SMILE.┃ park jongseong ✔︎

By page_sandy

❝ Fuck off. ❞ He's the type of man she despised. It all started when a girl, whose paranormal disability was... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 001
Chapter 002
Chapter 003
Chapter 004
Chapter 005
Chapter 006
Chapter 007
Chapter 008
Chapter 009
Chapter 010
Chapter 011
Chapter 012
Chapter 013
Chapter 014
Chapter 015
Chapter 016
Chapter 017
Chapter 018
Chapter 019
Chapter 020
Chapter 021
Chapter 022
Chapter 023
Chapter 024
Chapter 025
Chapter 026
Chapter 027
Chapter 028
Chapter 029
Chapter 030
Chapter 031
Chapter 032
Chapter 033
Chapter 034
Chapter 035
Chapter 036
Chapter 037
Chapter 038
Chapter 039
Chapter 040
Chapter 041
Chapter 042
Chapter 043
Chapter 044
Chapter 045
Chapter 046
Chapter 047
Chapter 048
Chapter 049
Chapter 050
Chapter 051
Chapter 052
Chapter 053
Chapter 054
Chapter 055
Chapter 056
Chapter 057
Chapter 058
Chapter 059
Chapter 060
Chapter 061
Chapter 062
Chapter 063
Chapter 064
Chapter 065
Chapter 066
Chapter 067
Chapter 068
Chapter 069
Chapter 070
Chapter 072
Chapter 073
Chapter 074
Chapter 075
Chapter 076
Chapter 077
Chapter 078
Chapter 079
Chapter 080
Chapter 081
Chapter 082
Chapter 083
Chapter 084
Chapter 085
Chapter 086
Chapter 087
Chapter 088
Chapter 089
Chapter 090
Chapter 091
Chapter 092
Chapter 093
Chapter 094
Chapter 095
Epilogue
Special Chapter
Author's note + Explanation

Chapter 071

3.6K 326 456
By page_sandy

(A/n; Not to be rude but I hate parents who possessively control their children's life so much LOL)

«I'll never love you »

❝ Our parents are getting us engaged this Saturday. ❞

What?

The man who she loves is going to get engaged with another woman and not her?

And not anyone else but her own stepsister?

Jongseong felt his heart saddening at the sight of Mijin's relieved smile slowly fading away as she's insecure to give her soulmate into another's hands.

❝ Bae don't be sad, it's not like I'll really get engaged with her. ❞ Being an understanding one he was, leaned in closer with his sparkly eyes scanning the tiny terror inside Mijin's tiny eyes. He loves her and only her. And no one can change that. But Mijin didn't know whether to believe in her faith for him not.

He used to be a heartbreaker.

But the boy's changed, right? Mijin was ashamed of how she's overthinking about her boyfriend's upgraded personality when she wishes that nothing would hold a grudge against their love life.

❝ But how? Your parents literally set everything for it. ❞ She's also scared to break it to the parents who're gonna experience utter shock once she opens up. And most of all, her sixth sense was telling that they wouldn't want an abandoned child as their future daughter-in-law.

❝ But you're the real one who's gonna have to marry me since you're older than Mijoo. ❞ Displaying a sheepish smirk on the crimson lips, the witty boy said aloud, just to put some taint of cute little pink onto her cheekies. She wished she's the right one to become his fiancée.

❝ Yeah but I'm already lat-❞ , Mijin protests with the general truth that she missed the free spot of having to marry Jongseong on business terms and she's currently no one for her biological family.

But the boy immediately cuts her off by pressing his index fingers gently on the coral lips she had. ❝ Shh, you're the only woman I'm gonna love and marry. ❞ , he promises since Mijin's indeed the only one who had an allowance to his heart and mind.

Cheeks blushing visibly, Mijin retreated with silence as she looked down. She didn't wanna give Jay to her stepsister's hands just like how her stepmother did with her father.

And she'd been concealing her feelings and desperation all along. Jay's the only person who she has and wouldn't know what to do without him.

❝ Trust me if you believe in my love for you. ❞ The serious boy said as he slid an arm around Mijin's shoulders as the confused youngster got mesmerised inside his sincerely beautiful doe eyes.

Trust.

Such an easy thing for people to break.

Nodding at last, the stubborn girl gave up with her guts and embraced Jay's musky presence closer as she placed her head on the broad chest. The boy chuckled slightly before leaving a soft kiss on her hair strands as he hugged her tighter.

