Little Wing - Bucky Barnes x...

By dyspneagrime

James 'Bucky' Barnes/OC AU ~~~ The year is 1973. All Dove Rogers wanted was a relaxing summer. Just one l... More

Introduction
Arrivals and Forbearance
The Future
Acquiescence
Messy
The Game
Like Heaven
Cherry Schnapps
Burn
Cotton Candy and Bloody Noses
My Girl
Tease
Bittersweet
Sanctuary
The Bubble
No Rules Pt. 2
Us and Them
Lovebirds
Nineteen Candles
Transparency
Stay
Promises and Departures
The Courage to Fly

No Rules Pt. 1

139K 1.7K 15.2K
By dyspneagrime

A/N: BESTIE GUESS WHAT JUST HAPPENED. (I got a coffee after work today and finished this up. THAT'S what just happened.)

Camping trip time! I was considering making a chapter for each part, but it felt way too drawn out so I smushed two days into this one chapter and cut out some details. So this bad boy is a long one. (I feel like I say that every chapter)

Also, before anyone says anything about hygiene in either of these chapters, just don't. I always saw that in my Possessed comments and it annoyed me. It's fiction, so who cares? I don't include every last detail of everything they do because who wants to read about that when you can read about how hot Bucky is?  Ya'll sound like children worrying about that stuff.

WARNINGS: Underage drinking and drug use (seriously lots of beer and weed), innocence kink, praise kink, a smidge of jealousy. The antics in these chapters are a little bit toxic, so keep in mind that this is all for fun and ~not real~!

~

~ Day One ~

Dove was rudely pulled from her nap by the loud cranking sound of the parking brake, followed by the sound of a car door squeaking open, then being kicked shut. Her eyes finally shot open in annoyance, seeing that her dad was standing on the other side of her window staring back at her where she was curled up in the backseat.

"Up and at 'em," he said with a jerk of his head, his gruff voice muffled by the glass.

She cringed, rubbing her eyes. The sore tendon in her neck ached as she turned her head to see that Wanda was sitting up and yawning. A mountain of blankets and their backpacks were nestled between them. Discarded wrappers of candy and chips were littered around the floor. "Fucking hell, sleeping in a car sucks," Dove griped.

"No kidding," Wanda agreed.

Sarah looked over her shoulder from the front seat, taking in the girls' appearances and their mess. "It was only a few hours. How did you two manage to ruin the backseat so quickly?" They both shrugged, laughing to themselves and in turn triggering Sarah's own laugh. "Well just make sure you grab your garbage on your way out," she reminded them as she opened her own door and stepped out.

Dove looked back out the window, squinting at the bright sunlight. Through a small winding path just off the dirt road held the campsite she had visited every summer since she was little.

The spot was hidden in the mountains, right on the edge of a massive river. Wide enough that throwing a rock across the water would be tough work. The towering evergreens native to the northwest towered over everything around them, including the dense forestry that was sitting overgrown as ever. It wasn't a commercial camping site. It was 'real' camping as Joseph liked to say.

Dove tilted her head back and forth, hearing a loud crack coming from her neck followed by a blissful feeling of relief. Overwhelmed with the need to crack every last joint in her body, she got out of the car and stood beside the open door while she proceeded to twist and stretch every last extremity she had.

Wanda pretended to gag from over the top of the car, absolutely hating the sound of someone cracking their knuckles— or neck, or back, or anything else Dove was in that moment. "Shut the hell up. I'm hurting," Dove groaned before bending down to touch her toes.

Once she felt like the aches in her body were mostly gone, she and Wanda gathered all of their trash and shoved it into their backpacks. Then strapped them on their backs and turned to walk through the bushes to where they'd set up their tent.

Right as they started their trek, a red truck that they knew to be Sam's came whipping down the dirt road. Music blaring from inside. Three massive men squished shoulder to shoulder in the cabin.

Dove could see Bucky eyeing her through the windshield with a barely visible curl in his lips. They all stepped out and the girls stayed rooted to their spots. "How the hell did we beat you here?" Dove called over. "We left the house after you."

"This," Sam started, reaching both hands into the bed of the truck, "is why." He finished his sentence as he pulled out two giant racks of beer. "We made a stop by the store right as they were opening to stock up. And there's more where this came from." He strode over towards the girls, smiling down at them. "Good to see you two."

"Good to see you too, Sam," Dove replied. "Just carrying the beer then?" she teased.

"Hey. I drove, so I get to carry whatever I damn well please," he argued with his very valid point. He clearly had his priorities straight. Wanda patted Dove on the shoulder before following behind him, leaving her waiting for the two remaining men.

Bucky and Steve both loaded themselves up with their backpacks and just about anything else they could carry along with them— coolers, lanterns, shooting and fishing gear— then strode towards Dove. "How was the drive?" Steve asked her.

"Eh, just what you'd expect." She shrugged, tucking her thumbs into the straps of her heavy backpack. "I slept through about half of it and spent the other half coughing through dad's smoke."

"Sounds about right." He raised his brows and cocked his head as he chuckled. Knowing firsthand how their dad hated rolling the windows down but insisted on chain-smoking through long drives. "Well, let's make the most of this weekend, okay? Let's just try to have fun."

The subtext of his words being— don't start shit with dad. Dove understood. She rolled her eyes, conceding with a nod. When he turned to walk off, she finally peeked up at Bucky, trying to fight back a smile. But in doing so, it just turned into an adorably shy expression. "Hi," she nearly cooed.

"Hey, Dove," he replied politely, successfully hiding every bit of excitement her fake reserved attitude sent shooting through him.

The game had begun.

She spun on her heel and jogged in the opposite direction, following behind Steve through the thick greenery and unintentionally giving Bucky a great view of how short her shorts were.

When they made it to the end of the short dirt path, the clearing came into view. Joesph had already pitched his and Sarah's tent at the far corner of the space and was working on setting up a couple of chairs for them.

It looked like Sam was pretty busy multitasking. Multitasking as in sipping on a beer and making Wanda nearly tear up from laughing so hard at whatever it was he had said to her. Neither of them were making any kind of effort to set up camp.

Dove fought for Wanda's attention and was finally given just enough to pry her away from Sam's incredibly charming presence. The two of them made a few trips back and forth to the car, grabbing all of their things and creating a pile.

Bucky and Steve eventually started to do the same after they each cracked open a beer for themselves, hoping to ease the slightly annoying task of unloading the truck along with trying to get the party going— even if it was before noon.

With everyone diligently working on setting up, they were completely settled by the top of the hour, before the sun had hit its midday peak.

Dove was crawling out of her tent, dressed for a hike with Wanda. As she stood to her feet, she nearly toppled right back to her knees when she saw Bucky standing just outside of his own tent only a few yards away.

He had his hand tucked under his t-shirt, lifting the hem of it to wipe the sweat off his face. In the process, revealing his stupidly perfect washboard abs and that delicious v-cut that led straight between his legs. And with the way the scorching sun was hitting him, he looked like fucking art. Like a marble sculpture. Like Michelangelo's David.

