๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—น๐—ฑ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ - ๐—ฝ๏ฟฝ...

By vandaway

"what's the best thing that's ever happened to you?" "you." แฐ” school/teenage life/drama au trigger warning: ... More

o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
10k!!
f o r t y o n e
f o r t y t w o
f o r t y t h r e e
f o r t y f o u r
f o r t y f i v e
f o r t y s i x
f o r t y s e v e n
f o r t y e i g h t
f o r t y n i n e
f i f t y
f i f t y o n e
f i f t y t w o
f i f t y t h r e e

t h i r t y o n e

1K 44 22
By vandaway

"Shut up," Taeri blurted, referring to the boy sitting next to her who did nothing but eat. "I've only been sitting here, what the fuck?" Renjun blurted back, followed by Mark's laugh.

"Oh my god guys, when will you stop?" Chaeyong groaned as they gathered around the lunch table. Taeri rolled her eyes, giving Renjun a weird look before turning her body towards Saeron who sat in front of her.

"Dude, did you do something to her?" Mark joked and Renjun shook his head rapidly. "I swear to my dead grandpa's life," he held up a peace sign, earning a smack on his shoulder. He winced in pain as he rubbed his arm, turning to his right to see Taeri's angry face.

"Not good to swear on anyone's life!"
"Oh shut the fuck up Kim Taeri- we know you do too!"

Saeron grinned at their state, "Come on stop fighting, your food's getting cold." Taeri huffed before shoving food down her throat with a grumpy look.

"What's up with her?" Chaeyong whispered and Saeron shrugged in response. "It's probably her period," they grinned. "I can hear you!" the grumpy one said, causing the others to burst into laughter.

Saeron felt a tug on her sleeve so she turned to see her arm, eyes drifting up towards Jisung's very own. Yes, they're all set now- after that night, Jisung stopped acting stupid and they started talking again.

As she looked up at him confused, the boy pointed at something behind her with his head and she turned around to see someone staring at her. "Donghyuck's been staring at you for quite a while," Jisung clenched his jaw, the girl only shrugged.

"Let him be," she huffed before taking another glance at the brown-haired boy who sat a few tables away from hers, avoiding eye contact as he's gotten caught.

"Oiii, shall we eat some watermelons? I've got a few slices if y'all want some-"
"Goodness gracious Hyung, when will you stop eating those-"
"I'll take a piece!"

↣ᰔ↢

-The day before-

Donghyuck was having dinner with his family, his father on the other end of the long table, and his mother on his right. The young man sat straight while slowly munching on his food with an anxious expression plastered on his face.

Sungjoon was close to speaking when he felt something off from Donghyuck's mood. He watched in concern so he decided to question it, "Hey Son, " Sungjoon called out and the boy's attention flickered towards the source, "Is something bothering you?"

By that, Lee Hyura, Donghyuck's mother looked at him in worry but he shook his head rapidly, "No! No, I'm fine, " he forced a smile yet it was believable enough that his parents slowly nodded at his assurance.

They continued to eat until a cling sound was made by Donghyuck, he let his utensils down before speaking. "Dad, I have a question," he confessed and Sungjoon nodded for him to continue.

The three remained silent and the boy cleared his throat, "Do you perhaps.. know Kim Saeron?" Sungjoon was taken aback by his sudden question but shook his head, Hyura only sat there in silence yet was clouded by confusion.

"No, I've never heard of that name before. Why'd you ask?" Donghyuck pursed his lips into a thin line then laughed nervously, "No reason, just thought that you'd know her." The father lifted one of his brows as he leaned closer towards his son, and Donghyuck looked at him weirdly.

"What?" he managed out and was left puzzled when Sungjoon decided to smirk. "May I know who this Kim Saeron is, Lee Donghyuck?" he teased, causing Hyura to suppress her laugh- trying her best not to accidentally burst in front of her child.

Donghyuck groaned, "It's not like that!" His parents cracked out in laughter at his panicking state. "I was joking," his father told before resuming with their dinner.

Once they finished, the boy walked to where his room was located, turning the knob then closing it behind him, and looked at his table to see such a big mess. "Ugh, fucking school work," Donghyuck groaned, stomping towards it and a screeching noise was heard as he jerked the chair back so he could sit on it.

After a few minutes of work, he slumped back on his chair with his arms still on the table while twirling the pen in between his fingers. Ever since Saeron pulled him to the side to talk about his father, he couldn't stop speculating the possibilities of her abrupt concern.

Donghyuck clicked his tongue before throwing his head back as he ran his fingers through his soft brown hair. The more he thinks, the more anxious he gets.

A knock on the wooden door seized him out of his thoughts before replying with a 'come in', revealing Sungjoon who closed the door behind him and sat on the bed. Donghyuck on the other hand was puzzled by his sudden presence.

