Stasis || Bucky Barnes

De Frayed-Apart

Book 1 in the Stasis series. 'What's more relaxing than setting something on fire?" "Is that rhetorical?" Buc... Mais

00
Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty four
Twenty five
Twenty six
Twenty seven
Twenty eight
Twenty nine
Thirty
Thirty one
Thirty two
Thirty three
Thirty four
Thirty five
Thirty Six
Epilogue
AN
Sequel

Eighteen

8.8K 598 61
De Frayed-Apart

The plan worked almost exactly as Steve said. It didn't take long for Frenchie to roll under the tanks as they drove past and leave a couple of bombs as they went. When they went off just as the tanks hit the gate, it was with a almighty noise and a ball of fire. Steve and the others were moving before the smoke was clear. Basil jumped to his feet, his medic and the bombs bags banging on his hip, as the rest of the squad followed. Already shouts and the sputtering of gun fire had begun to sound. He turned and spared a glance to the ridge where he knew Bucky would be watching through his rifle scope, before running after them.

Unlike the rest of the squad, Basil didn't like to carry his rifle. He had one but he also had two blades in each boot and a pistol inside his jacket. So when he was through the gate to the hydra base and his rifle jammed after shooting ten times, he tossed it and pulled out his pistol. The smaller gun was easier to use with his two bags. All he had to do was avoid the weird blue blasts and the tanks as he ran to the buildings. Just point and shoot along the way if any of the black soldiers came close. At the front of the compound, it sounded like Steve and the others were doing a good job at drawing attention. There was the sounds of chaos and the screams of pain. Mostly German screams so Basil guessed that they were doing quite well.

"Frenchie!" He yelled as Jacques appeared between two trucks. The French man made a series of hand motions as he gunned down an attacking hydra soldier. One finger, two fingers, finger gun. Basil immediately changed direction and continued running towards the second building on the right. Gabe and Frenchie would handle the other two.

There was a blast to his right and he went flying. Form flipping through the air then skidding into a roll across the ground. Basil groaned at the sudden sharp flaring pain but pushed himself to his feet. He felt dizzy and there was something sticky on his face. Where was his helmet? Ah, he spotted it over by the open door to the concrete structure he was aiming for. He stumbled forwards, shaking his head to clear it of dizziness. A group of black soldiers appeared through the door and his gun was up before he could even think. A sudden calm seemed to fall. The battle fading to muted background noise as the world seemed to slow. He pulled the trigger and every man fell one by one. Each form falling before they could think to retaliate.

Basil scooped up his helmet and put it on, mind clearing as the world came pounding back. Before another explosion could shake the earth, he was through the door and into the darkness of the building. It was just as dark and dingy as the other hydra facially he had been in. Tiled floors and flickering lights. His footsteps echoed as he began jogging through the corridors. Most of the soldiers would be outside dealing with Steve but Basil couldn't be too careful. All he had to do was find a wall in the centre of the building and place the bombs then get the heck out of there.

Another few turns and he judged that this should be far enough. He ducked into the first open door that he could find, which turned out to be files room. Good, lots of paper to burn. Basil shook off the bag full of bombs and set it in the corner then he struggled with the clasp and pulled the bag open. A mess of wires and steel greeted him. There was a switch on the side and Basil flicked it. A red light shone and he knew that he had three minutes to get out of there. He turned and ran back out of the room, back down the corridors. He passed a black clothed soldier and for a minute panic caught him. But he continued running.

He was breaking back out of the building and into the sunlight when there was a bang. Something caught him and he was twisting, crying out at the sudden pain. His other hand grabbed his pistol and he was aiming before he could fully absorb what had happened. The black soldier half hidden behind a truck stepped out to take a second shot and his head burst. Basil's aim being true. Then the building Frenchie had taken blew. It crumpled like wet paper then the second one blew, almost like a domino effect. Rubble began to rain down and Basil was stumbling, forcing himself round to run.

"Parrish!" Gabe was at his side and grabbing at his shoulder. The larger man pulling him into a faster run. They both sprinted towards the mess that was now the gates. Basil couldn't see anyone else from their squad. Then his building blew. The explosion gave them more force and they were laughing. Adrenaline filled laughs as they hit the trees.

"Fuck Bucky was right", Gabe heaved as they slowed to a walk. The base so far behind them that they no longer needed to run. The dark skinned man was covered in soot and dust. There was a trickle of blood on his cheek from a small cut and his uniform had a few rips. He slapped Basil on the shoulders as they stumbled to the meeting point. "You really do laugh like a madman".

