The God Gambler: A COTE x Kak...

By Nekoramara-senpai

Takes place after Volume 10. Tsukishiro successfully expelled Kiyotaka with the help of Sakayanagi Arisu on t... More

Chapter 1: Behind Her Mask
Chapter 2: Vote Rock-Paper-Scissors Pt. 1
Chapter 3: Vote Rock-Paper-Scissors Pt. 2
Chapter 4: A Kakegurui
Chapter 5: Tradition
Chapter 6: My First Gamble
Chapter 7: Traditional Culture Research Club
Chapter 8: Saotome Mary's Fall
Chapter 9: The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 10: Insults And Mockery
Chapter 11: Intervention And A Big Loss
Chapter 12: Flaws
Chapter 13: Not My Type
Chapter 14: Ikishima Midari
Chapter 14.5: Life Plan is a Joke...Except it's not
Chapter 15: Telling Jokes

Prologue: Deport & Arrival

17.3K 464 114
By Nekoramara-senpai

Gotta upload the next chap tomorrow since my eyes hurts so bad. And my charger is still not working too.

Kiyotaka POV

Advance Nurturing High School or ANHS. A not-so-normal high school created by the government to nurture future leaders of the country. A unique and one of a kind school there is in Japan.

Unlike a normal school, ANHS are challenging their students through special exams that no ordinary high school students will experience. Surviving on a deserted island, tests and exams with questions that isn't appropriate for high school students..

Monthly allowances are bases on their merits, class points and all. Basically, hardships and challenges here and there are normal.

And I, Ayanakoji Kiyotaka, after a few months upon enrolling in this school, got expelled from a special exam "Class Poll".

Having the ability that surpasses the capability of a normal human, surviving in this school is a mere walk in the park for me. I haven't encountered a single question in the exams that I cannot answer. Physical tests are nothing compared to my training regimen.

That man—my own father, made me the very person I am today. A masterpiece from that place. He doesn't want me to go to this school. Due to that place—the White Room being forced to shut down for 2 years, I got the chance to escape from his grasp.

The curiosity of how it feel to be a normal human being. The curiosity of how foods other than what they give tastes like. The curiosity of how it feels outside of that white walls.

The curiosity of how to feel emotions

Yet, here I am, unsatisfied by how things turned out. I left the room upon hearing the announcement with a sigh. I shot a glance at Haruka, then to the rest of the Ayanakoji Group. All of them has a disbelief and sad face. Akito, with a forced and sad smile, waved me goodbye.

Airi's sobs can be heard on the room. My own sensei and my neighbor doesn't want to accept this new reality. Me leaving is the only worse thing that can happen. Horikita must've lost hope by this development.

I took a look at Kei. Her eyes turning red from crying. I promised to protect her in Hirata's stead, yet her own shield got crushed on its own.

It's time

Upon finally leaving the room of Class-D, I dodged a fast back hand punch from Ryueen. Upon turning around to see the said person, another kick got sent flying towards my abdomen, in which I only twist my body to avoid it. He clicked tongue and punched the wall of the room.

"Damn it! How on fucking earth did you got expelled?! 20 million aight? I'mma fucking pay that shit, move to my class you fucking monster!"

I only shrugged at his antic. No matter how much he offered to pay, the outcome won't change. My father's authority won't allow him to. I didn't really care either way.

Behind his back, Ishizaki and Albert comforted Hiyori by patting her back as she covered her face with a book. Every time she take a peek at me, her crying will only get louder.

I do not plan to hurt her any further. I let out a sigh and continued moving away.

"See you in the future, Ayanokoji-kun." A very familiar voice said to me.

Glancing at my side, Sakayanagi, alongside Kamuro, stood there with her usual smug smile. Kamuro, on the other hand, looked at me with pity on her eyes. But the disgust weigh heavier than that.

"Yeah." A short, yet understandable reply.

I waved my hands goodbye and left the school building.

( Wait, did I forget someone? No? Okay. )

Upon packing my things in my room, I took another look at the school where I become stubborn on my father's order to drop out. He successfully did so, so I can't really complain.

Before my final step through the schools entrance, Tsukishiro can be seen waiting for me on the gates. He still wore that usual smile of him. He clapped his hands a few times as he approached me.

"Good job holding out this long, Ayanokoji-kun." He said.

"So, I assume that car over there is my fetch? Let's get this over with."

I continued moving away from him. Staying here much longer will only proved hard for me to move on. The challenges I will face there will be much harder than what the school gave to me.

My troublesome life will continue again. But I enjoyed my time here, really.

Hands on my packet, I opened the door of the car, but what shocked me is the hand in my shoulders. Tsukishiro flashed another smile at me.

"Don't be hasty."

"What?"

"Your father didn't expell you from this school just to bring you back there. Well, Not anymore."

His words confused me. Isn't the point of him doing all this trouble of recruiting Tsukishiro to expell me is to bring me back there? If not, then why?

Actually, cut that thought. I don't even know if he's teling the truth.

"Explain."

"Ho. I told you, don't be hasty."

Tsukishiro took out a small card by the pocket of his shirt. He gave it to me as I read the details of the card.

My father's name, occupation, id numbers there and there. Basically, this is his own bank account. I don't know the exact amount of his money, but millions of yens are surely inside here.

But, what's this for?

"Professor wants you to attend Hyakkaou Private Academy as a second-year student. You will be advancing a year, in short."

He explained to me the detail of my father's plan. Hyakkaou Private Academy— founded 122 years ago. It is an institution of longstanding traditions and social statuses. Many of its students are from powerful families in the political and financial world.

The school does not evaluate it students from sports and studies. That's because such things aren't necessary for people who are destined to have power over others.

For these people, it is more important to be well-versed in tactics and reading minds, and the strength to grasp victory.  In other words, it is your strength in...

Gambling

Basically, my father wants me to enroll in this school to spread his name by winning gambles; who are played based on luck? Sure, his name is already well-known on the political world, but gaining more won't hurt.

I have doubts about this. But, if it means that I still have 2 years to spend in the outside world, then I'll gladly take him up on that offer.

With a wave of goodbye, Tsukishiro sent me away to my new school. It took us a handful of hour to arrive at what I saw, Hyakkaou Private Academy.

A wide space school with a garden in front. The size of the campus is identical to a college school, but a much more bigger than that. A large steel door in front serving as the gate, going outside of the school once you entered is forbidden, not unless you got expelled or you graduate.

Just like ANHS, in short. But gambling? Really? I didn't even thought of learning or doing that. Are minors even allowed to gamble?

I know some card games like mahjong, poker and such, but a beginner like me won't stand a chance against veteran students like them.

With a sigh, I opened the door of the car as I analyzed the detailes of the school. The boy's uniform consist of white shirts under a red blazer with black ties. Black pants with black shoes.

It's actually the same as my uniform. But different at some traits. As for the girls, it's the same as the boy's. But there's no tie nor ribbons. Their skirts are actually shorter than what the girls have back on my school.

The girls looked at me in surprised, their eyes being replaced by hearts. The boys only got annoyed at me, as they click tongue then diverted their gazes away.

Why though?

I let out a sigh as the car behind me took its leave.

So this will be my new school, huh? Troublesome

~ ~ ~ ~

I PRESENT TO YOU A KAKEGURUI X COTE FANFIC!!!!!

Wait, it's too late to say that. Anyway, the next chapter will be posted later today or tomorrow. I'm too lazy and my eyes hurts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64K 1.3K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...
466K 31.5K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
592K 9.1K 87
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC