If I Can't Have Senpai

By DollieSonikku

*New Version!!* If I can't have Senpai, then I'll have you until you can't bare the thought of ever leaving m... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42(End)

Chapter 29

632 19 26
By DollieSonikku

"W-What do you mean she was discharged...!" Satoru Orochi growled in disbelief.

Satoru was currently being treated by nurse Cherry. After Ayano had smashed his face with a food tray he was knocked for about an hour and eventually came to. The impact caused deep purple bruises to circle around his face and worst of all he had lost a front tooth. When he gazed into the compact mirror the nurse gave him all he could see was a pathetic doctor and who had failed miserably, his missing tooth would be a reminder of that.

"W-Well, her parents came in and took Ayano-chan out of our care. I don't know how they we able to get her out since she was deemed mentally unstable...but she's gone now and hopefully she can enjoy her life." Nurse Cherry replied as she gently placed an ice pack against Satoru's face who cringed at the sudden cold.

"No..No...it can't be!" Satoru said with gritted teeth. "That damn Ryoba probably pulled some strings...I had Ayano right where I wanted her. I could have cured her. I could have saved her from becoming a...a complete psycho!"

"O-Orochi-kun...please calm down...whats done is done...at least now you can put your attention to Haruka-chan." Nurse Cherry suggested while trying to remain optimistic in the situation.

"You don't understand, Ayano Aishi was under my care she was my responsibility and now she is out there probably hunting down a next victim that goes after her love interest."

"Orochi-kun...its not your problem anymore...you shouldn't stress about it.." Nurse Cherry tried to reason though she highly doubted that Ayano would do such a thing.

"It is my problem Nurse, I have to finish what I started. I can't live with myself knowing there's a psycho on the loose."

"Orochi-kun, you can't keep doing this to yourself...when was the last time you had a full night sleep...or more importantly, when was the last time you even saw your daughter...?"

"My daughter?...keh...she's an independent young woman who understands I won't always be home. She knew that since she was young." Satoru says standing up from the wooden chair and smoothing out his shirt.

"Orochi-kun..."

"You don't need to worry about me, Nurse Cherry. I knew right when I started my degree that this kind of job isn't for the weak-minded. Now, if you'll excuse me I'll be going back to my office now." Satoru says with his back to her as he walked towards the door.

Nurse Cherry felt her heart drop. Satoru was so dedicated to his job that it was taking a toll on his social relationships and family. He wanted to help Ayano but much against her will. He always wanted to save everyone. But maybe he was the one who truly needed saving.

"S-Satoru-kun....!" Nurse Cherry suddenly blurted out and immediately her faced flushed red when she realized she called him by his first name. Satoru paused but didn't turned to her, his hand rested on the silver knob of the door.

"What is it nurse?" Satoru asked as he turned his head slightly to her. His thunderous grey eyes seem to pierce right through her that she had the urge to look away.

"I...If...you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. I'll listen to whatever is troubling you." Nurse Cherry says softly but in a serious tone. She was willing to listen to him and most importantly be there for him.

This time Satoru turned his whole body to her and stared at her for a few seconds before parting his lips.

"I told you, you don't need to-" Satoru goes to say but was quickly caught off.

"I know, but you have to remember you're just human. You can't always overwork yourself and distance yourself from people, it'll just hurt you in the end." Nurse Cherry reasoned again.

"...Alright, I'll keep that in mind." Satoru replies as he averted his eyes from the nurse and opened the door. He looked back at her once more before exiting through the doors leaving her alone in the office.

Nurse Cherry watched him go and felt her heart immediately ache once again. Her gaze dropped to the floor and she held her hands tightly. Because she knew her words didn't reach him at all.

_____________________________________________________________

By time Budo had ran outside with Ayano in his arms it was nearly night time. The sky was a dark blue and glittered with stars while the moon dully shined behind the cyan-colored clouds. A few night walkers strolled down the peaceful streets and a few cyclists road their bikes steadily down the road.

Budo ran down the street easily passing light intersections and roads. He didn't slow his running until he began to recognize the town. The town was colored in orange from the lighting of the shop and restaurants with the silhouettes of a few dwellers lingering around and browsing.

Budo began to slow his pace until he was walking down the sidewalk of the town. He passed by clothing stores, bars and then fast food restaurants while getting the occasional stares from people passing by.

"Ah, young love." A man murmured as he walked passed Budo rendering him flustered.

"Budo-Senpai...I-I can walk. I know I must be heavy..." Ayano says looking up at him with an equally embarrassed face.

"Ah, you're not heavy at all. I don't mind carrying you I'm strong after all." Budo grinned at her making Ayano avert her charcoal eyes quickly.

"I know that, but people are staring at us and that man just now thought we were lovers." Ayano replied with a small pout on her face.

"That's great."

"What?"

