A Person I Used To Know

By Auth35r

Nuria Daeva is a 17 year old girl with a traumatic past which she is yet to overcome. Shes been in America fo... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four

Chapter ten

22.2K 508 1.2K
By Auth35r

Thank you all for being so kind and understanding in the comments I honestly appreciate it so much

*****

"Nuria!" Lyssa beamed as she ran up to me.

I had barely made it out of my car and closed the door before her body crashed into mine in a tight embrace.

"I know you said you were sick," She said, as she pulled away from me slightly to scan my face, "but you didn't seem ill, do you want to talk about it?"

I shook my head, I surprisingly felt clear minded that morning, normally when I had those 'dreams' it took me a few days to a week to get over.

"I'm fine now, I promise," I reassured her as we began walking to the building.

The familiar chatter of voices in the hallway soon made its way to my ears as we entered.

"Hey, Nuria, you good?" I heard a familiar voice call, as I leaned against the locker next to Lyssa's.

I looked over my shoulder to see Devon and Maeko walking towards us.

"Yep." I replied to Devon.

My bestfriend walked over to him as she put her hands on his cheek and pulled him into a kiss.

I guess they were official now.

Maekos eyes widened slightly as we exchanged glances and he snaked his arm around my shoulders.

I grimaced at the touch but didn't shake him off like I normally would of done.

"So your official now?" Maeko questioned, voicing my words that I had thought seconds ago and wiggling his eyebrows with a stupid grin plastered on his face.

"Yes, we are," Lyssa smiled, looking at both of us.

I was happy she was happy, but if Devon made her feel the opposite we were going to have a very big problem.

Devon wrapped his hand around her waist and pulled her in closer as the bell rang.

I groaned as I picked up Maekos hand and unwrapped it from my shoulder.

"We'll see you later!" Maeko called from behind me as I strode to class.

"Mhm," was all I replied.

*****

"Okay class, homework, in. Now."

Shit. I couldn't remember if I had done the homework my biology teacher set.

The class swarmed to the front of the room, placing the dainty pieces of paper in a neat pile.

The teacher scanned each and every student until his eyes landed upon me.

I sighed, here we go.

"Nuria, and where will your homework be?"

Now that was the million dollar question.

"Oh well, you see... it's in my locker?"

"I can't tell if that was a statement or a question?"

I couldn't tell, either.

"It's in my locker," hopefully.

He raised his arm and gestured for me to leave and go and get it, I exhaled deeply before turning in my stool to get up and leave.

I heard the scraping of a chair on the shitty vinyl floor as I exited the room.

*****

The corridors were near silent as I approached the lockers, except for the faint sounds of footsteps behind me.

I ignored it.

I reached my locker, pressed in the very unguessable code— 12345678–to allow access, and pulled it to open.

Fuck yeah. I had remembered to do it.

I pulled it from my bag but just before I had chance to close my locker myself a hand slammed it shut, instantly, I turned around to see Valerian standing there, only inches away from me.

"Valerian what the fuck!" I said, as I placed my hands on his chest and shoved him back, he stumbled a step or two, his grin still stuck to his face.

"Have you blocked me?" He questioned, as he folded his arms.

"Yes, why?"

"Why did you block me?"

I ran a hand through my hair, "I don't like talking to you."

I decided to be honest for once in my life.

He furrowed his brows, "why what did I do?" He asked defensively.

"I just don't like talking to you...".

"Why?"

Wow, this guy could not take the hint.

"Valerian?"

"What."

"Fuck. Off." I stated as I turned around and began walking back to my class. I was already so behind on it, the stress of failing biology was slowly consuming me from the inside out and missing 15 minutes of the lesson would not help with my lack of attending that subject.

I never normally gave guys my number and the one time I did of course he had to end up being clingy as fuck.

I'd known him for a day and messaged him once and he expected an explanation as to why I didn't want to talk to him anymore? As if we'd known each other for awhile, I just didn't like him, it was simple.

"Let me take you out!"

Fucking hell.

I turned around slowly to stare at him.

