Tame My Heart... Or Else

nessie64 द्वारा

Liza has always been shy, afraid of being noticed. As a new school year starts though, she is forced to face... अधिक

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 - Part 1
Chapter 42 - Part 2
Author's Note + Character Contest Results

Chapter 22

216K 3.4K 955
nessie64 द्वारा

DUTCH NOW (i'm dutch btw :P)

Hallo, hoe gaat het? Ik ben goed, dank je. Jullie wilden Brent's P.O.V. hebben, zo ik heb een hele hoofdstuk hierover geschreven! GENIETEN MENSEN :D

Translation: Hello, how are you? I'm good, thank you. You guys wanted Brent's P.O.V., so I wrote a whole chapter about it! ENJOY PEOPLE :D

So, so far I've done german, french and dutch - and that's all my languages people, sorry :P I could always use google translate... but that isn't very reliable :P

Did you see the groups on facebook where they tell you to type in something and then change it and then change it back? Yeah, those are HILARIOUS :D

Did you see the one about Justin Bieber? (no offense to jb fans :)) You have to type in: Will Justin Bieber ever reach puberty and then translate it into this language (I forgot) and then back. You get: Justin Bieber will never reach puberty :D LOL!

Okay, you guys probably are skipping this or really don't want to read this, but either way:

ENJOY <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brent P.O.V.

"Get out of the way!"

I watched from atop of the stairs as Kane and Rosie carried Liza inside. Kane held her from under her arms and Rosie held her feet, so the unconscious girl swayed slightly beneath them.

"Stop gawping and get the nurse, you idiot!" Kane shouted at one of the students in the crowd that was beginning to form around the scene. People piled out of classrooms, eager to see what all of the commotion was about. The victim of Kane's anger ran away, a terrified look on his face.

Yep, it was true that Kane could be scary when he wanted to be.

I crossed my arms and leant against the banister. I felt my natural smirk form on my face again, watching the pitiful scene beneath me. I had really missed feeling so powerful and so much stronger and better than all those weaklings. Being infatuated with Liza had done me no good at all.

Thank god that was over.

Kane was kneeling by her Liza, trying to wake her. Even Rosie was next to her, a worried look on her face. Guess there was something about Liza that brought their softer emotions out of them, whether they wanted it or not. She was just so good.

It was disgusting.

Most of the school was crowded around the three people now, all trying to get a better look. I would bet that most of them just wanted an excuse to get out of the classroom. I would too. They formed a circle, all pressing together and whispering to each other. They pushed against each other, fighting for the best views.

It didn't affect me, because I still had a clear view from my vantage point.

Most people hadn't even noticed I was here yet.

I watched as a black-haired girl and Wes shoved their way through the crowd. Wes fell to his knees next to her, his eyes wide in horror. The girl looked like she was going to burst into tears at any second, and fluttered around uselessly.

How pathetic.

"What happened?" I heard Wes whisper to Kane. Wait, how had I just heard that? My senses shouldn't be any better than usually. I shook away the thought as I focused on what they were saying.

"I don't know." Kane said, shaking his head. "She was with Brent, but then I saw Brent walking away, so I went to go look for her. And then I found her like this." He gestured helplessly towards her limp body, his eyes desolate.

"We decided to bring her inside, it's pouring like mad out there. But I'm not so sure it was the best idea now." Rosie spoke up, looking around at the huge crowd surrounding them. She glared at a few that edged too close, and they backed off quickly enough.

Wes pulled Kane to the side, so they were out of ear shot of the others. The other girl immediately took their place at Liza's side, trying desperately to wake her.

"Kane," Wes whispered so no one could hear him - except for me of course -, "what could have done this to her?"

"I have no idea, but I'm guessing it has something to do with Brent. She was with him... before."

They both looked around, scanning the crowd, but they didn't spot me.

"What could he have done? Do you think he might have..." Wes trailed off, looking horrified.

"Changed? No, he couldn't have. We would have heard him, you've heard how painful it is the first time."

They were silent for a few moments.

