Accepted

By narrowpath

After the dark magic consumed Saron, she was forced to live a life of constantly looking over her shoulder. T... More

The last encounter
A year of running
Two witches one path
The reunion
A painful conversation
Actions have consequences
Hateful glares and guilty consciences
The truth revealed
An unexpected betrayal
All cards on the table
Close call
War has come
The clock is ticking
More bad news
The worst is yet to come
It never ends
Saying goodbye
Back to training
An unexpected ally
A battle with strangers
Let's do the impossible
Limitless potential
It's the final countdown
Not going down without a fight
Training and more training
It's almost time
Preparing for war
It's begun
A narrow escape
Heartbreak and loss
War and it's casualties
The Aftermath
The Second Wave
The Third Wave
The Fourth and Fifth Wave
The Real Battle

The Delegation's summon

75 9 2
By narrowpath

"Saron, focus," he said before something sharp flew into my side, piercing it hard before bouncing off. I grabbed my side instinctively before grabbing the spiked ball and flinging it across the room.

It's been 2 weeks since I arrived, the most pleasantly boring two weeks I'd had in awhile. I'd never appreciated how good boring things were, not until I was deprived of them. I was back at the White Wing, but in a private room for my own protection. I also spelled the room to make sure no one could enter without being invited. Despite being back, I felt like I didn't belong. A part of me knew that feeling would never wear off but that was the least of my worries.

After constant complaining from me and with Narxus's support, I was able to convince Edward to put a pause on me continuing classes. At least until we knew we would survive what was coming. Which was looking highly unlikely at the moment. I was training full time with Narxus everyday, preparing and getting stronger. But despite my efforts, I couldn't fight this war alone. Word had traveled past the Academy and now we had a substantial number of allies who supported us but there was still too many who wanted me dead. Including students in the Academy. Not just me, but Edward as well. We didn't have nearly as many people on our side as we expected. Oreres was reaching out to people across the globe, telling them the truth and bringing them to our side but changing centuries of false teachings is harder than it looks.

Zion was keeping his distance from me as well. We'd barely spoken since what I'd told him at the hospital. He made sure to make himself scarce whenever I was near and I kept my distance as well. I wanted to respect his decision. It was the least I owed him. Even though it felt like my heart was consuming itself from the inside out not being around him. Thankfully, Narxus was training me like a dog so I hardly had time to self hate:

Narxus shook his head at me in disappointment before saying, "go."

"Really?"

"Your mind isn't here. We won't get anything else done today."

I shot him an apologetic smile before grabbing my bag and darting out quickly before he could change his mind. I slowed down to a brisk walk once I was far enough, wanting to conserve my energy. My entire body was sore from training morning to evening every day.

"You're early," Star called out, waving from the entrance of the Caf.

I smiled, waving back at her and the boys. Bonnie was also there, clinging to Jeremy's arm with a bright smile on her face. Bonnie was now part of our little group and watching her with Jeremy made my heart both puff with pride and deflate with disappointment. I loved being with my friends and seeing them happy, but it all felt wrong without Zion. Zion refused to be with us if I was around so the boys had to divvy up time with me and with him.

"What did you do?" Bonnie asked, arching her eyebrows.

"Why do you assume I did something? Maybe he was in a good mood."

"Yeah, right," Joel snorted before turning on his heel and entering the Cafeteria.

"Maybe he thought you needed a shower," Star said snorting at my ruffled hair and sweat darkened clothing. She instinctively dodged the punch she knew was coming, giggling as she hid behind Joel.

"Don't you have a test to study for tomorrow? Because you have to go to class everyday?" I retorted back.

Star clutched her chest dramatically as she whipped her head around to glare at me.

"You started it."

Rolling her eyes, she grabbing my arm then Bonnie's before turning to walk.

"Oh come on," Jeremy complained.

"Blame the universe for making you a boy," Bonnie teased before we walked away laughing.

We made our way to an empty table before sitting down.

" I don't know how you guys got used to this," Bonnie said, squirming in her seat.