Dove swallowed hard and forced herself to continue standing to her feet. He side-eyed her and his head tilted back, defining his squared jaw that much more. Flashing her a ridiculously arrogant smirk when he realized she had been staring.

She quickly averted her gaze, turning around to find Wanda like she had planned before that tempting obstacle of a man came into view.

"Ohhh fuck you, you sexy motherfucker," she spat angrily under her breath as she stormed over to the river. She punched the air in irritation, grunting. Pretending the breeze was Bucky's dumb perfect face. Passing by a tree, she kicked the trunk of it just for good measure. Forgetting that her sneakers weren't sturdy enough to protect her toes, she winced in pain. "Shit."

Dove genuinely thought that she was going to win the bet, but she realized then that she was the weak one in this situation. She had to be smart— smarter than Bucky. She had to outplay him. And they did agree to no rules. Her anger faded and she smiled to herself at the thought.

Already calculating all the kinds of torture she could put Bucky through as she approached Wanda, who was standing on a boulder just off the edge of the river.

"I need your help, Wands."

"Did the tent fall over?" Wanda asked, keeping her eyes set on the view as if she had fully expected it.

"It's fine... for now," Dove joked, knowing that the two of them did a pretty shoddy job getting it up in the first place. Especially since neither of them were incredibly handy women. She jerked her head for Wanda to follow her towards the path for their hike. "I'll tell you on the way."

Dove didn't bring up her concerns until they were deep enough into the woods, about halfway up to the peak they were headed to. "So, I need help with Bucky," she admitted, still speaking quietly out of habit.

"What's going on?"

"We made a bet that we could," she paused, trying to find a way to put it delicately, "outlast the other's... needs." She cringed even as she said it, confused by her own choice of words.

Wanda made a face that bordered on mocking and humored. "I'm sorry, what?" she half-laughed, half-panted as they ascended the steep incline.

Dove pinched the bridge of her nose. "We basically made a bet to see who would try to fuck the other first on the trip," she explained bluntly.

"Ohhh," Wanda raised her brows "...sounds hot."

"Yeah, exactly," Dove grumbled, already feeling overwhelmed with the anticipatory weight. "So whoever caves and tries to make a move first, loses. Even kissing or touching— basically anything that we wouldn't want to be caught doing."

Wanda's eyes narrowed, looking to the path ahead of them. "Thought I told you not to do anything sneaky while we're here."

Dove shrugged guiltily.

"You're an idiot," Wanda grumbled. "So, exactly why do you need my help?"

"I really want to win. I don't need your help just yet, but I might need you to distract Steve and Sam or my parents or whatever."

"You need me to be your wing-woman," she surmised, softening to the idea.

"Exactly."

Making a humph sound in her throat, Wanda nodded in the affirmative. "Whatever you need, Dovey. We'll make sure you win this bet." She scrunched her nose, smiling excitedly. "This is gonna be fun," she squealed, clapping her hands.

"Don't get too excited. The guy is smart, so it's gonna be tough," Dove huffed, out of breath.

"Maybe you just need to play dirty then."

"We did both agree on no rules, so teasing is on the table. Because how else am I supposed to win when he looks how he does? He doesn't even have to do anything and I'm fucking weak in the knees."

"Yeah, he is kinda dreamy," Wanda agreed, laughing.

Dove smiled, wagging her brows as she looked over to Wanda. "No shit," she teased, swiping her hand over her damp forehead, feeling a cooling bead of sweat dripping down the back of her neck where her hair was tied up.

"You can get to him too though. I mean he's obviously crazy about you," she chuckled. "You just need to think about something that he likes and use it against him. You'll figure it out."

The two of them climbed on top of a massive boulder. Their clammy hands gripped tightly to the rock as they found ridges to hook their feet to. "I fucking h—hope so," Dove wheezed, as she yanked herself up to the top. She helped Wanda up, then brushed her hands off on her shorts, letting out a puff of air as they took in the view.

"I'm sure an opportunity will present itself sooner or later," Wanda replied, staring out at the scenery.

From where they stood, they could see for miles and miles. Mountain ranges sloped into deep valleys and rivers. Everything was covered in lush evergreens. Everything was overgrown and untouched.

"I was hoping to try something earlier while we were setting up camp, but he barely looked my way."

Wanda dropped down to sit on the boulder, shrugging off her backpack. "Then we just need to find a way to make him look your way," she said as she dug into her bag to pull out her stash.

Dove sat down beside her and they made quick work of rolling a couple of joints for themselves. They helped each other light them, shielding the flame of the lighter from the breeze with their hands. Once each of their joints were lit, they settled into their spots.

The longer they smoked, the more hazy their minds were. They sat in silence for a long while, processing their mutually swirling thoughts as they stared out at the panoramic view with low eyes, squinting through the bright sunlight. Strong wind dried the sweat from their skin and blew baby hairs into their faces that they continuously had to tuck behind their ears.

A conversation between two best friends that were stoned off their asses was probably one of the most wholesome experiences a person could experience. Both of them were just saying whatever popped into their head, whether it was as huge as theories about outer space or as small as what ants might think about. Everything sounded either prolific or like the funniest shit they had ever heard. Wholesome.

It was times like these when Dove felt a sort of sadness lingering in the back of her mind, knowing she'd have to say goodbye to her best friend at the end of the summer. Wanda would head off to New York to live out their mutual dream of escaping their hometown and Dove would be left to catch up whenever she could.

Although, she tried her damned hardest to keep up the happy front to her friend, not wanting to ruin the mood. She reminded herself that it would only be a short while until she was right there with her, making the absolute most of their lives.

The hike back to the campsite was much easier, with it being downhill and the weed making everything that much more entertaining. Even the way they were having to position their feet over the uneven terrain felt like a game of sorts.

They stopped a few times on the way, to munch on some of the wild, overgrown blackberries or just to laugh until tears filled their eyes, clutching their stomachs with how beside themselves they were over something as small as a weird noise coming from the bushes— somehow finding it fucking hilarious.

As they approached a bend in the river that would lead them right into their campsite, Dove grabbed Wanda by the shoulders, trying to make her expression as neutral as possible. "Are my eyes red?"

She snorted, covering her grin with her hand as she nodded. "Yeah, are mine?"

Dove nodded right back. "Shit... okay we can do this. Just act normal okay?" She took a breath and turned to lead them through the bushes, before peeking back over her shoulder. "And whatever you do, don't look my dad in the eye."

They carefully made their way through the brush, hopping between a couple of different logs and into the open space where their tents were set up. Dove scanned the area, relieved to see that no one was wandering around, so they rushed over to their tent. Giggling to themselves when they crawled inside, escaping the bite of the sun.

Falling onto the nest of sleeping bags and blankets they had created for themselves, they let out deep breaths, feeling completely spent from their physical strain. "It's so hot out, dude," Wanda sighed, letting her arms fall over her head.

