my new cell mate - prison bre...

By wpwriterxox

"I wasn't a devil but I was stuck in hell and I needed to become a devil to claw myself out." I do not own an... More

[1.] my new cell mate
[2.] infirmary
[3.] back to reality
[4.] extreme heat
[5.]Goodnight
[6.] Westmoreland
[7.] SECRETS
[8.] LETTERS
[9.] "I swear to god!"
[10.] SCREAM
[11.] WILD SIDE
[12.] LITTLE LAMB
[13.] YOU CAN'T GET RID OF ME THAT EASILY
[14.] SOMETHING BORROWED AND SOMETHING NEW
[15.] EARTHQUAKE
[16.] "...SEE YA ON THE OTHER SIDE"
[17.] STOP BEING CONS AND START BEING CIVILIANS
[18.] THE SILVER CAR
[19.] Nika Volek
[21.] FISH-BELLY WHITE
[22.] CHECK
[23.] RIVER

[20.]JUICY COUTURE

818 19 2
By wpwriterxox

Vanessa's POV:

We had been driving for at least 2 hours now. I had fallen asleep within a few minutes of leaving Nika's place. I hadn't slept in days and I was exhausted. I woke up in the middle of a conversation between Michael and Lincoln but I kept my eyes closed.

I wasn't sure what exactly Lincoln and Michael were talking about as I only caught the middle of the conversation, but my attention was caught when I heard them mention Sara's name. I couldn't even catch on to why they were talking about her, but the conversation dropped quickly. The car stayed quiet for a while and I thought it was best to sit up and engage in conversation.

"Afternoon, sleepyhead", Michael chuckled. I grinned and returned a similar response before looking out the window. We were in the middle of no where, surrounded by acres and acres of fields, with crops and livestock. I rolled down my window and inhaled a deep breath of the countryside air. The air filled my lungs and it felt amazing, even better than the city fumes. I began to notice how quiet it was. The only sound was the engine of the car, travelling down the long, country road. Michael and Lincoln remained silent and it was driving me crazy. I leaned forward to turn on the radio to drown out the silence but Michael grabbed my hand. My heart skipped a beat.

"Don't", He said as he slowly let go of my hand. I sighed in defeat, remembering that he had warned us not to touch the radio. I sighed, leaning back into the seat as Michael let go of my hand.

"Sorry," I apologized. "I forgot... it's just the noise. There's no noise. Nothing. It's driving me insane." I rubbed my hands over my face.

"I know right?" Linc chuckled. "Inside, there was always so much noise, yanno? Someone yelling, guards making rounds. I kinda got used to it."

"Your right. We should go back." Michael joked. All three of us laughed at his antic as we continued down the road.

Michael pulled up the sleeve of his jacket to look at his watch. He glanced at it before pulling the sleeve back down, covering his large sleeve of tattoos. I thought back to the time in prison when I had first seen the tattoos that were sprawled across his body.

"The tats..." I began. "How long did they take?" Michael sighed before smirking.

"Too long." He chuckled. "But worth it."

"They weren't just for getting out, were they?" Linc asked.

"Breaking out was just the beginning. Now it gets a little more interesting." Michael readjusted his arms, straightening them as he started to pick up the speed again.

"Oh yeah... totally, because Linc being strapped to the chair wasn't interesting enough... not to mention that I was the only female inmate in a males penitentiary?" I laughed, giving Michael a sarcastic look. I could hear Lincoln chuckling in the back. Michael smiled.

"All that I'm saying is that inside, we had the element of surprise. No one knew what we were planning" He nodded. His smile slightly dropped though. "But... there's something about this guy- - that detective... it's like he knows where we're going...what we're thinking. If that's true it's just a matter of time before he finds out about the money in Utah, Bolshoi Booze, our way into Mexico," He turned to look at me before saying: "Everything."

The car went silent again. I guess we all found what Michael had said, a bit unsettling. Although it was true, it was still very scary. Michael checked his watch again before reaching into his pocket, taking out a flip-phone. "You ready for this?" He asked as he looked at us.

Both Linc and I nodded. "Make the call," Linc said. Michael dialed a number before lifting the phone to his ear.

"Hey, it's me." He started. "I've got Linc... we're on our way there. If for some reason you can't make it, call me back at 9-1-7 4-5-4 3-4-2... bye." Michael closed the phone and placed it on the dash board. I watched the green light blink on the phone as we continued driving.

The car fell into silence again, for the third time and I could slowly feel myself starting to feel tired again. I decided to curl up in the chair and take a nap while I could. Who was I to know how long it would be before I could sleep again. The only noise that I could hear was the sound of the cars engine and the sound of wind pushing its way into the car through Michael's open window.

I sucked in a long slow, breath and closed my eyes, welcoming the rest. Welcoming that heavy feeling of slumber as it started pulling me into my depths as the sound around me slowly started to fade away until a calm came over me, and then, sleep.

