Turn on the Love System

By Star332211

Tao Yuan was willing to take the peach blossom system to go to different worlds to complete the tasks, and th... More

ARC 2.4
Arc 2.5
ARC 2.6
ARC 2.7
ARC 2.8
ARC 2.9
ARC 2.10
ARC 2.11
ARC 2.12
ARC 2.13
ARC 2.14
ARC 2.15
ARC 2.16
ARC 2.17
ARC 3.1 - Chongxi in the 1960s
ARC 3.2
ARC 3.3
ARC 3.4
ARC 3.5
ARC 3.6
ARC 3.7
ARC 3.8
ARC 3.9
ARC 3.10
ARC 3.11
ARC 3.12
ARC 3.13
ARC 3.14
ARC 3.15
ARC 3.16
ARC 3.17
ARC 3.18
ARC 3.19
ARC 3.21
ARC 3.22
ARC 4.1 - Raising a Wolf Disguised as a Dog
ARC 4.2
ARC 4.3
ARC 4.4
ARC 4.5
ARC 4.6
ARC 4.7
ARC 4.8
ARC 4.9
ARC 4.10
ARC 4.11
ARC 4.12

ARC 3.20

9.7K 168 31
By Star332211

King Shan Jia was tied up and gagged with multiple ropes. It was so hard to catch him, and they couldn't let him commit suicide. The soldiers surrounded him, but no one was saying anything.

Tao Yuan walked over and stood at the edge of the crowd, "What are you all doing standing around?"

The soldiers all looked over, and then made way for Tao Yuan.

"Sister-in-law, we wanted to take a look at this legendary bandit leader. Did you also want to take a look? It's alright to break both of his legs, because he injured the Lieutenant He." A soldier said.

"For this kind of person, how is it enough to break his two legs?" Tao Yuan took out a brown medicine bottle, opened it, and poured the powder inside King Shan Jia's nose, "Okay, even if you untie him now he can't escape. You lock him in the vacant room of the temple, send someone to look after him, and I will interrogate him tomorrow."

"Sister-in-law, you want to interrogate him?" Wang Songming said, "Although this person is injured, his bones are hard. He will not speak easily. Getting him to talk is too violent for you to see. Sister-in-law, I will do it."

"You don't have to torture him to get a confession. If you use torture to get the confession, it will not necessarily be true. I naturally have my own way of getting him to say all the things he doesn't want to say."

"What way?" Wang Songming asked suspiciously.

Tao Yuan smiled but did not answer him. Then he turned and walked into the temple.

Wang Songming looked at Gu Yu and asked with a puzzled face, "Do you know what Sister-in-law can do?"

"Did you forget what your sister-in-law does?" Gu Yu said.

"My sister-in-law is a doctor. Is it possible that someone who is a doctor can also interrogate?"

"My sister-in-law is a master of medicine. Give King Shan Jia some medicine to torture him, or make him unconscious, and he will say anything without being asked."

"Yeah!" Wang Songming patted his head. "Why didn't I think of this? Torturing him with medicine is definitely more effective than torturing his body. I am not afraid that he won't reveal the place of the Tibetan cultural relics. For this murderous bandit Chief, we don't have to think about human nature with him. It's right just to toss him on deaths door. It's would also be revenge for the ruined families who's loved one's were killed by him."

Wen Han walked in with two lunch boxes, sat down by Ning Haobo's bed and said, "Let's eat. I cooked some porridge."

Ning Haobo sat up carefully, took the lunch box, and drank the sweet white porridge. If hadn't seen with his own eyes, Wen Han running to take care of He Liyuan in front of everyone instead of him yesterday, then at this moment his heart would feel sweet drinking this porridge.

After doing something like that, Wen Han proposed they get a divorce once they returned. Ning Haobo suffered bitterness from his mouth to his heart. 

Wen Han lowered his head slightly. He was trying to control himself and not look at He Liyuan next to him.

After a while, Tao Yuan also walked in with two lunch boxes.