"She looks so... dead." Wes said, glancing at her. "I don't have any other word to describe her with."

"I know what you mean, man." Kane agreed sadly, clapping a hand onto Wes' shoulder. "We just have to make sure that whoever did this to her, pays."

Wes nodded and opened his mouth to say something, when Liza stirred, and both their heads snapped towards her immediately.

They rushed towards her, and knelt next to her. The whispers around them quietened, and everyone unconsciously leaned in, wondering what was going to happen. Even I was excited about what she was going to say. I hoped she made it good. My reputation really needed a boost from being that softie.

Maybe she would even exaggerate it a bit. Girls did that often, or? Perhaps she would make me seem like this huge villain. I've always wanted to be a villain. Opposite to what Kane said, girls actually dig the bad boys.

Her eyes fluttered open.

The people who had a clear view on her all sucked in a shocked breath, and everybody froze. I could see what was causing the reaction.

Her eyes.

They had faded from the deep blue into a glassy, pale blue. They stared around vacantly, unable to focus on anything, showing absolutely no recognition for any of people around her.

"Liza?" the black-haired girl said quietly to her. Her head snapped in the girl's direction, and her whole face scrunched up as she concentrated.

"Hailey?" she whispered weakly.

"She can hear me!" the girl, Hailey, shouted excitedly.

"Where's that nurse?" Kane called out behind him over his shoulder.

"Why am I on the floor?" Liza asked, still rather out of it.

"You fainted." Rosie answered softly, and Liza's head whirled to look at her.

"Oh, hey Rosie."

"Hey." Rosie said shyly.

Liza's face turned confused. "Why are you being so nice? Shouldn't you have made an insulting comment by now?"

Several people burst out laughing at that, and even Kane chuckled. "She's not completely different, then." he said.

Liza looked around till her eyes found his. "Kane! Did the plan work?"

"I'd like to think so." he said proudly, and gave Rosie a mega-watt smile. She blushed and looked away.

Wait, what plan? And why is Rosie blushing like that? She's still my girlfriend, after all. I thought angrily.

Suddenly everything clicked into place. Of course! Liza had been sent to me to distract me while Kane got together with Rosie. He was the figure I had seen approaching her, while Liza had drawn me away from them.

I smirked. I think I came out the winner in this battle, though.

And did I care about loosing Rosie? Not at the slightest.

"That's good." Liza sighed, her eyes closing again.

"Don't go to sleep, honey. You might have a concussion." Wes said, and Liza's eyes flickered open again.

"Hello sandwich-stealer."

Wes grinned at everyone around him. "Nope, she's definitely still got her spunk."

I frowned. No, she couldn't have gotten over this so quickly, could she have? That was absolutely no use to me whatsoever.

"If you don't mind me asking then, what happened to me?" Liza asked, her eyes curious, but still strangely pale.

They exchanged glances. "We don't know, honey." Wes said finally. "We were hoping that you could tell us."

She shook her head. "No, I have no idea. The last thing I remember is talking to Kane yesterday at lunch."

"It's the concussion. She must have hit her head on the ground when she fainted." Rosie said matter-of-factly. "Everything should come back to her in the next few days."

She noticed everyone staring at her, and she shrugged. "My dad's in the police. I've seen my number of injuries."

Liza smiled at her. "Well, then. That's just great. Can I get up now? The ground isn't the most comfortable place."

Kane shook his head. "Liza, didn't you just listen to anything Rosie said? You have a concussion."

"Does that mean I can't walk?" she asked, raising her eyebrows disbelievingly.

Everyone looked at Rosie. "No," she admitted grudigngly, "but you'll have a massive headache and maybe some balance problems, depending on how bad the injury is."

"Well, then, let's go!" Liza said enthusiastically, and started to prop herself up.

"But guys, her eyes." Hailey whispered.

"What's wrong with my eyes?" Liza said, shocked. They only stared at her lifeless eyes, which hadn't regained an ounce of colour. Finally, they all turned to Rosie, their new doctor, for some kind of explanation.

Rosie shrugged helplessly. "I've never seen anything like it."

