. So everything's normal."

"Sounds sad," Liv mockingly stuck her tongue out. "Look, I know you said you weren't in the mood to celebrate anything. But, we bought you gifts."

"I could never say no to gifts," she made grabby hands. "Gimme, gimme."

She excitedly pulled out the tissue paper from the first bag which was from Liv and took ahold of the items, observing them in her hands while flashing her a grin.

Liv leaned over the table and glanced at her. "Do you like it?"

"17 reasons why I'm your best friend," Luna giggled. "And a puzzle with our faces on it. I'll admit it Liv, you did better than me."

"Ahem!" Spencer cleared his throat, tapping his fingernails against the table. "My turn."

Luna sent him a grateful smile as she sifted through the bag that looked like it was for a four-year-old but nonetheless she was grateful that Spencer had gone out of his way to buy her a gift.

"You did great, Spence," she exclaimed. "This is the exact brand that I use when I paint. Thank you."

"Can't take all of the credit," Spencer chuckled. "I had a little help. Now, what are our plans for the rest of the day?"

"Our?" Luna raised her eyebrow. "What do you mean...our plans?"

"Look, we get it, you don't want to celebrate," Spencer rolled his eyes. "But, the least we could do is spend the day with our best friend. You only turn 17 once."

"You know who you sound like?" she squinted her eyes, pointing her index finger at Liv. "Her. You two are like the same person. Anyone ever tell you that?"

Spencer and Liv exchanged innocent looks before staring back at her.

"So...plans for today?" Liv changed the subject.

"Um, well, we can go back to my place?" Luna suggested. "Asher and Harold are coming over tonight and we're gonna have a small dinner. And since you two are my best friends and it's my birthday, you're obviously invited."

Liv clapped her hands together. "Perfect! We can play some pool for a while and then we can head to your house after."

"That sounds fine," Luna agreed. "I'm sure Asher would love to see you."

♡♡♡

After the time the trio of friends had spent at the cafe which had lasted a bit longer than Luna would've asked for. They headed straight for her house and practically forced her to meet her at the front door instead of going inside and waiting for them.

They took ahold of her arm and gestured for her to open the door which made her nervous, they were clearly up to something if they needed to do every single thing together.

"SURPRISE!"

Luna's eyes had widened at the sight of nearly the entire junior class standing in her foyer along with streamers, balloons, and a banner that had her name displayed on it. She glanced over at the guilty culprits who just gave her a sheepish grin in response.

"We're sorry," Liv blurted out. "We couldn't let you not have a party. You have a party every single year and it didn't feel right not celebrating!"

"Can I just add..." Spencer inserted himself. "That this...was more Liv's idea than it was mine. I was down for a nice dinner. But, you know..."

"Olivia can't help herself," Luna rolled her eyes. "Thanks, guys. I appreciate the gesture."

She ventured further into the house, saying some hellos to people and greeting them before getting stopped by Asher.

"You looked soooo excited," Asher sarcastically stated.

"Because I did not want a party," she laughed. "But, this was a very nice gesture."

"Should I feel guilty for also telling your parents to throw you a party?" Asher guiltily raised his hand. "Because I may or may not have been the one to suggest that we have it here instead of at Liv's house."

She smacked his arm. "Asher!"

"Sorry," he shrugged. "Jordan's not here by the way. I noticed you looking around. He, uh, didn't want to ruin your night. So, he stayed home."

"I was not looking for him," Luna rolled her eyes. "I was just observing all the people in my house. That's all."

"Keep telling yourself that," Asher scoffed. "Uh, our parents are all outside. Pretty sure, your mom had your gift out there."

Luna gave him a soft pat on the arm before walking out to the backyard. Asher was right, it had seemed like all of the parents were out there sipping on wine and eating an assortment of snacks while chatting amongst themselves. Even Billy and Laura had seemed to be getting along despite everything going on.

Luna walked over to her mom, plopping down beside her on the pool chair and laying her head against her shoulder.

