The Underdog

By Mirainakamura

Jungkook, the 2nd heir to Kuit Corps, is treated like a puppet to his older brother and only family. He is kn... More

介绍; introduction
播放清单; playlist
人物; characters
第一章
第二章

第三章

86 13 14
By Mirainakamura

CHAPTER THREE; life tried to crush him, but only succeeded in making a diamond

Lisa sits down at the bar of the club, Jungkook perched beside her. After escaping from the gala the two decided to go to the place they met a couple of days ago and relax, flee from the stubborn reporters and annoying socialites.

Jungkook orders from the handsome waiter standing in front of him, who slides them two glasses of soju mixed with beer. Lisa takes a small sip, wincing at the bitter, chemically flavor of the soju as it burns her throat. She sets her glass down on the smooth, wooden bar and turns to Jungkook, exclaiming in shock as she watches him drink the entire glass.

"What are you doing?" She exclaims, reaching out and pushing the cup down, away from his lips. 

"I just- need to relax," Jungkook sighs, bring the glass back to his lips and finishing it, coughing as he sets it back onto the table. Lisa sighs and shakes her head as he orders another, but leaves him to wallow in his feelings. Everyone has nights like that. 

Taking another sip of her drink, Lisa turns her head to the dim dance floor and watches as the people drunkenly throw themselves about, twerking and grinding on each other like there's no tomorrow. Lisa smiles, the dance floor calling to her as she feels her head unconsciously begin to bob to the beat. 

Lisa looks at Jungkook, who is now downing his fifth glass of alcohol, his suit disheveled and hair in his face. She pokes his side causing him to look up at her in a drunken daze, eyes blurry and unfocused as she hands him a slip of paper with her phone number and a little note telling him she's going to go dance.

She makes her way to the center of the dance floor and begins to rock to the music, feeling the alcohol slowly begin to control her actions. Closing her eyes she grinds to the music, letting the booming bass of the song playing control her limbs. 

She dances like that for a while before randomly glancing to the door and seeing a certain man angrily barge into the club. She halts and watches him with wide eyes before beginning to try to make her way to Jungkook to get him out of the club, but pauses as the man gets to him first. 

Not wanting to give away her identity, she falls back into the crowd and watches from afar, gasping when the man suddenly slaps Jungkook on the cheek. Covering her mouth with her hand, she watches as Jungkook staggers, clutching his cheek with his hand. The man starts to yell, Jungkook bowing his head in what would seem to be submissiveness if Lisa didn't see him clenching his hand angrily behind his back. 

When all the mouthes around you tell you that you have no chance, you don't even blink, the fire inside just burns brighter. 

♟️ ♟️ ♟️

Lisa opens the door to her apartment and stagers in, letting her heels clatter onto the floor as she makes her way to her sofa. Dropping onto the sofa she lays her head back tiredly, running her hand through her silver hair. 

Watching Jungkook leave with his brother, pushing his anger down into the depths of his mind, Lisa realized something. If he keeps bottling all of his anger up like that, Jungkook will eventually burst. 

Which makes him the perfect ally to get revenge on Jeon Gung-Min for killing her older brother. Lisa's hand is still covering her eyes but her lips turn up in a lopsided smirk as she begins to feel excited for the rest of her visit to Seoul. 

Lisa is brought out of her thoughts as the rings of her cell phone pierce through the quiet apartment. Reaching her hand out she blindly fumbles through her purse until her hand wraps around her ringing phone, extracting it from her bag. 

"Hello?" She mumbles into the phone, rubbing her eye with her fist as she sits up. 

"Lisa~," a raspy voice groans, "come take me." Lisa furrows her brows in confusion, trying to pick out the drunken voice before realizing it must be Jungkook. She smirks, speaks of the devil.

"Where are you?" She asks, slipping on a pair of sneakers and grabbing her car key, already halfway out the door. 