"We should go swim." Dove tugged on the fabric of her t-shirt a few times as she spoke, lifting it from her sticky skin. She felt puffs of air cooling her torso that was damp with sweat. "It'd also clean us off, which I think we both need."

Once they changed into their bathing suits and grabbed their towels, they skipped barefoot through the campsite. They could hear loud conversation coming from the river, making it apparent that they wouldn't be alone. When they rounded the path, they saw that all of the guys were hanging out by the water.

Sam was cannonballing into the river off one of the smaller nearby cliffs while Steve and Bucky were standing on the rocks just off the water, fully clothed and surrounded by their fishing gear.

"We were supposed to be fishing, Sam," Bucky yelled as he threw his hands into the air, glaring down at him while he swam back to the surface. "You probably scared them all away now."

"It's hot and I want to cool off," he snapped back from where he was wading.

"Sounds like a good idea to me," Steve agreed, shrugging as he ripped his shirt off. "We can fish tomorrow, pal." Bucky rolled his eyes in response, sitting down on the edge of the rocks, his legs dangling over the water.

None of them had even seen Dove or Wanda yet from where they stood behind the group, watching the whole exchange. They laughed quietly amongst themselves over how Bucky angrily pouted about the unplanned change in activity. "Maybe you can cheer him up," Wanda suggested quietly, winking at Dove.

Her stoned brain slowly caught on, remembering that she was in a bikini and could definitely use it to her advantage. She waved a hand for Wanda to follow and walked towards the small cliff that Bucky and Steve were on. "Hey, losers," she called over.

They both whipped their heads around at the sound of her voice. Steve instantly dipped his chin and stared at her with a scrutinizing glare; whereas Bucky's eyes widened, his brow jumping a smidge.

Dove kept her expression friendly as she approached them, smiling at Steve, then letting her gaze linger on Bucky for a bit too long. She stopped just beside her brother and dropped her towel down by her feet as she looked out over the water, feeling both of them still locked in on her quite pointedly, but for very different reasons.

"You reek," Steve said to his sister. "You both do," he added, looking over to Wanda.

"Rude," Dove spat back, shoving him. "We just went on a hike, what do you expect?"

"Like pot," he clarified.

"Oh," she laughed. "Sorry." She shrugged, not sorry at all.

Steve looked down at Bucky for help, who then gave him yet another shrug in response— as his brain was much too focused on how much skin was exposed on Dove's body, rather than her apparent lack of sobriety.

"Just don't let mom and dad see you like this," Steve warned, looking back over to Dove. "They went out on the canoe and they'll probably be back in a bit."

"We're being super discreet," Wanda argued, looking up at Steve with her hands on her hips.

He took a moment to look between the girls, seeing just how low their eyes were before bursting out laughing. "Right," he said sarcastically. "Just... at least stay away from dad." He climbed down the rocks, slowly stepping into the water to join Sam with Wanda following behind, leaving the two love birds perched in their spots.

Dove purposefully rolled her shoulders and neck, reaching her arms over her head. Stretching and letting out the occasional soft sigh or groan. Bucky watched the whole time from where he sat, furiously fighting off the feelings it stirred in him— regardless of how petty and fake she was behaving. "Hike got you feelin' sore, Little Wing?" he asked bitterly, raising a brow to her.

"Mhm," she hummed, smiling down at him. She hooked her thumbs into her skimpy, yellow bathing suit bottoms, yanking them further up her hips, then dragging her hands up over her torso to the sides of her breasts and adjusting the straps that were tied at the back of her neck.

Dove saw the sharp breath Bucky took as he stared up at her, happy to see that she was getting to him. She decided to push him that much further and bent down to unfold her towel and lay it out for herself. His eyes went straight to her ass, seeing how the fabric was pulled slightly as she moved, revealing more of her skin.

Always with all the skin, this one.

It was one of the first things Bucky had noticed about her when he arrived for the summer. How much of herself she revealed as she had gotten older. And he loved it. He loved to memorize every inch of her. Every scar, freckle, stretch mark. Even the things that would eventually fade like bruises or small cuts from her clumsy antics. All of it was beautiful because all of it was her.

On pure instinct, wanting to cut off his own gawking, he shot up to his feet. He grabbed the back of his shirt and tugged it over his head with one arm. She had to clench her jaw to keep it herself from spitting out some witty retort, reminding herself there were listening ears just below them.

And before she knew it, he had kicked off his shoes and jumped into the river, joining the rest of the group— or, rather splashing them.

As he rose back up to the surface, Sam grabbed him by the shoulders, jumping up and shoving him back under the water. "Thought you didn't want to swim," he mocked. "Is it just because the pretty ladies are here now?"

Bucky shoved him off of his back, laughing. "Shut up, man."

Dove pouted at the well-executed escape by Bucky to evade her teasing. Party pooper. Still, she was too stoned to be that upset, so she sprinted to the edge of the boulders, pinching her nose as she jumped down into the river with the rest of the group.

They all paddled and floated around the bank for a bit. Dove and Wanda ended up swimming over to a rock formation that stood alone in the center of the river. The water parted around the mossy sides, never once losing its pace. The pair of them climbed up to the top and basked in the scorching, afternoon sun.

It almost could've been considered a tranquil moment, but the sound of Bucky and Sam arguing down below about whatever kind of bird it was that had just flown by was ruining it a bit.

How they always found something to bicker about, Dove had no idea. Then again, she and Bucky basically did the same thing, so she couldn't really blame Sam. Bucky was just fun to piss off. And oh god, did he flare up easily.

At some point, Sarah and Joseph returned on their canoe and Steve ran off to help them lug the thing back to the campsite. With the newly equal-numbered group, Sam suggested they all play a game of chicken fight.

With that casual offer being sent her way, Dove's eyes shot open and she launched herself off the rocks— since she was always, always down for a competition.

Without thinking, she instantly started to swim over towards Bucky where he stood towards the shallow area. He reached his arms out to her, inviting her over to hop onto his shoulders. Yet before she could reach him, she felt a hand on her wrist and she was tugged over to Sam.

"You're on my team, Dove. I refuse to lose to your competitive ass ever again," he joked, referring to the night of the carnival when she downright embarrassed him.

She looked quickly between the two men. Bucky's brows pinched and he brushed his fingertips through his hair behind his ear in that habitual way he often did when he was uncomfortable.

He was obviously annoyed— no actually, not annoyed. He was pissed. Bucky was the possessive type. It was one of his faults that he just couldn't work past. Still, he couldn't exactly say anything without making their secret relationship obvious. So he brooded instead.

...which honestly wasn't any less obvious.

Sam caught on the odd shift of attitude in the brunette and eyed him. "What? You wanna partner up with your new best friend Dove?"

"He's fine," Dove answered for him, staring at Bucky as she spoke, before ripping back to face Sam. "I'd rather be on the winning team anyways."

Bucky let out some kind of bitter grunting laugh sound, but Dove ignored him as she swam around Sam and climbed up onto his shoulders. Wanda made her way over, with raised brows, eyeing the group.

