A Heart To Keep (A Michael Ja...

By _TheGlovedOne

๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต, ๐˜... More

DISCLAIMER
CHAPTER 1- Flustered
CHAPTER 2- The Jones'
CHAPTER 3- Sixth Sense
CHAPTER 4- Favor
CHAPTER 5- Electricity
CHAPTER 6- Ideas
CHAPTER 7- Confirmation
CHAPTER 8- Apple Pie
CHAPTER 9- Attack
CHAPTER 10- Note
CHAPTER 11- Lonely
CHAPTER 12- Check-up
CHAPTER 13- Plane Ride
CHAPTER 14- Spark
CHAPTER 15- Waiting
CHAPTER 16- Envy
CHAPTER 17- Distant
CHAPTER 18- Foreign Feeling
CHAPTER 19- Unrestricted
CHAPTER 20- Safety
CHAPTER 21- Stay
CHAPTER 22- Breakfast
CHAPTER 23- Invitation
CHAPTER 24- Gift
CHAPTER 25- Signals
CHAPTER 26- Confused
CHAPTER 27- Confession
CHAPTER 28- Ill-Fated
CHAPTER 29- Truth
CHAPTER 30- I Can't Make You
CHAPTER 31- Misunderstanding
CHAPTER 32- Girl Talk
CHAPTER 33- In the Dark
CHAPTER 34- Ethereal
CHAPTER 35- Spotlight
CHAPTER 36- Fear
CHAPTER 37- Bad Omen
CHAPTER 38- Suspicious
CHAPTER 39- Troubled
CHAPTER 41- Memory
CHAPTER 42- Anxious
CHAPTER 43- Revelation
CHAPTER 44- Shatter
CHAPTER 45- Time
CHAPTER 46- Danger
CHAPTER 47- Brink
CHAPTER 48- Letting Go
CHAPTER 49- Years
CHAPTER 50- Apart
FINAL CHAPTER- Again
Author's Note

CHAPTER 40- Unknown

1.1K 61 30
By _TheGlovedOne

MICHAEL

The series of trees from outside the window was the only distraction I could find in a chaotic car ride on the way to L.A. Frank was dictating the timetables of rehearsals and business meetings while his this phones are ringing unendingly. I shouldn't be surprised that my ears would be bleeding from the excessive ringing and talking by the time we get there.

The once splendid sky turned more obscure. The light outside dimmed and the surroundings were embellished with all sorts of incandescent illumination. It reached up until the very top which tells us that we're already here in the city. Tall buildings began to surround us that made me feel little. Quite the irony for me.

We halted at the hotel's back entrance, a frequent practice we do to get inside safely. As much as I love to interact with my fans, I have no energy and strength to spare them.

Everything that is in me was depleted once I left Hayvenhurst. We didn't exactly part ways on a good note earlier because I can sense her desolation from inches away. She has this attitude of putting a polished appearance, but she's just as fragile as a flower whenever I look deeply into her eyes. I understand her predicament and her reason for leaving, I just don't know if I can stay away from her for just a minute.

Now I have to regain everything to give my best in a span of two days. It's difficult to put on a smile when you already know that it's only a mask. It's not entirely easy now to be back in the zone after all that happened to Mia. Her safety greatly concerns me and it should now be my main priority. In the back of my head, I have the agenda to imprison her ex-boyfriend in every way I can. I'll do everything to keep him away from her.

The cold empty room greeted me as I opened it and instantly felt nostalgic. I've been used to being alone in hotel rooms that it already became a part of me. The excessive amount of extra spaces on the bed felt like I'm being swallowed whole by white blank space, with no end to be felt. So I chose to lounge on the sofa and turned on the television.

The news anchor was ecstatic to report about the concert happening in two days. They displayed a video of a crowd that is patiently waiting outside the hotel. I felt bad because they might get sick because of the cold. I made a mental note to tell Bill later to give them hot beverages if they end up staying the night downstairs.

I ended up turning the television off since nothing is interesting to watch. The silence was peaceful for a quick second when my thoughts spoke louder each passing minute.

All that is on my mind was Mia. The things that she went through and the things she's going through. I know what happened that night wasn't the only thing that's bothering her. I'm still not entirely sure if what Janet and I found out is true. I just hope that it will not be past the point where it is possible to mend her when she chooses to tell me.

My loud thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. Bill peeked through and asked if he could come in.

"I have news, Mike," he said as he held the manila folder up where I can see.

"Is it about the case?" I asked curiously. He hands me the folder and I skimmed through every single paper.

"Yes. These are the police reports and the transcripts from his interrogation. He admitted to everything, surprisingly. But..." he hesitated to finish his sentence.

"But what?" I looked up to him, letting him know that he needs to continue.

"It's just unusual for me that he admitted his crimes freely. He didn't hesitate or anything of that matter,"

"He confessed?"

"Yes, but I'm afraid that he's not alone," Bill continued as I read the transcript of the interview. He did actually confessed to his sins since Bill and Steven caught him in the act. He admitted being under the influence of alcohol that night and that urged him to do what he did.