He Liyuan saw him and immediately sat up.

"Be careful." Tao Yuan walked over quickly, put the lunch box on the bedside table, and then went to help He Liyuan.

"You eat. I'm going to eat too, and I will come back later to get the lunch box." Wen Han stood up and left.

Ning Haobo's hand paused, then continued to drink porridge.

Tao Yuan sat down by the bed, opened the lunch box and said, "I cooked chicken and vegetable porridge for you. There were two pieces of chicken left from the one's the militia brought two days ago. You can taste it."

As soon as the lunch box was opened, the aroma immediately wafted out. Such a strong and attractive aroma, you don't need to taste it to know that it is definitely delicious.

Tao Yuan scooped up the porridge with a spoon, blew on it before feeding it to He Liyuan.

Although He Liyuan injured his feet and not his hands, he did not refuse Tao Yuan's feeding.

"Is it delicious?" Tao Yuan asked.

"It's delicious." He Liyuan nodded. It was as delicious as the one he made at home.

"I will make you matsutake porridge tomorrow morning. Now the bandits are almost wiped out, and the bandit leader has also been arrested. I will ask the soldiers to go to the mountains to catch some game. But you are injured now, so you can only eat light dishes."

"Save me some too. I'll be better in two days and can eat it then." He Liyuan said.

"I said you can't walk around for at least two days. I didn't say that you would be better in two days." Tao Yuan said helplessly. "Wait until we've gone back, and I'll cook you whatever you want to eat."

He Liyuan nodded. When he was injured, Tao Yuan was always very gentle towards him, and sometimes treated him like a child. He didn't think there was anything wrong with it, but rather enjoyed it.

Ning Haobo smelled the wafting aroma, and the porridge in his mouth became even more bland. After finishing the food he still felt very hungry. Those scents are torturing him, he can only smell it but not eat it. He might be able to control himself, but he can't control his stomach. 

After dinner, Tao Yuan sat around and talked with He Liyuan for a while. Then he went out to fetch some water.

Using a damp towel, he carefully wiped He Liyuan's face and neck. Tao Yuan pulled his shirt up and wiped his body to make him sleep more comfortable at night.

Tao Yuan thinks that they are husband and wife, so it is reasonable to take care of each other. When He Liyuan was injured, he took care of He Liyuan, and when He Liyuan was not injured, he often helped Tao Yuan wash his face and feet. This kind of thing where you are good to me and I am good to you, you love me and I love you, is the feeling and care between people who truly love each other.

Ning Haobo did his best to not listening or think. But the whispers from the other side always disturbed his mind. When a person is injured or ill, his heart will inevitably be weaker than usual. He hoped that someone could accompany him. Even if they didn't love him his heart would be more content.

Other then his mother, no one had taken care of him so carefully. He didn't expect Wen Han to take care of him like that. Even if Wen Han doesn't do anything, just stayed by his side for a while, his heart would feel better. But will he do it? Ning Haobo mockingly sneered. That was impossible!

Although Tao Yuan did not like the Ning family, it was not a deep hatred. Ning Haobo was also injured and needed to rest. It was already night, and he couldn't keep making noises and interrupting other's rest. This is a sign of a person's quality and upbringing.

Tao Yuan whispered to He Liyuan, "Go to sleep, and I will sleep next door. If you want to go to the bathroom during the night, there is a urinal under the bed."

"I will also go to sleep next door with you." He Liyuan said.

"There is a nurse at night next door, so there is no place to sleep." Tao Yuan said.

In the case there are wounded soldiers, there is a doctor and two nurses on duty every night. Tao Yuan didn't need to do a night shift. However, when He Liyuan was injured he took the initiative to ask to for the night watch.

"Then you ask them to move the bed over next to me and close the curtain." He Liyuan didn't want to be separated from him by a wall, but wanted to watch him sleep. He knew that while he was injured, Tao Yuan would agree as long as he didn't ask for too much.

Tao Yuan thought for a while and said, "Okay, I'll have them move the bed over for me."

