I Wish We'd Never Met Again

By ankitawrites_Xx

{Book 1 in The Never series} "Marry me.", he commanded. "What?", I shrieked in disbelief looking into his eye... More

Aesthetics
I Wish We'd Never Met Again
Chapter 1-Starry or Stormy
Chapter 2- Don't wake the Devil
Chapter 3- The Orphanage
Chapter 4- The Disguise
Chapter 5- The Contract!
Chapter 6- Is he Mr. India?
Chapter 7- My Life is no less than a fairytale- Note the Sarcasm
Chapter 8- Haye such a gentleman!
Chapter 9- Women aren't weak!!
Chapter 10- The Creepy Stalker
Chapter 11- One person & numerable faces.
Chapter 12- Dear Diary
Chapter 13- You're delusional!
Chapter 14- I Don't Want Her To Die
Chapter 15- Shocks, Stalker and Suffering
Chapter 16- The Past & The Nightmare.
Chapter 18- It will never be Okay
Chapter 19- I Believe You
Chapter 20- Revelations, Truth and a Command.
Chapter 21- Khanna Vs Dwayne
Chapter 22- I can't risk anything involving you
Chapter 23- His Gorgeous Smile
Chapter 24- The Block-of-Ice's Heart
Chapter 25- That Arrogant Son of a Bachelor
Chapter 26- Friends Reunion and a Paper slip.
Chapter 27- My Personal Haven
Chapter 28- I'm here to listen
Chapter 29-Mr Khanna and Mr Senior Khanna
Chapter 30- You're an Exception.
Chapter 31- As the vision, So the world.
Chapter 32- Someone turn the air conditioners on
Chapter 33- Who am I to you?
Chapter 34- My Little Tigress
Chapter 35- I do not belong to any-darn-one.
Chapter 36- One-shot!
Chapter 37- He looked C-O-N-T-E-N-T
Chapter 38- Intox-Intoxy?!
Chapter 39- Peanut butter for his Jelly
Chapter 40- Liza is dangerous!
Chapter 41- The Tragic End-I
Chapter 42- The Tragic End-II
Author's Note & Sequel
The sequel is Published!

Chapter 17- His laugh

1.5K 147 168
By ankitawrites_Xx

Dear Diary

Another day passed and maa didn't talk to me. She stayed with me last night but as soon as my eyes opened, she was gone. Why is she running from me? I wanted her after last night. I want someone who can listen to me. I want an assurance that I'm not alone, someone is there for me. I'm not blaming maa at all, I know she's dealing with the problems in her way, but I'm tired. I'm tired of fighting alone. I'm tired of fighting and above all, I'm tired of living in fear.

Why did Dada leave me? Why did he do this to me? Why diary, why? The man who was supposed to protect me from the world haunted me the most. The man who was supposed to hold my hand and teach me to walk pushed me to death. The man who was supposed to make me feel safe frightened me the most. He was the reason for my nightmares. For the scars on my heart.

I'm left alone without you Dada.

After 7 years I had a panic attack. Again! It was because of that stalker. When he pulled me by my ankle, I felt all those dark memories come to life, I felt suffocated, I felt an uncontrollable amount of horror. His one action triggered all the darkest moments of my life. His one action threw me in a pool of sheer icy horror. His one action made me remember the monster of my life, my father. Such an irony right, the man who was supposed to make my life heaven was the man who turned it into a living hell.

-Avni

Not a single drop of tear fell from my eye. Great! Now even they left me alone. They were the only way to release my agony and pain and now they are unwilling to fall too. Awesome!

My phone rang, signalling it was time to return to the hell of a life. I took a deep breath before answering it," Hello."

"Miss Mehta I have been calling you since last night. What the hell were you doing?", Mr Khanna's icy voice fell on my eardrum and I internally sighed.

"Mr Khanna I uh I..", I choked thinking about yesterday, stalker, his claim, his lunacy.

I paused and so did he.

"Are you fine?", three simple words, just three simple damn words, but at that moment, it was the most heartwarming sentence for me. His voice was just a whisper, if it wasn't for the silence that was engulfing me, I wouldn't have heard him. For that moment I forgot he was my nemesis, but do I think of him as my enemy?

