Whatever Comes (Demma Book 1)

By GryffindorDuke_48

Origins-Start of Filming The Chamber of Secrets. They go to the same school (even though IRL they do not meet... More

Origins
Meeting New Neighbors
The First Day of School Together
The Nurses Office
The First Sleepover
The Announcement
The Auditions
The First Christmas
Dan's Next Act
The First Day and Other Issues
The Result and The London Premiere
The Beginning
11 Years Later
The Letters From No One
Enter The Giant
Diagon Alley
Platform 9 3/4
The Sorting Hat
The New Enemy
Hallowe'en
Quidditch
The Mirror of Erised
The Norwegian Ridgeback
The Forbidden Forest
Through The Trapdoor
The First Confrontation
Aftermath
After The Premiere
Journey To New York City
The Rosie O'Donnell Show
Regis and Kelly Part I
U.S. Premiere
Author's Note

New Recruits

109 4 0
By GryffindorDuke_48

Dateline: September 12th, 1991

Outside of the castle, a few days after their encounter with Snape in the Potions classroom, Harry and Hermione were at Broomstick Practice with their teacher, Madam Hooch. The short-haired and yellow-hawked-eyed Hooch walked down an aisle filled with Gryffindors on one side and Slytherins on the other side.

''Good afternoon, class.'' said the teacher to the new students

''Good afternoon, Madam Hooch.'' said the first years

''Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick.'' Hooch said, ushering the students to their brooms. ''Stick your right hand over the broom and say, up!''

The students yelled, ''Up!'' with Harry and Hermione's brooms flying into their hands immediately. They looked at each other with great amusement as they were the first ones to get their brooms to their hands. Not long after, Draco picked up his broomstick after yelling, ''Up!'' and he grinned smugly. After that, almost every person was having trouble with their brooms until Hooch shouts to the students ''With feeling!'' Finally, the rest of the students picked up their brooms, and Hooch was ready to continue the lesson.

''Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight; you don't want to be sliding off the end,'' she said, as the students got onto their brooms. ''When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your brooms steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle...3...2...'' she blew her whistle, and the next thing that Neville and Seamus knew was that their brooms were starting to move, causing them to be slightly above the ground.

All the other first years looked at Neville and Seamus with their brooms speeding into a wall while Madam Hooch yelled, ''Mr. Longbottom, Mr. Finnegan, come back down this instant!'' Both collided into each other before crashing into the wall and sped up until they got caught on a gargoyle just hanging by their capes. After their cloaks rip from the gargoyle, a torch catches Neville and Seamus by their cloaks. Seconds later, both slipped out from their cloaks, and they fell to the ground, which made Madam Hooch to rush over towards the two clumsy first years.

''It's a broken wrist. Tch, Tch, Tch. Come on now, up you get.'' said Hooch ushering the two boys to their feet, and she turns to the class. ''Everyone's to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr. Longbottom and Mr. Finnegan to the hospital wing. Understand? I see a single broom in the air; the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say Quidditch.''

Malfoy and one of his loonies, Gregory Goyle, grab two rememberalls from the ground, and Draco spoke up, which made his Slytherin teammates laugh, ''Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lumps have given these a squeeze, they'd remember to fall on their fat arse.''

''Give it here, Malfoy and Goyle,'' Harry said, calmly

''No.'' Malfoy snickered, turning to Goyle ''I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find.''

''And I'll leave this somewhere for Finnegan to find,'' said Goyle as he and Malfoy hopped on their brooms and began to soar into the air.

''How 'bout on the roof?'' they both said

''What's the matter, Potter and Granger? Bit beyond your reach?'' Malfoy sneered as Harry and Hermione got on their brooms and flew off into the air.

''Give it here, or We'll knock you two off your brooms!'' Hermione said, staring at Goyle

''Is that so?'' sneered Malfoy as both he and Goyle dodged the quick dashes from Harry and Hermione who are trying to get the Remembralls ''Have it your way, then!'' he said, and he and Goyle hurled the Remembralls in the air

''Hermione, get the Rememberall Goyle threw. I'll go after Malfoy's'' Harry said, and Hermione nodded, both speeding off to recover Neville and Seamus' Rememberalls.

Both sped after the ball and were going to crash into a tower, Hermione on the Southside and Harry on the Northside. They were about to crash into their windows until, at the last second, they both caught the remembralls and lowered themselves down towards the ground with first years cheering and congratulating them on a job well done. Then, all of a sudden, Professor McGonagall appeared on the grounds.

''Harry Potter and Hermione Granger?'' she said to the class of first years, leaving a grin on Malfoy's face. ''Follow me.'' Both followed McGonagall out of the class as both Malfoy, and his Slytherin classmates snickered in delight.

