Conflicted

By PercyJacksonFan1289

Severus Thorn never wanted to be a Padawan. He wanted a simple life, a life of peace. Now here he is, the Pad... More

Introduction
Siege on Ryloth
The Students and the Black Market
Dreams and Visions
The Sith Assassin
A Happy Landing
Reunion and Rescue
Unleashed Rage
Attack on Umbara
1000 Reads!!
The Mandalorian Operation
Second Impressions
The Shadow of the Hunter
The Sith Arise
Delta Squad
Sidious
Sheer Hatred

Attack on Kamino

1.1K 27 2
By PercyJacksonFan1289

A/N: The protagonist is similar to Mace Windu. He is introverted and he takes everything seriously. He warms up to some of the clones later in the story though. 

Severus Thorn's P.O.V

I stared at the intercepted message we had managed to get. 

"We are decrypting the audio sir!" A clone said.

Alongside me were the Jedi Generals Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, along with two clones known as Commander Cody and Captain Rex. I folded my arms, a holographic form of the Sith Assassin known as Asajj Ventress appeared.

"The clone planet of Kamino will be a dangerous target." The Sith Assassin spoke. 

Everyone's eyes was focused on the message. The message now showed Grievous. 

"Just make sure you hold up your half of the mission. We must stop the production of clones if we are to win this war." The message ended.

 "Kamino.." The Clone Commander muttered

"They're going to attack our home planet." Captain Rex said.

 I walked away, as the discussion continued. I looked to one of the clone's from my battalion. 

"Prep the 187th battalion. We're going to Kamino." I told him. 

He nodded. "Yes Commander." 

I was quiet as we began to land on Kamino. I walked through the halls of the facility with two   Clone Troopers. 

"Ah, look around Fives, feels like yesterday we were here." One of them exclaimed. 

"Heading to target practice. Heh, remember that?" 

"Do I ever." 

They stopped to help a deformed clone. As they spoke, I thought of a plan. When they were finished, one of them spoke to me. 

"You don't talk much do you?" The one known as Fives asked me. I smirked. 

"I try to act professionally during my missions, trooper." I told him. "We should prepare." 

I saw a robot octopus shoot up from the ocean and land on the roof of the facility. 

"Prepare for attack!" I yelled. 

I yelled to my troopers. Red alarms blared all over. Once of the robots drilled into the walls. 

"WATCH OUT." One of the clones screamed.

Two clones were slapped to the side. A group of aqua droids emerged from the robot, and both sides began firing. I ignited my blade, the purple aura illuminating the area around me. I dodged the blaster fire and slashed a droid, I Force-pulled a droid to me, and it flew into my saber. After a bit, I saw Grievous come out of the robot. 

"Kill them all!" He commanded. 

I walked towards Grievous, destroying the droids in my path. 

"Retreat, help the Generals." I called over to my clones. 

They dispersed and went away. He ignited two sabers, launching forwards. I blocked, pushing him back. I lifted up some debris and threw it at him. He slashed it apart, running forwards. I let him press me back, into the hallways. There was a shootout with a bunch of clones and droids. 

"Keep firing. NO MERCY!"Grievous yelled as he dodged one of my saber swings.

The clones were quickly overrun. A trooper came out of cover and fired a couple shots, but then began to float in the air, gasping and clawing at his throat. Ventress came out of her hiding spot, holding her hand up. I used Force Repulse, destroying the droids around me and knocking Grievous and Ventress back. 

"Get up." I told the trooper who was taking deep breaths and steadying himself. 

"Go, run." I yelled to the clone.

He nodded, and ran. I heard yelling and screaming. The clones needed reinforcements. I used Force Speed to maneuver around the swinging lightsabers. I ran to the yelling of the clones, saber ignited.

I skidded to a stop. My battalion was holding their own well, but it would soon break apart if reinforcements didn't  showed up. I pushed the front lines of the droids back, and I leaped forward. I quickly impaled an aqua droid in its chest, bringing the saber up to his head. I pulled it out. I used Form VII, Vaapad. My Master's form. I took a  deep breath and channeled my inner darkness. I forged my anger and hate, and the Dark Side, using it into a weapon of light. I attacked the droids with extreme ferocity, my saber merely an extension of my arm. I hacked off the last remaining droids' weapons, now slicing their heads off in a horizontal strike. I was surrounded by droid parts. I kicked one away and walked to my battalion. 

"Provide aid to the 501st and 212th." I commanded. 

They nodded and ran off. I ran outside, jumping to one of the roofs. Several aqua droids and clones were fighting. I threw my lightsaber at an aqua droids head, decapitating it. I summoned the amethyst blade back, now flipping to a group of aqua droids. I held my hands up and began to crush them. I sent the newly-crushed balls of metal back into the ocean. I noticed General Kenobi and General Grievous attacking each other. I saw Kenobi kicked off the ledge, but saved by some winged animal. I jumped down to Grievous, using a flurry of strikes to make sure he didn't escape. I disarmed one of his lightsabers and Force-pulled it to my hand. "The deceased owner of this saber would like it returned." I knocked him down, pointing my saber to his throat. 

'Kill him.' A voice told me. I frowned, my saber still pointing at his throat. 'Do it. Kill the one who has killed your own.' The voice said again. A bunch of aqua droids then came firing at me, and I had to defend myself. Grievous scrambled away, escaping. I lifted up a chunk of debris, sending the droids flying back. After a while, we had defended Kamino successfully. 