"Um, shouldn't you be sleeping-" Sungjoon cutted off before Donghyuck could say anything further. "What is it about her?" he uttered, causing the boy to knit his brows, "Sorry?"

Sungjoon sighed and closed his eyes before glancing at his son who had a baffled expression, "What is it that you want to know about her, Donghyuck?" and again Donghyuck was struck by bewilderment. Does he know about something?

Slowly turning around, Donghyuck looked at his father then cleared his throat, and proceeded to tell everything about how Saeron was asking about him after their encounter at the cafe.

Sungjoon hummed in response and nodded understandingly, "I think I know who you meant." That statement was enough to take the boy off guard when his head shot up towards his father, ears widely opened as he signaled him to continue.

"Kim Saeron was suppose to be my niece- well she still is to this day, but her father and I had a terrible argument a few years back so he disregarded me as his brother," Sungjoon explained, his mood falling as he remembered his past.

To be shocked was an understatement to describe Donghyuck right now, he was speechless. After all these years, who knew Kim Saeron would be his unbiological cousin? Out of everyone God chose her.

"Kang Sejoon got married with Saeron's mother, Kim Taehee, we were all still in good terms until Saeron turned 7. Sejoon became an alcoholic, he'd come home drunk and abusive. Taehee told me about all of it, so I waited for the right time to confront him." he continued slowly so Donghyuck could follow along.

"And then what happened?" the boy walked towards the bed and sat beside his father who sighed as he continued to listen. "He raged," Sungjoon paused at the thought, "I-I don't know what's gotten into him- he was so mad," he let out sadly.

Looking at his father's state, Donghyuck patted his shoulders to ease him up a bit. "You don't have to continue," he softly said but the older figure shook his head as he forced a smile. "It's okay, you deserve to know about this anyway," Sungjoon ensured before continuing, "You're my stepson and she's your unbiological cousin- whether you like it or not."

Donghyuck slumped his shoulders, nodding his head quietly, so Sungjoon took it as an indication to keep going. "He left his family, Taehee stopped talking to me, neither does she want to see me at all because- yeah Sejoon was my twin brother, so I remind her of him, " Donghyuck's lips fell agape as he continued to listen.

How the hell do I not know any of this?

"During those times was when I met your mother, I fell in love and got married, you were still a little boy, " the father chuckled at the memory when he met his stepson for the first time. Donghyuck smiled at him, he loves him more than anything in this world.

Although Kang Sungjoon wasn't his biological father, he acts as though this family was his own.

"You've met her recently though, " Donghyuck inquired, referring to their encounter at the cafe and the older man let out a low chuckle. "I know, " he simply said causing the other to frown, "Then why didn't you say anything?"

"Because I didn't want to make her uncomfortable. I'm sure she still recognize Sejoon's face clearly, and I'm basically a copy of him. I saw her face when she saw me that time, and I didn't want to cause trouble so I stayed silent, " Sungjoon clarified.

"She was my favorite niece, " he leaned before giving him a wink and the boy giggled, "I can see that."

"But Sejoon died two years ago, " Sungjoon abruptly said, "I'm sorry- what?" The older one nodded once again, his face was lightly displayed with sorrow, "I'm sure Saeron knew by now, I met Taehee during the funeral. She must've told her."

"Saeron hasn't been looking too well at school recently, that's probably why, " Donghyuck acknowledged to which he received a sigh. "I don't even know if she still remembers me- At this point, I'm sure she thought she just saw his abusive father face-to-face, " Sungjoon admitted with a sad chuckle.

During the times where Sejoon started acting weird, Sungjoon was the one who took care of the two girls, both Saeron and Taehee. They'd play together when she was a kid, the amount of time they've spent together was innumerable. Though ever since that fiasco, everything drove bad- truly bad.

Donghyuck couldn't say anything but pat his father on the back in comfort, "Are you ever planning on telling her by any chance?" Sungjoon looked at his son with glossy eyes, "I really do hope so."

"Your mother knows nothing about this and I didn't mean to hide it, I just thought that it wasn't necessary to tell people about it, " the boy understood as he let out a sigh, patting Sungjoon's back again. "It's alright, it's your story anyways. You have the rights to tell or not to, " Donghyuck smiled which his father replied back.

Sungjoon realized that his eyes were getting teary so he wiped it rapidly with his fingers before laughing, "Ah, why am I getting emotional."
"Understandable, " the other snickered and Sungjoon playfully punched his shoulder.

"I really hope I can see her again one day, and Taehee too, " he confessed again, receiving a reassuring smile from his stepson.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure you will."

Oh shit well that was shocking
and #1 in nctau??
yall r crazy THANKYOU SO MUCH
I LOVE YOU!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

696K 23.6K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...
876K 40.5K 173
๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
291K 13.2K 36
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
255K 24.5K 60
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...