'Yes Avni, you do. He was the person who destroyed Dada's orphanage, he's just an arrogant, egoistic heartless block of ice. He hurts people without feeling a single ounce of guilt. His words can never be heartwarming.', my conscience reminded me.

"You've been crying, haven't you?", his words surprised me again.

"What happened last night after you left the mansion?", he questioned with sincerity.

"Mr Khanna I'm not answerable to you anytime besides my work hours, but thank you very much for your concern. Goodbye.", I said and ended the call quickly.

_____________________________

"Good morning child. How are you?", Mrs Nina asked me smiling so wide, I was afraid it'd hurt her cheeks.

"I'm fine Mrs Nina, how are you?", I asked tying the apron's string at my back. She brought her hand to my face and frowned.

"What happened child?", her words were laced with worry and concern. I was puzzled, was my concealer off, which I applied in large quantity in order to hide the bruise on my jaw that I got due to the maniac's tight grip.

"W-What happened Mrs Nina?", I asked looking away. I hated lying to her. She was one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met. I know it's not long I started working for her, but with the concern and the amount of love she showered upon me, I never felt I was just a mere employee in her diner. It was an understatement that she had a heart of gold.

"Nothing dear.", she said but there was no liveliness in her words." Dear can you please go to table no. 5?", she asked and I nodded.

"Hello. I'm Avni and welcome to Sunlight and Coffee. What can I get for you?", I asked them politely. The table was occupied by a man, a woman which I suppose is his wife and a 5-6 yr old cute girl.

I jotted down their order and a few minutes later returned getting their food. I was just about to go back to the kitchen when the girl stopped me tugging at my apron. I smiled and kneeled down in order to come at eye level with the small girl.

"What happened sweetie?", I asked still smiling at her.

She pulled me in a hug all of a sudden, I stiffened but relaxed almost immediately. She pulled back and grinned widely.

"What was that for?", I asked in confusion.

"Mommy said that when people are sad you should hug them to take away their sadness.", my heart swelled with warmth. The little girl was so precious.

I smiled at her and turned to her parents who were looking at us with a small smile.

"You have a very sweet daughter."

They smiled and the husband patted her daughter's head, my eyes turned glassy. I've always longed for a father's love and what I got was a narcissistic heartless jerk of a boss, an obsessive psychopath and a pathetic excuse of a life.

Life!

___________________________

My shift was over and right now I was standing in front of the Khanna's igloo in all my glory, that was sarcasm by the way because hey! Mr Joshi on the floor.

Just when I was about to enter the house, the stalker's call came. Nice!

"Hello.", I said bored out of my mind. I don't understand what's happening in my life, all I'm facing is fear, fear and fear.

"What happened love, are you fine? You don't need to go to that Neil Khanna's house if you don't want to.", the venom he had in his words when speaking about Mr Khanna made me confuse. Do they have a history together or it's just business rivalries?

"Yes, I'm fine. What do you want?", I was annoyed with his continuous nagging in my work.

"I love you that's why I'm letting it slide princess, but I won't appreciate such a tone next time.", he said calmly but his words sent a chill down my spine. Arrogant son of a biscuit!

"What do you want Mr stalker?", I asked in a sickly sweet voice with a whole lot of sarcasm in my voice.

"You can call me Vidyut next time, love and I just called to listen to that sweet voice of yours. See you soon.", he said and ended the call.

Jerk!

__________________________

I walked inside Mr Khanna's mansion and then into Aarav's room, but he wasn't there. I frowned.

"Aarav?", I called multiple times but didn't find him.

"Um, have you seen Aarav?", I asked one of the staff.

"He was in Mr Khanna sir's room, you should check in there.", he answered and went away.

I sighed and made my way but paused....

~

1 second!

Did he just say?

Did he just say Mr Khanna's room?

Crap!

The morning itself I pissed him off by hanging up on him and I'm no fool to walk in lion's den after making him angry. God knows, he might hang me to death.