❝ We're gonna ruin that engagement. ❞ , he trails his manly tone as Mijin was unsure whether breaking into the ceremony would be a suitable thing or not.

❝ I'll make sure of it. ❞

-

Staring at her soulless self in the fitting room, the nineteen years old exhaled heavily with an eye roll since the pink gown was suffocating to wear as it covered down her legs and to the ground. The sheer pink dress stuck onto her body really nice, showing off her slim bodyline although she despised it.

❝ Not bad. ❞ , Mijoo says as she picked the chiffon fabric by herself before exiting the changing room.

They're trying out different types of fits for the engagement ceremony, very much of an unrequited idea by the parents from each side.

❝ Woah, our Mijoo looks so astonishing. ❞ , Ms Hwang says as she compliments her shy daughter who's suffering internally. ❝ I think Jongseong can agree on this, am I right Jay-ah? ❞ The uninterested boy just smiled, blending with a slice of awkward laughter so that he wouldn't be seen as 'disrespectful' in the elders' eyes.

❝ Ahahaha, really though? ❞ She still looked like the same old plastic doll whose face's baked in thick makeup. Not to be rude but Jongseong wouldn't say that anyone's pretty despite it being Mijin, the only girl he loves.

The offended and unsuitable fiancée scoffed in disbelief at how she got mistreated by this punk. It's not like they're marrying cause they love each other anyway.

❝ We'll leave it to you kids to take some photos. ❞ The two moms exited the huge hall with expensive furniture as Jay could finally breathe without the burden that someone's watching his every movement.

❝ You take some selcas or whatever. ❞ , the impatient young man says as he took out his phone from the black tuxedo and started surfing on the internet.

❝ Didn't you hear what they said? We have to take a picture, T O G E T H E R for goodness' sake. ❞ , Mijoo scolds as she didn't wanna get blamed afterwards for not being able to take a picture together with him.

The disappointed boy sighed since there's nothing he could do until the day of engagement eventually comes.

❝ Can we just get this done? I'm running out of tolerance for your information. ❞ Trying his best to not sound rude although he'd partially failed, the boy speaks while tugging his hands inside the trousers' pockets.

Mijoo death glared at him with a sly look before opening the camera real quick. ❝ You're just gonna stand like that? ❞ The distanced boy remained afar from her as if she had some contagious virus or anything. The truth was that he's isolating himself from her to pay some respect to his original girlfriend Mijin. The boy groaned before bringing himself a little closer to the little bit attention-deprived missy. Mijoo knew that she shouldn't let her guard down that easily but Jongseong was so charismatic up close.

' How disappointing of you Hwang Mijoo. ' , she reprimands since she's embarrassed to think that he's so charming which was unlikely of her to do so.

He's nothing more than just contractual partners with her. That was their limit forever.

The cheeky boy could notice her peachy round cheeks burning up every second he'd get closer to her. Taking advantage of this opportunity, he surprisingly snaked an arm around her waist before swiftly clicking the camera.

But the flustered girl couldn't seem to move on from the recent behaviour which set her heartbeats on a rapid mess. Locking eyes with his cavernous orbs, Mijoo gulped down her nerves as it felt like his face was getting too close to hers when it shouldn't have.

Their faces were dangerously close so of course, Jay had to pull back.

❝ You're not the right person for me nor DIF. ❞ were the only cold words Jay's callous mouth spat out towards the self-confident woman. Not to be a brat but she's not the right one to become an heiress to walk in Mijin's shoes.

❝ And I'll never love you. ❞

Disconnecting their intense eye contact, the boy finally exhaled since he never planned this silly marriage at first with desire anyways.

They aren't the fated two.

They aren't meant to fall in love anyway.

The tough girl weakly rolled a tear down her cheek as she saw the anti-romantic boy leave her sight. She had never felt anything for the bratty guy who never cared about his reputation unlike a cautious heiress like her.

But why did her heart break at his cruel words?

« end of a chapter »

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 3.9K 44
"𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐥𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦. 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧...
134K 5.3K 34
a girl who is born with a rare blood type and a vampire, who needs that certain blood to be the strongest they can ever be, find themselves falling...
231K 11K 53
a girl who does almost anything to fit in, finds herself involved with a bad boy after she accepts a dare that changes everything for the socs and...
24.4K 887 17
Imagine your everyday life is usually pretty boring. Always just scrolling social media and thinking about what it would be like to be rich and famou...