KR Industries

Von _SarahK__

Selena is a twenty-three year old girl living in New York with her best friend James. The two have been best... Mehr

~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 25~
~Chapter 27~
~Chapter 29~
~Chapter 31~
~Chapter 33~
~Chapter 35~
~Chapter 37~
~Chapter 39~
~Chapter 41~
~Chapter 43~
~Chapter 45~
~Chapter 47~
~Chapter 49~
~Chapter 51~
~Chapter 53~
~Chapter 55~
~Chapter 58~
~Chapter 59~
~Chapter 61~
~Chapter 65~
~Chapter 67~
~Chapter 69~
~Epilogue Part 2~
~Authors Notes~

~Chapter 63~

49 2 0
Von _SarahK__

I sit alone at the table impatiently. Getting irritated with her late arrival. I check my watch to check the time, seeing she's twenty five minutes late.

I roll my eyes to myself in annoyance, sure that she's late on purpose. After taking a sip from my wine I glance to my left and see the waiter guiding her to the table.

"Thank you." I tell him he nods and bids us a quick goodbye before he returns.

"Aren't you going to open my chair for me?" She smirks as she does it herself.

"You can manage." I say simply.

"So.. why am I here." She asks.

"It's nice to see you too." I chuckle.

"Killian, I'm serious." She sighs.

"I didn't appreciate your appearance today. I couldn't focus at work because of it, even took it out on my employees and you know I'm not like that." I say with furrowed eyebrows.

"She's my daughter." She says.

"Bloody hell Adriana she's my daughter too!" I snap.

"You wanted nothing to do with her before. Do you remember that? You said we were too young and that your company is your main priority. All you did was send money. I don't care if your little girlfriend is the reason behind you suddenly wanting to be a part of her life but I'm pretty sure if it weren't for her you wouldn't even care!" She says back.

"You make it seem like I'm coming into her life too late. She's fucking four years old. She's still a child." I say in annoyance.

She sighs and shakes her head.

"I still don't understand why you're going to try and fight me about this. Just sign the damn papers." She says.

"You're not going to have full custody. I make more than I could ever need so fighting in court won't be a problem." I smirk and she rolls her eyes.

"You're too busy with work." She mumbles.

"Why are you using that as an excuse?" I ask.

"Lately you've been so weird about me spending time with her. But isn't that what you wanted from the beginning? For me to actually have a relationship with her? Now that I'm getting closer and being there more you're pushing me away from her." I add.

"Killian there's something we need to t-" Adriana starts.

"No wonder my fuck boy radar went off." A voice interrupts her.

We look up and I tense when I see James with Leo. How do they even know each other? Is Selena here too?

"James." I say sternly.

"So, you dump Selena to get back with the baby momma huh?" He asks, crossing his arms.

"Um, James, let's just get to the table." Leo says awkwardly.

"Is um, is she here?" I ask, half of me hoping yes but the other half praying not.

"Possibly. Not like you give a rat's ass." He answers.

"See you at work boss." He scoffs and walks away. Leo follows him telling him to stay calm.

"You lied to me." Adriana says.

"About what?" I ask.

"Seriously? Just last night you said you wanted to try this again. Try to start over so we could be there together for Lily." She huffs.

"That wasn't a lie." I shake my head.

"But you keep saying you don't give a shit about that girl." She snaps.

"What does it matter to you?" I ask with furrowed eyebrows.

"You said you wouldn't get back with me if your life depended on it. You're so persistent in keeping me away from Lily. And I still want answers as to why." I add.

She looks paranoid. Her eyes break their gaze on me and she looks down at the table.

"You need to be open minded about this." She says.

Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion I simply nod.

┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈

Sitting at my desk I stare blankly down at the papers in front of me. Not giving one shit about today and wanting nothing but to fucking get the hell out of here.

My talk with Adriana... did not end well. I remember the look in her eyes. How she started tearing up before she told me.

I was expecting something when she asked me to be open minded, but not that. I was so angry. So goddamn angry.

I was ready to flip out and lose my shit. But I had to keep in mind I was in a public place.