"In front of a convenience store somewhere," Jungkook slurs, Lisa can hear the fizzing of a soju bottle being opened from the other end of the line.

"Are you drinking again?"

"Yes," Jungkook replies, his voice horse and tired, "come get me before I destroy myself."

Minutes later Lisa finds Jungkook slouched outside the convince store, spinning a glass around slowly in his hand. She hops out of her car and turns off her phone, which she used to track Jungkook's location using his phone. 

"Hey, Jungkook," Lisa says, rubbing his back softly and gently taking the glass of soju out of his hand, "let's go." Jungkook looks up at her and blinks slowly, staring at her with a heavy gaze. Lisa inhales sharply as his eyes wander her face, taking in his alluring features. She sees his gaze stops on her lips as he reaches out with a finger and brushes his finger against her lips.

Lisa freezes as his finger travels across her face, brushing her cheeks, her eyebrow, and back to her lips as he looks at her with utter adoration.

"I can see it in your eyes," Jungkook mumbles, tilting his head up to her adorably and flashing a smile that shows his bunny-like teeth.

"What?" Lisa murmurs, her breathing shallow as his thumb paints streaks of heat across her face. 

"You're a mess of gorgeous chaos," he claims, smirking slightly causing her to gulp nervously, "you're the type of flower that can still grow after a forest fire." Lisa's lips form a grin as she gazes at him, her eyes turning soft. How right you are, Jeon Jungkook. 

"What are you, a poet?" She chuckles, slinging his limp arm around her shoulders, "come on, let's go."

Jungkook lets himself be dragged to her car, slumping back into the passenger's seat as she closes the door. She slides into the driver's seat and glances at him, pausing a moment to admire his flawless side profile as he closes his eyes.

"He's going to destroy me," Jungkook murmurs as Lisa looks away, starting the car.

"Who?" Lisa asks, already knowing the answer but wanting him to say it himself.

"My brother," he says, eyes still closed and lips pursed in anger at the word 'brother', "he's going to strip me of everything I have, my dignity, my sanity, and then burn me up and turn me to ashes, forgotten."

Lisa's hand's grip on the steering wheel tightens,  her knuckles turning white in rage as she remembers her brother's last words. "Lisa, I know this man will kill me, it's just a matter of when. He is going to tear me into shreds, but when he does make sure he will never do it to anyone else."

She glances at Jungkook and is surprised to see his eyes open, a new stubborn fire burning in them as he stares at her.

"But, Lisa, he broke the wrong parts of me," Jungkook slurs, his eyes glassing over, "they tore my wings but forgot I had claws."

♟️ ♟️ ♟️

Chaeyoung stays seated, eyes stern and determined as she watches the disheveled man be lead into the room by two police officers. They throw him onto a seat on the other side of the plastic partition, his eyes wild and angry as he looks up at them. Clenching his jaw in frustration, he turns to Chaeyoung with a ferocious glint in his eyes. She sits back in her chair and smirks, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Look how far the mighty chairman of LPR has fallen," she utters, a victorious smirk dancing across her lips, as she stares at the furious man, "isn't it shocking, when all of your wrongdoings come back to haunt you, like little pesky ghosts." She says, looking at him with utter disgust in her eyes.

"Who are you, and what do you want," the old man spits, his gaze going feral as he stares at her with anger. 

"I'm disappointed, you've forgotten me?" She mocks, tilting her head to the side before sliding him a business card, "Attorney Park Chaeyoung, the daughter of the women you raped."

07/22/2021

hi lovlies, i hope you enjoyed this chapter!

i also changed the banner- what do you think?

i hope you all are enjoying this book

thank you so much for reading! love you <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 7.2K 81
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
139K 4.9K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
140K 5.8K 102
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
1.1M 19.3K 132
requests (open) walker scobell imagines AND preferences :) -- #1 - riordan (04.30.24) #1 - leenascobell (05.29.24) #2 - adamreed (04.30.24) #2 - momo...