WE NEED MEMORIES (HAIKYUU MIY...

By 131ue_C10ud

One day Norimune Kurosu (Iniarkazi's Coach) married Hana Nekomata and then they had me. I was born and was lu... More

Chapter 1: HOME TO TOKYO
Chapter 2: WELCOME HOME
Chapter 3: DETENTION
Chapter 4: LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL
Chapter 5: MOMMY
Chapter 6: HELP ME
CHAPTER 7: TETSURO?
Chapter 8: WE'RE ON A TEAM
Chapter 9: PISSING MATCH
Chapter 10: I'M SORRY
Chapter 11: BEGIN AGAIN
Chapter 13: SUMMER NATIONALS
Chapter 14: WRONG IDEA
Chapter 15: GAME DAY
Chapter 16: JUST FRIENDS
Chapter 17: NO HARD FEELINGS
Chapter 18: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
Chapter 19: OSAMU'S ENDING
Chapter 20: ATSUMU'S ENDING

Chapter 12: I DON'T KNOW, BUT I INTEND TO FIND OUT

54 1 0
By 131ue_C10ud

When did this roof become my safe place? I guess feeling the wind in my face relaxed me. I needed that. It's been a month since I last cried over Kuroo. I guess I buried all my feelings about him deep enough that I didn't have to think about it. A couple wins here and a couple wins there... I started to forget, but to know that I never had to lose him...Okay let's calm down. Think about what Kita said. I can't blame Atsumu for my breakup. If something as simple as a jealous Atsumu can break us up it probably wasn't that strong of a relationship to begin with. "Okay, here's the game plan, we are going to calm down, then find Atsumu and apologize."

O: I think that's a crap plan.

"Samu...."

O: Hey

"Hey..." There was a silence sitting between us as we both looked straight ahead at the setting sun. Both a little unsure of what to say.

O: Why are you going to apologize to him? You did nothing wrong.

"Because I'm putting the blame where it doesn't belong."

O: What do you mean?

"Was it his fault that we broke up? Kind of, but if it wasn't him it would've been someone or something else. Kita was right. Our relationship wasn't very strong if it only took Atsumu one practice to break it."

O: I'm sorry about your breakup. I didn't know...

"It's okay. It's been a while. I guess today just opened up the hurt and made me remember. *smiles* I guess that's what I get for not healing properly."

O: So that night on the swing....

"Yeah..."

O: Why didn't you tell me?

"Because...every time I'm sad you're there. And I appreciate it, but the thing is Kuroo left because I always leaned on him and ...I don't want you to leave just yet. I just got you back, I'm a big girl, I can fix myself, there's no need to worry."

O: Yeah, you are. But here's the real thing, Kuroo's a piece of crap. I don't know how they do things in Tokyo, but in Hyogo we let our friends lean on us. So if something makes you upset, talk to me. I'm not going anywhere, not unless you want me to.

I looked over to see that Osamu was still watching the sunset. "Thank you Samu. You always know just what to say."

O: (P/N), about Atsumu,

"Don't apologize for him. Like I said. I overreacted, it's fine."

O: Are you sure?

"Yeah. I promise."

O: I don't want you to apologize, but if it's something you really want to do make sure to wait. Make him sweat a little. Maybe the good for nothing will finally learn his lesson.

*chuckles* "Will do." Even though Osamu pretended to hate his brother he seemed relieved to know that everything was okay. As I looked out at the blue and yellow merge I couldn't help but smile. "You know what Mia used to say about you two."

O: What?

"I think they're twins for a reason. Tsumu always makes you cry, but it's okay because Samu is always there to make you smile. While I don't like the idea of you cleaning up his mess, I'm really happy you do. She was right. You are really are always here *giggle* It's no wonder I had a crush on you when we were kids."

O: WHAT?

A little laugh left my lips after seeing Osamu's shocked face, but it only grew bigger seeing him clear his throat and trying to act like his cool, apathetic self. A small blush grazed his cheeks as he turned to watch the sun set again.

O: You don't say.

"Yeah, Atsumu didn't tell you?"

FLASHBACK

The twins were walking home after leaving (P/N)'s house. (P/N) had just told Atsumu she liked Osamu, so naturally he was in one of his moods, but Osamu didn't understand why. The twins had a good day.

O: Hey Tsumu

A: What

O: What's your problem?

A: Just sick of seeing your face.

O: What the hell is that supposed to mean?