I gathered my forces and ordered them to regroup and prep the ship. I walked up to Kenobi. 

"Grievous is gone." I informed him. "To where, I do not know." 

Obi-Wan nodded, and placed a hand on my shoulder. "I sense guilt in you, Padawan."

 I stared at him for a full minute. I shrugged his shoulder off. "I should have stopped him, and now the Republic suffers for my actions." I said. 

Kenobi frowned, saying, "It's not your fault. Grievous is trained by Dooku, he will have knowledge of saber combat."

 I nodded. "Thank you, Master Kenobi." I bowed deeply. 

The 187th landed on Coruscant. I stepped out of the ship.

 "Alright men. You fought well, and you fought hard. Get some rest and go to the barracks." I told them.

The clones cheered and walked off towards the barracks. I began walking to the Jedi Temple. I knew where my Master usually spent his free time. I walked to the meditation area, where I saw my Master meditating. I began to exit, not wanting to disturb him, and then I heard his voice. 

"I heard your mission was successful, young Padawan." 

He opened his eyes and stood up. 

"Yes, Master." I said, bowing to him. 

He looked at me, his expression serious. 

"And I have heard you encountered Grievous." He said.

 I nodded. "Yes, Master." I held my head down, I had failed to capture the Seperatist General, and he knew it. 

"It seems your skill needs improvement." 

My head snapped up. "Wait! I bested him in combat, but then reinforcements-." 

He cut me off. "As a Padawan, especially my own, you should be able to handle yourself."

 I nodded. "Yes, Master." I told him.

 "Training will commence in an hour." He walked past me. 

I stared after him, my anger growing. My breathing quickened as I clenched my fists. I stormed to my quarters. I was going to show him. I needed to prove myself. 

I deflected a blaster bolt from a training droid. 

"Keep trying, Padawan." Mace Windu commented as I fought off about a dozens training droids. "For now, only deflect the blaster fire back at them." He said.

 I switched to Form 5, Shien. I began deflecting the blaster bolts more efficiently. I  began taking the droids down, redirecting their fire at them. Soon after, I had completed my task. Master Windu stayed silent. He walked up to me. 

"Defend yourself." 

He pushed me back, I lost my balance, flying back. I got up, staggering. He ignited his saber, switching it to safety. I did the same. He got in his usual stance, Form 7. I used Form 3, Soresu. Master Windu used aggressive and powerful attacks, so I needed the best defense. He dashed towards me, swinging his saber in a downward motion. I parried his attack, swinging at his stomach. He quickly dashed back, then leaped forward, kicking me in the chest. "Get up. Try again." He commanded. I Force-pushed him back, leaping forward. I quickly switch to Form 7, launching a ferocious attack. 

"Vaapad is not entirely a physical form. It is a state of mind. We harness the darkness, and use it to make a weapon of the Light." He'd state, as he parried my attacks. 

He lifted up a destroyed training droid, sending it at me. I sliced it in half, but my Master was gone. I quickly checked around me. I turned around, and I saw his saber come swinging towards me. 

"Poor reaction time." He said.

 I growled. I let out a roar of anger, unleashing a flurry of attacks. I pushed him back, and he was sent flying back, I then Force-pulled him back, tapping him with my saber. He un-ignited his saber, and I did the same. 

"Good job, Padawan. Rest." 

My spirits lifted. I was desperate for his friendship and his admiration. And he knew it. I wanted nothing more than to prove myself. 

Mace Windu's P.O.V

I watched as my Padawan walked away. I sighed. He was growing to the Dark Side. Building his rage. He was to use it as fuel, and convert that power into an attack. I tapped on my comm link. 

"You're right. His power grows." 

All I heard in response was a 'Hmmmmm'. Finally, I heard a response. "Fall to the Dark Side, we must not let him. An eye, we will keep on the young Padawan." I nodded.

 "Thank you, Master Yoda." 

Severus Thorn's P.O.V

I went to the meditation area. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. Then, I appeared in a dark area. There was fog everywhere. 

"So..you didn't kill Grievous." A voice said. 

"Who are you!" I yelled, igniting my saber. 

 "Hm. A purple saber. Very rare. You must have the Dark Side in you." The voice commented. "You have power. I was once a Jedi..like you."

 I frowned. "Let me guess, then you fell to the Dark Side."

 I heard a loud laugh. "More like..I rose to the Dark Side...then my memory was wiped. And I became a Jedi scum." 

I remembered a story like this, it was on the tip of my tongue. 

"But then, everything came back. I was conflicted, troubled. I split into two different personalities. The Light and the Dark."  The voice said again. "Somehow, my Light Side won. But then I found it. Power, strength. I can rise, and bring order to the Galaxy."  

I sighed. "Enough with the monologue, who are you." 

The fog cleared, and I saw a figure walk towards me. 

"Darth Revan.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 263 31
What if Obi-Wan got the padawan he wanted in the start of the clone wars? This is the story of Lora Caran. A girl born on a planet, unknown of the je...
29.4K 936 20
The chosen one, Anakin Skywalker, was found by the Sith before the Jedi. Now as war rages between the Confederacy of Independent Systems and the Gala...
10.6K 310 19
Ahsoka Tano. Padawan of Anakin Skywalker. And a rocky desert planet with injured people. Windu doesn't care in the least about the physical or menta...
4.7K 184 22
All you know is your name, Kodo, and you began as an unknown from a family you can't even recall. You've been carrying that name ever since you got t...