Ace Attorney(Alternate Canon)

By YoungHopeProductions

(I DON'T OWN ACE ATTORNEY, that's Capcom's property. If I did, Klapollo and Wrightworth would be canon, and t... More

Turnabout Apollo & Klavier Part 1
Turnabout Phoenix and Miles Part 2
Turnabout Apollo and Klavier Part 2
Turnabout Memories
Turnabout Thinker

Turnabout Phoenix & Miles Part 1

137 1 0
By YoungHopeProductions

(Bold are thoughts)

((Dont worry guys, I'll still continue my other stories. But there are some times where I have inspiration for one story and can write a lot of chapters or fewer, but longer chapters for one story, but then I burn out on that story and have another one. But it doesn't mean the My Hero Academia or the pokemon stories are cancelled. Far from it. I figured since I had a lot of Ace Attorney in my head, I may as well make this. I hope you enjoy this and my other stories regardless.))

It's the funny thing about many families. Even if one of the members are the most disgusting creatures one has ever seen, heard, or experienced, the other members thinks he or she is wonderful.

Some families goes further. They become so blinded by love and admiration, they learn to see that person has qualities of genius, even if they really aren't.

Well, there isnt really anything wrong with that. It's the way of the world.

Well, not all families are like that, and even these families are normal. It's the way of the world.

But there are parents that do recognize their children are actually prodigies. Such as Gregory Edgeworth recognizing his young and only son Miles does indeed have these traits.

There are also boys and girls has these traits, however, his parents aren't as kind or honorable as Gregory Edgeworth and don't see these traits.

Phoenix Wright is such a boy that has these traits and such parents. Well, mother and step father.

His biological father had left Phoenix and his mother Mabel when he was only a baby.

Mabel Wright had married Manfred Von Karma when Phoenix was only a year and a half and they had a daughter together ten months after being married.

Now, Phoenix, even to this day, can't talk. He's also very timid, but that didn't stop him from being an extraordinary and brilliant child.

However, his mother and step father were so wrapped up in their lives, that they barely noticed anything odd about Phoenix. Except that he can't talk.

When he was under a year old, about nine to ten months, he had somehow taught himself how to read and right, having studied the dictionaries, cookbooks, newspapers, and magazines in the house.

Phoenix had soon read all of these from cover to cover and learned every recipe and word by heart.

He had seen his step father keep books on law, so whenever he and his mother weren't home, he would read them, incredibly fascinated with law.

His stepfather was a prosecutor, and has never lost a case in over fifteen years. But that didnt mean he was an honest person. But we'll get to him another time.

Now Mabel, Phoenix's mother, was a very interesting being. You see, she and Phoenix were born in a little village near the city they're currently living in called Kurain Village.

You see, many of the women and girls of Kurain Village have a special gift. They can channel spirits. By that, they can let spirits possess their bodies.

And Mabel was a gifted spirit medium. Emphasis on was. She can't channel spirits anymore if her life depended on it. And it happened around the time she had gotten pregnant with Phoenix.

When he was born, Mabel was disgusted. How dare he make it where I cant channel spirits anymore?! Were the only thoughts she had. Not Oh, what a beautiful baby boy I have! Or This is quite the surprise. But I'm happy anyway.

Mabel was even more disgusted by the part that Phoenix had many powers. Now, he cant channel spirits, but the sheer quantity and quality of his powers more than makes up for it.

You see, he has a long list of abilities, which is increadibly rare for baby boys of spirit medium mothers, or mothers in general in the case of Miles Edgeworth.

Oh yes. Miles and Phoenix have the same powers. They can use telekinesis, teleportation, read minds, electrokinesis, pyrokinesis, hydrokinesis, cryokinesis, talk to spirits, and are clairvoyant.

They possibly may have even more. They can even tell if anyone is lying, with or without their powers.

Now, there is a center for people with these types of powers. They sell things that completely represses someone's powers like collars and belts.

Manfred had gotten those for Phoenix, so he couldn't fight back during the "punishments".

Phoenix didnt object and decided to always wear it outside the home so if someone tried to play a game with him, he couldn't use his powers to cheat.

Now, about Phoenix's half sister, Diane, she is also a rather extraordinary girl and was decent to Phoenix.

Though, she wasnt as extraordinary as Phoenix, though at three years old, she learned to read and would often read with Phoenix, though she isnt at the level of reading things like Dickens and Hemingway like Phoenix.

It definitely didnt mean she wasnt advanced. She's at a sixth grade reading level by now.

Manfred was very proud of Diane and often tutored her on middle and even high school things. Though she isnt as fast of a learner as Phoenix.

Yes, Manfred did push Diane to be perfect, but he still cared for her. Definitely more so than he did Phoenix.

Her parents were loving and doting to her, but it didnt mean she acted like a spoiled brat.

Phoenix loves his sister very much and tries to be there for her and teach her things like reading, writing, and drawing.

((I had seen the wiki for the von Karma family and it states Franziska has an older sister. This is a compromise since her identity is unknown.))