Tao Yuan walked next door and talked to the two nurses who immediately agreed.

It is a very narrow single bed, which is very light and can easily be lifted by two people. Had it not been for the quilt, Tao Yuan would have folded the bed and moved it himself.

Because it was already night, there were wounded soldiers resting in the other rooms, so the three moved as quietly as possible.

After setting the bed, Tao Yuan whispered to the nurse, "If there is something wrong with the wounded during the night, you can call me."

The two nurses nodded and then went to the next room to rest. The two of them would switch watch shifts halfway through the night. 

Tao Yuan put down all the curtains, took off his coat and got into bed. He and He Liyuan didn't speak, they just looked at each other and  knew what the other party wanted to say.

He Liyuan stretched out his hand and held Tao Yuan's hand. Tao Yuan held his hand back. The two looked at each other like this and felt very content in their hearts. There is nothing more satisfying than having the one you love by your side.

Ning Haobo kept his eyes closed, but he didn't fall asleep for a long time. His heart was very tangled. He didn't even know why he was so entangled, but he didn't dare to think about the reason.

It wasn't until midnight that Ning Haobo slowly fell asleep, and then he began to have a dream. In the dream, he did not break off his marriage contract with Yue Ruqing, nor did he marry Wen Han. Instead he married Yue Ruqing according to the marriage contract.

After getting married, he still loved Wen Han and never forgot Wen Han, but Yue Ruqing loved him and treated him very well. The family lived in harmony without quarrels. Then slowly over time, he forgot about Wen Han and fell in love with Yue Ruqing, because Yue Ruqing had always been very good to him and taking care of him, so they lived happily.

Such a happy ending made him reluctant to wake up, but a voice suddenly woke him up. When his eyes opened the sky was already bright.

The nurse who had gotten the medicine bottle saw Ning Haobo had woken up. She apologized and said, "Did I wake you up? I'm so sorry, Captain Ning. I want to change your medicine."

Ning Haobo was stiff but nodded. He was still recalling the contents of his dream. He had been very happy in the dream. After waking up, there was only a guilty conscience and pain. Could it be that he changed his mind about Wen Han and had fallen in love with Yue Ruqing?

No, no, he loves Wen Han so deeply, how could he change his heart? However, Wen Han's heart has never been there for him, and he has no confidence that he can warm Wen Han's cold heart. He is also a human being and wants someone to care about him. If he had married Yue Ruqing at the beginning, would he treat him like he treats He Liyuan?

Tao Yuan was willing to interrogate King Shan Jia. Since He Liyuan and Ning Haobo were both injured, Wang Songming and Gu Yu, as representatives of the two squadrons, recorded the process and content of the interrogation.

King Shan Jia was tied to a wooden frame. His head was lowered weakly and the cloth in his mouth had been taken out. Even if he wanted to commit suicide he couldn't do it because the medicine Tao Yuan had given him had weakened him. 

Wang Songming and Gu Yu were ready. Seeing Tao Yuan walk in, they got up and greeted him "Sister-in-law."

Tao Yuan nodded to them, and then said to the soldier next to him, "Raise his head."

The soldier grabbed King Shan Jia's hair and pulled up his head.

King Shan Jia looked at Tao Yuan and grinned. His eyes were full of disdain, "Is your army so weak? They send such a weak gher to interrogate me! You're welcome to use a leather whip, salt water, or soldering iron! You can even cut the skin off my bones, and I'll still be able to bear it!

"What you mentioned are all things from the past." Tao Yuan said, "Moreover, those methods are not enough for a person like you. How could those methods be enough for you?"

"Bah, find a solider to interrogate me. It's boring to speak so softly." King Shan Jia said disdainfully, "Bring the man who caught me and let him interrogate me."

"You hurt my husband's leg, so he needs a good rest. Since he can't interrogates you over such trivial matters, I will do it." Tao Yuan said.

