REBIRTH OF THE VILLAINESS ¦ C...

By aesmethyst

HIGHEST RANK #8 IN PARANORMAL (CATEGORY) "You cannot deceive the deceiver." Ashanti could not figure out... More

Rebirth of the Villainess
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L

XXVIII

961 48 3
By aesmethyst

Altercation

Nang dumating ang hapon, mas naging masaya at maingay dahil naging kumportable sina Gabi at ang ibang mga kaibigan ni Lana. Si Isabell ay kasama si Giovanni na kumukuha ng litrato, si Calista na kausap ang iba nilang kaibigan habang nagkakantahan, at si Ashanti na nakikipagkarera makipaglangoy sa iba.

The lights in the area became lighter, as the color of the sky started to get dim. Ashanti wore loose coverups after they all exited the pool. Gabi and Trishza were making their dinner, Cayser was with Lana, and Kennedy in their room, still changing her attire.

She slowly walked to the seashore. The ambiance on the area made her close her eyes and calm herself. The wind was touching her loose hair, making it dance in the air. Her eyes caught some fishermen tying up their boats before getting their pile of fishes in their wooden buckets to the resort.

Looks like it isn't that bad to be with them. I just need to put some space between specific people to not have an awkward situation.

"Why are you alone?"

She automatically flinched and stopped breathing as she heard the deep voice from behind. She turned back, looking at Giovanni walking nearer, with his shorts and t-shirt.

Her eyes unconsciously adjusted on the opening of his sleeves, seeing some of his tattoos. She then looked away, avoiding another eye contact with him.

"Is it bad to be alone?"

"No, that means I have time to talk with you."

Dahil doon ay hindi niya napigilang mapalingon muli. Did she hear him clearly? Talk with her, he said?

"Wala naman tayong dapat pag-usapan pa, diba?"

Another moment of silence. She could only hear the waves of the sea, and the sound of the birds from the sky. He stared at her for a second, before letting out a sigh.

"Valerie."

She creased her forehead before glaring at him. "It's Valerina, you dumbass-"

Ashanti's eyes widened as his warm palm landed on her head. Her hair was still wet but the warmth he gave was enough to take all coldness she was getting. She knew her cheeks were burning at the moment, but she could not look away, as her eyes were locked with his.

Even his eyes are giving me warmth.

"Let's take a bite some time, alright?"

Calista, on the other hand, silently looking at them from above, on the pool. Her hands crumpled, and the idea of her getting the man popped into her mind once again.

Whatever it may take, she would not let her sister get him on a second time around. Even if it meant to kill her.

Kinabukasan, tinuloy nila ang paglalangoy. Their group, with Lana's, celebrated Trishza's birthday. Everything was going smoothly, since now that Ashanti knew how to move along with them. Of course, without paying much attention to her step-sister and Isabell.

I'm still salty for her. I don't know why, but she irritates me. She's like Cali so I choose not to talk to her that much.

Giovanni told them he still had works to do in his office so he excused himself earlier than them. Isabell was obviously sad about it, which made Ashanti's eyes inwardly turned a full circle.

Mas spoiled ka pa kaysa sa akin. Ganoon pala talaga tipo ni Giovanni?

While having a celebration, Ashanti received a message. She guessed it was from Giovanni, and for the first time, she got it right.

[See you in the next few days, Valerina.]

Nang maghapon ay nagimpake na sila upang makauwi na. Ashanti had her Ford-650, Cayser would take Lana with him, Trishza and Kennedy in one van, Gabi and Calista on their own.

While Isabell, got a new car from Giovanni, along with his picked chauffeur for her. Pangiti-ngiti siyang pumasok sa sasakyan habang ang driver ay inilagay ang kaniyang gamit sa compartment ng sasakyan. She was currently browsing on her social media when someone sent her a mail.

Her eyebrows arched as she doubted whether she should open it or not. She was worried it may be a virus or just a prank to her. But later on, she shrugged and clicked the mail.

The chauffeur stiffened when a gloomy atmosphere reigned inside of the vehicle. Then his eyes caught Isabell by the rear-view mirror, looking directly on the screen of her phone, and could not tell whether she was shocked or mad.

Her eyes began to narrow as she held her phone tighter while staring at the message from an unknown sender.