"Nothing, nothing!" Budo quickly said dismissively. He had absentmindedly spoke his opinion, what an idiot he was. He gently placed Ayano down and scratched the back of his head with a weary grin.

"Okay.." Ayano said with a puzzled look before holding his leather jacket closer to her body. She unconsciously looked at everyone's face that passed her wondering if they could see her bra. Ayano bowed her head down in embarrassment as she walked down the sidewalk with the Martial Arts Leader.

Budo had both his arms behind this head as he took in the sight of the passing people. He spotted a young boy happily eating ice cream while holding his mothers hand. Budo felt his heart hurt at the sight. He could still remember those nights when his mother would take him out for late night sweets. It would always make him feel better after a stressful day at the Dojo.

"Mnn...." Ayano let out a nervous whimper.

Budo peeked a glance over at her and noticed she was fiddling with the zipper of his leather jacket. It appeared to be stuck and she was desperately trying to zip it up while sparing worried glances at people passing by. Budo let out a chuckle.

"Here, let me help you with that." Budo said placing his hand over Ayano's shoulder and halting her from walking.

"N-No...!" Ayano quickly dismissed with her face bright red.

"Why not?" Budo asked puzzled as he tilted his head.

"Y-You'll see them...!" Ayano quickly muttered while tugging at the sides of the jacket close to her chest.

"Oh, but Ayano, you have nothing to worry about. Besides, I seen you in the tub remember~?" Budo teased with half-lidded eyes and a cheeky grin.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!!" Ayano hissed with a completely red face while weakly hitting him.

"Hahaha, I'm just kidding. Honestly." Budo says putting his hands up in defeat. He smiled at her lovingly, he missed this. "I won't look so let me help you."

"Idiot..." Ayano scoffed with hints of red still on her cheeks.

"Such a sensitive girl." Budo commented as he took a hold of the zipper and easily wiggled it free zipping the jacket up until it no longer revealed her torso. Ayano let out a sigh of relief as the anxiety quickly left her.

"Thank you..." She murmured softly as she pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. Budo smiled and patted her head.

"No problem, you can always count on me." Budo said in his usual heroic voice.

"Don't be so full of yourself." Ayano pouted as she looked away from him for she had just realized his heroic voice was quite attractive. "W-Where are we going anyways?"

"We're going to go to the Ramen shop, I'm sure Mr. Sakimoto will let us stay the night." Budo replied easily. He needed to sort things out and decide what was the best course of action to take.

"Oh...okay." Ayano replied quietly. She didn't forget her last encounter with the Ramen shop owner, Mr. Sakimoto. It was the time when Budo was poisoned and when Ayano's true colors was briefly revealed to the old man. It was going to be awkward when they meet once again.

"Hey, you alright?" Budo asked noticing her dreadful expression.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine, I'm just...tired." Ayano quickly replied.

"Don't worry you'll get a good nights rest once we get there."

"I hope so..."

Ayano wished Budo's usual optimism was contagious. She was exhausted from today's events and her brain was currently in the process of locking away her recent harassment with the janitor. Being able to be in a bed that was not under the mental hospital's roof seemed like a dream come true.

Unconsciously, Ayano's eyes wandered back to Budo. He was staring straight ahead with a small smile on his face as he walked. her eyes then lowered down to his neck, the small knife wound he had received was completely visible with dried blood that had trailed down from it. Ayano gritted her teeth in frustration. She was so helpless when he was being used as a hostage, she wanted to scream and attack that bastard janitor that held Budo's life in his hands. But she was unable to do anything but obey the man's sick demands. When had she become so weak?

"Ah, we're here!" Budo sighed in relief. Ayano quickly snapped out of her thoughts and looked up. Currently, the closed sign was up against the doors but the restaurants lights were still on and Mr. Sakimoto's could be seen counting the money in the cash register.

Budo knocked on the door before opening it and letting them inside the warm restaurant.

"We're closed-" Mr.Sakimoto said automatically but abruptly stopped when he looked up to see the pair. The money he was counting slid from his hands.

"Mr.Sakimoto, its been a while hasn't it!" Budo said happily walking towards the old man.

"Budo, my boy!" Mr.Sakimoto cried as he quickly walked up to the boy and brought him into a tight hug. It was as if it was a reunion between a father and a son. Ayano watched the two of them silently. It was obviously Mr.Sakimoto was worried about him, after all, the last time he saw him he was poisoned and carried off.

"Sorry I haven't come to visit you, you must have had your hands full." Budo says with a weak smile on his face.

"Oh, don't worry about that! Are you okay? I was so worried!"

"Y-Yeah I'm fine, Ayano took care of me." Budo said gesturing over to Ayano who awkwardly hid behind him.

"Aya-chan?" Mr.Sakimoto craned his head over Budo's shoulder to look at her.

Ayano held her breath. This was it, he was going to be uneasy and awkward around her because of the poison incident. He wasn't going to look at her the same and may even convince Budo that she was crazy for not letting him call the ambulance. Just as Ayano braced herself to be brushed off or be given a stiff 'hello' she suddenly felt herself being hugged.