Minutes later, both followed McGonagall through the hallway until McGonagall told Harry and Hermione to wait around a corner. It wasn't Dumbledore's office. Instead, it was a classroom with a teacher holding an iguana. ''Professor Quirrell, Could I borrow Wood for a moment, please?'' she asked him

''Y-yes, of course,'' he answered, and a burly fifth-year boy came out of the class, confused in thought.

''Potter, Granger, this is Oliver Wood. Wood, I have found you, two new Seekers!'' She said in excitement.

After Wood explained to Harry and Hermione that he'd get them broomsticks and an exclamation of Quidditch, Harry stopped Hermione for a split second just as soon as they walked to their next class.

''We've never even played Quidditch. What if we make fools of ourselves?'' he asked her, bemused.

''We won't make fools of ourselves. It's in our blood. Follow me; I have something to show you.'' she said, taking his hand leading to another hall, decked in trophies and awards.

She pointed at two plaques of Quidditch players with both Harry and Hermione's fathers as seekers. Harry wasn't surprised that Hermione knows something that he doesn't. That evening, Harry and Hermione were journeying up to the Gryffindor Common Room on the seventh floor until they felt something moving.

''What's happening?'' Harry questioned, grabbing one of the railings.

''The staircases change, remember?'' she answered in an unmistakable tone as the staircases moved towards a door. ''Where does this go?''

''Don't know,'' he said, answering her question, and he moved towards the door.

''Harry? Where are you going?''

''We haven't explored this part of the castle, Hermione, and I would think this would be the last place to check off on our first-year-places-to-go-in-Hogwarts-that-we-haven't-explored-yet. Now, come on.''

She followed him through the door, and they discovered a room that was dark and dusty. The only light that came from the room was from outside the room. It wasn't any old room; It was a deserted corridor.

''Harry, this is the third floor. Don't you think it's forbidden for students to access this part of the castle?''

Suddenly, a flame lights up on a tall stone that supports a torch, and a striped-brown cat was standing by the entrance to the third floor. They were about to get out initially, but they spotted the cat near the entrance. It turns out that it was Fitch's cat standing by the doorway. Harry grabbed Hermione by her robes, and they made a run from it until they spotted another door, only this time, at the end of the corridor. Harry tried to grab the handle until he realized that in Standard Book of Spells, Chapter 7, there was a spell to unlock certain magical locks. He grabbed out his wand from his pants and pointed at the lock.

''Alohomora,'' he said, which caused the door to be unlocked. ''Hermione, get in.''

Seconds later, they hear a voice coming from the hall.

''Anyone here, my sweet?'' said the voice checking to see the trouble that occurred not too long ago. ''Come on.'' repeated the voice leaving the corridor.

''Filch is gone, and that door was locked, but why?'' Hermione asked

''For good reason, Look,'' Harry said, pointing at an object

They both knew why it was forbidden. Looking straight into their eyes was a monstrous dog that filled the space between the ceiling and the floor. Three heads, three pairs of mad yellow eyes, three noses that were twitching side to side, and three drooling mouths. All six eyes were staring at the two students, and they made a dash for the door, which made the dog angry, hoping for a midnight snack. They shut the door the dog was in and locked it shut and tight. Filch probably never returned because he couldn't care less what students would be doing out of bed. They walked into the Gryffindor Common Room, and with students in bed, there was no way they could tell a teacher what happened outside with students out of bed.

''Why would they keep a three-headed dog locked up in a school?'' said Harry. ''Also, why was a trapdoor doing at the dogs' paws? Do you think that it's guarding something secret that Dumbledore ordered?''

''Harry, you're a genius!'' exclaimed Hermione. ''Let me think about that sometime later. I would think other Gryffindors would know what we're doing.''

''You're right; let's go.''

''Oh, one more thing,'' she said, kissing Harry on the cheek, which made him blush.

Harry has given Hermione a lot to think about as they both headed up to their separate dorms. Gringotts was the safest place in the world except perhaps Hogwarts, but it wouldn't be the case this time. Unfortunately, it looked as though both Harry and Hermione found out where the bag from vault 713 was the entire time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 189 8
Joker finds you cosplaying as him and he finds out you can shape shift!!! And he likes you!! Read to find out more.
10.2K 315 30
Veronica was the Princess of Northside. Jughead was the Prince of Southside. It was unexpected and no one saw it coming, Until one day a tape arrived...
192K 9.4K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
Lucent By ads ¡¡

Teen Fiction

171K 3.9K 17
lucent (adj); softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for some minutes. I have no idea how a cut can b...