It was mail containing two pictures of Giovanni with Ashanti. The one was taken from a mall, while the other was from the resort. His hand was on her head, while both were staring at each other.

[Are you really the future Mrs. Vercetti? I highly doubt it, hypocrite.]

"Hay grabe! We did it, Asha! We're now tapos for the midterm exam!" Kennedy said while wiping her eyes as if she had any tears on it. She swallowed hard and nodded.

She got lucky she knew the answers to various questions on their formative exam. Akala niya ay maisisisi niya sa kanilang break ang kakulangan niya ng kaalaman. Pagkatapos naman ng kanilang swimming break ay bumalik ulit siya sa pagrereview dahil may isa pang araw na natira sa kanila.

"I got nerbyos on the accounting and supply chain analytics part! I'm worried our prof who has sharpy tongue will come at me if I go bagsak, hmph!"

She turned her head at her. "Sharpy tongue?"

Then Kennedy nodded. "Matalas ang dila. Don't you know about that pala?"

She rolled her eyes. Kennedy should stop translating idioms of another language to English. Her brain cells kept disappearing one by one when her friend did that.

Ashanti returned to the mansion after. Kennedy stayed at Franklin because of her orgs. She sighed as she put down her bag on the sofa in her bedroom then she changed her clothes.

She had gotten nothing from the past days. Not even a single text. A week already passed and she was looking forward to nothing.

About her father, they were still in bad shape so she did not know how to approach him to tell about her relationship with Kalen. Although it was not a typical relationship where they had a label like others.

It was more like a mutual understanding. She was enjoying his company, the same as him. They talked about the thing they had, and it was above friends but below relationship.

They never confessed to each other, it was a sensitive topic since Kalen was engaged with Calista. She wanted to end the relationship he had with her step-sister before giving both of them more closure -- a label.

Ashanti felt she was on the edge of being a mistress and not.

And now Giovanni was starting to get back to her life.

She stopped picking clothes from her closet and shook her head. What was she thinking? It was not that Giovanni wanted their engagement back.

He only told me we should get a bite, like a dinner or lunch something. It's not a date unlike what I had with Kalen!

But Ashanti wondered what made Giovanni say that to her?

After changing her clothes, her eyes caught the flower on the vase near the window. She tried her best to make it live longer but looked like its time was getting nearer. She was changing the water every day but still, its petals starting to fall. There were already some that fell on the ground.

She let out a sigh and picked up the fallen petals. She only hoped that this flower had no resemblance to Kalen's feelings for her. Bright and perfect at first, but slowly dying, slowly fading.

The next days, Ashanti stayed in the mansion, giving herself relaxation. She also talked with Kalen nonstop, and one of the topics was about the confession to their parents. She apologized for making it longer than expected, fortunately, he understood it. He said he would wait for her, or he could be the one who would talk to her father.

Gabi then texted Ashanti when noon came. Her friend was asking to go with her to the Facoltoso Mall. She agreed since she had nothing to do more in the mansion.

She wore a satin bustier top with its trousers from a famous brand in the city. She chose heels and a flap shoulder bag to complete her outfit.

She was talking with Gabi when she went downstairs. She then looked around and did not saw Calista. She creased her forehead. As far as she knew, her father asked her step-sister to stay in the mansion because of some reason.

Hindi talaga maaasahan ang babaeng iyon.

When she arrived at the mall, Gabi's car was already at the entrance. Sabay silang pumasok sa loob habang pinaguusapan ang naputol na usapan nila kanina.

"Ilang weeks na lang birthday na ni Kennedy. Katatapos lang nung kay Trishza meron na naman ulit."

"Looks like Kennedy will hold a party with all her acquaintances in their residence, unlike Trishza who always has a reunion with her family."

"Iyan din ang naiisip ko. Ngayon pa lang gusto ko na tawagan si Kenny para itanong kung tuloy ba ang party para matawagan ko na rin ang gagawa sa damit ko."

"Her birthday is before Christmas. I don't know how they will organize her party while also planning for Christmas."

"Syempre Friedrich pa ba? Kilala sila sa pagoorganize kahit na ano pa 'yan. Naalala mo 'yung sa birthday nung pinsan niya tapos sila Tita may pinaghahandaan pang runway show? Diba maayos 'yun."

They went to Harley's Boutique to get the suits from Pre-Fall Collection. The suits had not been released yet since the Arsace Fashion Week would be held next week. Harley would participate in the upcoming runway show so the shop was closed since the last week of November. No other customer except them.

