Decision or Destiny ?

By Selyny

''Can I kiss you?'' I ask Eric. He looks shocked at first but that only last a moment. He leans over, licks h... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
12.
Flower shop
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
First time
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.

11.

9 1 0
By Selyny

In April's apartment and I head in straight for the shower. I  shower fast just in case they want to shower too. The feeling of washed hair and clean body after night of drinking is wonderful. ''Hazel hurry up ,eggs are ready for you.'' April shouts from behind the door.

''I'm coming.'' I shout back.

My stomach hurts and I'm glad girls prepared food for us. I take a seat and feel aroma from my plate. ''Thank you, It's smells delicious.'' I start digging into food without waiting for them. None of the two are saying anything, that's unusual, we always chat while eating. They must be tired from the weekend so I let them off.

I finish my eggs, I put the fork down. ''This was amazing. Thank you girlies.'' I rub my happy belly.

Monica looks at me and say. ''You are fed, start talking. We want to know everything.''

I take cup of tea into my hand. It's still very hot. In my head I try organizing all events happened to me since Friday. Theirs eyes are wide open with expectations I never knew I could fill. I think my friends are holding their breath so I start to talk .''It all started on Friday when Interview got cancelled.''

''We know that. Get to the hot stuff.'' Monica says.

I laugh. ''Ok. Pipe in bathroom broke, water was squirting everywhere. I didn't know who to call, I rang Eric, it was my last hope. He came. I turned the main water of. I couldn't stay in apartment because of no water. He suggested to stay in his. I didn't want to but I agreed in the end."

April puts her hands up. ''Hold on. You agreed just like that?'' She looks at Monica. "No way."

I give her my no kidding look. '' I was stressed I don't remember exactly, but I agreed. We went to his place, he ordered pizza and after we went to sleep. I wanted to sneak out of his apartment in the morning but he caught me. He made a breakfast and I got call from you. I wanted to book a hotel but he insisted on me to stay. He cancelled his plans with David and used me as a cover up, a date.'' Monica and April are not breathing , I ask them. ''Are you ok?''

Monica nods. ''Just keep going.''

I take a sip of my tea and continue.'' We went shopping but he had a work emergency and left. I went to his place, he got back and bought me flowers, beautiful roses. I hugged him and I cried, It was a moment, you know for me. Now talking about it I feel embarrassed."

"It's not embarrassing, why did he got you flowers?" Monica is scheming in her head.

"Before you come to conclusions why he got me flowers It's because he agreed to buy them for me if I go on a date with him. Later that night we went to his favourite restaurant, Alex was there. I got upset and angry, I kissed Eric to distract myself from the situation I was in.''

My two friends have their mouth fully open. ''I don't believe you.'' April says with her head moving. ''You don't kiss people just like that Hazel. I know you.''

Yeah she knows me well. I try to clarify the situation. ''It was to kiss Eric, or cry or make a scene. My emotions were getting the worst of me. I would end up embarrassed anyway. You know exactly what I mean. When I looked at Eric he become my distraction. I asked him if I can kiss him and he said yes. He moved my chair with me to be near him. That was smoking hot.'' It was sexy and hot and the short flirting before the kiss I will remember forever.

Monica starts clapping her hands. ''I knew my boy has it in him. Please tell me he fucked your brains out after.''

I lift my eyebrows. ''We are talking about me here, not you Monica.''

She shakes her head. ''I know but Eric is piece of cake every girl want to taste.''

This is becoming annoying. ''Eat him, taste him, do whatever you like with him Monica. Just stop this nonsense."

She makes a face. ''Uhm I think I prefer taste of his friend.''

My mouth drop down to floor. ''What? How? When?''

She winks and gives us devilish smile. ''It happened twice. First time was super fast and super weird and good, it was different. I gave him another chance. On second night he took his time with me and it was fire. But enough about me. Tell us what happened after. ''She gets up and starts to walk to the bathroom.

My cup is half empty, I put it back on the coffee table and start again. ''You don't want to tell us but you are dying to hear my boring story." I take my cup to finish my tea. "Exactly, I'm dying to, keep going." she shouts.
"Ok. When we were going home I saw Alex with the girl holding hands or touching or whatever they were doing from outside, I texted you. You confirmed more then what I thought. After I got drunk, I smoked a lot and I got sick. I cried and puked, Eric saw all of that. I was a total mess last night. I'm embarrassed just to think about it. He saw me at my lowest, can you imagine? I woke up early in the morning, packed my thinks and left his place.'' I exhale what is left in my lungs.

April shakes her head. ''You left without saying bye to him. Was he bad to be with?'' She gets worried while she is asking me.

I shake my head. ''No! He is perfect inside out. He is wonderful. I couldn't go back to sleep and didn't know what else to do at his place. I left note for him in his kitchen and I left.'' Or maybe I run from there, save myself form another embarrassment. Hopefully I will never need to face him again.

From bathroom we hear Monica shouting. ''What did you write on the note?''

I smile. She doesn't miss a beat. ''I think I wrote , Thank you for help and that I own him one.''

April gets up from sofa. ''At least something. But it wasn't really nice of you to leave like that. Do you like him?'' She ask while cleaning the table after us.

I get up to help her. ''Yes I do, he is very likeable. Before you two try to tell me to move on from Alex. Im not ready, I don't want another man in my life at the moment. Is that clear? No set-ups!'' Good friends sometimes become annoying when they're trying to help behind your back. My girls are just like that. If they could they would set me up with every single man in the city.

While I'm washing the table Monica comes and leans beside me against kitchen counter. ''Last question and I leave you alone. Tell us how did It feel to kiss him.''

I start wiping the counter and say to her. ''Move. Why do you want to know, It was only one silly kiss. I will never hear end of it from you.'' It was kiss  one kiss nothing else, why do I still feel it on my lips?

Monica moves. ''April and I want to know. It's because you had sex only with Alex. We want to know what is it like for you. You know less experienced.'' She smirks, "I will stop will all the teasing if you tell us."

I lift my eyebrows,''Ok but don't talk about me like I'm nun. You know I enjoyed all things we did with the asshole. But if you must know kissing Eric was different. It was only one kiss but it felt very intimate. I never experienced kiss like that before.''

Monica is over the moon with herself and maybe with myself too. You never know with her. ''That's so romantic Hazel.'' Everything is romantic for her. Rainy day is romantic so is sunny day, whatever she feels romantic it becomes romantic for her.

I go back to sofa. ''Yeah, yeah, whatever. I got you flowers April but I forgot them in my place. And you Monica tell me the spicy stuff about David,'' my phone beeps in the middle of my question. I check the screen and there is message from him. ''Eric texted me.'' I tell them. My stomach tighten and somehow I feel excited even when I don't want to

Girls run to me. April jumps at me and grabs phone from my hand. She opens the message.

''First of all we need to save him into your contacts. Mr. Perfect suits him because he is perfect. Second and last do you want me to read the message?''

She points at me. ''You.''

I point back at her. ''Just read it.'' I want to know.

She straights her back. Looks around at us,  ''I'm so excited." And starts to read.

Hazel,
I understand. You didn't like our date so you ran away. You left flowers I bought for you in my kitchen. Maybe you didn't like them too.
I hope you are not feeling as sick as I think you are feeling.
Maintenance people will come in the morning. They don't have keys, please be home at nine,they will fix it.
Take care.
Eric

''Holy moly guadioli. What did you do to him?'' Monica shouts at me.

I grab my phone back from April. ''I didn't do anything. I will fix whatever he got wrong in one message. Watch me.'' How could he think I didn't like our date, I loved it.
I start typing.

Dear Eric.
I will be home at eight in the morning, just in case they come early.
Regarding our friend date. I loved it and hated it. You probably know which part goes for what situation.
I love the flowers you got me and you know it, I had full hands when I was leaving , had no choice but to leave them in your place.
Take care.
Hazel

I press send button. I hope he gets it. I didn't mean to offend him but we are not really friends. He helped me when I needed it. I don't manage to put down my phone when it beeps again.

''Read it loud Hazel.'' April says in her bossy way. I nod and start to read.

Dear Hazel.
Friends don't kiss on the date.
I think you own me two, second goes for cleaning the terrace after last night.
Take care.
Eric.

Monica starts laughing. ''He likes you. And he is right.''

I get annoyed with him. ''He is kidding me right? I was to drunk to remember how I left his terrace''. I text back and read it loud.

Dear friend Eric.
I do own you one.
I was a guest on the second one,
It doesn't count.
Take care
Hazel

I press send. Two seconds and phone beeps again. He is fast.

Dear Hazel,
Friend? No.
Ok you own me one.
Take care
Eric

''Woohoo he doesn't let you friend zone him. That's mean only and only one think.'' Monica says and claps her hands.

I don't text back.
April slaps my arm. ''Come on Hazel this boy likes you. This is form of flirting and giving him hope by texting like that.''

I move from her. ''If this is flirting then I don't what is Monica doing when chatting with man.''

Monica laughs.'' You are right Hazel. This was something else.''

The rest of the day goes fast. We talk a lot about exhibition. They show me all the pictures I hadn't seen yet. I get to see winner and her designs. She is lovely but her designs look like you are going to Mars. Definitely not mine cup of tea. April took one selfie with Anthony, They  look great together , glowing  and happy. April is five feet one with shoulder length bleached blond hair. Her salmon skin go well with her beautiful brown eyes. He has black hair and black beard . His eyes are very dark like his skin, it's like chocolate. April likes tall , dark and handsome, when I saw a picture of him I know why she looks like she won a lottery. I wish someone good comes to her life and stays. She is very good person and deserves the best and so far she always ends up with some arrogant idiot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386 14 20
SHORT CHAPTERS ------ He rips my phone from my hand again and puts it behind him. "Tell me how it works then." "We have to kiss." He looks at me for...
341K 9.5K 83
"How many romance books do you read?" Devin asks me. I shrug. "I like them," I say. I keep browsing, running my fingers along the spines. "...
35.4K 802 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...
10.8K 333 28
"Oh," he said, as my back hit the wooden wall. Damn it, of course. With nowhere to go, his arms locked me in between him and the wall. He stared down...