King Shan Jia grinned and said, "It's just you? You're going to get me to speak? Hahaha, this is really interesting. Seeing how handsome you are, if I haven't been caught, I would have snatched you back to the village and slept with you every day."

Wang Songming slapped the table vigorously and stood up abruptly. He said angrily, "How dare you to talk to our sister-in-law like this?! You clearly don't want to live!"

"Since I was caught by you, I never thought about living. Come! Kill me! Kill me, and you will never find those cultural relics!"

"You..." Wang Songming pointed at him and still cursed. Gu Yu pulled him to sit down. The more angry he became, the more he fell for King Shan Jia's trap.

Tao Yuan raised his hand to signal him to calm down. Then he opened his medicine box, took out a herb, and shook it in front of King Shanjia, "Do you know what this is?"

King Shan Jia was shocked, but his face didn't show it at all. He still said with a condescending expression, "There are pieces of torn grass all over the mountains."

"This is the most precious treasure of your camp. How could the lost grass be a piece of broken grass?" Tao Yuan said slowly, "You use this kind of grass to ask about the places where gold and silver jewelry are hidden, right?"

King Shan Jia was even more shocked. The bandits from his camp didn't even know about the lost grass. How did he know? Moreover, all the people who knew about it were killed by him. It was impossible for news of the grass to spread out.

Tao Yuan took out another small tin box, opened it and placed it in front of King Shanjia, "You should be more familiar with this, right? A life-threatening centipede, as long as it is bitten, will release poison and kill the biter within three minutes. This is also your camps speciality. If I grind up this centipede and mix it with the grass and let you eat it, what do you think will be the result?

"It seems that I underestimated you. But even if you know a lot, you definitely don't know one thing." King Shan Jia said, "As a bandit leader, in order to train my body, I've been slowly ingesting these while growing up. It hasn't worked on me for a long time."

"Really?" Tao Yuan took out a red plant that resembled both a flower and grass from the medicine box. "What do you think if you add this kind of heartburn leaves?"

Heartburn leaves! It's actually a heartburn leaf! He had found even the heartburn leaf that were hard for him to find!

Tao Yuan was dedicated to picking these things yesterday. In order to be able to find them quickly he used the system functions. If he hadn't he would have been doomed to walk around the mountain road for hours.

King Shan Jia stared at Tao Yuan. His eyes were no longer disdainful, and his face was no longer arrogant.

Seeing King Shanjia's expression, Wang Songming couldn't help but look at him triumphantly. He wouldn't dare insult their sister-in-law now, which made Wong Songming feel better for a while.

"To tell you the truth, the medicine given to you yesterday will make your bones become softer and softer. Not only won't you be able to stand up anymore, but it will make you soft like a puddle of mud. "

"Release him. Grab a chair and sit him down." Tao Yuan said to the soldier.

"Sister-in-law, if he..." The soldier hesitated worried King Shan Jia would hurt Tao Yuan.

"Do as my sister-in-law said." Gu Yu said.

The soldiers could only untie King Shan Jia, fetch a chair, and sit him down.

Tao Yuan looked down at him condescendingly, "I'm letting you escape now, but you can't go. If you still expect someone to save you, then I'll tell you that is just what I want. I even prepared traps for them. I'll let you see with your own eyes how powerful my traps are."

Tao Yuan knew that there must be more bandits hiding in this mountain, and he would never let them go.

Tao Yuan is threw a medicine bottle to the soldier "Pour the medicine into a bowl of water and have him drink it. First ask about where the Tibetan cultural relics are."

"Don't give this to me. I know what you want to know. I will tell you where the cultural relics are hidden." King Shan Jia looked weak.

"Oh? I'm really sorry. I'm not interested in what you have to say while you are sober." Tao Yuan said bluntly. "In addition to asking where the cultural relics are, I also want to know about your relatives. Although it is not a feudal dynasty now, and there is no such thing as linking relatives and family members in the law, if they have even a single unclean deed, I will never let them go."