"Seen what? What's wrong with my eyes!" Liza shrieked, her hands reaching up to feel around them.

"It's best if you see them for yourself." Hailey said, her voice shaking.

Together, they helped Liza to stand, supporting her weak legs. Her knees trembled a bit, but otherwise she looked fine. Her face was only the tiniest bit pale.

"Show's over." Kane said loudly to the crowd surrounding them, and they all reluctantly dispersed, shooting angry glances at him over their shoulders.

"The whole school was watching?" Liza asked weakly, not looking too happy about it.

"Sorry, we couldn't leave you outside." Rosie said apologetically.

"Outside?" she asked, her whole face clouding up.

"Yeah, it's pouring out there!" Kane said.

"Where did I faint?" Liza asked, looking like she was trying to figure something out.

"By the tree line at the edge of the field." Kane answered, starting to pull her towards the nurse's office. "Come on, we'll talk about this later."

They started to half help, half drag her across the hallway. Kane holding one arm, and Rosie the other.

I chose that time to make my entrance.

I mean, I needed to get some credit! 

I sauntered down the steps, taking my time, completely relaxed. After all, I was in charge again. It was my school again. I reached the bottom and cleared my throat loudly.

All of them, except for Liza, spun around to face me. They all glared at me, even Rosie. Ouch. I must say I was hurt. Please note the sarcasm though.

"Guys, what are you looking at? I thought we were going to the nurse's office." Liza's voice broke the silence, as she tried to turn around. She managed to do it slowly, and finally she was facing me again.

Wow, her eyes were really messed up.

I guess I just had that effect on people. I thought smugly.

Her eyes held no recognition for me at first, just like when she had just opened her eyes. Her gaze travelled up my body, trying to place who I was. She finally reached my head and she leaned closer to study the contours of my face.

Her eyes met mine.

The gasp that tore through her even shocked me. It reverbrated through her entire body, as if it was coming from deep inside of her. She gasped for air, her hands clutching at her chest. Her pale eyes widened until tears poured down her cheeks relentlessly. Her 'friends' stared at her in shock until she crumpled to the floor, struggling to breathe.

"Liza!" Wes shouted and reached out to catch her. Hailey fell to the ground next to her and tried to calm her, but it did no good. Liza thrashed around on the floor, her eyes locked closed. She finally curled up into a tight ball, holding herself so tightly, as if her very life depended on it.

Wow, I was better than I had thought.

The noise brought all the earlier bystanders back in seconds. They all stood frozen in shock as they watched Liza Macdonald, the bravest girl in the school, convulse and choke on the ground. Several people broke through the crowd and tried to help Hailey comfort her, but she continued to sob uncontrollably.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER BRENT!" Kane shouted at me.

I adjusted the collar of my leather jacket around my neck and smirked. "Nothing much."

"NOTHING MUCH?! I'LL GIVE YOU NOTHING MUCH!" he roared, starting to advance on me. I watched in amusement as Wes held him back.

"Breathe." Wes advised to him, before turning to face me.

"WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE TO MY GIRL!" he shouted with just as much ferocity, and now it was Kane holding him back.

"Number one, she is not your girl, she told you that long ago, didn't she? Number two, how about you ask her?" I sneered.

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO ASK HER IF SHE CAN BARELY BREATHE!" Wes bellowed, shaking with anger.

I shrugged, highly uninterested. "Not my problem."

"IF YOU DON'T TELL ME RIGHT NOW, I AM GOING TO-" Wes continued, before he was being interrupted.

"He broke her heart."

The accusation was spoken with conviction and disgust, and we all turned to look Rosie, who was trembling, her eyes shut.

"What?" Kane managed to say.

Without opening her eyes, Rosie spoke. "I can see all the signs. Firstly, her mind blocks out all memories of the event. Secondly, when finally made to face the person, memories come through and she cannot contain herself. See how she is clutching her chest, as if her heart has been torn out? And how she's gasping for breath?"

"I would say with absolute certainty, that Brent Harris tore out her heart, ground it into dust, and then walked alway without looking back."