Basil laughed and was still giggling by the time they hit the sheltered clearing where they had put up their camp. The others turned as they emerged from the trees. Everyone was there. Dum Dum and Monty were sat by their small fire wrestling with their tins of rations. Jim and Frenchie were cleaning their guns and arguing with Sam while Pinky and Steve appeared to have just arrived. "Finally", Dum dum waved at them. "Thought you got lost there kid".

"I'm not a kid", Basil grumbled, giggles leaving as he trudged towards the fire. "Anyone wounded?" He looked around but the blood on their uniforms seemed to be mostly other people's.

"Nothing we can't deal with", Jim muttered. "Just nicks and scrapes. Throw us some bandages". Basil flopped down by the fire and pulled some bandages from his pack.

"Make sure to clean them properly", he scolded. "I don't want anyone having infected wounds under my watch". The rest of the men grumbled. Basil sighed, heart still pounding from the battle. He rolled his shoulders and winced at the bruises forming. There was a stinging on his right arm and he glanced down, huffing at the long cut visible through the tear in his sleeve. Flesh wound. He grumbled as he pulled out the rag and bottle of boiled salt water from his bag and began to wet it.

"Good job boys", Bucky's voice made him look up as the man entered camp. "The base is nothing but rubble". A cheer rose up and Basil grinned.

"Thanks Buck", Steve clapped the man on the shoulder. "The guy would have gotten me if you hadn't had my back".

"Well I am a sniper, it's what I do", Bucky rolled his eyes. "And Steve please stop saluting to me and giving away my position"l the men laughed as Steve flushed slightly.

"Ah sorry Buck". Bucky shook his head fondly and looked around. His gaze settling on Basil.

Basil held out his arms and grinned. "Hey Sarge. Still alive. You miss me?"

Bucky scoffed as he trudged over but his eyes were amused. "I didn't miss you at all Parrish. It was actually nice a quiet up there without your voice".

"Aww Sarge you wound me", Basil moved to put his hand to his chest but hissed at it pulled on his cut. Bucky's eyes immediately spotted it and the man sat down at his side.

"Parrish did you get shot?" The rest of the squad turned at the word.

"Shot?"

"Did the kid get shot?"

"It's just a slight flesh wound guys!" Basil called out. "Really. I can deal with it". He huffed at them and began cleaning the blood from the wound. As the flesh was revealed, he realised that it was just as he thought. Only a simple scrape about half a centimetre deep. "See", he huffed at Bucky. "Probably won't even leave a scar".

"You have blood on you face", Bucky pointed out. Basil wrinkled his nose in annoyance.

"I know, a small cut on my temple. Head wounds just bleed a lot". Basil finished cleaning the wound and turned, holding out the rag. He smiled and batted his eyes. "Could you clean it for me Sarge? I can't see my own face".

Bucky chuckled and took the rag. "Brat. Take off your helmet". Basil pushed his helmet off and Bucky's fingers pressed lightly on his jaw. He twisted his head slightly as the rag began to rub against his skin. Basil could hear the rest of the squad chatting in the background. Steve had a sketchbook open on his lap and his shield resting at his side. The rest of the squad were in a debate over the best pinup posters they had seen and Steve would chuckle at them. Then the blonde looked up and his gaze rested on Basil and Bucky. The two men set a short distance away from the group.

"There", Bucky's touch left and Basil turned back to him. "Your face is still there Parrish".

"Aww Sarge", Basil grinned. "You like my pretty face". Bucky laughed and stood up, tossing Basil back his rag.

"Want help bandaging that arm Parrish?"

"If you insist".

Bucky rolled his eyes and moved his rifle to sit at Basil's side. He pulled out the bandages and wove them round his arm as Basil instructed. Once the wound was hidden, Basil smiled. "I lived. Can I ask again Sarge?"

Bucky snorted and picked up his rifle. "Ask tomorrow". Then he was moving back towards the fire. Basil smiled then he looked round and caught Steve's eye. The blonde man flicked his gaze between him and Bucky, then he smiled. A soft reassuring thing before he went back to sketching. Basil blinked in surprise then beamed.

Unedited

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

543K 13.7K 38
❝ You always save everyone else, but who saves you? ❞ ❝ No one, because I can save myself. ❞ ...
502K 7.9K 40
DISCLAIMER: i wrote these several years ago and i know they're bad so bare with me lol Just a compilation of imagines dedicated to our very favorite...
128K 4K 93
Captain America: The First Avenger- Current "I want you to know that I'm never leaving Cause I'm Mrs. Snow, 'till death we'll be freezing Yeah, you a...
94.2K 2.6K 14
Steve and Abigail Rogers have known Bucky Barnes since they we children. But when he gets drafted to go to war things start to change. When Steve enr...