How to Chase a Royalty. [j.jk...

By _GYMIN

"๐‘Šโ„Ž๐‘œ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘‘'๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘”โ„Ž๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘Ž ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ค๐‘™๐‘ฆ ๐‘”๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘‘-๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ-๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘œ๐‘™ ๐‘ค๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘‘ ๏ฟฝ... More

How to Chase a Royalty.
1.
2.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
Epilogue
Extra 1

3.

525 36 12
By _GYMIN

_______________________

A Good Day to Serve.

Taehyung was hurled head-first into the prison cell. His mouth tasted dirt and straw-grass as he made contact with the ground.

The guards locked the door behind and left.

"Take me back to the King! I'll give him a piece of my mind!" Taehyung demanded banging the door of his cell.

A voice said. "Welcome."

Taehyung turned around. Holy shit! He wasn't alone. There was someone else - a man sitting idly in the corner, staring at him as he dug his nose. His cellmate for the day.

"Who are you?" Taehyung asked.

"My name is 2PM. Aah. Sorry. I meant Lee Junho. You?"

"Taehyung."

"Taehyung!" He smiled. "Come sit." The man took his finger out from his nose and wiped it on his clothes, then patted beside him. "I was so bored alone. Glad you're here to keep me company."

Taehyung took a seat beside him. With a heavy sigh, he informed, "Don't be so happy. I'm dying tomorrow."

"Messed with the King, huh?" He tsked. "What happened?"

"Aww, man. I accidentally helped the Princess escape...and also I said may have said some things to the King that I am not proud of."

Junho blinked, a bit startled by the honest confession. "Just what did you say exactly? It can't be that bad."

Taehyung smiled nervously. "I cursed."

Junho's eyes widened in shock, then he burst into laughter. The prisoner next door who had been eavesdropping in the conversation let out a chuckle as well.

"Oh boy! You're dead-meat" Junho said in an obvious tone.

The person next door commented, "Ha! This is going to be fun! I'm Taecyeon, by the way."

"Wow. Really? You are gonna laugh at my pain?" Taehyung said annoyed.

"I'm sorry!" Junho wiped away tears of laughter. "No one has ever dared to do such a thing."

"I am glad I made your day." Taehyung said sarcastically.

"I will pray for you, kid."

"Eh." Taehyung shrugged, trying to play it cool. "What's done is done." Leaning back against the cold stone wall, he asked, "What are you in for anyways?"

"Public urination."

Now, it was Taehyung laughing.

"I can't hold it in no matter how much I try. It's a medical condition!"

Taehyung understood.

"Aren't you gonna ask me how I got here?" Taecyeon asked.

"How did you get here?" Taehyung asked. He was expecting a nonsensical answer; one that would be comical. He was wrong.

Taecyeon giggled. "Nothing much. The usual. Murder."

Taehyung and Junho exchanged 'WTF' looks.

"I killed for a donkey I loved. Now, I'm stuck here." Taecyeon continued in a causal tone. "My ex-wife took the donkey though. Damn her!"

"You killed for a donkey?"

"Yup." The man showed no remorse. "In my defense, I had warned that guy. I said, 'No touching the donkey!' He said, 'What'chu gonna do? Kill me.'" Taecyeon laughed maniacally. "Look who's in the ground, Chansung!" Then, he shrugged. "Meh. People kill from time to time, you know."

People? Which people?

"I see." Taehyung scooted away from the wall. How come this person gets to live and I have to die?

Oh. What am I going to do tomorrow? I regret saying those things; even though he deserved it. Life isn't fair at all.

As time passed, Taehyung and Junho conversed about their life. They didn't include their neighbor in their talk but they were aware of him listening. The murderer only giggled occasionally. Taehyung forgot for a moment that he was dying tomorrow. Isn't laughter is the best medicine.
But as the day started getting darker, fear being fear came back to haunt him. It filled him completely.

Mom. Dad. I miss you.

That night, for the first time, he felt alone.

***

Morning came, and sunlight seeped in through the gaps of the door and windows. Taehyung was shaken awake by two guards.

"Wake up, idiot." One of them said.

"Rise and shine." Another said. "Ready for your punishment?"

Taehyung held back the urge to spit at the soldier's face. Instead, he forced a smile. "I'm ready." He stood up on his feet. The gaurds took their position on either side of him.

"Let's go." The guard said.

"I prayed for you." Junho assured.

"Thank you."

Taehyung walked out the prison, and as soon as he did, two eunuchs joined him. "Come with us." One of them said. And, they started leading him away from the palace.

"What's going on? Are we not going to the palace?" Taehyung questioned.

"The King wants you to look proper, so he ordered a bath for you." The eunuch answered.