A: Just shut up and leave me alone.

O: How about you shut up instead. Idiot.

A: WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?

O: EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE, AN IDIOT!

A: WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM!

O: YOU'RE THE ONE WHO STARTED THIS

A: NO IT WAS YOU! I SAW YOU, I SAW THE LOOK ON YOUR FACE WHEN YOU SAID BYE TO HER TODAY. I KNOW YOU LIKE HER, BUT SHE DOESN'T LIKE YOU

O: What

A: SHE DOESN'T LIKE YOU. SHE JUST GOT DONE TELLING ME TODAY. WHY DO YOU THINK SHE WAS LAUGHING SO MUCH. IT WAS AT YOU! SHE KNOWS YOU LIKE HER AND THAT'S WHY SHE LAUGHED. AS IF A LOSER LIKE YOU COULD GET HER.

O: Whatever.

END OF FLASHBACK

O: No.. he didn't.

"Well I guess it's a good thing he didn't. It would've been awkward with you not liking me back and all."

O: Why do you think I didn't like you back?

"Cause Atsumu told me that when he asked you that you laughed and said I was ugly."

O: HE WHAT?

"It makes sense that it was a lie. You'd never say something like that and finding out now you didn't know, this is on me"

O: I-

"It's fine Samu, really. If I had thought it through I would have realized it was a lie. I never blamed you or thought badly of you so there's no need to worry. But in my defense, I was really distracted and was having a really bad day."

O: A bad day?

"Yeah! That day really sucked, one of my best friends hated me, my crush didn't like me and my parents got divorced. *chuckles* Looking back I'm surprised I'm not more messed up. I know he was mad, but that day I left, did he at least tell you I said goodbye?"

O: He didn't... One day you were here and then you were gone the next.

*giggle* "He is quite literally the worst person alive."

O: I guess you're right, but I'm kind of stuck with him.

MEANWHILE

While Osamu conversed with (P/N) about their past, Mia was talking to Atsumu about the present and his future.

M: Alright, let's get this over with. Do you like her again? Is that why you were jealous? All the unresolved feelings eating you up?

A: Just mind your own business Mia.

M: Unfortunately for you, you're messing with two of my best friends so I can't don't that.

A: Best friends huh? When's the last time you and (P/N) spent time together?

M: If you had any friends you'd know it's not about how much time you spend together it's about being there for each other.

A: Yeah? Then why aren't you there now?

M: Because if I left Samu here, you'd be on the floor again.

A: Because (P/N) never does anything wrong.

M: No, because you were being a jerk. New flash Atsumu, you don't get to be a jerk and keep people around. When are you going to get it through your head, we're not kids anymore, if you push her away, she's not going to fight it. She'll stay away for good.

A: I don't get what it is about her. Why can't I do anything right?

M: Because you're thinking too hard. I get there's history there and drama and whatever, but you need to relax and be you. You need to stop trying to be this new version of you. She used to get along with the old you, the real you. If you want that spot back in her life, then earn it. The same goes with Samu.

A: Samu?

M: He's a good brother you know. He's always looking out to you. He tries his best to make sure you're included and never alone, he mitigates any fights you have with (P/N) because he doesn't want your reputation going down the drain. He's doing his best for the both of you and you're constantly acting like an ass to everyone including him. It isn't right. You're supposed to be the older brother, start acting like it.

A: You like him.

M: And so what if I do?

A: Don't waste your time.

M: Excuse me?

A: You don't stand a chance.

M: You're such an-

A: It's not about you or what you look like or your chemistry together, it's about them. She's only been back for a couple of months and she already has him wrapped around her finger. When she tells him to jump, he asks how high and the nicest part of it all is that he doesn't even realize.

M: They're friends. Being there for someone, caring about someone that's what you do when you have friends. If you stopped pushing people away you could see that. Samu has been trying to include you and pull you out of your own ass for years. He's getting frustrated seeing that it's essentially all for nothing. You need to grow up.

*scoffs* A: This is rich. I was telling you this to be a good person, but fine let's go.

M: Where are you-

A: To show your eyes what your mind can't process.

Atsumu stalked up the stairs to the roof as Mia followed behind. Together the pair sat behind a wall and watched the grey-haired hitter and (h/c) haired setter interact.

A: You see it.

M: He's..... smiling

A: And if I were to go out there, he'd probably try to protect her again. Like I said you don't stand a chance. He's become no better than her guard dog.