"Come on, Wanda. You're with me," Bucky said, jerking his head for her to swim over.

Once they were partnered up and Wanda was on Bucky's shoulders, Dove looked between their faces, seeing that they were both wearing polar opposite expressions. Wanda looked apologetic and concerned, whereas Bucky was fucking fuming. He knew it was just a game— no big deal, right?— but the way Sam's hands were gripping Dove's thighs that were on the sides of his head and wagging his brows suggestively was making Bucky see red.

Those thighs belonged around his head, not Sam's—

—although, he'd prefer to be facing towards the girl with her stripped down bare, her thighs crushing his head, her fingers musing his hair as he lapped up everything she would give him, tasting her as she came hard on his tongue—

"Ready?" Sam asked, breaking off Bucky's filthy fantasy. "Or do you just wanna keep glaring at me?"

Bucky dropped his harsh expression and nodded his head, laughing. Being fake in that charming way he was so good at. "Just trying to get in the zone, man. Let's go."

With his final statement, they started moving towards each other with the girls on their shoulders. Dove and Wanda grabbed each other's hands roughly, trying to tug the other off of the guys' shoulders. They were both laughing way too hard with each other to exert much strength, so it was taking way longer than it should've.

"Maybe playing this with two stoned babes was a mistake," Sam observed to no one in particular. "Thought you were good at this kind of shit, little Rogers," he said, peeking up at Dove.

His words made her snap out of the giggly mood in an instant, finding her inner competitive side. She flipped her hands around to grip Wanda's wrists, then tightened her grip on Sam, hooking her ankles together to use him as leverage. With one rough tug, she sent Wanda and Bucky toppling over into the water with a splash.

When they rose back up from under the surface, they saw Dove and Sam both raising their arms into the air, cheering obnoxiously. Bucky watched as she sweetly squeezed the sides of Sam's face with her hands, smiling down at him. She was obviously making a show of the action, hoping to cause some jealousy— which she did.

"Don't be a sore loser now, Buck-nasty," Sam teased, smacking the sides of Dove's thighs playfully as he spoke.

"You didn't do shit, Sam" he argued, wiping his wet hair back on his head. "That was all Dove."

"Pffft. I'm the base of this strong ass structure, I pulled my weight."

"Fine. Then let's switch," Bucky argued, hoping to prove his point to Sam, along with wanting to get his girl to himself. "Unless you wanna admit that Dove was the reason you won."

There was a lag in Sam's response, he looked up at his partner who was still perched on his shoulders. She shrugged down at him, letting him decide his next move. "Cool with me," he agreed. He crouched down, letting her slide off of him.

They all switched around in the water. Sam was helping Wanda get up onto his shoulders as Dove swam over to Bucky.

He was absolutely going to use this to his advantage.

The thing about Bucky was, he wasn't one for flashy shows of his shrewd abilities. He was more of the type to observe, store information for later, then use it when the time was right. He was subtle about his actions. Smart. But it always packed more of a punch.

And now with the change in partner— he realized this was his chance.

Bucky quickly grabbed Dove by the waist with an all too dominating touch. His strong fingers slipped into the waistband of her bikini, hooking into the fabric to yank her closer under the water's surface.

Her breath hitched at the touch and she was like putty in his grasp. She let him manhandle her. Guiding her so that she was positioned behind him, then hooking his hands onto the backs of her thighs to lift her onto his back. He intentionally moved his grip so that he squeezed her ass and hoisted her higher up, making sure his fingertips slightly grazed her pussy. Just enough to send a message.

Even though it was barely a second of fleeting contact, Dove still gasped and her nails dug into his shoulders, leaving behind small crescents. His ears caught the sound and the corner of his mouth curled. Perfect. She was fucking needy for him like he knew she would be.

She wanted to make some kind of argument that he had touched her inappropriately, therefore ending the bet. But she knew him well enough to know that he would brush her off and say it was an accident or some shit like that. So, she instead tried to ignore the flame it lit in her belly.

Bucky switched his arms around again to get her up on top of his shoulders. He practically sighed in relief at having her legs wrapped around him in some way, even if it was an innocent position like this. Mostly innocent at least, yet still filled with filthy intentions. Her hands rested on his head and he felt himself slip that much further into his lust.

God, what he wouldn't give to flip her around so her pussy was suffocating him. To pull that damp fabric to the side and taste her. It was such a fucking tease feeling the warmth of her on the back of his neck and not being able to reach back and touch.

Wanting to give himself and her just a taste of what he knew she was thinking about as well— because there was no way her thoughts were anything but as unsavory as his— he gripped the sides of her thighs and tugged her forward just a bit so she was pressed that much tighter to him. Then he casually moved his head, making it look like he was just adjusting to an outsider's perspective, while also giving her a smidge of friction right where her clit was.

Dove's jaw clenched, as did her thighs, trying to still his movements and at the same time chasing for more.

Bucky subtly rubbed his thumbs gently over the backs of her legs and fought back a laugh. He walked closer to Sam and Wanda as they finally got her situated on top of his back, missing the entire heated exchange just a few feet away.

Dove reached out and grabbed her friend's hands, while also trying to swallow down her desire, but it was pretty fuckin' hard with Bucky gripping her legs so tightly, moving his hands up and down to keep her on top of him.

His touch was slow and sensual, while also being greedy. She all but lost her focus entirely when he slid up to grip the insides of her thighs.

There was no way that wasn't intentional. No way.

It was like they were having a silent conversation. Speaking through subtle movements that were passed off as part of the game. A clench of her thighs, followed by a squeeze of his hands. She would lean forward and he would move his head between her legs. All the while, looking like they were moving as normally as the people across from them.

Wanting to just get it over with— and using her knowledge of her best friend to her advantage— Dove let go of Wanda's left hand and reached out, tickling her side. She instantly flinched and made this high-pitched laughing sound, dropping off of Sam's shoulders in the process and down into the water.

Bucky beamed up at Dove, chuckling at her devious ways. He nearly leaned over and kissed the inside of her leg, stopping himself at the last second. Instead, he reached a hand up and she smacked it with her own.

High-fiving someone they were falling for was weird, but then again, the whole situation was pretty fucking weird in general, so they just went with it.

"That was cheating. You know how ticklish I am," Wanda yelled as she stood back up, brushing her sopping wet hair out of her face. Sam stood beside her, nodding in agreement. "Let's do a rematch."

"No time for rematches," Steve interjected from the shore where he had just walked over to catch the end of Wanda's remark. "We're firing up the grill, come on," he added before heading back over to camp.

Wanda and Sam made quick work of getting out of the water, rushing over to camp at the mention of food. Bucky carefully helped Dove slide off his shoulders, keeping a steady hold on her until she was standing steadily on her own.

He turned to face her with a smirk over his features. "You did good, Dove. I wished that would've lasted a bit longer though."

"Why's that?"

