Revelations

By XCHICKADEEX

When Seventeen-year-old Gracie Carteri moved to Oxford... she felt destined to be alone. That was until she m... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Twenty nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue
Book Two.
Ch 1 Betrayal.
Ch 2 Betrayal.
Ch 3 Betrayal.
Ch 4 Betrayal.
Ch 5 Betrayal.
Ch 6 Betrayal.
Ch 7 Betrayal.
Ch 8 Betrayal.
Ch 9 Betrayal.
Ch 10 Betrayal.
Ch 11 Betrayal.
Ch 12 Betrayal.
Ch 13 Betrayal.
Ch 14 Betrayal.
Ch 15 Betrayal.
Ch 16 Betrayal.
Ch17 Betrayal.
Ch18 Betrayal.
Ch19 Betrayal.

Chapter twelve

2K 116 2
By XCHICKADEEX

The queue to the ladies was ridiculous. I knew I couldn't wait any longer. Besides I needed a breather, things were getting a little hot out there, and the confusion was setting in.

I can't be doing with these alienated feelings corrupting me. I'm not a lesbian for god's sake.

I giggled to myself, undoubtedly I was quite tipsy now. I was giggling, oblivious to other's watching me. I also wanted to numb out everything that's happened in the last week or so. Most of all how being near Jo is making me feel.

I'm not a lesbian! I shouldn't be feeling this way, besides I have Leighton now. But would it be so bad to get nervous about the prospect of maybe kissing Jo?

Yes! I'm next. I hope there's toilet roll left. I push past the woman when she comes out and to my relief there was loads of  toilet roll left. Thank god. I was over joyed. I've never wanted a wee so bad in all my life. I sat down, music was pumping through the speakers in the wall. it was pretty cool.

I was instantly thinking about Jo and that guy. Were they getting on ok. Would it come between me and Jo? Would we stop hanging out as much, or would we still be cool?

I don't have that hassle with Leighton, because they're cousin's. This guy was different. He was an older guy, no doubt he had his own place.

I was feeling kinda uneasy. I got to get another drink. I went and washed my hands and headed back to the bar.

As I came round the corner I spotted Jo and that guy on the dance floor. I couldn't help but smile, she was really putting him through his paces.

"Two vodka Red Bull's please. Put them on Taylor's tab."

He smiled. "Sure, babe." I took the drinks and turned and standing behind me was Taylor.

I jumped and he laughed "Sorry, babe. I see Pierre has his claws in Jo. He's always had a thing for her. She didn't seem interested, but, hey things change I suppose. You wanna dance?" I nodded.

He beckoned me to the dance floor. "Pon de River" was playing. Taylor totally took over, he took my arms, draping them round his neck and we were grinding together.

His body was pressed against mine, he was a natural. The music seemed to flow fluidly through his body. I was in awe. He had his hands on my hips pulling me closer, our bodies almost as one.

I've always found music to be quite arousing. I think I've found someone who also sees music the way I do. It was intoxicating.

"You having a good time babe?" Taylor shouted over the music.

I nodded. "Yeah! It's amazing."

"I'm glad. You look great out here, like you have always belonged in the clubs, not forgetting really beautiful too," I blushed, he laughed.

"So how are you and Leighton doing?" I was apprehensive to say anything, however being tipsy does make you feel a tad brash so I decided to offload.
"He's royaly pissed me off." Taylor laughed, he lifted my chin to look at him.

"You can talk to me." I nodded my head.

"It's complicated. I've always been used to having my mind to myself, to fight my demons, without anyone actually knowing how I feel about myself. When I wanna put myself down I can't, cause he'll hear me."

Tears were welling up I could feel my eyes stinging. Taylor pulled me closer holding me as though I was the only thing right then that mattered.

"Leighton is one lucky guy. If you feel he's being too intrusive then tell him. Only you can stop this feeling," and he kissed my head.

My mood instantly picked up, so did Taylor's. We really had a lot in common. A new song came on and we danced a part for a bit.

I was shuffling my hips and winding around in circles, moving towards Taylor, winding around his body. I flipping loved this song. My hands were pumping the air, I was loving it. I didn't want this feeling of joy to ever end,. There were back to back songs playing. All songs I had danced to religiously at home.

"Let's go back to the VIP booth and get some drinks." Talking of drinks where did mine go?

Back in the booth drinks were flowing, but no Jo. "You think Jo's alright?" He laughed

"She's fine, hon." I nodded, but deep down I was worrying.

"Gracie this is Alex and Greg my best mates at uni." I gave them the once over.

"Hey how are you?" I shouted above the tunes.

"Yeah, good thanks."

I looked at Taylor "I need fresh air."

"I'll come with you" He said.

Outside the night was breezy and my head was spinning a little.

"You feeling ok?"

"Yeah I'm good, just needed some air." I shivered. He took off his jacket and placed it over my shoulders and pulled me into his arm's.

"We can go home if you want." I looked at him and shook my head.

"No way."

