Her Weakness (Emma x reader)

By anna_mma

Emma x reader ----------- 'Why does the girl who puts everyone before herself have to be my weakness' Y/n is... More

Prologue
Y/n's Information Folder
Chapter 1 | Grace Field House
Chapter 3 | Little Bunny
Chapter 4 | All A Lie

Chapter 2 | Behind the Fence

1.1K 39 15
By anna_mma

"Can you please play, (Y/N)" Emma has been whining in your ear for the past five minutes, begging you to play a game of tag with her. The only time that the ginger would really annoy you is when she would start begging or pouting . Which is what's she's doing right now.

You tried to shift your head around looking anywhere but at her cute little pouting face, knowing very well if you looked at her for too long you would soon cave.

"How about I play the next game?" You said, looking directly at both of your shoes. You noticed that Emma started to move closer towards you. You raised your eyes to look at her face but you were met with her pinky instead.

"Pinky promise?" you signed and raised your pinky towards hers to connect them. Starting to pull both of your hands away from your face, keeping your two fingers locked. Staring into her emerald-green eyes. Emma had a big smile on her face with a little blush to complement it.

"I promise. You should go they already started." You disconnected your pinkies and pointed at the running kids behind her. She looked over her shoulder and quickly back at you. Giving you a big smile before running off into the woods.

You walked over to Ray and Norman. Once you finally finished you walk towards them, you leaned on the tree and slowly sliding down it feeling the bark rug against the blades of your back. Norman looked over at you and Ray, the black haired boy took one of his hands off of his book and shoved it into his pocket.

Ray pulled out an old pocket watch and looked back at Norman, signalling to him that he can start seeking. The albino haired boy just nodded at the two of you and ran off.

It was quiet for a few minutes, the only noise that could be heard was your low humming, the whistling of the wind shuffling the leaves that were above your head, and Ray flipping the pages of his book ever so often.

But that peace ended when Ray decided to open his big mouth. "You're so smitten for her" Opening one of your eyes to look over at him, who was still reading his novel.

"What are you talking about?" Now opening both of your eyes to look directly at the dark haired boy. Ray removed his eyes from the book in his hands and turned his head in your direction. "Emma. It's so obvious that you're in love with her" he had a big smirk on his face which you wanted so badly to smack off.

"Am not." You said to him, lying right through your teeth. He looked at you narrowing his eyes then started to laugh. "Yeah sure. You're more obvious than Norman" Ray's statement grabbed your attention, you looked at him a little confused with frown eyebrows.

He Looked at you for a second before his eyes started to widen. "Wait, you didn't know?" Blinking a few times you asked, "Know what?" hoping that he wasn't going to say what you were thinking.

"Normans pretty much in Love with Emma. I'm surprised you haven't noticed." You felt your heart drop once Ray finished his sentence. He then went back to reading his book while you just sat there with a new formed pit in your stomach.

-Time Skip-

Every few minutes kids would come out of the bushes complaining about how Norman got them too easy or that they needed more time to hide. The only person who hasn't been caught by the white haired boy was Emma. Thinking that Emma has finally beaten Norman but the hope you had for the girl soon disappeared when you could see Emma's orange hair emerging from the woods with Norman trailing behind her.

Emma walked up to you and fell face first right by your feet. "He caught me again. Why? It's so frustrating. The only person who has ever beat Norman is (Y/N)." The ginger said with a muffled tone because of her face being shoved in the grass.

"Question. What does Norman and (Y/N) have that you don't?" Ray asked, taking his eyes away from his book and onto whining girl. Emma looked up at the sky trying to come up with an answer, "Hmm.. Because they have the ability to plan ahead? They're both calm? Overwhelming intelligence?"

"Strategy" You looked away from Ray to see Emma's reaction to which was just plain confusion. "Just think if it's about physical ability, you have the upper hand. That's of course subtracting (Y/N) from the equation" Ray pointed at you. Which is true because both Emma and you have the same physical abilities.

"But it's more than that. Norman has brains like no other." The black haired boy now pointed at his head. "Playing tag is a game where you can compete with strategy." Emma's face showed even more confusion than before not really understanding what Ray was trying to tell her. "In a game of tag?"

"In the way I see it tag is like chess, but using your entire body." You started to move yourself away from the tree and closer to Emma. "Isn't that right, Norman, (Y/N)?" I just gave Ray a nod and looked at Norman to see his reply.

"Yeah. But you're a better tactician than all of us, Ray." Norman said with a closed eye smile. "I don't know about that." The black haired boy looked at his lap fiddling with the pages of his book.

"Reading the enemy's moves, huh?" Emma questioned while laying her head on your lap, while you just started to play with her wavy hair. "But we're not even close when it comes to mom."

"That's true. We're never beaten her at chess except for (Y/N). Hey how did you beat mom?" Emma looked up at you with curiosity linked in her voice. "It wasn't that hard. I just analyzed her every move. And whenever she was thinking about a peace to move I would stare right into her eyes. A person's eyes can tell you everything you need to know.

Emma looked up at you with amazement sparkling in her green eyes. "Norman" You looked over to see Don yelling over at the four of you, pointing right at Norman. "I want a rematch. Next game, everyone will be 'it' except you."

"Come on, (Y/N). You said you'd play the next game." Emma got up from your lap and started to pull you away so Norman could go hide.

-Time skip-

You and Emma were both quietly walking around the forest looking for the albino boy. While you were walking Emma suddenly stopped in her tracks making you bump into her back. Looking over her shoulder you saw that she stopped right in front of the fents that was blocking you off from the other side of the woods.

Turning your head slightly to the left, there stood Norman only a few meters away from the both of you, looking at the other side of the short fents. He looked over the you two, Emma started to walk over to him and placed her hand on his shoulder while you stayed where you were. Staring directly at the fents.

'Never go over this fence' That's what Isabella said to you after she found you trying to hop over it when you were seven.

There stood a seven year old girl with (h/l) (h/c) hair, she was supposed to be playing hide and seek with the rest of her siblings but she stopped trying to find a hiding spot when she came across a small fence.

She's seen it before but never came this close to it. (Y/N) reached her arm out touching the metal fence. The girl felt the cold rust between her small fingers. Looking up at the other side there was a forest identical to the one behind her. She was about to jump over it till she felt a hand gripping her waist pulling her away from the fence.

She turned her head around to see Mama panting a little with widened eyes. "(Y/N) never try to go over that fence again." The black haired woman said trying to even her breathing out.

"Why" (Y/N) asked. Isabella Just grabbed the little girl's wrist and started walking towards the house. The (e/c) eyed girl looking at the fence one last time before letting her mother pull her away.

You were pulled out of your flashback by Ray's voice. "That's obviously a lie." You pulled your hand away from the fence which was only a few centimeters away from your hand, you don't even remember walking over to the fence let alone almost touching it.

"What do you mean?" Norman asked, you started to walk over to Emma's side. "Well just look at it. What part of this is dangerous?" looking back over at the fance, having the same thoughts as Ray. If you wanted to you could just step over it. "The french is low, and I don't see anything threatening."

Moving your eyes away from the fence and over to the woods behind it. 'There has to be a reason why it's here. What is this fence keeping us away from?' frowning your eyebrows a little you looked down at your feet. 'Is it keeping things out or us in?'

—————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...