Now, the Edgeworth family were very shocked, which is normal of your son can move things with his mind or can teleport, but they didn't bully or ridicule him like Mabel does to Phoenix.

Mabel had blamed Phoenix for the fact she cant channel spirits anymore and Phoenix believed her, feeling guilty.

They had moved away when Phoenix was only a month old, but they still visited once in a while, though Phoenix spent most of his time reading books he borrowed from the library. Not that Mabel cared.

But let's go to a happier part. The present day! This is Phoenix's first day of kindergarten in a new school too.

Phoenix was very timid and nervous and was worrying about doing something wrong and so many voices in his head keep saying that he'll mess up everything, but he kept these emotions in to not embarrass his mother and step father.

Now Phoenix was wearing a blue turtleneck and baggy pants. The turtleneck covered his power repressing collar.

Miles was wearing a red dress shirt with a grey bowtie and khakis. The bowtie hid a power repressing collar as well.

Phoenix goes and sits in the back, infront of him were two boys, Miles Edgeworth, and a rather rugged, spiky hair boy named Larry Butz. Yes, that's his last name people. I didnt come up with it.

Now, Larry was no where near as smart or polite as his friend Miles, but it didnt mean he didnt have a good heart. He's actually very rambunctious and kind to the class.

He's the class clown and is proud to have that title, because, well, people like jokes.

Anyways, let's get on with what happens next.

The teacher walks in and writes down math problems, 1 + 1, 2 + 2, etc.

"Alright class, who can tell me what one plus one is?" The teacher asked, to which a girl with long brown hair raises her hand and answers "Two!"

"Very good Lana. One plus one is indeed two." The teacher said.
The teacher kept quizzing the class on basic addition, except Miles and Phoenix.

However, Miles is actually doing a different course of learning, but due to the principal being a skeptic, hasn't seen Miles' brain power, thus, Miles is still in the bottom grade.

But the teacher didnt find Phoenix not paying attention excusable.
She looked at Phoenix, who was reading a book, "Great Expectations", by Charles Dickens.

The teacher was surprised, but did have an idea.
"Phoenix. Come up to the chalkboard and answer this question." She asked as she writes down 875 × 349,987.

Phoenix obediently went to the board and wrote 306,238,625.
The class looked at Phoenix weird, but the teacher punched in the equation in her calculator.

Phoenix was correct.
Phoenix continues to right the square root of said number, which was 17,499.674996982, which was also correct.

"Holy moly! He's as smart as you Edgy!" Larry exclaimed. Miles was equally surprised, but not jealous. Far from it. He was ecstatic that he found someone who potentially has the same IQ as him.

The teacher then quizzed him on other things.

"When was the start and fall of the Roman empire?"

27 BC to 467 AD.

"What is the scientific name for a tiger?"

Panthera tigris.

"How high is Mount Everest?"

29,029 feet above sea level.

"What happened to the city of Pompeii?"

An eruption at Mount Vesuvius has destroyed it in March 1944.

"What's the heart rate of a mouse?"

It beats at 650 times a minute.

"Why is the sky blue?"

Gases and particles in Earth's atmosphere scatter sunlight in all directions. Blue light is scattered more than other colors because it travels as shorter, smaller waves.

Phoenix had written all of the correct answers on the chalkboard, leaving everyone else stunned.

"I..I'll be right back class." She then walked off, looking as if she saw a ghost.

The class had similar looks, still staring at Phoenix, who was still timid, going back to his seat.

It didnt take long for the teacher to come back, along with the principal.

"Miles, Phoenix, can you come with us?"

The boys were puzzled, but they went to the two adults, going into a large room with a large table, along with papers, pencils, and other supplies usually used for school purposes.

"Now, your teacher tells me you two are supposed to be clever. Me and her will be watching you answer the questions on these pieces of paper. You have until it's time to go home. Take your time."

Now, these papers had many subjects, about thirty questions in each subject.
All from middle school and high school levels, even some college level, but that was more rare.

The two boys answered them all within an hour and a half, all of their answers correct.

Now, that made the principal's eyes pop.
The teacher looked at her superior with the "I told you so" look.

The principal walks off, most likely back to his office. The boys were escorted to the main office.

After a few minutes, Gregory Edgeworth came into the office.

"Um, I had recieved a phone call about my son Miles. What happened?
The teacher approached Mr Edgeworth with the two boys.

"Ah, Mr Edgeworth, glad to see you. You see-" The teacher was cutoff by Manfred and Mabel walking in, Diane following behind, not looking very pleased.

"Phoenix Wright, what the hell did you do this time?!" Mabel wasn't very happy, assuming Phoenix had gotten into trouble.

Manfred went to the teacher and harshly yanked Phoenix behind him.
"Mrs Nown, I deeply apologize if he had gotten into trouble. What did he do?"

He then pushes Phoenix to the door and says "You, go to the car, right now! Beat it!"

Phoenix went to go out the door, but the teacher, Mrs Nown, stopped him.

"Mr Von Karma, your son-"

"Step. Son."

"Er..right. your stepson hasn't done anything wrong. The principal and I actually have very good news about him and Miles over there. Very startling news in fact."