He laughed. "Didn't think you would want to. You remind me of my ex."

"How?" I queried.

"So full of life. Bubbly. Great body, and an amazing dancer." I was blushing again.

"Why's she your ex then?"

He looked a little sad. "She left me for my best friend, he was her soul mate."

I hugged him. "Ouch that must hurt." He just nodded,

"Anyway let's go find my sister. The special  guests are on in five."

Whoop whoop! I was so excited. When we got inside, there she was sitting at the table. Well, no. Not sitting at the table she was sitting on that guys lap. She ran over to me and hugged me.

"There you are. I got you a drink. Come meet Pierre" I went and sat down,

"We have already met he bought me a drink." They both shared a look of, really?

"You buy my friend a drink, and now you're chatting me up?"

I wasn't bothered. What I was more excited about right now was the artist I had been waiting for all night long was walking on stage. They were flawless in their music, and they were even going to do a few of their own tracks.

I didn't want to dance I just wanted to watch and listen they were amazing. Jo came over and sat next to me and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Do you think it's stupid if I give Pierre a chance?"

I leanded my head on her's. "Babe that's your choice, no one can make your mind up for you, only you can."

She hugged me "Dad will go mad because he's twenty-one, but it isn't his choice, it's mine."

I knew he was older than her, but why would her dad be mad over it, "Whys your dad gonna be mad?" she laughed.

"Pierre is a demon. Dad doesn't believe in mix match relationships."

Holy cow that fit guy was a demon? I learned loads about demons at my old school in London when we studied demonology. They were evil, the closest thing to the devil himself. But Pierre looked anything but evil, and he was über cute. I didn't get it.

Jo looked at me. "I know, I know. We still have to have the conversation about demons." I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"What about demons?"

I turned round it was Pierre. Jo smiled at him. "No, nothing. I was just telling Gracie that you're a demon." He laughed.

"Gracie you may have heard bad things about demons, but I'm on the good side not the bad side. So don't be wary of me." And he smiled.

He took Jo's hand. "Wanna go dance, Jo?" She nodded and took his hand, I watched them walk off hand in hand suddenly wishing Leighton was here.

I sat listening to the guest stars, suddenly feeling like I was back in my bedroom with my earphones in listening to music on my iPod. I was back in the bubble of feeling alone.

What do you expect? Once something better came along, it would only be a matter of time before Jo would ditch your sorry ass. My mind could be a proper bitch to me sometimes.

I ignored it. Oh Gracie, poor little Gracie all alone, surrounded by vampires and demons with nowhere to run.

I tried even harder to push the voice back into a room in my head and shut the door behind it, but now I couldn't. This is the reason I can't let Leighton hear my thoughts.

He would hear all of my insecurities. He would think I'm crazy. Taylor came and sat next to me.

"How come you stopped dancing?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I just wanted to listen, they're my all time favourites." He rubbed my hand.

"They're my favourites too. It's really great having so much in common with you." Yeah we certainly did have a lot in common even more than Jo or Leighton. "Gracie there's something I need to tell you. Not because it's my birthday. Not because I can, but because I want to. Ever since Jo brought you home, I've been thinking about you." I was in shock.

"I'm attracted to you, and I suppose that's another reason I brought you tonight, because I wanted to spend time with you. It's so difficult to get near you when you're with Jo. I really like you! I know I probably have no chance, what with Leighton, but I just had to tell you."

Just when I thought I could breath again, he leaned across the table and kissed me. It was tender.

Well blow me down. what is wrong with vampires and demons? How come they find me hot, but I can't find a human boy who wants me as bad? I was confused.

"I'm sorry Gracie I shouldn't have." I chuckled in bewilderment.

"What is it with you guys? First Joshua, and now you." He looked confused.

I patted his knee "It's ok. I'm sorry too. If I wasn't soulmated to an annoying mind sucking vampire, I would've been attracted to you too."

He was in guffaw's of laughter throwing his head back, "Thanks Gracie. You just made my night even better, you want another drink?" I nodded.

Minutes later he was back. Dammit I know this is bad, drinking like this. My parent's would kill me. "I'm counting on you and Jo to have me sober before I get in." He laughed.

"Dont worry, we got you." I downed it. Damn what a rush.

2:59 came and I had one more minute of freedom. It had been the most amazing night ever, definitely one I won't forget for a while, but it was time to go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 250 23
Samantha never thought that her life would turn into something she doesn't believe in. A life she never imagined to be. But who knows? Only the might...
2.9M 74.7K 30
Rochelle has moved multiple times after her mother's passing due to her father's suffering of his loss. After finding a new job in the city of Black...
697 32 13
Lanie Bythesea has attended St. Ailbe Catholic High for the past two years. Now in her Junior year, Lanie is excited to almost be done with high scho...
16.3K 1.3K 60
*WORK IN PROGRESS* •Two Destined Souls, One Shared Fateful Past• 23 year old personal trainer Ava is living her best life boosting the confidence of...