Her voice was completely monotone, as if she was reading it from a textbook. Her speech had silenced everyone, and then she opened her eyes, finding mine.

"Is it true?" she asked, her eyes filled with loathing.

I grinned widely. "Hole in one, baby."

There was a moment of utter silence.

"You bastard."

Her insult brought the rest of the crowd to its senses, and then they did the unexpected. The impossible. Something that had never happened before.

They all ganged up... on me.

They screamed accusations, pointed fingers and glared at me. I took a few steps back in shock. What was happening? How could this be happening? I was the King of the school! I ordered people around! This was MY territory!

"Woah, people!" I held up my hands, silencing them. "What's your problem? This happens all the time!"

A girl with curly blonde hair stepped forward. "Yes, it does. And we are sick of it, Brent Harris. You are not the ruler of us just because of your father!"

I snarled at her, and she realized what she had done. She tried to step backwards again, but then the crowd behind her yelled support at her, and she grinned happily.

"I've wanted to say that for a long time." she said, smiling.

"Yes, and I want to say something too!" a guy with messy brown hair came forward. "All us guys hate how you use all the girls here! They are not toys and you do not own them! Lidia was almost a gift to us, because she stopped you breaking all their hearts one after another! But now that's she is gone means that we are not going to let you start again!"

His speech was met with a roar, and several girls gave him hugs.

I gaped at them. Why was everyone suddenly turning against me? I disbelievingly scanned the angry crowd, and then I spotted Red.

"Red, help me out here!" I shouted at him desperately. The crowd quietened down a bit as they parted to let him through, until he stood at the front of the crowd.

"Tell them, Red!"

Red just looked at me for a few moments, and his gaze turned sad. Then he shook his head.

"No, Brent."

My jaw dropped open. "What?"

He lifted his head to meet my eyes. "No, Brent. You're a great friend when you want to be one, but sometimes you go too far. You just stepped over the line. MY line. I can't put up with you anymore, Brent."

"You need to learn how to treat people. Girls aren't toys, and guys aren't tools. I bet you don't even know half of the names of everyone in this school. It's because you don't care as long as they know your name."

"When you're ready to care about us, not only yourself, tell me, okay?"

He gave me one last pitying look before he turned and walked away. He didn't acknowledge the few pats on the backs he got, and walked quickly until he was out of sight.

It was silent as the huge mob stared at me, challenging me to say something.

But I couldn't.

The silence was broken by another one of Liza's sobs, and I glared at her in annoyance. Why could she shut up for a few minutes while I tried to organize my thoughts!

"We should get her to the nurse's. She might have some sleeping pills." Hailey said quietly, trying not to disturb Liza any more than she was.

"Good idea." Kane said, his voice hard. He glared at me once before he turned and scooped Liza up into his arms.

"Let's get out of here." Wes said, and he pulled Rosie with him through the crowd until they had disappeared.

I was left alone facing the whole school.

I shot them a glare before I turned on my heel and stalked out of the school.

That did NOT go as planned.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, you got your angry mob :D Sorry, I had to leave out the pitchforks and torches, that would be highly inappropriate :P

Anyways, hope you enjoyed!

LOVE YOU <3

P.S. Next upload... hm.... well, I spent most of today on this, which means I've done NO homework... so I might not have time this weekend again... so maybe next weekend? And I've given you like, what, four uploads this week? Don't worry, be happy :D

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

13K 471 35
Y/N white daughter of Jennifer and Nathaniel White, Sister of Lewis and Harris White. Senior at Elk Valley High School got suspend 3 months into the...
18.4K 444 12
𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫. [𝐀𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐜 𝐑𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐲] "Fuck." I moan, my eyes rolling to the top of my head as I arch my back. My hips involu...
87 0 10
Somewhere on the world, there is a boy living in Edrelia, a small town. When he was a baby, a young couple in their early twenties, found him in the...
81.3K 1.7K 54
You are working as a assistant teacher for a part time job to earn money. You are a shy person who haven't have many friends. You live alone on your...