"H-Huh...?" Ayano blinked as Mr.Sakimoto had hugged her as well. But why, why would he hug her? Especially after all that she had done.

"Thank you, Aya-chan, I'm so glad you are safe too!" Mr.Sakimoto says as he pulled away from her with a kind smile on his aged face. His actions were sincere and his face showed no grudge and fear whatsoever.

Ayano felt her face heat up and quickly averted her eyes. Mr. Sakimoto was so fatherly and forgiving, she had never encountered an adult like this. She envied who was ever under his care.

"Mr.Sakimoto, if its alright with you. Do you mind if we stay over tonight, I promise I'll help you out with the morning shift." Budo said before bowing his down in respect. Ayano quickly followed in pursuit with her cheeks still red.

"M-Me too..." Ayano murmured softly.

"Raise your heads, of course you two can stay and I will gladly appreciate the help tomorrow." Mr. Sakimoto said with a kind smile on his face as he put a hand on both their shoulders. "I would let you guys use the guestroom upstairs but currently my niece is using it. I hope the backroom is still to your liking."

"Yeah its fine, I don't want to be an inconvenience." Budo replied.

"No worries my boy, you and Aya-chan are always welcome here."

"Thank you sir." Budo bowed his head again and then turned to Ayano with a smile. "Lets go, Ayano"

Ayano nodded and walked with him to the backroom. Budo swung open the door revealing the small room with the cot.

"Hahh, finally..." Budo sighed tiredly as he stretched his arms.

Ayano looked at the room with a small smile on her face. In this room her and Budo shared so many memories despite it being small.

"Mr.Sakimoto is really nice, he didn't even ask why we needed to stay the night." Ayano commented as she closed the door behind them.

"That's because he trusts us." Budo replied while walking towards the cot. He stared at it for a moment. Was he and Ayano going to have to share again? Not that he would mind that but he wanted to respect Ayano's personal space.

"Hey...Budo-Senpai." Ayano's voice made him snap out of his flustered thoughts.

"Hm...?" Budo quickly looked back at her.

"Erm....thank you..." Ayano murmured pointing her two index fingers together.

"Eh..? For what?"

"....For what you did back at the hospital...and....for saving me from..from...that man..." Ayano stammered as her mind flashed back to the dreadful man and his assault.

"Ayano...you don't have to thank me for that. I told you from the start that I would also be there for you."

"Budo-Senpai... you always seem to be rescuing me."

"Heh....I guess that makes me your one and only hero." Budo said with a cheeky grin on his face and both hands behind his head.

"Yes..." Ayano said softly with a small smile on her lips. She walked up to Budo until she was in front of him.

"Eh...Ayano?"Budo looked at her curiously when he suddenly felt her hand rest on his shoulder while her other hand rested on the back of neck. Budo blinked in surprise and felt his whole body froze. Ayano leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on his neck next to his wound.

"Nn..! A-Ayano...!?"Budo felt his breath hitched at the delicate touch, he could feel his face instantly turn red. Ayano slowly moved away and Budo unconsciously touched his neck.

"You're my hero, Budo-Senpai..." Ayano said softly with a sweet smile on her face.

"....I....I....!" Budo, once again a stammering mess quickly turned his head away shyly. His heart was violently slamming itself against his rib cage and he had to resist the urge to tackle the girl.

"Goodnight Budo-Senpai." Ayano chuckled as she poked his forehead making him snap out of his stupor as if she knew she was occupying his thoughts. She walked away from him and settled herself into the bed to sleep.

"Ye-yeah, I'm going to get some water!" Budo said quickly as an excuse to leave the room. He quickly left and gently shut the door behind him before sliding onto the floor. He brought a hand to his chest and took in a deep breath.

He almost seemed like a school girl who was literally melting after talking to their crush for the first time. Ayano always seem to surprise him like this. He consciously touched his neck where she had kissed him. He was filled with the sudden desire to kiss her neck too and leave his mark on her. He gulped at the thought and sighed remembering that he just left the room because he degraded himself into stammering love-sick mess.

"Keh...that was so uncool." Budo groaned and leaned his back against the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.1K 961 21
Just a collection of imagines Please read because it makes me happy *Complete*
492 12 11
"When you get together I expect $50." "You're never going to get that money," Osamu said from his side of the room. "Rin's a pussy." Rewrite of my ye...
40.8K 957 26
!¡ ❝ ive never felt like i needed to love someone but when i met you, that changed. 𝗛𝗔𝗜𝗞𝗬𝗨𝗨 © 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗨𝗜𝗖𝗛𝗜 𝗙𝗨𝗥𝗨𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗣𝗟𝗢𝗧 © _𝗸...
32.7K 821 23
A thing I'm writing about my ship idek if anyone else ships this oh well