Taehyung scowled. "So, he wants to die neatly. My blood will be everywhere so what's the use in taking a bath."

"His Majesty said you smelled."

"He what!? That fucking -"

"Ugh. Just do whatever the King wants." One of the soldier said sounding really annoyed. "Besides, you look ridiculous in that outfit."

True. He did look like a clown.

So, off to the bath-house it was. The two eunuchs took off their outer robe and got ready to give Taehyung a bath like they were ordered to do so.

"There is no way I am getting naked in front of you! No way am I letting you touch me!" Taehyung said firmly.

"But the King -"

"I don't care what the King said. No means no."

So what if they were servants of the King. Privacy meant privacy. That is why, Taehyung insisted to be left alone to bathe without any help.

The servants finally gave in. One of them handed him a pair of new clothes to wear.

Queaky clean and dressed in new clothes that fit him perfectly, Taehyung smiled happily. But, that smile disappeared as soon as the guard said, "Great! Now let's go meet the King."

***

Once again Taehyung was back in the palace, and back in the room, in the presence of the savage King Jungkook who was seated cross-legged. The Captain stood beside him, glaring at Taehyung with an evil smirk.

The King examined him from top to bottom. Having the King's dark eyes on him made Taehyung feel vulnerable. It felt like the hero was slowly undressing him with only his gaze.

He felt exposed. Embarrassed.

"You look...nice." Jungkook said in his deep voice. His protagonist halo glowing brightly.

Taehyung's heart raced.

"Yeah...um...whatever." Taehyung tried to avoid making eye-contact by glancing down at his feet. Why was he acting so shy?

"Anything you'd like to say to me?"

Taehyung shook his head as a no.

"How about an apology?"

That irked Taehyung. "You want me to apologize for dying? No!" As much as he wanted to cry, he held back his tears. He did not want to give the King the pleasure of watching him cry.

"Kim Taehyung, you -!" Namjoon took a menacing step forward. But, his King stopped him with a raise of his hand.

"You know what." Taehyung spoke up. "I don't want to die. But if you want to kill me, go ahead. If killing me will make you a better hero then so be it."

"Taehyung..." Jungkook called.

It almost sounded like a soft whisper. A shiver ran down Taehyung's spine. Hearing his name being called made him feel good in a weird way. He became nervous. Self consious.

What the fuck? Taehyung thought to himself. What kind of strange feeling is this?

He quickly snapped to his senses. "You listen to me." Taehyung interrupted quickly. "Get ready for sleepless nights. My spirit will come to torture you. I'll destroy you!"

The next words Jungkook said were, "I have chosen to spare your life."

"Huh?" was all Taehyung could say for he was startled. "You're letting me go?" He wanted to make sure what he had just heard was right or not.

The King nodded.

"OH MY GOD!" Taehyung screamed, beaming with joy. Relieved that his head would still be attached to his neck. "Bless the Heavens!"

Namjoon smiled bitterly.

Taehyung who was on cloud nine was still celebrating. "Aiyah! I love you!" He said to the King. "You're the best hero! I'm sorry for hating you!"

He rushed to take Jungkook in his arms. The King eyes widened in surprise. A tinge of pink appeared on his cheeks. A smile nearly escaped his lips.

But before any physical contact could occur, Namjoon quickly intervened. "Nope!" He stretched out his hand and pushed Taehyung further back.

The King cleared his throat. "I have more to say." Somehow, he appeared disappointed.

"I'm all ears." Taehyung grinned.

"Just because I'm not killing you does not mean I'm letting you go. You will stay here in the palace."

"Stay here? What, as a pet?" Taehyung joked.

"No. As a servant."

"I...don't understand."

"You will be doing the chores and such."

"What, become an eunuch? I'm not getting castrated!" He reached down to cover his privates.

"No. Consider this as compensation for what you have done."

"You want me to cook food and wash your clothes, you son of a -?!" is what Taehyung wanted to say, but keeping his mouth under extreme control, he said, "Yes...ok."

At least he's not dying.

And who knows, he just might make an escape plan and get the fuck out of this place.

"Good. If you had said no...well, there's no other option for you than this." Jungkook murmured.

Taehyung rolled his eyes at him.

"Eunuch Jung?" Jungkook called.

The door slid open, and a tall eunuch with big eyes quickly rushed into the room. "Yes, Your Majesty?"

"Go with him." Jungkook gestured to Taehyung.

The eunuch turned to Taehyung and smiled. "Come with me."

"Sure."

He felt the King watching him as he left the room.

***

The duo were now outside in the bright sun as the eunuch led Taehyung to his workplace.

