A Person I Used To Know

By Auth35r

Nuria Daeva is a 17 year old girl with a traumatic past which she is yet to overcome. Shes been in America fo... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four

Chapter four

27K 639 2.2K
By Auth35r

"You know what we should do?" Maeko questioned, sitting by the oak tree in our usual spot as he held his hand up to the sun and turned it like he was some sort of fucking wizard.

It had been 3 days since Azael came to my house and the three amigos had started hanging out with us more since then. He also hadn't mentioned the whole 'you can take your hoodie off now' thing.

No one replied to Maeko as he continued doing weird shit with his hand, and we all watched him confused, except from Azael, of course. His head was tipped back on the tree and his brown-black hair hung loosely on his forehead.

He signed in annoyance at our lack of response,"We should go out."

"Where?" I asked, for me and the rest of the group.

"I dunno, shopping?"

It was awkwardly silent for a moment,"You want to go fucking shopping?" Azael spoke up, as Maeko finally dropped his hand to glare at Az.

"Yes. It would be fun. See, look, Nuria and Alyssa want to go." He complained.

I just stared at Maeko with an expression that just simply said 'no', I was sure Alyssa was the mirror image of me.

"Why can't we do something else?" Alyssa replied, trying to be nice about it. I didn't think I had ever gone shopping for the fun of it. I only went when needed, for the necessities, or simply to go to 'Pancake Palace' that was only a 15 minute walk from the main building. The place that sold the most mouth watering and delicious pancakes, I mentally moaned just thinking about it.

"Like what, where else could we go. C'mon, give me one of your genius ideas guys." Maeko said stubbornly, a satisfied grin pulled at the corners of his lips as we remained quite for a moment, thinking we hadn't got an answer to his question. It was completely wiped off when we spoke again.

"Pancake palace," I stated.

"The beach," Devon added on.

"The park literally just down the street," Alyssa said.

"The lake," Azael chimed in.

"Bowling,"

"Th-"

"Okay I get it! I get it!" Maeko shouted,"but please? It would be fun!" He whined.

I turned to Alyssa as we exchanged glances and I groaned." Fine."

*****

Devon said he would pick us all up at 13:00 and drive us there, which he didn't need to do, considering most of us had cars.

I blindly reached out my arm to grab my phone from the bedside table, slapping the wooden surface until I felt the cold metal in my palm.

12:37

I had plenty of time.

I stood up from my bed, grabbing the headboard for support as my legs threatened to give way and colours danced between my eyes before I stumbled towards my bathroom.

I stepped into the shower and sighed as the hot water melted my freezing bones, I had left last night to star-gaze on the field I took Elliot too and had forgotten to close my window, which led to me unconsciously freezing my ass off in the middle of the night. I really hated myself sometimes.

The heat quickly built up, making me feel sick and making my skin begin its stinging, so I turned the shower to cold, waking me up entirely and making me feel less dead.

I hopped out of the shower, gently patting my arms with my white towel and rubbing down the rest of my body as I checked the time. 12:50. I brushed my teeth and then spun back round to head into my room.

I hummed as I strolled through the mess, bending down to sort through certain clothes. I looked out my window before walking towards it and unclasping the clasp. Sticking out my bare arm, I decided against wearing jeans, it was hot enough to wear shorts.

I slid some dark blue, high waisted shorts up my thighs and threw on a dark green low-cut crop top, that clung to my waist. I put on my black necklace that was more of just a long piece of thin, black, fabric/string that hung an inch or two past the end of my neck. I heard a ping come through my phone and reached for it.

New groupchat
Today, 12:59

Devon
Nuria I'm outside your
house.

Wow, so he was an early person. I couldn't be dealing with that in the future, me or Az could drive next time. I hoped Az wasn't an early person too, I couldn't be the groups taxi. I'd force them to drive themselves or something.

New groupchat
Today, 12:59

Devon
Nuria I'm outside your
house.

Okay, one sec

I replied, as I grabbed an oversized jacket from off my door handle that I didn't really want to wear and grabbed a brush to comb through my dark, wavy hair. Ping

Dickhead(Az)
Hurry up.

Ever the charming gentleman. He could wait a second.

I grabbed my mascara and quickly dabbed it on the ends of my eyelashes before leaving my bedroom.

"Mom I'm going out!" I called up the stairs, as I walked into the kitchen and swiped an apple from the counter.

She was probably sleeping.

"Bye El." I shouted and closed the door before walking down the path to Devons car.

I took a bite of my apple as I sat down, and the first words spoken as I slipped in was,"You took your time."

I picked up my phone. 13:04. "It's been exactly 5 minutes. Impatient much?" I replied flatly to Azael.

"Can you guys try and not argue as much today? Maeko forced us to go shopping and I don't think I can handle y-"

"Shut up." Azael and I both said at the same time. I cringed that we just said it at the same time as I took another bite.

"Don't do that again." I said to Azael as I rested my head back on the leather seats.

"You said it too, Daeva"

"Yeah but don't do it again, and don't call me by my last name, that's weird."

That probably wasn't the greatest thing to say as a small smirk made its way onto his usually emotionless face. He was definitely going to call me that now he knew I didn't like it. Great going Nuria.