King Shan Jia face drastically changed. He stared at Tao Yuan fiercely and trying to stand up to kill Tao Yuan. If he could use his strength, he would be able to strangle him with just two fingers, but he didn't have any strength at all.

Tao Yuan looked at him and smiled. "What? Want to kill me? I have already given you a chance. You can try it, but let me remind you that the more you try to exert force, the sooner your bones will soften."

"Sister-in-law, the medicine is ready." The soldier came in with a bowl.

Tao Yuan took out the silver needles from the medicine box, stuck them on the acupuncture points of King Shanjia, and then said to the soldier, "Give him the drink."

The soldier poured the bowl of water into his mouth without spilling a drop.

Tao Yuan took out his pocket watch and looked at the time. For the next hour, no matter what Tao Yuan asked him, he would answer.

After half an hour, King Shan Jia's eyes gradually became dazed, and his expression became a little sluggish. Tao Yuan took out his pocket watch and swung it in front of his eyes. Just in case, Tao Yuan would also hypnotize him.

"What's your name?" Tao Yuan asked.

" My nickname is King Shanjia. My real name is Shan Jiashan." King Shan Jia's eyes followed the pocket watch.

"In your heart, who do you respect the most?"

"My mother."

"What's your mother's name?"

"Her name is Wang Meiying."

"What does your mother look like?"

"When she was young, she was very beautiful. Now she is older."

"When was the last time you saw your mother?"

"More than a month ago."

"Now, it's a month ago when you went back to see your mother. Do you see her sitting in front of you?"

"My mother?"

"Yes, the one sitting in front of you is your mother. Take a closer look and see if that is the face of your mother. Your mother is asking you something. Hurry up and answer her. She is worried about you. Answer her quickly."

"Mother, what are you talking about? I can't hear you clearly."

"Where did you hide the cultural relics?" Tao Yuan put away his pocket watch and asked in a low voice.

"Mother, did you forgot? It's hidden in the small pit. The big pit is fake, so if those who serve in the army look for it, they would think we hid them in the big pit. I buried explosives in the big pit, so they'll die when they find it."

Wang Songming and Gu Yu glanced at each other. They were really angry. Stealing cultural relics was already a felony, and now he actually wanted to blow up their soldiers.

"Mother is getting older, and I forgot the location of the little pit."

"Mother, you took me to the small pit, how did you forget? It's just under the cliff behind the cottage. I'm sure they won't be able to find it."

"Tell me in more detail how to get there. Mother wants to go and see."

"Go in from the secret path, and then..."

Wang Songming quickly wrote down the route.

"Mother is getting older, when will you marry a wife and give birth to a grandson?"

"Mother, don't you already have a daughter-in-law? You have a grandson too, and he is studying at school."

"Really? Then you can tell your mother carefully what she did when she was young. I'll see if you remember."

"Why wouldn't I remember. Mother when you were young..."

Tao Yuan and King Shan Jia went back and forth with questions and answers. Gu Yu and Wang Songming quickly wrote down every word the King Shan Jia said.

Tao Yuan interrogated him for two hours, and about his ancestors eighteenth generations back. But he himself does not know who his ancestors are. His grandfather was a bandit and gave birth to his mother. When his mother was young she was also a murderous female bandit. She kidnapped someone else's husband up the mountain and gave birth to him.

When his mother got older, she changed her name and went to live in the city. There is also his wife and son, who are hiding among the common people. They are living a normal life of going to work and school. They have also helped keep him informed about what's been going on and have blood on their hands. His son was only thirteen or fourteen when he helped kill people, which made King Shan Jia very proud.

After the interrogation, Wang Songming and Gu Yu went to report to He Liyuan and Ning Haobo, and then waited for instructions.

Tao Yuan told He Liyuan, "There are still some bandits hiding in the mountains, as well as those bandits hiding in town. We can't lose a single one. The bandits hiding in the mountains will definitely find a way to save King Shanjia. I will ask the soldiers to set up a trap using King Shanjia as bait to catch them. Even if they know that it's a trap, they will risk it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...