*scoff* M: And I'm supposed to believe that you're showing me this out of the kindness of your heart? Let's both be honest here, are you upset that he's her "guard dog" or are you just upset it's not you.

"BOO!" Mia and Atsumu both jumped clearly very into their own conversation. The slap on the shoulder I got from Mia was definitely worth the looks on their face. "SEE SAMU! I told you it'd be funny!"

M: You almost gave me a heart attack!

A: I'm sending you both the bill for the years of trauma you just caused.

O: Take it like a man, you baby.

"You've caused plenty of trauma yourself. Consider this returning the favor."

A: WELL YOU-

M: Atsumu, think about your next words very carefully.

"I'm?"

A: You're right. I deserved that.

"Mia? What did you do to him?"

M: I fixed him! We actually came here because he had something to say. Atsumu.

A: (P/N), I'm sorry. I yelled at you and took my frustrations out on you when you did nothing wrong.

M: AND

A: I ALREADY SAID I WAS SORRY!

M: WELL SAY IT AGAIN! SORRY WON'T TAKE BACK ALL THE PAIN YOU CAUSED OR THE MESS YOU MADE. IT'S THE LEAST YOU CAN DO!

A: ALRIGHT ALREADY! I'M SORRY! PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE'S ANYTHING I CAN DO TO MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER!

"Make my life easier, you say?"

A: What's that face?

*smirk* M: That's her idea face.

A: Don't make that face.

"Slave."

A: What?

O: Nice.

M: HUH?

"Why are you both so confused?"

M: Because why spend more time with him than necessary?

"We used to work. Somewhere along the way we stopped and I don't know why it's so important, but I don't want to give up on him, not just yet."

M: So you're forgiving him just like that?

"Not exactly, but we don't need memories right? We use the phrase all the time, why can't we use it to help a situation?"

M: Because avoidance is key.

"I'm choosing to move on because while the spawn of Satan might have done some bad things in the past-"

M: The past being twenty ago

A: WE DON'T NEED MEMORIES MIA!

"AS I WAS SAYING, while Atsumu may have done some bad things, I don't think he's a bad person. This is your last chance Atsumu and slavery is my chosen punishment for you."

A: I'm flattered, but if you wanted to spend time with me you could've just said so.

"Okay." I walked up to Atsumu and made sure to look him in the eyes. I grabbed his hands and said exactly what I was thinking. "I want to spend time with you. I want to get to know this new version of you and find out exactly who he is. And so Atsumu, be our slave!"

A: Our?

"Yup. Mine, Mia's and Samu's."

O: I knew I was going to like this.

A: I get being your slave but why the hell do I have to put up with those two.

"Because Atsumu, you hurt the three of us and you said you wanted to make my life easier so for one week you're our slave. What do you say, slavery and friendship or freedom and loneliness?"

*through gritted teeth*A: ONE. WEEK.

"One week, now let's go home."

A: Mia, before you go. The answer to your question: I don't know yet, but I intend to find out.

M: Don't do anything stupid.

"Samu, before you go. The answer to your question: I'll know when the time is right."

S: Don't do anything stupid.

A: Were you guys copying us?

"Maybe, but I'll guess you'll never know."

O: Yeah, now get the door Slave.

M: This is going to be one really long week.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 5.5K 21
โ๐˜๐Ž๐”'๐‘๐„ ๐€๐‹๐–๐€๐˜๐’ ๐๐‘๐ˆ๐๐†๐ˆ๐๐† ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐ˆ๐๐†๐’ ๐ˆ๐๐“๐Ž ๐„๐•๐„๐‘๐˜๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐๐†!โž ยฐโ™ก. โ‹„เฆ“ โคฟ๐€๐“๐’๐”๐Œ๐” ยฐโ™กโ‹„. ใ€ดit's a challenge dea...
115K 3.6K 25
After a devastating car crash that kills your mother and leaves you unable to play volleyball, all you can do is try and help out younger kids who st...
184K 7.6K 14
Status: COMPLETE ~ ~ ~ A heart can be delicate, that's what (Y/N) wanted to believe. She is lonely, fragile, yet she's still a cheerful person. Life...
45.9K 1.5K 25
โ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐Š๐š๐ซ๐š๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ง๐จ ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐ฌ๐จ๐š๐ซ ๐ก๐ข๐ ๐ก ๐จ๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐š๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง. ๐“๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ...