toxic | j. baker¹

By baxteravenue

In which the "it girl" with daddy issues and the quarterback with daddy issues connect over a mutual bond of... More

cast list
playlist
character description
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
book 2

twenty-six

4K 89 40
By baxteravenue

It had been a couple of weeks since Luna's birthday and a lot had happened in Beverly Hills and Crenshaw for that matter. But, she had no part in it, her mother had found it fitting to take her daughter away just a couple of weeks before the end of school for a girl's trip. They had gone to Palm Springs to meet up with her Aunt on her mother's side who she had rarely ever seen.

Despite Palm Spring being a somewhat nice vacation spot, Luna wasn't the biggest fan of it. Only agreeing to go for her mother's sake and her aunt's. But, once they arrived back home, her first stop was to see her best friend which resulted in her being roped into a yoga session with Spencer, Layla, and JJ.

Luna took a deep breath, placing her palms down onto her yoga mat, eyeing the goat that had climbed onto Spencer's back. She shook her head softly wondering how the hell a stop to see her best friend had resulted in goat yoga.

"What's with the goats?" Luna finally asked.

"First of all, I think I speak for all of us when I say, two weeks away is way too long for you to be gone," Layla sighed. "And for the goats, they help your heart by being cute."

Liv glared at JJ. "And the goats weren't my idea."

"I thought 'GOAT' stood for greatest of all time," JJ opened his mouth, trying to defend himself.

"Sometimes," Spencer sighed, fed up. "It's just goat, man."

"I'm sorry, okay?" the blonde apologized. "This week sucks. Goats are peeing everywhere, coach is suspended, Spence might not play, and the venue for the jamboree party fell through."

Luna puffed out her cheeks, falling flat onto her stomach. "What the hell did I miss while I was gone?"

"Wait," Layla glanced at him. "What happened to the venue?"

"Someone forgot to send the deposit on time," JJ said, looking incredibly guilty. "It's not important who. I even had the perfect theme...Pajama jammy jamboree!"

"If you need a venue that bad, JJ," Luna propped her chin in her hand. "My house is free. I'm sure I can convince my parents to leave for the night."

"Why don't I host?" Layla offered. "Doesn't Peter have a precious car collection? I'm sure he wouldn't like a bunch of drunk football players running around."

"Good point," she pointed her finger. "Your house it is."

"Maybe that's not the best idea," Liv uneasily stared at her.

"Yeah, it ain't just for Beverly," Spencer informed. "It's for all the teams in the jamboree."

"Well, it's a good thing my house is big," Layla quipped. "Parties weren't my problem, it was the party crasher in my head, and she's been quiet lately. It'll be fine, I promise."

"Where is Jordan?" Spencer asked. "Why isn't he suffering through this?"

"He stayed back to talk to his dad," JJ stared down at the mat.

Once everyone had left the house after the very strange session of yoga, Luna and Liv had retreated over to the living room. In hopes to catch up on everything, the former had missed while she was away.

Luna crossed her legs, staring wide-eyed at Liv. "So, what did I miss?"

"I have to tell you something about Asher," Liv confessed. "But, you can't tell anyone. Not even him."

She glanced around the room for listening ears before leaning over to whisper. "Is this about the...steroids?"

"What?" Liv gasped. "How'd you know?"

"Asher and I talked a lot while I was in Palm Springs," she shrugged, nonchalantly. "He even told me about your failed attempt at a little sexy time..."

"Ew!" Olivia grimaced. "You two are way too close!"

"Okay, he's the one who told me!" she argued. "I would never tell him about me having sex with Jordan or anyone else for that matter."

Liv shot her a horrified expression. "You and my brother did...that?"

Luna blushed slightly, glancing down at the couch. "He was my boyfriend, Olivia."

"No, no," Liv shook her head. "I can't talk about this. Moving on! Oh...there is one more thing. But, I'm not sure how you'll handle it."

"Just tell me," she sighed. "I can handle it."

"Jordan had Simone stay here for a week," Liv confessed. "She left but...I just felt like you should know."

Luna's heart felt as if it had shattered. The thought of Simone infiltrating in the one place that had felt like her second home was absolutely heartbreaking.

"Hey," Liv grabbed her hand. "You okay?"

"Fine," Luna feigned a smile. "He's not my problem. Um, I should go back home. I still need to unpack and all of that."