Upon scanning the report, he repeatedly mentions not just the act that he did, but also the possible initials of his accomplice. He expresses that that individual requested that he do it.

"B.S? Is that the bad word? Is that what he's referring to?" I questioned

"I think not. I was there when he was questioned. He was staring at the table constantly but he's answering the questions honestly. He didn't mention any curse words, yet he whispered those initials to himself more than once," I thought hardly if anything would ring any bell but nothing came up immediately.

"The police said they'll investigate further since he named a possible accomplice. As of now, he's still in custody," he reported.

"Alright. Thank you, Bill. I appreciate you for doing this," I tapped his shoulders and he did it too.

"No problem, Joker. Anything for you and Amelia," he finally said. "I'll let you rest now, rehearsals are gonna start early tomorrow,"

"I bet I'll barely get any sleep tonight," I deeply sighed and sat on the couch.

"Do you need anything to help you sleep better?" I briefly thought about taking something that helped me sleep before but disregard it quickly.

"No Bill, I'm good. You go ahead and rest, it's been a long day," I said to him and he accepted with slight hesitation. He left the room and I was left wondering inside my cold hotel room. The room was dark and lights from outside were my only source to navigate around.

I wished for silence to come and it did. It was frightening but this is the lone way I could think straight. A slight relief washed over me thinking that her past lover will get the karma that he deserves. Still, there's still an unknown soul on the run, the person who could be the mind of this scheme.

I walked over to the wide windows and dashes of light peaked through. The light cast over to the manila folder I held before. The papers are fanned out and my curiosity raised even more now that I am determined to discover the identity of this person.

I picked up the transcript and scanned his statements again. The same replies, the same confessions, with the same initials. I don't know if Mia knows anyone who has the initials of B.S. Maybe I have to ask her when we see each other again.

I analyzed his statements once again and thought over our relationship for the past month. There haven't been any drastic changes aside from what Mia went through. Our relationship has been steady since the media is not involved. The world doesn't realize our relationship even exists except my family and her close friends.

Other than

By the way, how's Mia? I heard she got in a fight with her ex-boyfriend.

I uh- uhm- Janet told me! Yes! Janet told me

Why would I do that? It's not like we're close. And she has no business knowing what happened

If the person who I think did this is the one who's behind this, and if by any means that I'm right, forgiveness will never come.

---

AMELIA

- a few days later-

I felt terrible letting Michael leave with an unresolved tension between us. He's deep in his headspace and I'm trying to sort out mine too. It's difficult for me to voice out what is circling in my mind when he's also got his own dilemma to deal with.

So I left Hayvenhurst with worry packed in my suitcase. Katherine and Janet were very supportive of my departure and asked me to come back whenever I'm ready. Because of their heartfelt sincerity, I decided to leave some of my belongings there to let them know that I'm still coming back.

The only place I'm dreading to return to was my apartment. I have never felt fear the way I felt when I came back with Michael to gather some of my belongings and personal items. It's also hard to leave the piano he gifted me behind. Which reminded me to look for another place to live when my vacation here in Seattle is up.

This trip has been nothing but stress-free. The peaceful mornings and then fruitful few evenings have been a great recharge for my soul. Dr. Garner would be happy to know that I'm actually taking her advice this time. Having a tranquil environment worked wonders for my conditions. I still get chest pains and shortness of breath occasionally but it is nothing serious.

It was painful to see my mother's fragility and helplessness, but her smile said it all. She was happy that I came home and she's always excited to pay attention to my stories about the city. I have yet to mention Michael's name to her but she knew damn well that I have a boyfriend. Auntie Mary can't put a break in her mouth.

It's no surprise that it's raining cats and dogs again. The sun is quickly setting however the skies are darker than when they appeared earlier in the day. I work on the fireplace and pushed my mother's wheelchair close to it to keep her warm.

I grabbed a knitted blanket and a few throw pillows and place them on the carpeted floor. I plopped myself on the floor and positioned myself to also get some heat.

Lunch was already done and we decided to lounge for a bit before my mother gets her usual afternoon nap.

"You haven't told me everything about your boyfriend," she spoke as she side-eyes me. I can see her smirking but she's trying her best to paint a straight face.

"Auntie Mary told you huh?" I crisscrossed my legs and faced her.

"She told me something but I know she left out a couple of things," she smiled but she coughed while trying to catch oxygen.

"Mom, are you okay? Do you need your oxygen?" I stood up quickly and I saw her nodding. I quickly ran to her bedroom and retrieved her small tank of oxygen with the mask and I immediately put it on her face.

"Why don't you rest now? I can tell you the story when you feel better," I said and grabbed the handle of her wheelchair but she stopped me.

"I can manage, darling. I want to hear you tell stories," she weakly replied.

"Are you sure?" and her head nodded yes. I sat down where I was before and prepared myself to tell her our story.

"You might already know that I have someone know," that first sentence got my mom smiling from ear to ear. "I started liking this man months back but it's just a month ago when he also confessed,"

"Looking back, our relationship was not that complicated. We just burdened ourselves because we're afraid to say our feelings for each other. Some got mad, but most of them are happy for us,"

"Who got mad?" my mom questions.