"I am Jung Hoseok." The happy eunuch introduced himself with a sweet smile. Jung Hoseok had such a bright personality that it made Taehyung go smiles and giddy.

"I'm Kim Taehyung."

"I know."

"You've heard of me?"

"Everyone has heard of you." Hoseok said firmly. He gestured Taehyung to take a look around which he did. All the servants were staring at him and whispering among themselves.

"What are they talking about?" Taehyung asked.

"They're talking about why His Majesty hasn't killed you yet. His Majesty does not think twice when it comes to killing someone."

Taehyung nodded.

"Why didn't he kill you?" Hoseok wondered.

"I have no idea."

Even Taehyung didn't know why the King had decided to spare his life. 'A compensation.' The King had said. Maybe there was something more in context. Maybe his luck shined through. Or maybe the King is plotting on killing him in the most goresome way possible.

Taehyung shuddered.

"You'll be working here." Hoseok said.

They had arrived at the kitchen area larger than Taehyung's house. In the courtyard, there were servants working and talking - some were drying out spices in the sun, some cutting vegetables, and some cleaning up the mess.

A tall man stepped out the kitchen and into the yard. A tiny 'Woah~' slipped out of Taehyung's mouth when he saw this person. This character was the most handsome by far.

"Woah, indeed." Hoseok agreed.

Kim Seokjin.
Royal Chef.
Worldwide Handsome.

The Royal Chef who had been lecturing some servant to do his duties well, turned to look at them. He started towards them with a smile.

"Hoseok, how are you?" Seokjing asked.

"Fine, Chef. You?"

"I'm great!" Seokjin said. He turned his gaze on Taehyung who felt blood rush to his cheeks. "Who is this?"

"Oh, right." Hoseok said quickly. "I brought you a helper. This is Kim Taehyung."

"Kim Taehyung." Seokjin repeated. "Do you know how to cook?"

Taehyung who was still staring at this fine specimen, when asked a question suddenly, went, "I...um...I...um...huh?"

Hoseok felt embarrassed for his flustered friend. He said, "Haha. Please, excuse him. He loses his senses around pretty faces."

Seokjin laughed, a bit proudly.

"My work here is done." Hoseok turned to look at his new-found friend. "You're in safe hands. Good luck." He turned on his heel and left.

"Taehyung, come with me. There's a lot of work to do." Seokjin said.

"I...um...okay."

They went into the kitchen where the real cooking was happening. He could smell the fragrance of delicious fried spring onion and tofu.

Seokjin explained him his work - dish washing. "A simple work for today." He had said. "Scrub it clean. If I spot any grease -"

"Then what?" Taehyung asked jokingly.

"You do not want to know." He glared.

Taehyung gulped. He could see the seriousness in Seokjin's eyes. "But, I...am human. People make mistakes."

"Not in my kitchen." Seokjin demanded. "Now, get to it."

Taehyung blinked. He was apalled. Boy, this pretty man was even scarier than the King. Kim Seokjin left to go nag the other servants, leaving Taehyung with the dish-washing team.

"New here?" One of them asked.

"Correct."

"Here." Another said, handing him the dirty dishes.

"And the rubber gloves?" Taehyung asked with his hands stretched out for the object mentioned.

"What are those?"

"To wear - wait a minute, ohh." He realized then, that there was no such things in this era.

After spending an hour - what felt like an eternity to Taehyung - grease elbowing the dishes with his bare hands, he felt bored. The neighborhood gossip did keep him excited for a moment but then he got sick of it too.

"I can't do this anymore." Taehyung complained. "I'm done."

"Then, do you want to go chop vegetables?" One of the group asked.

"No."

"How about frying them?"

"No. I don't want to work in the kitchen. I'm leaving." He washed his hands under clean water with soap and stood up.

"But, the Royal Chef -"

"I don't care!" He announced. Then, just when he took a step back, his foot got stuck in one of those clay pots. "Oh. Yah!" He tripped onto some other clay pots.

"Be careful!" Someone yelled.

SMASH! SMASH! SMASH!

Half of the clay pots had been broken. Shattered completely by Taehyung's clumsiness. People stared in shock. They gasped.

"I...I..." Taehyung hesitated, then smiled sheepishly. "This kind of stuff happen in the kitchen. Not a big deal."

He felt a murderous aura behind him.

It was Kim Seokjin glaring at him.

"Oh, shit." Taehyung gasped.

***

Author's Note:

Yay! Cameo from 2PM members Junho and Taecyeon and Chansung!

Love 2PM!

Vote and comment! Show your love for the story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

508K 31.5K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
893K 41.3K 175
๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
911K 34.8K 83
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
190K 6K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...