"And where, Valerian, would you take me?" I questioned, frustration already brewing in my blood.

"I don't know, pancake palace? The park? Anywhere you want to go," he grinned at me.

Pancake palace? That little bastard. He'd got me there.

"Ok, fine, pancake palace."

His grin turned larger as he walked beside me and we headed back to class.

I didn't believe the amigos about how he 'seemed abusive'. He didn't seem abusive just clingy and annoying and I didn't want a relationship with anyone, let alone Ed Sheeran over there.

*****

"Are you all free today?" I asked, as I sat down at our shitty table. Secretly, I blamed them all besides Lyssa for making our tree fall down, it was perfectly fine and stable before they showed up.

They all turned and looked at me, "Yeah why?" Lyssa asked.

"Okay, then we're going to pancake palace." I stated. Valerian had made me crave pancakes and I wanted one more decent memory at the place before he took me there and ruined it.

Lyssa squealed beside me.

"What the fuck is 'pancake palace'?" Maeko asked, a confused look on his face.

My smile instantly dropped and so did Lyssa's high pitched noise.

"What?" I chocked on my words, that poor, poor boy. Had he really not experienced the delicacy's at pancake palace?

"What the fuck is p-" He began repeating, slowly.

"Sh." I said to him, cutting him off completely. I turned towards Devon, my eyebrows raised in question. He shook his head,"I've never heard of the place."

What. The. Fuck.

I turned to Azael next, who had been sat there quietly, watching the conversation roll out.

He looked at me,"Yeah, I've been there, it's Isabella's favourite place."

I grinned,"So at least one of you has."

"What is pancake palace?" Devon asked as Alyssa stared at him with puppy eyes.

"Clues in the name, dipshit." I replied quickly as I stood up.

"Where are you going?"

I wanted pancakes and I would go with or without them.

"We, are going to pancake palace." I stated, as I walked around the table and grabbed Devon and Maekos hoods as I pulled them up.

"Hey!" Maeko shouted, as he stumbled backwards a step or two.

"We have class..."

"I know, Lyssa, but I have English and I think I know the language pretty well enough already, so we're getting pancakes."

I looked down at Azael who was the only one still sat down, painfully slowly he looked up at me. I gave him a stare that said If you don't stand up right now I will carry you.

He glared at me and sighed before his tall frame took form and he stood.

"Pancakes aren't even that good..." Maeko muttered under his breath.

"Hm? What was that." I questioned defensively.

Quickly, he looked up at me,"oh, I said pancakes are really good!" He smiled. The fear in his eyes simmered and sent sparks of joy rushing through my body as we headed to the parking lot.

*****

I sat between Maeko and Lyssa as we all took our seats on the yellow leather chairs.

The smell of pancakes danced around the room, making me mentally drool as I bounced my leg up and down impatiently.

3 menus had been laid out in the middle of the matching yellow table so I picked them up and handed Azael and Devon one, Lyssa and I one and Maeko his own.

"Mm the chocolate waffle looks nice," Devon hummed after a moment of scanning though the menu.

"We're at pancake palace, Devon. Be a normal person and get a pancake." I said and quickly flicked my eyes back to the menu.

He huffed a laugh as Lyssa leaned forward to give him information on the best one's.

"Which one should I get?" Maeko questioned from beside me. I peered over.

"Nutella and strawberries is the best one."

He pulled a face as he shuck his head. "Nutella is a no."

"Maeko."

"Nuria."

"Are you okay? How can you not like Nutella?" I questioned astonished.

I turned to face Azael who had been unusually quiet that day.

He glanced up through his lashes at me from across the table, his posture was off, his shoulders had slacked and overall he looked shit.

Utterly shit.

I slightly lowered my brows and tilted my head in silent question but he glanced back down to his lap.

"What can I get for ya?" A smiling old man asked, he wore a yellow apron that said 'pancake palace' in red writing which matched the decor of the restaurant, he was also Asian like Maeko and had sparkling silver hair that reflected the glow of the lights which illuminated the building.

"Two large chocolate waffles, please," Lyssa smiled politely at the man.