"Can you not chew so loud?" He said after a second of silence in the car.

"Can you shut the fuck up?"

"W-"

Ping

Besties
Groupchat name changed by, Wizard(Maeko)

Wizard(Maeko)
When are you guys coming
to get meee? :)

"Someone please answer him," I sighed as I stared out of the window, taking in our surroundings and finishing off the rest of my apple.

"You answer him." Azael says, as he read the messages from his phone in the front seat.

Fucking hell, can he not do anything I ask?

I gently slam my head against the window repeatedly from Azaels lack of complying.

Naturally, I changed the groupchat name, too.

The Amigos
Groupchat name changed by, me

We're picking up Lyssa first

Wizard(Maeko)
Why can't you just pick
up me first? Also why
did you name it the
Amigos?

No reason. And Lyssa is
closer so she's first

Wizard(Maeko)
No...I'm 5 minutes
Closer then Alyssa?

Oh. Oh well, suck it up

Wizard(Maeko)
What the fuck!

I grinned as I turned my phone off, Mr. Magic man was so dramatic.

*****

We picked up Lyssa quickly, our houses weren't too spaced out which reduced the time.

"Can someone tell Maeko we're on our way?" I questioned, my mom had asked me something and I didn't want to reply yet, so I couldn't message Maeko as it would tell her I had seen her message. Stupid app.

"I'll do it," Alyssa said with a smile on her face. I loved how happy she was, light practically radiated off of Lyssa, she could brighten a room with just a flash of her smile and the sound of her voice.

Lyssa looked up from her phone,"are we sure Maeko is 17 years old?"she said as she chuckled. I questioned that everyday.

*****

"Hey guys!" Maeko grinned as I got pushed into the middle seat. I glared at him.

"Why doesn't anyone call you Mae?" I had been wondering that question for awhile now.

Azael chuckled and exchanged glances with Devon in the front of the car.

"Hey, hey!" I said, slapping the back of Devons head rest," eyes on the road!"

"Don't call me Mae." Maeko said seriously, as I sat back into my chair after assaulting Devons head rest, damn, did he have a friend that died with that name or something?

Azael slightly turned to face me, a light grin on his face at a memory he must of being playing in his head."Maeko once had this girlfriend in 7th grade that called him Mae-" Maeko huffed frustratedly as he leaned further back into his chair."-She broke up with him. Broke his heart. And then he got into a fight with the first guy who called him Mae. Everyone now knows not to call him Mae."

Azael and Devon laughed in the front of the car."aww you poor thing!" I told Maeko, laughing as I ruffled his hair. Lyssa laughed too as he slapped away my wrist with an annoyed look on his face, I faced away from him and just quietly chuckled into my seat.

*****

"Okay, we're here," I heard Devon announce as the car slowed to a stop in the car park and the drivers seat door opened.

I groaned and stretched when I jumped out, rolling back my shoulders before linking arms with Alyssa and strolling into the large building.

"We're getting food first." I said, as we walked through the main doors and swerved out of the way of moving people.

"Where do you guys wanna eat, then?" Devon replied as he threw his arm around Maeko's shoulder.

"I feel like pasta," Lyssa sighed.

Mhmm pasta.

"I agree. Let's get pasta."

Az gave me a look like he was about to disagree with me. I spoke before sound could come through his lips.

"We're getting pasta. There's a shop just up there and your coming."

Azael was silent for a moment,"I've never tried it."

I stopped dead in my tracks as I looked at him, shock written all over my face and my jaw slightly dropped. He had never had pasta? Pasta? What the actual fuck?

"No. No, that's not okay." I said, grabbing his arm and pulling him into the small shop.

"That's weird, dude, even coming from me." Maeko pointed out. I nodded my head in agreement.

"What's the big deal?"

"The big deal? The big deal?" I sarcastically laughed as I sat down at a table—dragging Az with me— Lyssa in front of me, Dev beside her, Maeko on my left with Az on my right.

I picked up a menu...carbonara...I groaned and Az stared at me weirdly and snatched the menu from my hands.

"That's the best." I told him, pointing to the letters that read 'carbonara'.

"No spaghetti bolognese is the best."

"What the fuck Lyssa, I thought you had good taste."

She put her hand to her heart, dramatically shaking her head with fake hurt. I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"Actually guys, white pesto pasta is the best." Devon spoke, tapping his menu on the table.

"Yes! High five!" Maeko replied, with a grin on his face.

Devon high fived his hand.

"How the fuck do you remember all the names?" Az asked confused, as he furrowed his brows at all of us.

"Some of us have good memory, dipshit, and pasta is just worth remembering." I grinned up at him.

"Daeva is right," Maeko smiled, backing me up.

Lyssa winced at him using my last name. It's not that I didn't like it or anything but can people just call me by my fucking first name?

"Maeko, I swear to god if you start calling me that I will gut you."

He raised his hands in surrender as a waitress came over.

"Hey welcome to Luigi's Pastaria, what can I get for you." She smiled, her eyes lingered on Azael. She's a waitress, she needed to do her job not just stare at Az. I didn't like her.