The door opened and I was ready to yell for whoever it was to get out but I saw it was Selena. I mentally slap myself for thinking it'd be someone else when you can only get in with the code or if I allow you in.

I watch her as she reads over a paper and walks to her desk. She's dressed in a black dress today. It ends near the middle of her thighs, the dress a v-neck and fits tight against her body showing off her flawless curves.

Her heels clicking against the floor, the red sole on the bottom reflecting off my white marbled floor. Her hair curled only at the ends and her makeup the same as usual.

"Did Morgan Pierce ever call back?" Her voice sounds like it's breaking my thoughts.

"He did but I didn't answer." I answer.

She furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head.

"You do realize he was calling about the deal to mer-" she starts to say.

"I don't give a fuck I'm not in the mood to speak with anyone. Including you, so just carry on with your job." I snap.

She remains silent. I watch as she widens her eyes and redeems them back to normal. I suddenly feel guilty for taking it out on her

"Selena I'm s-" I started.

"Don't." She chuckles.

"It's okay." She adds lowly.

I sigh to myself and look back down at my desk. It's a bit humid in the office so I stand up and walk to the thermostat and switch the adjustments, turning the AC on.

I walk back to my desk and as I am about to sit down my eyes glance at the photo of Adriana and Lily that she gave me not too long ago. Feeling my blood boil I grab the picture frame and throw it across the room.

Selena gasps when the frame collided with the wall and the glass shattered. I let out a sigh, feeling a bit relieved. I hear Selena's heels click against the floor, making it known she's walking towards me.

"Are you alright?" She asks tentatively.

"No." I chuckle.

"Do you, um.. do you want to talk about it?" She asks.

Unsure if I do or don't I remain silent. I hear her sigh slightly and walk back to her desk. I remain standing in the same spot, staring at the shattered picture frame that once meant something to me.

I furrow my eyebrows when I see Selena squat down and use a dustpan and the brush to sweep up the pieces. She does it pretty quickly and stands back up and walks back to her desk.

I watch her. Eyeing her body up and down. Feeling the pull towards her, and hating myself for pushing her away.

I told her I couldn't be with her so I can build a relationship with my "daughter" who isn't even my fucking child. I feel the anger rise inside of me again as I think about everything.

I was nineteen when she told me she was pregnant. I was young and scared that the idea of a DNA test never came to mind. I just believed her when she said it was mine because we were dating at the time and were sexually active

After I signed over and took over my dads business I knew I wouldn't have time for a kid. So I did the next thing I could do. Sent her child support. For four years I was sending that bitch child support for a baby that wasn't even mine.

I ended up building a relationship with a little girl who had no connection to me whatsoever. I bought that little girl everything. I loved her.. loved her as if she was my own.

Because I thought she was my own. But I was wrong, so fucking wrong. And what pisses me off is how long it took Adriana to tell me I'm not the goddamn father.

I look back up at Selena and frown. She's so beautiful. Such a sweet soul. She cared about me. And I was actually pushing her away to try and be a dad when I'm not one. I watch as she throws the glass into the trashcan and puts away the cleaning supplies.

She walks back to her desk and remains standing, opening a few folders and picking them up, probably reading them over and comparing them.

Without hesitation I walk over to her, she looks up at me when she sees me nearing her and as she opens her mouth to speak my hands find her waist and pull her towards me and push my lips against hers.

┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈

|End|

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

46.9K 941 34
Justin was abused as a kid. Now he's 23, and engaged to his girlfriend of six years, Selena. She is twenty four years old. Justin has constant mood...
62.2K 1.7K 25
#1 in CEO in love #20 in Love triangle when a cold hearted CEO aka Mafia king Kim Taehyung fall in love with an ordinary employee YN who is from Ind...
2.4M 65.6K 83
Selena is a twenty one year old girl living in the big apple with her best friend Chris. Both of them working for a company in the city of New York...
334K 6.3K 48
**this story is going though editing** 18 year old Demi, is Harry's styles younger sister. Demi is very close with the boys, and is dating Niall. Bad...