"You can tell me if you're not okay," Liv proceeded to push her. "I'm your best friend."

"I have no right to be upset," Luna spat. "He's single, I'm single. And I am going to do what I do best at this party. Find a random person and hook up with them."

♡♡♡

Luna had adjusted the silk robe she was wearing that had been paired with a short pair of satin shorts and a matching bra top. She had decided on attending the party alone not really in the mood to listen to Olivia ask if she's okay on repeat. And Asher had opted out of the party due to the whole steroids thing, so he was obviously not an option.

She ventured inside Layla's house immediately making her way over to the bar area and fixing herself a drink. Despite her words earlier, it definitely wasn't her plan to find a random person to hook up with but if she found herself doing that, then so be it. She was single and clearly, Jordan was moving on.

"Luna Ramirez never thought I'd see the day that you were standing at a party all alone."

Luna turned to face the voice, immediately widening her eyes at the person. "Jake? When did you transfer to Westlake?"

"A while ago," Jake answered. "Malibu just wasn't cutting it anymore. I assume you still go to Beverly."

She sipped on her drink and nodded. "You'd be correct."

"You here with anyone?" he asked. "A friend? Boyfriend?"

A small smile tugged on the ends of her mouth. "Nope. Why?"

"Come hang out with me and my Westlake buddies," Jake gestured to the backyard. "You can see how much better we are than those Beverly boys you hang out with."

She looked at his outstretched hand hesitantly before nodding her head. Their hands remained locked with each other as they made their way out to the backyard by the ping pong table and over to the obnoxious group of Westlake boys.

A light-skinned guy was the first to approach as they walked over to them. "Delgado, who's your pretty friend?"

"Dane, this is Luna," Jake gestured to her. "Luna, this is Dane."

She stuck her hand out and flashed him a smile. "It's nice to meet you."

"Back at you," Dane checked her out, sending her a flirtatious grin. "How do you know my boy, Jake?"

"Oh," she flushed red. "We used to...date? Or something like that."

Dane waved them off and grabbed a beer and began to chug it. The rest of the boys had started to chant his name while Jake and Luna were too occupied with each other to even pay attention to the drinking competition going on.

Jordan had stormed over to them. "Hey, you Dane Kohler?"

"I guess my reputation precedes me," Dane said, cockily. "Still, no autographs till after jamboree, okay, buddy?"

"So you know Simone Hicks, then?" Jordan asked, his eyes had drifted to the side and eyed Luna who was practically stuck to Jake's side.

Luna rolled her eyes at Jordan's question pertaining to Simone and walked off just in time to miss him and Dane almost getting in a fight. It had seemed as if the world revolved around those two for some reason because as much as she tried to rid herself of Jordan and Simone they just seemed to pop up.

She wandered back over to the bar area fixing herself another drink since she had left hers outside. Jake had slowly abandoned the boys outside and made his way over to Luna, something that Jordan had seemed to notice once he noticed the two had been awfully close.

"Why did you leave?" Jake asked.

"Didn't really wanna listen to my ex-boyfriend get into a fight over Simone Hicks," she scoffed."

"Ex-boyfriend?" he raised his eyebrow, standing in front of her. "So you are capable of being in a relationship with someone?"

She placed her elbows onto the countertop and threw her head back in a fit of laughter. "Very funny."

Jake leaned over, brushing his lips softly against her the shell of her ear. "What do you say we get outta here?"

"Hey!" Jordan stormed over to them. "Luna, is he bothering you?"

"No, Jordan, he's not," Luna scoffed. "In fact, we were just about to get out of here..." she pushed her weight off of the counter and held her hand out to Jake. "Weren't we?"

"Yeah, we were," Jake smirked, grabbing her hand. "See you, later, Baker."

Luna shot Jordan an innocent grin as she passed by him, keeping her hand locked with Jake's.

2x15

A/N: I purposely skipped episodes 02x13 and 02x14 since I couldn't find a way to work her into those episodes. I finally finished school and I literally can't stop writing.😳

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 4K 42
Previously named Above and Beyond.
8.8K 275 7
"𝙜𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙮. 𝙥𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙣."
31.2K 952 20
After Olivia's relapse in her senior year of high school, she is sent to a treatment facility in Baltimore. Far away from home, she begins a new life...
179K 8.7K 37
-𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ᵀᵒʳʸ ᴺⁱᶜʰᵒˡˢ '𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞. ...