KR Industries

By _SarahK__

Selena is a twenty-three year old girl living in New York with her best friend James. The two have been best... More

~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 25~
~Chapter 27~
~Chapter 29~
~Chapter 31~
~Chapter 33~
~Chapter 35~
~Chapter 37~
~Chapter 39~
~Chapter 41~
~Chapter 43~
~Chapter 45~
~Chapter 47~
~Chapter 49~
~Chapter 51~
~Chapter 53~
~Chapter 55~
~Chapter 59~
~Chapter 61~
~Chapter 63~
~Chapter 65~
~Chapter 67~
~Chapter 69~
~Epilogue Part 2~
~Authors Notes~

~Chapter 58~

54 2 6
By _SarahK__

It's been a week since Killian slipped those words out by "accident" as he said.

After I had asked him why he said that he didn't know why that came out, and he swore his feelings for me weren't near that strong.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't hurt. I tried telling him he could be honest with me but he was quick to interrupt and insist we forget it ever happened since it was a mistake.

It's now Tuesday. All last week he's been avoiding me. Nothing but being formal and strict as the CEO part he plays. I tried calling him and texting him last week but after two days of trying I gave up.

Not entirely on him, just trying to get through to him. If anything I'm probably pressuring him into talking to me and the thought of me annoying him stings a bit inside.

I arrived at work only two hours ago. Killian hasn't come in yet and honestly I'm a bit relieved.

Whenever he arrives he just walks in and does his usual morning routine and asks me to get his coffee then gives me a list of things to do.

And after I manage to finish all of my tasks he doesn't like that I have nothing to do so piles more and more crap on my plate. My phone goes off beside me and I stop typing on the computer and unlock my phone.

Leo: Hey you free this Friday?

I smile at the text and reply.

Selena: Don't think so, why?

Leo: Got tickets to a Knicks game, court side if you want to come with me? 🙂

Unsure of what to respond and do I tell him I have to make sure I don't have to stay late after work and that I'd get back to him.

I continue to work on this deal for Killian as the doors open. He walks in and goes straight to his desk. Knowing that he'll ask for his coffee I stand up.

"Don't want one today." He says. I simply nod and sit back down.

"Lorenzo Romano wants a meeting as soon as possible." I tell him.

"Well, aren't I booked for the rest of the week?" He asks in annoyance.

I take in a deep breath and let it out before speaking.

"Yes. But he wants one as soon as possible if you want the deal sealed." I answer.

"You're my assistant, it's your job to manage my meetings. Why are you telling me this?" He spats.

"Because how the hell am I-" I begin but stop myself.

"Never mind I'll just move your meetings around.. again." I finish and he huffs.

"That wasn't so hard was it?" He says.

"No it wasn't but you keep blowing off other business meetings and no one is going to want to work with you." I snap.

"Most eligible bachelor in California sweetheart, everyone wants to work for me." He says cockily but I ignore his response knowing I'll start yelling at his dumb ass.

"Did you sign the transfer so I could go back to working for Ace?" I ask.

At this his features change. His jaw

clenching and his grip on the pen tightening.

"No Selena, I did not." He says.

"Why?" I ask. "I want to transfer." I add.

"I understand that but things are running smoothly around here because of you." He says.

"Business wise, that is." He adds.

"Well I don't want to work here anymore." I tell him.

"Then quit." He says.

"I've tried! You threatened that you'd tell other companies I'm horrible at my job! And because you're this big shot billionaire they'll listen to you! So you could please do me the goddamn favor of sending me back to Ace?" I snap.

"Ace and I will discuss it." He says and I groan in annoyance but continue with my work.

The rest of the day dragged on. Killian only speaking to me when he needed to do something.

┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈

I reach James in the parking lot and sit in the passenger side.

"Took you long enough I've been calling you." He chuckles.

"Really? I didn't hear my phone ring?" I frown and open my purse.

"God dammit." I sigh.

"It's on your desk isn't it?" He laughs.

"I'll be right baaack." I trail off and he laughs.

Re-entering the building I walk over to the elevator. I don't take Killian's anymore. He insists I do so I can get between floors faster but I only use it when I have to attend a meeting with him, other than that I don't think he knows that those are the only times I use it.

After what feels like forever due to people getting on and getting off, it comes to a stop at the top floor. I walk down the corridor and to his office.

When I reach the doors I touch the little screen to enter the pass code. I don't really like using my fingerprint anymore either so I manually enter the code.

The doors slide open and I walk in, I gasp and look down at the floor when I notice him at his desk with a brunette straddling his lap on his chair. The sound of my gasp interrupting their make out session.

"Sele-"

"Sorry to interrupt, I left my phone." I say, avoiding eye contact as I quickly walk to my desk and open my drawer and grab my phone.

As I close the drawer I push my chair in and walk towards the door.

"Selena, wait!" He rasps as he grabs a hold of my arm.

"Let go." I say, not looking up at him.

"No, I need you to listen to me." I look up at him with furrowed eyebrows.

I take a glance behind him and see her sitting in his chair with her legs crossed and a smirk on her lips, her blouse unbuttoned completely and the hickeys on her neck and chest easily visible.

I feel my eyes begin to tear and I blink them back and look back up at him. His blazer unbuttoned as well as his collared shirt. His belt buckle undone as if he were really about to fuck the girl.

"I'm not interested in shit you have to say." I hiss and force my arm out of his grip and leave his office.

Half way down the hall and to the elevator I hear him call my name and I continue to walk. My arm is grabbed again and he turns me around.

"Bloody hell, can you listen to me?" He says.

"I can but I don't fucking want to. Go back to whatever I interrupted." I snap. His shirt is buttoned up again as well as his blazer and his belt.

"It's not-"

"What did it look like? Really, that's the line you want to pull?" I interrupt, raising an eyebrow.

"She's a friend." He sighs.

"A close one at that." I chuckle.

"What happened to you, don't kiss your friends, don't hold hands with your friends, don't leave hickeys on your friends? Just fuck off." I say and get ready to walk away but he speaks.

"So you're just going to give up on us?" He asks.

"Are you really throwing that at me right now? You're the one that needed the space. You're the one that can't handle a relationship right now. You're the one that said you wouldn't see anyone else and you would still be devoted to me. You expect me to wait for you and not see other people, but you can do it? You're fucking pathetic." I say with a teary ass, my voice cracking slightly.

"You said you wouldn't give up." He chuckles sadly.

"Coming from you who was messing around with some girl in your office." I say and turn around and walk away.

Finally making it outside I walk to James's car and sit inside.

"Hey what was the hold up?" He asks.

"Selena, you were crying. Do I need to go up there and kick his ass?" He asks.

I chuckle slightly and I wipe away some tears that fell.

"No," I shake my head.

"Don't even give him the time of day. Let's just go home." I add.

┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈

|End|

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 2.7K 44
Behind Closed Doors in secret; away from observers, reporters, or intruders, usually in a closed room. That's Y/n and Selena's Relationship, hidden f...
722K 10.4K 23
[18+ WARNING] Agegap Smut included DESCRIPTION ----------------------------- Selena Rodriguez 18 year old teen, enjoying her dance life. Suddenly ev...
334K 6.3K 48
**this story is going though editing** 18 year old Demi, is Harry's styles younger sister. Demi is very close with the boys, and is dating Niall. Bad...
1.3K 33 11
The CEO's series; Book one(18+ mature scenes) Sebastian Drew is a 25 years old CEO, living a double life, one he can't control even if he wants to. W...