"Forgot how nice it felt to have your legs wrapped around me," he stated. Casually. Like he might as well have been talking about the weather. Like his words had no weight or meaning to them at all.

Dove's lips parted in shock at his statement, feeling even more warmth spreading between her legs, despite the cold water her lower half was submerged in. Before she could even will her brain to come up with something sensual and snappy, Bucky spun around and stepped out of the river.

Leaving her wading in her own lust.

~Day Two~

Dove and Wanda were lounging about the campsite without a single responsibility to worry about. No homework or chores. Just how summers were supposed to feel.

They had found a small patch of grass to hang out in just beside their tent. Dove had been lying on her belly, staring down at her book, keeping herself propped up by her elbows while her bare feet were oscillating in the air behind her.

She had barely comprehended a word of the text as her mind was much too preoccupied analyzing her situation with Bucky. After swimming the day before, he had avoided her like the plague. Even as they spent the remainder of the day gathered around eating dinner and then relaxing by the fire, he kept his gaze away from hers and only really spoke to Steve and Sam.

Dove blinked hard, trying to corral her focus back to her book. She was staring at the page, mouthing the words, trying to convince herself she gave two shits about what was happening in the novel.

When she finally adjusted her weight, the skin of her elbows had pink indents where the blades of grass had been digging into her skin. Her muscles ached from holding the position for so long. Giving up, she closed the book and rolled over onto her back.

Wanda saw the movement out of the corner of her eye where she sat, trying to teach herself how to play a new song on the guitar she brought along for the trip. "Done reading?"

"For now." Dove held her hand in front of her face, trying to shield her eyesight from the blazing hot sun that was reigning over everything below it from the clear blue sky. She heard the loud slam of something and she instantly shot up from her spot to see her dad marching away from the campsite carrying armfuls of his fishing gear.

He was fuming. Which wasn't a novelty by any means, but Dove wasn't sure who or even what he was mad at. And considering she hadn't done anything in particular to piss him off yet, she grew worried. "I'm gonna go get some water, you want anything?" she asked while she hopped up to her feet.

"Water please," Wanda replied, staring down at her guitar.

Walking through the small meadow, Dove strode back into the shaded, tree-lined campsite. Her head swiveled around, searching for whoever it was that fell victim to Joseph's temper when she saw her mom sitting alone at the table.

Dove kept her facade and walked past her, over to the cooler that was just beside the grill, then pulled out two water bottles. When she turned to walk back across the packed earth, she realized her mom wasn't just sitting at the table... she was smoking a cigarette.

The sight was a shock to say the least. Sure, basically every adult that Dove knew smoked. Even most of her classmates were taking smoke breaks at lunch by their senior year. But Sarah was one of the few people that completely abstained from the habit, deeming it too unhealthy— she was a nurse after all.

Dove wanted to ignore the concern she felt in her gut and continue enjoying her relaxing day, but she felt like there was something more behind the action. "Hey, mom," she greeted sweetly and walked towards the table.

Sarah's eyes raked up to meet her daughter's, giving her the most genuine smile she could muster. Her expression was still littered with apparent sadness, no matter how hard she had tried. "Hi, Lovey."

"What's going on?" Dove asked, eyeing her warily as she took the seat across from her.

"Nothing for you to worry about. Your father and I had a bit of a spat just now and he left to go fish with the boys." Dove tilted her head, hoping her mom would elaborate. Sarah stared at her for a second while taking another drag of the cigarette and sighing on her exhale. "You didn't tell me about your conversation with him."

Dove let out her own sigh, feeling her shoulders droop a bit. She hadn't said a word about the conversation the week before because she knew it would only cause more upset in the family. And that was something she had caused more than enough of in her lifetime.

Having to think back on it, she was instantly reminded of her father's harsh promise of cutting her off if she ever moved away. 'If you want to be so damn independent, then be independent.' His words echoed in her mind, making her chest ache.

She set down the ice-cold water bottles onto the table and took a breath, getting ready to speak. "I didn't want to upset you."

"Dove, you don't need to protect me. It's my job to protect you. And you should've said something."

"Well, dad did that for me huh?"

Sarah nodded slowly. "Joe certainly has a big mouth when he's upset... He was grumpy this morning and let it slip that you two had a conversation that didn't end well." She took another puff of her cigarette, then flicked off a clump of ash to the dirt just beside the table. "I'm so sorry, sweetie. I had no idea he said those things to you."

Dove shook her head, trying to blink away her tears at the reminder. She cleared her throat, trying to withhold her emotional reaction. "No, no it's fine. I mean, I don't really plan on moving for a long time and maybe by then he'll change his mind, so I can visit—"

"Ignore what he said," Sarah cut in. "You're always welcome at our home and you can always call."

"I know," Dove lied, faking a smile. She wanted to feel relieved at the reassurance, but she knew it wasn't so simple. Navigating issues with her dad was complicated. He made it everyone's problem when he was displeased. Everyone felt on edge because of how explosive he was. There was no hiding from it.

She couldn't even imagine how he would take it if she just showed up one day to visit, let alone called the house after she moved.

Joseph was ridiculously infatuated with Sarah and would never hurt her, but that factor didn't stop Dove from worrying a bit about the backlash her mom might face if she disobeyed her father's request to stay away once she left.

Deep down, she knew that if she did move, she would have to disappear completely. To vanish into thin air without a trace.

Still, she held her smile and reached across the table to grab her mom's freehand, squeezing it. "I'll always come back to see you. I mean, how the hell am I supposed to survive Christmas without your cooking?"

Sarah giggled. "Good. You should know better than to let your father scare you off. He's a softy deep down beneath that temper of his," she teased. "And he loves you more than you know, but he's just not good at expressing it."

"Obviously," Dove scoffed. "He just doesn't understand living life to the fullest. He's so stuck in his own head."

Her mom nodded and put out her cigarette into the makeshift ashtray Joseph had set in the center of the table. A beer can that had been ripped in half, already filled with cigarettes that had been smoked down to the filters. "You think I don't get what you're going through, Lovey? Everything you're feeling, I've felt before. I know every twist and turn of this journey you're embarking on."

"What does that mean?"

Sarah hummed to herself, settling her elbows onto the table and intertwining her fingers. "For a long time, I wasn't so sure I'd settle down in Roseworth."

"You wanted to leave home?"

"Of course. I hated growing up there. I felt like I couldn't be myself and like I was destined for bigger things." She rolled her eyes at the memory, feeling silly being reminded of her ways when she was young. "Where did you think you got this spirit of yours?"

Dove frowned in shock. She had no idea that her mom was once as adventurous as she was. In Dove's eyes, Sarah was always just as blind as everyone else in their hometown. Just as stifled and boring. "So, what changed?"

"I fell for your father. I went to school and became a nurse and when it was time to choose between him and my dreams to leave town, I chose him. And before I knew it, we were married and pregnant with Stevie."

"So you chose to board the sinking ship?" Dove asked incredulously.

Sarah shot her a look. "Hey, I'm happy with my choices. I was young and in love and that was enough for me. I got our family out of it and I wouldn't trade it for the world."