"His best friend. Turns out she also liked him but when she knew that he liked someone else, it was too late," I lightly sighed.

"The media doesn't know that he's in a relationship. We tried to distance ourselves and played it cool whenever we're seen outside," I shut my mouth before I could say anything else. I forgot that I'm not talking to Jaz. I'm still not used to telling these stories since only a few of them know about our relationship.

"The media? Why would the media be involved?" her eyes slightly widened. She paused and stared at the wall as if she was trying to recall something.

"I knew I've seen you on television," she said and I was taken aback.

"You've seen me on tv?" I asked and my heart slightly raced.

"You're the woman who tripped at the airport right?" she said and my face got heated in seconds. I just nodded because of the embarrassment.

"So you're with..." I covered my face with both of my hands as if it's gonna help with anything. I peeked at my mom who's cheekily smirking at me. At the same time, butterflies erupted inside my stomach as I relive that day. Michael helping me by acting as my support so I could walk; maybe that's one of the things that made me fall.

"How did you two meet?" she curiously asked and propped herself up, as if she's not feeling any pain.

"He's actually my client," I shyly said. "The whole thing was supposed to be confidential because his lawyer insisted to,"

"It's not so confidential now is it?" she said.

"Well, it's sorta is. The media doesn't know who I am or my affiliation with him. They just regarded me as another 'injured' fan whom he politely helped," I replied. It made me sad that we have to keep this relationship a secret but I cannot risk my personal life being out and about in the public. Maybe it might be for the best if we continue this in private.

"It's good to know that you're not being targeted by those snarly press," she said as she inhales deeply.

"I do too, mom," I stood up and pick-up the throw pillows on the ground, and put them back on the sofa.

"I'm gonna make some dinner now mom. Auntie Mary said she'll come over with her lovely pie," the thought of that dessert alone brings back sweet memories.

"Okay, dear. But I have a question," she said and I turn around to face her.

"What is it, mom?"

"When will I meet him?" she questions.

"I don't know yet mom. He's a very busy man," I told her.

"Well, I'd like to meet the man who took care of my daughter's heart soon, okay?"

"I'll talk to him about it," I approached her and kissed her forehead. "You gonna be okay here?"

"Of course, darling. Do me a favor and put on some music please," I walked over to our record credenza and pulled out a Bee Gee's Spirits Having Flown vinyl and put it on the turntable. Too Much Heaven played since I skipped a couple of grooves.

"I'll be at the kitchen fixing dinner okay?" I said and she rested her head on the headrest, immersing herself in good music.

I went to the kitchen to cook us dinner. Pasta is all I can really cook so I looked for any pasta laying around the cupboards. Thankfully, there are enough ingredients for me to make chicken alfredo so I prepared everything that is needed and started working.

As I was in the zone of preparing our meals, Auntie Mary entered the kitchen carrying her peach pie. 

"Hey there, Mia," she said and settled her pie and went over to kiss my cheek.

"Hey Auntie Mary," I greeted and looked over to her dessert, "That pie looks tasty. I can't wait to dig into it," 

"Why thank you. What are you cooking," she asked and peers over my shoulder.

"Pasta, since that's all I know how to cook," I chuckled and went back on chopping the cooked chicken.

"It looks great honey. Make sure to prepare an extra plate, we have a guest," she said as she gets the plates and cutlery.

"Who?" I asked but my eyes never left the sharp knife slicing through the meat.

"You'll see. I'll set up the table now, you continue cooking," she said and disappeared out to the dining area.

I didn't pay much attention and just continued cooking. Good thing the serving I cooked is fit for two more people. I only eat a little since I get full immediately so I think there is still enough food.

The faint playing of the record can still be heard from the kitchen and I slightly bop my head to the rhythms filling the room. I took out a serving dish to place the pasta in and silently thank the heavens that I didn't burn the kitchen. This is just one of the lucky times that I'm actually fortunate for the littlest talent that I have when it comes to cooking. 

I heard Auntie Mary's laugh together with a familiar voice from afar. I continue to transfer the pasta to the serving dish when a voice spoke out of nowhere, almost making me drop the pan I'm holding.

"I'm actually hurt that you're playing a Bee Gees vinyl instead of mine,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 5.3K 86
โœ”๏ธCOMPLETEDโœ”๏ธ MJFA 2019 WINNER 2018 FINALIST #wattys2019 |#1 in MJFanfiction| |#1 in Moonwalker| |#1 in MichaelJackson| ^^ Highest Ranks^^ This isn't...
5.8K 227 15
This is a story of how one best selling novelist gets the surprise of her life... How could she be so lucky?? The guy well you won't believe, because...
301K 10.8K 105
โญWinner of Best Romance in the MJFA'S 2020โญ โญ๏ธWon the Triumphant award in the MJFA'S 2022โญ๏ธ โš ๏ธ Copyright ยฉ 2019 by IntenseArt. This is an original st...
298K 6.6K 27
This short story takes place in Michael's Bad Era, right after Michael had finished The Way You Make Me Feel music video with Tatiana. You are Michae...