Hidden Universe (Cravity AU)

By MenacingMelissa

9 boys awaken in a different universe, discovering connections between others that were formerly strangers to... More

;zero
;one
;three
;four
;five
;six
;seven
;eight
;nine
;ten
LOTU bonus: Serim
LOTU bonus: Allen

;two

60 2 0
By MenacingMelissa

As soon as Hyeongjun released his grip from the handle of the printer in the back, a blinding ray of light that shone through a nearby window made impact on his cheek, catching the boy by surprise.

Squinting to try and beat the blinding light, Hyeongjun turned his attention to the window to find out what the source of such a bright light was coming from.

What is this? What's going on?

Intrigued, other students gathered up at the same window Hyeongjun was gazing out of and joined him to search for whatever could be producing the blinding light. Whispers and murmurs were heard among the students and they tried to figure out what the mysterious source of such a bright light could be.

Cupping both of his hands around his face, Hyeongjun pressed his face against the cold glass of the window to get a better view of the current phenomena.

What he saw was the lowest of his expectations.

The whispers and murmurs got louder among the students, which drowned out the sound of Woobin's music that was currently blasting in his ears. For such quiet murmurs to be heard over loud music sparked a sense of interest in Woobin.

Woobin took a look to his right as he saw a fellow classmate pause his doodle and gently dropped his pencil onto the unfinished drawing.

Wonjin, he was pretty sure that was his name.

Without the latter making eye contact with him, Woobin's eyes followed Wonjin to the same window the other students were staring out of, the previous whispers and murmurs evaporating into pure silence.

It was like the entire classroom was holding its breath, anticipating for something to happen.

Woobin's hands found their way to his earbuds, and automatically removed them from his ears. Not hearing his music anymore and instead the long and hitched breathes of other students, Woobin slowly got off of his chair and joined the other students to figure out what could keep them spellbound at the foot of the window.

Something odd and out of the ordinary attracted Seongmin towards one of the many hallway windows and he quit jogging in the hallway and brought himself to the window.

Seongmin felt the presence of other students joining him at the window, all having a common goal to catch the phenomena that could have been happening that very moment.

That's when Seongmin caught it.

A blinding light followed by a dusty streak of white.

Seongmin's gaze followed the the light, waiting patiently for it to disappear, having no idea what the next few minutes could have in store for him.

The cat meowed one last time before running away, leaving Jungmo's hand in midair and Jungmo's mind in confusion.

"Cheese?" Jungmo called out the cat's name, only catching a glimpse of Cheese's bright orange tail before it too, disappeared from Jungmo's sight.

Wondering what could have caused the cat, Cheese, to stray off, Jungmo turned his head sharply in many directions, heart pounding. He saw nothing suspicious, just the dull nature that surrounded him.

If it isn't here with us on the ground...could...could it be up in the sky...? Where my last precious memory departed to...?

Brushing his hair away from his eyes, Jungmo slowly turned his head upwards, towards the bright blue sky.

Suddenly, a bright light zoomed by before disappearing as suddenly as it appeared, giving Jungmo no time to react to such a blinding aura.

Hissing in pain and covering his eyes, hoping to rid them of the blindness left behind, Jungmo squat down to recollect himself after the quick phenomena passed. Staring at it directly definitely wasn't a good idea.

As Jungmo continued rubbing his eyes, he couldn't help but think to himself.

What was that...? Could it be a sign?

Something feels odd in the air...it's like the wind is holding its own breath...

Allen's breathing and heartbeat quickly sped up, his eyes now glued to the sky above the towering school building. Now completely nailed down to his spot, Allen continued to ignore the students calmly walking pass him, his attention only dedicated to the sky stretched above him.

Something about the atmosphere today felt strange to Allen. It isn't every day he feels like this, so he definitely thought something was up with the sky...literally.

Before he could space out, a white light sliced through the sky. Caught by surprise, Allen's pupils followed the light until it was out of his sight.

Heart now hammering against his chest and the grip around his backpack straps tightening even more, Allen tried his best to stay calm.

It was just meteors Allen. They won't do anything to you. Calm down.

Allen told himself those 13 same words repeatedly, attempting to calm himself down, to no avail.

He felt like his entire world was starting to spin. Spinning round and round until it gets dizzy enough and falls down.

And Allen was going to fall with it.