Mabel had simply rolled her eyes and said in a rather sarcastic tone "Oh how I'm so curious about this news."

They all went into the principal's office and sat down.

"Mr Edgeworth and Mr and Mrs Von Karma. I apologize if this is an inconvenient time. But we have found that your sons, you most likely know this, but they have brilliant minds." The principal says, to which Gregory smiles and says "Ah, you had finally seen my son's gifts?"

The principal nodded and said "I apologize for not checking it sooner."

Mabel scoffed and said "Phoenix? With a brilliant mind? Yeah right."

Everyone stares at her.
"Let me explain Mrs Von Karma. You see, his mathematical skills are simply extraordinary. He reads material not usually seen until the last year of high school or even in our years of college."

Manfred sighed and said "You actually fall for the fact he cam read at that high of a level? He most likely cheated. He's a little delinquent."

The principal and teacher were shocked.
But while all of this was happening, Phoenkx was with Diane, helping her read a book on ninth grade mathematics and making some of the key strategies simple by writing little notes.

"Now, our daughter Diane, she is a true genius." Manfred said, having pride in his voice.

They then give a similar series of tests they had with Phoenix to Diane.
While she passed all of the elementary amd middle school level questions, she couldn't answer all of the high school and college level ones.

"Well, yes, I agree that Diane is very gifted, but you see, Phoenix was able to get all of the answers on all of these papers correct."

As the teacher explained this, Mabel scoffed once again and said "You dont know this, but my son is a freak with the ability to read minds. He's a cheater." Mabel had also mentioned his other powers.

The principal clears his throat and says "While I agree the fact there are some people with those types of powers, we haven't seen any indication that Phoenix or Miles has those."

Gregory pipes in with "Miles does have the same abilities as Phoenix actually. But he is wearing something to make sure he cant use them until it's off. So he cant cheat on purpose or accident."

Phoenix had revealed the collar Gregory had mentioned. Showing he indeed has the same abilities.

They checked with how long the devices were on and it showed they were on the entire day, before they had entered the building thanks to a nifty log in device.

"Well, we can see this is plenty of evidence that Miles and Phoenix have fantastic academic skills, with of without their powers." Mrs Nown has said.

Miles and Phoenix were very surprised to learn that the other has the same powers as them.

Gregory then says "Um, children, how about you go somewhere outside and let us talk and see what happens from here."

That's exactly what they did, heading to one of the empty rooms to read.

Miles broke the silence with "Phoenix, how come you didn't speak?"

Phoenix writes down on how he cant talk and that a few weeks ago, he was diagnosed with autism, to be more specific, asperger's.

Miles decided that he'd help Phoenix learn to talk. It was perfect. He had found an intellectual that was his age and said intellectual having the same taste in literature.

It didnt take long for the grown ups to come in. The principal speaks.

"Diane, you will start to attend here tomorrow in the gifted program, as well Miles and Phoenix. We look forward to helping your gifts mature and blossom."

Diane smiled widely, Phoenix having a much smaller smile, but he then sees his parents reactions.

They were happy for Diane, but not so happy with Phoenix.
They all head outside, since it was dismissal.

"I need to continue with my case." Manfred said, Mabel then saying "Diane and I need to attend our mother and child bingo tournament."

Manfred glares at Phoenix and says "You need to be home. The housekeeper is at the doctors."

Gregory chimed in with "Manfred, if you wish, Phoenix can stay with me until you and your wife are done with your plans."

The couple looked at each other and Manfred sighed.
"Very well. Phoenix, if I find you had been misbehaving, there will be serious consequences."

Phoenix nodded a bit, Larry running over.
"Hey Edgy! Ready for our sleepover?"

Miles sighs, having forgotten about Larry coming over for similar reasons to Phoenix's parents not staying.

Gregory smiled and says "I don't mind both Larry and Phoenix staying over Miles, dont worry."

Miles smiled a little and nodded, holding Phoenix's hand.

They all went to the Edgeworth estate, which was a very large mansion and had many luxuries like some pools, a picnic area, and many other things.

But Miles' favorite had to be their personal library. Phoenix's eyes sparkled when he heard they had a library.

Miles escorted Phoenix to the library and the two went on, devouring one book to the next, bonding even more, from the rest in the day, and deep in the night.

End of Chapter One.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142 0 18
They met in the oddest of circumstances: She had accidentally thrown a cop on him after suddenly being restrained while investigating a supernatural...
1.1K 55 25
No smut . Lots of fluff. One mention of suicide and repeated struggle with mental health so keep that in mind whilst reading. Spoilers for the ace at...
21.5K 368 36
WARNING: THIS BOOK MAY CONTAIN ABUSE (MENTAL, PHYSICAL, AND SEXUAL), MURDER, PSYCHOTIC SCENES, SELF-HARM, SEXUAL SCENES, CURSING, ALCOHOLIC USE, DRUG...
53.4K 887 149
This is Volume 3 of my Ace Attorney one shots! If you haven't, please check out my other two volumes! **They are a bit cringy, so beware!** Anyways...