"Why did you let these people throw a party?"

"These people are your best friends," Maria corrected. "And Olivia's a very hard person to say no to. You sure did pick a very persistent best friend."

"Trust me, I know," she giggled.

"I assume you're here for your gift," Maria pulled out a gift box from under the pool chair. "Happy birthday, mija."

Luna opened the box, grasping the dainty gold bracelet in between her fingers, and glanced at her mom with confusion filling her face. "Isn't this yours?"

"My mom gifted me this bracelet for my 17th birthday and now it's my turn to give it to you," Maria clasped the bracelet around her wrist, giving her a soft kiss on the forehead. "Maybe, when you have a daughter. Hopefully, not any time soon. You'll give it to her."

"Thanks, mami," Luna smiled. "I love you."

"I love you, too," Maria smiled softly. "Now, go be a teenager and enjoy your party."

Luna let out a soft sigh, pushing herself off the pool chair, and waved goodbye to the adults before heading back inside. But, instead of going headfirst into a crowd of sweaty teenagers, she made a detour into her art room. She stayed in there for a while admiring her artwork.

The sound of someone jiggling the door handles had soon alerted her attention and in walked Jordan, catching her completely off guard.

"Jordan?" she raised her eyebrow. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought it was sort of childish for me not to come. You're still my friend...I think?" Jordan scrunched his face up. "And Liv told me that you had run off somewhere and I sort of figured you'd be in here."

"Yeah, I think we're friends, too," she giggled. "Thanks for coming. It's nice to see you."

Jordan pulled a gift bag behind his back and outstretched his hand. "Well...I hope you're willing to accept this gift from me."

"When are you guys going to understand that I will always accept gifts?" she playfully scoffed. "What is it?"

"Just...open it," he rolled his eyes.

She took the bag from his hand and greedily tore the tissue paper out of the bag and gasped once she saw the necklace inside of the jewelry box.

"Jordan," she awed. "This is beautiful!"

"Well, you always brag about how you're better at gift-giving than everyone else," Jordan chuckled. "So, I had to one-up you. Plus, we kind of have matching chains now."

She glanced at the necklace and smiled, admiring the dainty gold chain and the moon pendant that hung off of it. "I guess we do."

"Um, let me help put it on," Jordan walked over to her.

She turned her back to him and pulled her hair up, allowing for Jordan to clasp it around her neck. His fingertips had lingered against her neck, causing goosebumps to rise on her skin at his touch.

"Hey, we're, uh—Oh!" Spencer walked in. "Am I interrupting somethin'?"

"No," Luna stepped away from Jordan. "What's up, Spence?"

"We're cutting the cake," Spencer gave them an amused grin. "But, we can hold off for a while."

"That won't be necessary," Luna shook her head. "Um, thanks for the gift Jordan."

✧✧✧

●●

liked by jordanbaker and 1760 more

lunaramirez 17 has never looked better🥳

kiawilliams happy birthday!💘

→lunaramirez thank you😽

livbaker ur so hot! gimme a kiss????

→lunaramirez ill give you a thousand kisses😘

spencerjames damn birthday girl was locked in her art room the whole time

→lunaramirez not u coming for me under my own birthday post😒

laylakeating hottie🤩

→lunaramirez back at ya😼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 474 15
After a potential career-ending injury, Spencer tries to navigate the healing process. He has his wife and his two best friends, Olivia and Jordan by...
17.2K 711 19
Olivia Baker is the only child and daughter of the head coach of an NFL team. Her dad's rules are clear, no relationships between her and any of the...
455K 6.6K 45
First Jordan Baker story has now been completed. Book 1 If an outsider looks at Christina 'Chrissy' Hendricks' life, they would see a happy girl who...
19.4K 876 21
When Olivia's given an ultimatum by her parents, she chooses to stay with her grandfather in South Crenshaw. And what was originally supposed to be t...