A terrible scream from the sky tore Minhee's attention away from his pedometer, the scream shouting at Minhee for his attention.

Refusing to let go of the pedometer, Minhee firmly wrapped his palm around it before turning his attention to the sky, wondering what it wanted to show him.

What looked like a thin streak of white zipped through the sky, leaving a trail of the same color behind it before disappearing before the horizon, the trail acting as the only hint of the mysterious object being there.

Minhee lowered the palm wrapped around his pedometer and his gaze fell to the stoney floor beneath his feet to recollect his thoughts and process the phenomena that just occurred.

What was that thing? Could it be...?

Could it be the meteors that went viral on the news on that very same morning he was currently standing in? Coming to a conclusion, Minhee looked back towards the sky, as if that action alone would bring the meteors back to the place he first saw them.

And of course, that didn't work.

But little did Minhee know that despite being gone, the meteors will leave a huge effect on him.

As Serim continued to bike his way towards school, he caught something quite out-of-the-ordinary in the shiny reflection of his bicycle handles.

He stopped quickly near the back of the building and continued to inspect what he just caught on the silver bike handles.

White. Pure white. With a sandy streak forming behind it wherever it went.

Rubbing his eyes and blinking to make sure he wasn't seeing things, Serim gave his attention to the sky, wondering what he just observed.

That's when he saw it.

The same white streak he found on the reflection of his bike, cutting through the sky before it disappeared behind one of the many tall city buildings.

It took Serim a while to process what happened when the thought hit him after brainstorming for a while.

Meteor shower.

So it wasn't one streak. There could have been many other streaks repeating the same action. Serim scanned the sky, wondering if more meteors were to come.

When minutes passed without another hint of a meteor showing up, Serim decided that it would be a good idea to stop standing around like a homeless person and quickly bike on the path to his school campus. Time was starting to run.

But Serim would soon find himself running too. Somewhere completely different.

After minutes of blankly staring through the window, Taeyoung's thoughts were cleared, leaving nothing to occupy his mind. It would stay like that until the coach's whistle screeched, dragging Taeyoung back into the real world.

Sighing, Taeyoung quickly took a gulp of water before returning to the basketball court, listening to his teammates chattering as everyone gathered around the middle of the court.

Then suddenly, the chatter stopped. Heads turned and eyes focused on the small windows at the top of the gymnasium's walls.

Noticing the sudden change of behavior within the gym, Taeyoung's gaze followed the rest of his teammates' gazes to be greeted with a blinding light shining through the small windows.

Straying away from his teammates, Taeyoung's eyes didn't leave the light, no matter how blinding it was. It intrigued Taeyoung, and it sparked a curious feeling inside of him.

Watching the light disappear, Taeyoung suddenly felt dizzy. Weird, considering how he felt just fine mere seconds ago.

Taeyoung's world started doing flips and somersaults before collapsing, dragging Taeyoung down with it.

3rd Person POV:

As more students gathered to observe the phenomena outside, they all retreated when it seems like the blinding light eventually enveloped the entire world in pure light.

As the light cleared up, fate did its part and linked some individuals together.

A boy lied passed out on the pavement, his bike wheels still rotating as if it was still moving.

A boy remained motionless on the floor of the school's roof, his palm sheltering a small pedometer.

Another boy is completely knocked out near the entrance, showing no signs of waking up.

A young student lied unconscious in the middle of the hallway, as if his body acted as a corpse.

Three students have collapsed within the hands of their classmates, who shook them and called to them as their best attempt to wake them up.

Another student was found out cold in an alleyway, an orange cat accompanying his body.

And a young athlete in the gymnasium has blacked out, his teammates standing around his motionless body, kneeling and shaking him to wake him up, only for all to backfire.

It is unknown why fate chose these 9 special boys out of the entire world but fate allowed their story to play out as their worlds start to tie together.
==========================
(a/n) 1,637 words
today's talk show topic: i'm gonna miss gfriend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 202 14
The story of how eight strangers became one team.
443 10 11
After the concert with his sunbaenims, James then started to prepare for his debut showcase. How was his preparations on his showcase? Will his debut...
2.3K 115 14
A mysterious boy in the woods and a group of friends who find him - - - "I think you just cured him Hongjoong"
9.5K 712 23
In which Kim Taehyung finds out he isn't an ordinary human after all. (bts au)