Dove bit her lip, realizing that her previous response was a little harsh. "Do you ever wonder what would've happened though? If you had moved away?"

"Sometimes," she admitted. "For a long time, I resented my choices. But our little town has a beauty to it that I think I started to grow fond of as I got older. People appreciate the small things in life, more than they do elsewhere."

"It's not for me, mom. All I've know are the small things and I'm ready for more. I— I need more. That's something I know for a fact."

Sarah bobbed her head back and forth, mulling over Dove's response. "Everyone goes through a period of adventure. Some choose to live their life by those urges. Some choose to quiet them to a low hum that they can ignore. I have lived as the latter do. And most other people do."

"It's not that simple—" Dove interrupted.

"And," Sarah raised her voice slightly, projecting over her words and interrupting right back, "something I've learned being your mother is that you, my dear Lovey Dovey, are the kind of person that can't suppress those feelings. Your urges are too loud to ignore. The volume is... deafening."

Dove smiled sadly across the table. Feeling that same bittersweet feeling the topic always gave her.

"Lovey, I know you'll leave eventually and I know your father won't take it well. But it's my job to deal with that asshole. I'm the one that boarded the sinking ship and I've made my peace with it," she smarted, smirking.

Dove laughed, but still felt kinda guilty for her poor choice of phrasing being repeated back to her. "Thank you." She got up from her seat and rounded the table, pressing a kiss to her mom's cheek. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Oh goodness, I don't even want to think about that." Sarah shuddered, imagining all the kinds of absolute chaos and bullshit Dove would surely find herself in if she wasn't there to guide her.

As Dove strode back to her spot with the water bottles, she couldn't help the feeling that nothing had really changed. Despite the smidge of promise her mom's words had provided, she knew deep down that there would never be a chance of reconciliation with her dad no matter what her mom said to him. The hope of having a healthy transition to her new adult life would remain a pipe dream.

Compartmentalizing her feelings, she skipped over to Wanda, forcing a cheerful front as she plopped back down onto the grass.

The two of them spent the rest of their day hanging around their spot in the sun, only leaving in the afternoon to go on a short walk and smoke part of a joint leftover from the night before. They walked further down the river away from the campsite to explore the area. Letting the natural shape of the terrain create their route.

It seemed that the further out they got, the more the forest came to life around them. Pairs of dragonflies zipped just above the sparkling surface of the water, chasing after each other. A small family of deer passed through a cluster of trees on the other side. Birds flitted around overhead. It was beautiful. Just what you'd imagine while meandering through a forest. Forest-y things.

And Dove was eating it up. Soaking it all in like always.

Whenever she picked up a stone to chuck into the water and it was too pretty, she'd slip it into her pocket instead. Along with that, she was busy collecting the wildflowers that were sprouting up from the mossy nooks, tucking the stems into her messy golden hair. Using the residing knots to keep them pinned up in place.

And the best part was, she only tripped and fell once. Her shoe got caught on the uneven terrain and she toppled over, lightly scraping her kneecap. Although, it wasn't bad enough to need any attention. Just a little blood. Wanda had turned over her shoulder, initially worried, but when Dove popped back up they both busted out laughing.

By the time they returned to camp, the shadows were elongated and the sky looked like cotton candy. Everyone was sitting around in chairs eating their catch from the day. All of the guys were talking boisterously over the radio— and each other for that matter.

They were chugging down beers and then tossing the empties into a massive pile that sat at the center of the circle, shedding light on exactly how they had spent their afternoon since returning from fishing.

Dove and Bucky exchanged a moment of eye contact as he was mid-sip of his beer. She strode towards him and his eyes stayed stuck to her like glue, lowering the drink from his lips.

It was like she was walking in slow motion.

The sunset behind her made her look fucking ethereal. The bright warm light was glowing through her wavy, windblown hair, making it look like golden thread. Like a gleaming gossamer donned with tiny orange and blue flowers. Her cheeks were flushed pink from the heat and all of her freckles had come out to play in the sun.

His eyes rolled down over her, taking in all the tanned skin that she was showing off with her cropped t-shirt and shorts. He locked in on her knee that was lightly bloodied and bruised. Then down to the grass stains and mud that covered her sneakers. Without even realizing it, his lips curled up at the corners. His girl. His Dove. Such a fucking mess every day of her life. He loved it.

Bucky caught himself before he flashed a full smile and shifted in his seat to get back to his conversation with his friends.

But Dove didn't even realize everything he was feeling in that weak moment of an adoring reverie. She was much too busy trying to keep her own thoughts at bay. She rushed right over to dig into the cooler to find something to eat.

After she and Wanda made their sandwiches, they grabbed a couple of blankets to fight the breeze that was starting to roll in with the sun taking its leave, then tucked into their chairs and talked amongst themselves.

Sarah called for Dove across from the noisy circle, breaking up the girls' chitchat and waving her over. She got up from her seat and jogged over to her mom, who was holding a wine cooler. Sarah and Joseph were pretty well cuddled up together, making it clear they must've gotten over their spat from earlier in the day.

And Dove was relieved. She didn't want her parents fighting over anything, especially her.

Sarah peeked over to Joseph knowingly, then looked back up to her daughter. "Would you and Wanda like a beer?"

Dove's eyebrows snapped together, feeling like this was some kind of test. She knew her mom well enough to know she was above playing games, but she still wasn't sure. Her stare slowly slid over to her dad for confirmation. Seeing that his expression was blank, she didn't feel any better. "Uh, no mom, I don't drink. I'm not old enough," she replied unsteadily.

"Don't bullshit us, Dove," Joseph chuckled, "grab a beer, it's fine."

"Or you can have one of my wine coolers if you'd rather," Sarah added kindly.

Dove realized then that it might've been some attempt by her mom to comfort her after the conversation earlier. But she was still wary. "Seriously?"

Sarah nodded. "A couple of beers never hurt anyone and besides, you're both adults now. You're okay to drink here with us."

"Hell, Wanda just got back from Europe, right? Those weak ass socialists let just about anyone drink," Joseph said as he held his cigarette between his teeth.

"Dad, that's not—" Dove bit her tongue before she ruined the offer by correcting his harsh comment, instead nodding. "Okay yeah, I'm sure we'd both love a couple of beers. Thanks." She smiled down at her parents, then walked over to the cooler that was resting right beside the trio of men.

They all stared at her suspiciously, cutting off their heated debate about god knows what as she approached them. "Whatcha doin', Dove?" Bucky asked.

It was the first thing he had said to her in almost twenty-four hours and she was elated hearing his voice directed at her. She basked in his attention, embracing the embers of her courage being stoked before they were snuffed out by some kind of cold reaction from him yet again.

She ripped open the cooler and shoved her hands down into the slightly melted ice, then pulled out two beers. The water that covered them was dripping down her wrists as she held them up to answer his question.

Bucky was still looking up at her in shock, so she smirked. "Drinking," she replied simply.