Lyssa, Dev and Maeko ordered their food and the waitress turned towards me.

"Can I get two Carbonara's...please." I said coldly. Azael was about to open his mouth to protest but I put my finger on his lips to shush him. His lips felt warm and soft. Heating my blood by that simple touch alone. I must of been really cold.

He stared at me intently for a second before I dropped my finger from his lips and slouched back into my seat.

Maeko cleared his throat. "Uh, you guys didn't order drinks."

I looked to Az, a slight grin on my face before he deeply sighed and got up from the table.

"That was weird." Lyssa said looking at me.

"What?"

"I'm surprised he didn't bite your finger off or something." Maeko said in surprise.

"He's a dickhead not a cannibal.."

"I wouldn't put it past him though." Devon replied, humour dancing in his eyes.

"You're all really annoying you know that?"

"But you loveee us." Maeko said as he wrapped his arms around me and squeezed until I couldn't breathe. I'd only known them for about a month but they were better then the previous friends I had—besides Alyssa.

"Maeko,"I said with a pretty smile.

"Yeah." He mumbled as he looked up at me through his lashes and continued breaking my ribcage.

"Get the fuck off of me."

"Okie." He replied as he quickly moved back into his seat.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes with a smile.

If Elliot ever met him, I just knew he would love him.

I glanced towards the counter where Az was supposed to be ordering drinks to see him flirting with same same red-head waitress from earlier. My smile dropped along with my mood. Doesn't she have a job to be doing?

Azael walked back after about 10 minutes of flirting with a slight smirk on his face and his phone in his hand. I'm guessing she just randomly gives out her phone number to anyone.

He sat down and I stared at him.

"What?" He questioned.

"You literally forgot the drinks?"

He sighed as he stood back up and brought us both back a can of coke. Azael bought the cans whereas the rest of the amigos were waiting for the waitress to bring them back over.

"Where are we going after this?" Lyssa asked, as the same waitress brought over their drinks, not forgetting to leave without winking to Az.

"I don't really mind," Devon answered.

"Mae, this was your idea, where are we going next?" I questioned as I tipped my head up and leaned back in my seat with a grin plastered on my face, I loved getting an angry reaction out of Maeko for simply calling him Mae, it brightened my day.

"Don't call me Mae, Daeva."

"Woah, don't steal my nickname for her," Az cut in, finally putting his phone in his pocket.

"Az please shut the fuck up and if any of you call me that I will jump off of a cliff."

"Want me to push you, Daeva?" Azael asked, his interest getting slightly more peaked. Oh he wants to go there?

"I'll just drag you down with me." I shrug.

"Can both of you please just stop?" Devon begged. Me and Az exchanged glances and I scoffed, it's him who's the problem, not me.

Before any of us could reply the red-haired waitress came towards our table, swishing her hips, I rolled my eyes as she handed us our food.

I watched as Azael picked up his fork and put a fork full of pasta in his mouth. A slight smile pulled at my lips as his eyes widened slightly.

"Tell me I'm right."

"About what?"

"How fucking good that pasta is?"

He chuckled."Fine. Your right."

I smiled wider in satisfaction of his answer. We could argue one minute and laugh together the next. I couldn't tell if I wanted to kill him or be his friend. I thought both would be good.

*****
The sky faded from a bright blue to a blackened grey as the sun swept away leaving piercing stars. We'd finished our little 'shopping day' and we all began to pile into Devons car so he could drive us home.

"I call shotgun." I stated, as I tiredly went to grab the handle. Someone gripped the back of my jacket hood and I stumbled back,"hey!" I yelled and watched as Az opened the door and got in the front seat. That little bitch.

"You're a cheat." I mumbled as I climbed into the back, squeezing in with Lyssa and Maeko. At least I wasn't in the middle that time.

It was around 7:30pm which meant we were there for hours but we walked around for awhile. Going to various places within a 5 mile radius. I was exhausted.

"Oh, and Daeva?" Az called from the front of the car, I simply looked at him, urging for him to continue, I didn't bother replying to the nickname either.

I sighed when he didn't say more,"Yes?"

"Your coming to my house Monday."

"And why is that?" I asked, slowly giving up on speech already but still maintaining my ability to express being annoyed or frustrated.

"Because I've decided I want to write that English essay too."My eyes widened half a centimetre. He said he didn't want to do it before? I didn't want him to do it. Oh for fucks sake Az.

"Fine."

"Great." He grinned, as he turned back towards the front of the car and Dev drove us home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 2K 62
This is the story of Rosie Harper, a 17 year old who's moved to a new town with her family. She's a shy, nerdy girl with no experience with boys. How...
208K 13K 84
She is crazy He is calm. She is clumsy He is reserved. She never stops talking He never talks if it is not necessary. She is happy soul while his he...
130K 3.7K 37
Sofia is an ordinary girl, trying to live her life as normally as possible. Being a teen in high school isn't easy for her. Especially finding her pl...
1.3K 92 40
This is the 2nd story of the bad boy/girl collection, they can be read separately, they are not related to each other. Mature scenes of sex and viole...