Yes, we already ordered the suits before Fashion Week starts because that's what we are. The first in everything.

All were glamorous. The manager told them the staff would put the suits in their respective cars before they leave the mall. They agreed, then decided to go to a restaurant on the lower floor.

Half the way to the entrance, Gabi stopped. She creased her forehead as she glanced where her friend is looking at. Was it her ex-boyfriend? Victoria?

Ashanti blinked her eyes as she watched the two girls walking in their direction. More like, Isabell Revon walking towards them with a bitchy look on her face, and Calista following her from behind.

Kung saan-saan pumupunta ang bastardong kapatid niya. Kung isumbong niya kaya ito? Tutal may pruweba naman siya.

She smirked as the two came closer to them. At first look, she could tell her step-sister was only someone the same what she thought of Victoria. Ginagamit lamang, o isang sampid lamang sa grupo.

That's what she is anyway.

"Good day, Ashanti Rossault," Isabell greeted her. She then examined her from bottom to top before greeting back.

Isabell's style was a fashion you would not want to encounter in the everyday life. Yes, she was aware that the person in front of her had a unique taste, but could she use it better? She was glowing as ever, like a Christmas tree.

"Ang sama naman makatingin niyan, Asha," siniko siya ni Gabi at bumulong.

Gabi was correct. Isabell was different than the last time she saw her in the resort.

"Now that I can see your face clearly, I should apologize for thinking different before." Ashanti raised her brow after hearing what she said. Thinking what?

"The flower of Arsace isn't that beautiful, compared to my level."

Ashanti's eyes enlarged and Gabi's jaw dropped. Calista was silent on Isabell's back.

"Yes, we aren't on the same level. You obviously are on the lower. I'm happy you know that."

Isabell faked a loud laugh which made people in the area stayed and watched them. Ashanti's forehead furrowed as she looked back at her.

What's wrong with this woman? Did she think she had a show in the mall to call people's attention? Wannabe princesses were the only people who could do that kind of thing.

"Don't use me as your mirror, Rossault. You're so awful to think you can win to me."

She narrowed her eyes, confused, very confused about what was happening. Who was competing to who? Huli na ata siya sa balita.

"Excuse me?"

"There isn't an excuse for a cunning person like you."

Rinig niya ang bulungan ng mga tao sa paligid. This woman was ruining her reputation. She crossed her arms on her chest.

"And who are you to call me that? You better give a valid reason or you will see your ass in the jail."

Isabell grinned, which made Ashanti creased her forehead more. May nagawa ba siyang mali sa taong ito? Ni hindi nga niya ito kinakausap.

"Don't play the victim, Ashanti. You better put your butt in its right place, not on someone's property."

"I knew it," Ashanti said.

"Knew what?"

She put her palm on her mouth as she looked at her with her villainess' expression, making the situation turned in an instant.

"You're so kind, Isabell, the heiress of Revon. You're being a clown for free."

The people in the area gasped about what they heard. Now, it was Isabell who got confused about what was happening. She used it as her chance to dominate herself in the scene.

Ashanti stepped forward and people could tell by her resting face, the terrific expression in her eyes, that she was the one who would blow off the woman's reputation at that time.

"Let me remind you, Isabell Revon. When you're starting a fight, make sure you have enough bullets with you, especially it's the Ashanti Rossault you're messing on. Get some research and put in your mind that I'm not called the Villainess for nothing.

"Or else, you'll have your downfall. Like this."

She pushed her using only two of her fingers. Isabell was then caught by Calista who stared at her with anger and disgust.

Inunahan na niya ito. "What? Isn't your so-called friend who's the one who started this useless fight? Maninira na nga lang hindi pa maayos. Parang ikaw lang."

"You bitch!"

Isabell pulled her hair which brought all of them, including the people nearby shocked at what happened. Gabi and Calista tried to stop them but Ashanti returned what the woman did.

She pulled the hair stronger that made Isabell looked up. Using the other hand, she gave her a solid slap on the face before pushing her to the ground. She knew it was hard because her hand felt the effect.

Narumihan pa ang kamay ko.

Isabell was dumbfounded for a second until a voice from somewhere made them looked in the direction.

"What is the fuss about?"