Steve overheard her response and his head ripped over to their parents, worried about how they'd react to Dove's actions, but Sarah waved a reassuring hand, silently telling him it was okay. He visibly relaxed in his seat and watched as Dove walked back over to Wanda and handed her one of the beers.

It only took Dove about three gulps of the cold foam to realize that he had made a huge mistake. The alcohol made her inhibitions instantly lower, causing her mind to wander to dangerously risqué places. Considering she was already walking that dangerously thin line since they had arrived, it wasn't a difficult feat for her brain to jump to that dirty place rather quickly.

She felt her eyes continuously being tugged back to Bucky. He wasn't even doing anything. He was just sitting slouched in his chair.

Sure, his legs were splayed wide in a very unintentionally dominating way, and his fingers were mindlessly tracing circles on the side of his beer, and the sweatshirt he wore looked so damn cozy, she wanted to curl up on his chest and take a long nap— but besides that... he wasn't doing anything especially seductive. But fuck, was she going mad with lust.

Maybe it was that he had been ignoring her that set her off? She did always fall for the whole 'hard to get' thing. Maybe he knew that about her? That she liked a challenge.

And oh did he. That was what he was using against her. That was exactly the tactic he had in mind. To respond to her games with silence. To drive her mad by doing absolutely nothing. He gave her just a taste of his attention when they swam the day before and now, he was in the 'I'm ignoring you' stage of his devious plan.

But despite what he expressed to her, Bucky's mind was moving parallel to hers and he had been in that exact mindset since the moment they had arrived at the site. He was just better at concealing desire than she was— naturally, being his rather private self in contrast to her ridiculously overly-honest demeanor. He hid just how filthy his thoughts were becoming.

He had been sneaking peeks at her constantly, even if she didn't realize it.

Whenever Dove looked away, he would devour her with his eyes and yet another obscene image would be generated in his mind. Like those View-Master toys that he had when he was young. He would blink and it was like he triggered the latch and the cardboard disk would turn, producing a new picture in the transparent film for his eyes only.

He fantasized about taking her against one of the massive trees, with her arms and legs wrapped tightly around him as he rammed into her. Or sneaking into her tent and fucking her until the entire thing was steamy. Or lying her by the edge of the river and eating her pussy while she looked up at the stars, just to give her a pretty view while she came on his mouth.

Even as Bucky was staring at her sipping on her beer, every time she'd lick her rosy lips clean of the hoppy fizz, he'd feel a stirring in his gut. Knowing just how silky smooth her mouth truly was. Knowing just how sweet she tasted. Wanting to be the one licking her lips clean instead.

Dove of course had no idea about any of that. She thought she was the only one struggling with containing her composure. Especially after the week before, she was craving him constantly.

It seemed that the days leading up to the trip were especially sexually charged. The anticipated lack of contact that they were about to endure only egged them on. It seemed like any chance they got, they were fucking. Bucky had ended up keeping a condom in his pocket at all times because of how frequent it was becoming.

Besides their usual late-night sex, a few afternoons in a row were spent over at Bucky's house, gracing every open surface they could. Every couch, table, wall, even the floor. And whenever they were over there, there was no holding back. The property was big enough that there was quite literally no way for anyone to hear their moans. So, those visits always ended in some intensely mind-blowing sex.

There was even a risky mid-day quickie in the upstairs bathroom of the Rogers' home while Sarah was outside tending to the garden. Bucky had kept a hand tight to Dove's mouth while he bent her over the sink and fucked her. Something about being in front of a mirror, seeing every last little reaction flash over her features really did it for him, so it happened a couple more times over the week.

They were up to at least twice a day, so going two days without so much as a kiss— they were holding onto their resolve by the skin of their teeth.

As the drawn-out summer day finally came to an end, the evening got dark around them. The last lingering bits of the sunset faded and were replaced by the moon and its brightly twinkling stars. Sarah and Joseph excused themselves to head to bed and walked off to their tent that was a smidge further out from the main space of the site. Learning the hard way over the years that the kids liked to stay up late and were terrible at being quiet.

Dove tossed back the rest of her beer and announced to no one in particular that she was cold. Right on cue— out of the habit of wanting to give her everything— Bucky's eyes lit up and he replied with an all too eager "I can make a fire for us," from across the space, earning himself quizzical stares from Steve and Sam. "What?" he asked defensively. "I'm getting cold too."

He stood from his seat, chucking down his empty beer into the pile. Dove watched him as he started to walk off towards the shrubbery and her brain came up with the most deceitful plan out of nowhere.

"Wait, Bucky," she called, stopping him in his tracks, he looked over his shoulder expectantly with raised brows, "Will you teach me how to make a fire from scratch?" she asked, hoping to trigger that hidden side of him that got off on teaching her things— whatever that was.

Her question stunned him into silence. He hesitated, standing frozen and staring down at her in a moment of internal panic. It surprised him. But it also excited him for some odd reason.

Dove mistook his lack of response as a form of rejection. Just as she opened her mouth to backtrack, he gave her a silent, sharp nod. She excitedly hopped up from her seat and chucked her blanket at Wanda as she skipped over to Bucky.

He let out a jagged breath and continued towards the bushes. "What are we doing first?" she asked. When he turned to look at her, he saw that she was staring up at him with a soft pout. Even in her confusion, she was so unreasonably beautiful. If anything, it amplified it. He felt his stomach drop at the sight.

"W-we need to look for," he paused, clearing his throat, "we need to look for kindling and a couple of sticks." She stayed staring up at him with big eyes, patiently waiting for him to continue and give her instructions. "Why don't you gather the kindling for me. Just any kind of twigs or dried leaves you can find will do."

With an eager nod, Dove started scanning the ground for the needed items, narrowing her eyes to see better in the low light. Bending down and gathering what she could find as she went. After Bucky took a bit too long to admire how good she looked bent over, he searched for a couple of medium-sized sticks.

Once they had their gatherings, he guided her back to the center of the clearing, where there was already a circle of rocks from last night's fire. He plopped down on the ground and she followed suit, sitting just beside him with her hands in her lap, watching his every move. He pulled a knife from his pocket, expertly flipping it in his grasp and carving off a flat side and then a small v shape into one of the larger sticks that he had grabbed.

Dove stared down at his hands while he worked, loving how large and strong they looked. "What's that for?"

There was a lag in Bucky's response as he eyed her for a moment. "Fireboard. We're gonna do a—" oh boy, this is going to sound sexual, he thought to himself, "we're gonna do a... hand... drill."

Her lips quirked, trying to fight back a smile as she forced a casual nod. This was going even better than she thought it would. "That's when you do the rubby hand thing-y right?"

He shouldn't have found that as cute as he did. "Yes. The 'rubby hand thing-y'," he chuckled, repeating her choice of words. "Go ahead and lay down your kindling in a pile for me, okay?"

Fuck, his voice sounded flustered. Bucky couldn't have been more thankful that everyone was just out of earshot. Wanda had found her way over to the guys and they were all talking loudly. And with the addition of the radio being all static and guitar shrills, they had plenty of auditory coverage.