But Aarav?

'It's okay, Avni nothing will happen, Mr Khanna won't do anything in front of a kid. Would he?'

'Of course not.'

'Maybe.'

'Look, don't say yes and no together.'

'Okay Avni just do it.'

Okay! With a new determination and courage, I knocked at Mr Khanna's door. Please Aarav be there. Please! Please! Please!.

The door flung open and came a pair of cold eyes. Mr Khanna was standing in all his...

Suit?

Where is his suit?

My eyes widened. There he was standing half-naked just in a

Towel!!!!!!!!

A freaking damn towel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Holy mother of Jesus, Abs!', my conscience screamed.

'shut up, shut up, shut up.'

My eyes squinted up, Mr Khanna's face.

'Abs!'

Mr Khanna's hair was falling on his face, droplets of water descending down his chest and then his

'Abs!'

'shut up, shut up, shut up.'

He cleared his throat. Talk about being awkward.

My eyes travelled from his

'A..'

'shut up'

So yeah! you got that, my eyes travelled up from his ab ahem to his face. He had this confused, smug look on his face. God! he saw me checki.. no-no he saw me observing him.

This is the time I wanted him to be emotionless but of course, why would he be? Self-conceited jerk!

To further embarrass me, I did the dumbest thing anyone could do.

I kept one hand on my eyes to stop looking into his eyes and his

'Abs!'

'speak again and I'm gonna stop talking to you.', I grumbled to my conscience.

'But Avni, he has freaking six-pack Abs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!', my conscience literally yelled.

'Okay okay. That's enough'

I peeked through a slit between my two fingers and he was still standing there. What in the hell is his problem, can't he see a woman is standing here, he should be decent before opening the door.

'Imbecile Self-conceited beautiful male specimen.'

"Ahem!", he cleared his throat and I peeked through my fingers again, my face was heating with embarrassment.

"Mr Khanna I- uh-I... Aarav.. that staff...", I rambled incoherently. Was I drunk? No! I didn't drink anything.

What followed next surprised me so much I was afraid I'd get a heart attack.

A deep hearty laugh escaped Mr Khanna.

Did you read that?

Mr Khanna?

Mr Nirdayi-Darawne-I'm-a-block-of-ice Khanna laughed.

He freaking laughed.

And let me tell you his laugh was so...

'SEXY'

I hate it when my conscience says the truth. One day she'll definitely pull a stunt driving me to death.

And don't you dare think, my embarrassment or my awkwardness was till here.

What I did next surprised me as well as Mr Khanna.

I pulled the door shut on his face.

On his GORGEOUS face.

Talk about being stupid!

And I dashed towards Aarav's room.

Curse that stupid arrogant chauvinist, narcissist heartless jerk for being so beautiful.

I took a deep breath and tried to calm the blush down. To calm my erratic heartbeat.

That was one hell of an encounter.

_________________________

I laughed so hard imagining Avni's conscience today. Well, that aside, I hope you like the way I write her diary, if you have any suggestions or amendments do let me know because I sure as hell don't maintain a diary or a journal, so I don't have much idea about that department.

Also now you know something about Avni's past. Was it worth reading?

Give stars to Avni's crazy blunt conscience *lol*

Thank you so much for reading and hey I'm on a streak, 3 chapters within 5days, someone give me a little appreciation for my consistency.

The chapter is dedicated to all my beautiful readers who were missing Neil yesterday :)

Love you all

Aapki seva mein sadev tatpar

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 14.9K 36
_COMPLETED_ #2 in HATE Series Fabulous 😍 Cover by @weirdosaurs (I don't have any words to describe that how much I loved this cover😍) This book is...
1.2M 57.2K 59
𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒑𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔; It started with his love. Will it end with...
133K 7K 55
"You are Marrying ME!" I ordered her. "WHATTT!!!!" her eyes almost came out of sockets and she looked at me with a shocked face while I was looking a...
944K 37.2K 56
An heir. That is what Arhaan Ahuja and his toxic family ever wanted. Arhaan had been born in a very toxic family and was brought up with old, orthodo...