----------

I woke up to a jolt. Michael had his hand on my shoulder, shaking me to wake up.

"Morning sleeping beauty... it's time for the plan... you ready?" I wasn't given much time to reply as by the time I had fully registered what he had said, Michael had aggressively turned the wheel and car quickly turned at a 45 degree angle, right up to the railing of the bridge. Before I knew it, Mike and Lincoln were climbing out of their car seat and were walking up to the railings. Michael began shaking it and nodded at Linc. I got up out of the car and looked over to see them removing the screws from it. I quickly reached into the glove box and took out Abruzzi's gun that I had taken. I quickly pushed it into the waistband of my pants and walked over to the boys.

"Do you see him?" Michael asked, looking around him. Lincoln did the same, looked at each different direction.

"Nope. Maybe they didn't get your message?" I replied. Michael sighed as he stood up. I watched as him and Linc began pushing the car. It didn't budge.

"What the hell?" They both said at the same time. I rolled my eyes before opening the car door on the drivers side and releasing the e-brake. The car began rolling back slowly.

Just as they stopped the car, I pulled up the brake again to stop it from rolling any further.

Mike and Linc walked to the back of the car and opened the trunk, lifting something on the inside up. I walked over to see what Michael had put in there. There in the trunk sat two large bags filled with blood and carcase.

"Please tell me this isn't-" Lincoln started but Mike cut him off.

"It's animal, okay? Cow, if that helps you sleep at night?" Michael said as he walked away and came back with a large stick. He began shoving it onto the gas pedal. He reached up and pressed the radio, turning it on. A country song was the first to start playing. Michael began typing something into the phone before he put it back into his pocket.

"Just one more thing," Michael smiled at us. "Remember, once I hit scan, we'll have about 30 seconds before it reached 103.7."

"And then she blows?" Linc smiled. Michael returned the grin, nodding his head.

"That's right," Mike turned to me, "and again, I am so sorry that we don't have anything that will lead the cops off of you-" He started.

"It's fine. No worries, honestly, who thought I'd be in jail... not even me." I cut him off, laughing.

"or me," Lincoln chimed in, laughing as well. I nudged him in the side, playfully.

"Okay, you guys ready?" Michael asked with a cheeky grin. We nodded as he leaned into the car, pressing a button and then releasing the hand brake. Just as the stations began to jump from rock into opera, the car shot off, driving straight through the railings and off of the bridge.

It landing with a clash and a bang, yet the radio kept playing. Loud and clear. Almost as if it was mocking us. The boys took off running. I frowned looking at the car that lay upside down, underneath the bridge. The car made strange chugging noises.

"Hang on a minute... didn't you say that this car was supposed to blow up?" I called at Michael. Him and Linc came to an abrupt hault and turned around, looking over the bridge at the smoking car. The listened for a moment.

"You're right... it's because the music isn't changing, and we're gonna need that explosion" Michael sighed as he ran around the side of the bridge, running down towards the car, Both Linc and I followed. Sirens began wailing in the distance.

"Shit, shit, shit..." Linc and I repeated as we ran after Michael.

"He's here!" Michael said as he came to a stop, only a few meters away from us. We caught up but continued walking as Michael made his way closer to the car.

"That car could blow up at any second now, Mike" Linc sighed, rubbing his head with his hands.

"The feds are gonna be here in about two minutes. If it doesn't look like we're dead, then we will be." Michael panted as he came to a stop. He turned to us. "Rock, paper, scissors" He said as he stuck his arm out. Linc smiled sticking his arm out. I pushed their arms away.

"Boom, I win... I'll do it," I said as I began making my way towards the car. Michael pulled on my arm but I let go and began walking faster but shouted back to them.

"It's my turn, and if I end up blowing up with this car, tell Nika that I'm sorry for getting blood on her Juicy Couture," I laughed as I reached the car. My laugh was cut short though when the sirens became louder. I quickly wiped the sweat off of my forehead and turned to the boys, one last time, giving them a thumbs up before climbing through the shattered car window. Reaching over, I wiped the dust off the radio screen as it read: 102.1. The music from the radio was drowning out the sound of the sirens.

"How many stations between 102.1 and 103.7?" I shouted back. I could here a groan not too far away before someone shouted back.

"Way out here? Just one, probably." 

"Come on Ness, you can do this!" I told myself as I sucked in a large breath and quickly clicked the button on the stereo that read 'scan'. 

and then there was a boom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60K 996 25
At times my thoughts get twisted making it easy for me to disregard any signs of feeling empathy towards others, even towards myself. But for you I'd...
7.3K 23 17
no copyright is intended, i do not own the TV shows or characters all short stories are for fun
1.4K 58 13
❝ I was born on the wrong side of the train-tracks ❞ © 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐨𝟗𝟓𝐳 2018
261K 5.9K 25
"If it were up to me, I don't know if I'd be able to save myself."