Dove did as he said and moved all of the dried leaves she could find into a pile and then Bucky set the stick he had carved on top. "Hold this still for me," he commanded, nodding down to it, while he grabbed the second stick.

She followed instructions and placed both hands on each end, adjusting herself so she was on her knees.

"Good girl—" he tried to stop it before it came out, but there it was.

Bucky cringed at himself.

You fucking dumbass.

It just slipped out. He didn't even know where that came from. He had never said it before, but it felt right at the same time. And fucking hell, thank god for that loud conversation just a few yards away, huh?

He hoped Dove wouldn't think twice about it, but she did. Because of course she did.

Her lips parted and her eyes slowly coasted up his body to meet his. She bit the inside of her lip out of sheer instinct. Why did that feel so good to hear? Why did those two little words make her want to do fucking anything for Bucky, just to hear him say it one more time? And then maybe once more after that?

Good girl.

She stayed staring at him for way too long, stunned to silence. Letting out labored breaths. Feeling warmth glowing on her cheeks. Feeling that warmth spreading to every extremity on her body. Slowly, a wicked smirk grew over her features.

Bucky swallowed hard, trying to pretend he didn't just say what he said and that she didn't just react in that way.

"So, I'm— we're gonna put the stick in the h-hole," he blinked at his own choice of words as he looked her in the eye, "and I'm gonna rub it between my hands and push down." Why are there so many innuendos in fire making? "I'll show you how to do it first and then you can try if you want."

She did her best to force a nonchalant expression, despite how obviously turned on they both were, tightening her grip as she nodded at him.

"Are you doing a hand drill?" Steve called over, finally taking a break from his obnoxious conversation with Wanda and Sam. "I have a lighter in my pocket if you'd rather do it the easy way."

"What's the fun in that, Stevie?" Dove argued back. "I want to learn how to make a fire. I didn't get to go to boy scouts like you guys did." She was telling the truth— she did want to learn. But along with that came a dash of deception.

"I'll show you, Dove, don't worry," Bucky assured her and she readjusted her grip on the stick. He took the one he held and set the edge of it against the notch, then pressed his open palms on each side and started quickly rubbing them together. He picked up speed and the point of contact started smoking.

Dove smiled down at the small pile of black dust it was producing. "Can I try?"

"Sure," he replied, "but we have to switch off fast so we don't lose the heat." He moved his feet, so he was stepping on the fireboard just beside Dove's hands. She took the opportunity to let go of it and move her hands to take the other stick from him. He adjusted her grip and then she started copying his actions from before, quickly moving her hands.

Bucky kept his feet planted and stood up to his height to watch her. She pinched her brows together, shimmying her hands down to create more smoke between the wood. She kept her rhythm for a while, but then her unpracticed grasp slipped.

"Fuck," she spat, clipping her words with self-directed irritation. Her head shot up to look up at him from her knees, frowning. "I'm not good at this shit, dude."

His cock started to harden in his pants as he peered down at her. She looked so fucking sweet looking up at him with big worried eyes. Needing his help. "It's okay, just keep rubbing— keep going," he corrected himself before his imagination really did him in. "You got it," he reassured her.

Dove bit her lip, keeping her stare locked on him for a second before trailing down to his crotch that was positioned right in front of her face, then slowly looking back up to him.

Bucky raised his brows in silent warning, also realizing then that she knew exactly what she was doing to him. He narrowed his eyes and clenched his jaw in anger, coaxing a laugh from her. His suspicions were confirmed by the joyous sound bursting from her.

Stepping off of the fireboard, he marched over to his backpack. She watched as he dug inside of it for a second then walked back over. He fell onto his knee beside her and lit the kindling she had gathered with a lighter. She watched as it all started to catch fire.

Opening her lips to spit something angry at him, he gave her a scolding look before she could get a word out. "I know what you're doing," he hissed angrily. "Knock it off."

"Thought we said no rules," she whispered right back, grinning deviously.

Bucky took an impossibly slow, deep breath, trying to calm himself. His eyes shot daggers at her as he stood back up to his feet. He grabbed the few pieces of firewood they had brought along and set them onto the fire, leaving it be to grow on its own while he walked back across the circle and sat back in his seat.

"Gave up so soon?" Steve asked Bucky, craning his neck over to see Dove sitting beside the fire, glaring at it.

"Uh, yeah," he replied, following his gaze to find her pursing her lips angrily. He watched as she took the sticks in her hands and tossed them into the blaze, sending a burst of embers into the night air.

She all but stomped back to her chair with Wanda. They both dragged their seats closer to the fire and tugged their blankets back over their laps.

Even with the knit fabric covering most of Dove's figure and the bottom half of her face, Bucky could still see her giving him a vicious look from over the flames. He couldn't see most of the expression, but he knew her well enough to catch onto that darkness in her eyes. It was the look she had given him thousands of times over the span of her life.

For a long time, it was the only way he could imagine her— with that fucking adorable scowl of hers.

Wanting to toy with the girl some more, he winked once no one was looking his way and her eyes widened, then quickly looked away from him.

As annoyed as the interaction left Dove, there was still that part of her that was hung up on what Bucky had called her.

Good girl.

The words echoed through her mind. She knew it was dumb and maybe even sorta weird to feel all these confusing things about the words, but she couldn't help it. They made her feel dizzy. So dizzy. More than anything though, they spurred on her drive to win the bet.

There's always tomorrow...

~

A/N: WHEW there's a lot happening in this one huh?

The amount of time I spent watching fire-making tutorials was straight STOOPID. Now I keep getting camping gear ads.

So, besides all this sexiness from Dove and Bucky, she's starting to show some newly developed maturity. She's being more mindful of how her dreams are influencing the people around her, not wanting to cause issues, etc. You could take this as a good thing or a bad thing depending on your point of view, but either way, it's a big step for Dovey girl.

Onto the good stuff... can we talk about the kinks these two are discovering in themselves? That whole good girl moment was very much unplanned. My fingers took over on my keyboard and it sorta just happened. So, I had the same reaction they did while writing it.

Bucky is so into the whole soft-dom thing and Dove loves the praise and guidance he gives her. I don't want to say 'daddy kink'... but we're all thinking it right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.6K 2.3K 83
*The story has been edited and revised* Bucky Barnes had finally ran away from HYDRA, but he was in hiding. He was too worried, and a bit scared, to...
184K 5K 19
{Bucky Barnes X Reader} Bucky Barnes has come a long way since being deprogrammed from Hydra. After some time on his own he finally joined Steve and...
437K 11.9K 44
An Avengers Bucky Barnes x OC Story **SMUTS** You hated Hydra, and everything associated with them. So you absolutely detested the fact that the Ave...
34.3K 994 25
young!bucky / AU+OC <3 » Laecie arrived in her hometown once more to the same thing she has every summer- her dad, the lake, hazy evenings and drunke...