Wow, I didn't think I'd ever seen Lyssa order a waffle before.

"Hershey's pancake please," Maeko chirped.

"Can I have the Nutella and strawberries one, thanks," I offered a smile at the man.

I looked towards Azael, waiting for his order but when he didn't reply I ordered for him,"Make that two,"

"No problem, it will be out shortly," the old man finished writing down the order and strolled back behind the sealed door.

I watched as Devons face turned slightly serious and he leaned down to quietly grumble something in Azaels ear, Azael nodded his head in response.

I quietly talked to Maeko as we awaited our order.

*****

"You are a very, very weird person Maeko," I laughed, as he dramatically chugged down his water after trying some of my Nutella pancake.

"Nuts and chocolate just doesn't work!" He replied in a defensive tone.

I turned more towards him,"I'm pretty sure half the world would agree with me. It works."

He shook his head and I simply chuckled again.

Azael's mood had lightened significantly which overall eased the tension in the group.

I had no idea what could of caused him to act so... isolated.

"You know what? Nuria," Maeko said, I watched as he picked up a strawberry and dragged it through a pile of Nutella,"If it's so good, have some more." A mischievous grin climbed up his face as he chucked the Nutella covered strawberry at me.

I narrowly missed it by turning my head but my mouth formed and 'o' shape as I slowly stood up.

I shook my head,"Oh, Maeko, you should not of done that."

Fear, true, mischievous fear, spread across his face as I drowned another strawberry in Nutella and threw it at him.

"Nuria!" Lyssa squealed, I turned around to see her hand in front of her face and a droplet of chocolate on her cheek that must of splattered.

"Did you just dirty up my girlfriend?" Devon asked with a grin.

"I'm sure you do plenty of that yourself." I grinned back.

For the first time that day I heard Azael chuckle beside him as he watched us bicker.

Soon enough pancakes and chocolate, waffles and strawberries and our drinks were being thrown at each other in a very very public restaurant.

A waitress had somehow gotten to the table at some point and tried telling us to stop but we didn't listen. War had raged.

I accidentally slapped Azael with a pancake.

He looked up at me and a smirk appeared on his face as he at last stood up—the last of us to do so—

And lunged for me.

*****

We had been kicked out after that.

With smiles on our faces, we walked out, covered in food.

"Hey, Lyss?" Devon asked as he smiled at her.

"Yes..." She replied back suspiciously.

Unsurprisingly, Lyssa had ended up not as bad as the rest of us. Her bronze skin pampered with powdered sugar in only some places on her arms.

"Give me a hug."

He started to walk towards her as she took a step back.

"Devon don't touch me!" She warned, as he began getting closer and she backed away further. Soon enough, he was chasing her around, attempting to grab her and smother her in the food.

"None of you are sitting in my car." Azael stated after awhile as we heard faint shouting, screams and laughter from behind us.

"How are we going to get home then?" I questioned, as we continued walking to the parking lot, to a car that we apparently weren't allowed to use.

"You can walk." He shrugged, a hint of a smile still playing on his lips.

"Seriously?"

It was about a 2 hour walk from Pancake Palace to my home.

"Problem, Daeva?"

"Are you going to cause a problem, Azael?"

"Gu-"

"Shut up." Me and Azael both said at the same time to Maeko.

"I told you to stop doing that," I warned Azael.

He chuckled which made me slide my hand into my jacket pocket to reach a strawberry that must of fell in there from the fight and threw at directly at his face.

*****

Okay so I know this chapter may not be as well written but I'm kind of half asleep so I'm sorry about that

Also Nurias Instagram is Nuria_Daeva

Next chapter is out on Monday 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 18.1K 64
Her name is Misery, and she does NOT want company. *** It's not every day sixteen-year-old Mise...
17.7K 470 51
Rina a foreigner comes to America to study, what happens when she meets new friends, and enemies and most of all a new lover. Join her in her adventu...
4.4M 100K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...
5.5M 166K 32
They had it all. The cars, money, girls, the houses. But the one thing money can't buy them, they can't get. Happiness. Here's the prestigious Gold...