Ashanti flinched as the voice traveled to all parts of her body, making the hairs of her skin stood immediately. It was Giovanni, walking towards them with guards on his back.

Isabell instantly put a new expression on her face. She quickly stood up and clung to Giovanni's arm.

"Look, they did this to me! That Ashanti Rossault is evil!"

She rolled her eyes as she fixed her hair. She then stared at him with coldness in her eyes, just like what he gave to her before.

"I don't have to argue anymore. Make sure to put that woman in a place where she can't harm clueless people. Let's go, Gabi, I'm not hungry anymore."

She then walked in the opposite direction. Gabi followed her from behind. When they already exited the crowded area, her steps went slower.

Gabi had a worried face when she glanced at her. She put her palm on Ashanti's chin and made her face look up to her.

Tears were flowing on Ashanti's cheeks, and she was even unaware about it. Napagtanto na lamang niya nang pinunasan ni Gabi ang kaniyang pisngi.

"Huwag kang umiyak. Pick up your head. Huwag mong hayaang mahulog ang korona mo, Asha."

The next days, Ashanti got into a fight in Franklin. Ang kaibahan nga lamang ay siya mismo ang gumawa ng gulo. The issue circulated so fast that it made Ashanti go to the dean's office before she could go home.

When the night struck, she got harsh words from her father while they were eating. That also resulted in her parents fighting after. She excused herself and did not finish her food.

Para saan pa? Wala na siyang gana.

She laid her body on the bed. She caressed her teddy bear as tears fell from her eyes. She was so lost these past few days. She did not know why she let herself involve in another fight since she was more cautious now because of Kalen.

It all started after the fight with Isabell.

She let out a deep sigh. Take a bite his ass. She was expecting a text from him but look, he was having a time with his best friend. She let herself get carried away with that one sentence from him.

No, not anymore. I'll now stick to my main goal. No more Giovanni, since his time is already over.

Her phone beside her vibrated. She took it to see the notification, and destined or not, it was a text from Kalen. Her breathing became lighter and a smile was formed on her lips.

[I know you're not fine, Asha. You can let out your emotions and I'll listen.]

She wore a black hoodie and leggings. She made sure there was no maid outside wandering before exiting the mansion. She did not bother to call her driver or even get a car. She used her feet to go to the nearest convenience store in their residential area.

When she got there, Kalen was already at the entrance, waiting for her. She took off the hood on her head before walking towards him.

His eyes were wide, his mouth was half-open, and both brows were raised. His sight stared at the swollen eyes of Ashanti.

"Let's go inside and get something that can ease your pain."

Sila na lamang ang tao sa loob, at dahil doon ay mas naging kumportable ang dalaga. She took an ice cream and a cup noodles even though she did not really know how to use it.

There's an instruction for something.

She sat on a chair in front of the transparent window of the store. Kalen sat beside him, with his ordered snacks.

She blinked twice as she remembered the food. In her past life, there was also a time when they got to a convenience store, same time. The difference was the ice cream and noodles she bought, and the reason why they went there.

Another smile flashed on her lips. Hindi pa niya nakakain ang noodles at malamig sa loob ng tindahan ngunit naramdaman niya ang pag-init ng kaniyang dibdib.

I feel warmer because Kalen is with me.

Unlike the Kalen from the past, he listened to all her rants and story even she already got into trouble more than once. Unlike before, she could feel more true affection from him.

She should not miss this chance to get him. She should focus only on Kalen, not Giovanni. That was the reason why she had a rebirth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 17.4K 50
Luna Navarro, a witch trained to be a hunter, falls in love with her handsome professor, Fhergus. Little does she know Fhergus is her mate and a Lyca...
Joseon's Queen By Patricia

Historical Fiction

45.6K 2.2K 40
"Nasaan ako?" "Lady Yerin!" "Sinong Yerin? Ang pangalan ko ay Yejin. Song. Ye. Jin!" "Hindi siya makaalala." "Lady Yejin!" "Bumalik na ba ako?" "Gust...
259K 12.4K 35
With one bullet, the greatest assassin of the 21st century meets her end. As she tries to accept her end, she then open her eyes in a very familiar b...
60.2K 2.6K 55
(2/3) A bedridden. Can't walk, talk, even move. My hearing is not clear, my sight is blur, my taste is, nothing. A problem to my family for years. I...