"Used to what?" Star asked absentmindedly, tapping away at her phone before putting it down.

Following her gaze, I noticed the many eyes locked on us. I got so accustomed to it, I barely noticed the stares and glares anymore.

"It's hard being celebrities," Star bragged, smirking at one of the boys staring at our direction. Not expecting to get a response, he swung his head around to face his table once again.

"So how're you and Jer?" I asked, leaning in.

"He's too perfect it scares me sometimes," she sighed dreamily.

I looked at Star and we shared a look of understanding before bursting into laughter.

"Guy, really. He's everything I've ever wanted," Bonnie persisted.

"We're glad you're happy Bons," I said, reaching over and squeezing her hand.

"But never use the word Jeremy and perfect in the same sentence again," Star added.

"You guys talking about me?" Jeremy said, walking up with a grin on his face and holding a platter of food. It wasn't long before the others sat around us and we started chowing down.

"How was training?" Tom asked, leaning over.

"Awful. Better than class though," I teased.

"When are you going to come back?" Bonnie asked.

"After we beat the Vexons to dust."

"That's what I'm talking about," Joel said, grinning at my optimism.

"We barely have anyone on our side. If what we know about Vexons are right, we need at least twice as many people as we have now."

"Tom's right," Star agreed, frowning.

"Hey, is that Edward?" Bonnie called out, pointing past us. I turned around to find Edward walking through the Cafeteria quickly, his gaze locked on me. Even more surprising, Zion was by his side as well approaching at the same speed. The entire Cafeteria now was looking at either them or us. A few eyes I could handle but the whole Cafeteria. My heightened instincts wouldn't let me ignore that.

"If Zion's here, something must be wrong," Joel commented.

My heart sank at his words, even though I knew it was true. It would take an extreme circumstance for Zion to be found anywhere near me. That realization shook me more than whatever Edward had come to say.

"Zi!" Joel said excitedly, throwing an arm over his shoulder playfully. Zion smiled warmly, greeting the boys who had now huddled around him. Not once did he look over to me, even accidentally.

"Saron, you need to come with me," Edward said, grabbing my arm.

"Where?"

"Just come."

"But where are we-"

"NOT here," he interrupted, giving me a stern gaze that reminded me of where I was and the many eyes on us.

"I'm coming with you," Star said, jumping up out of her seat.

"No. You all stay," Edward said.

"Why can't we come?" Jer asked, crossing his arms.

"She will return later. Now, I need my daughter alone," Edward said bluntly with an unwavering tone in his voice that said there was no room for argument.

"See you guys later," I said, walking off with Edward and Zion.

"I know you must be tired but we don't have time to waste," Edward said, looking at me for a yes to dart ahead.

"I can keep up," I said, bracing myself as I watched his figure disappear. I tapped into my vampire speed to follow him. My arms and legs were on fire, still sore from training. I clenched my teeth at the pain as I finally arrived, hands on my knees as I huffed heavily to catch my breath. I was so focused on getting there, I didn't realize where he was leading me.

I felt my hand begin to shake as I found myself in the office. I looked at the desk, getting flashbacks of the old Headmaster sitting in the seat. Guilt began to creep into me as I looked around, not able to think clearly. She killed Crexus but that didn't make it any easier. I still killed her.

"You okay?"

I turned my head in surprise, not believing what I'd just heard. Zion watched me, his face blank and empty despite the tenderness I'd heard in his voice as he asked.

"Uh- yeah," I said quickly, turning to Edward as I felt my body start to heat up. He had barely talked to me in so long but those two words were enough to send my emotions blazing. That slight softness in his voice that let me know he cared sent me heart pounding.

"I'll just get right to it. The delegation have sent a summons," Edward said bluntly.

"The who have sent a what?" I asked, confused.

Sighing, he said, "This is why I wanted you back in class."

"You're right. Class is more important than training to defend ourselves from possible annihilation," I shot back.

"There are two powerful entities in the supernatural world. The delegation and the former five. The five were the most powerful but even they were fulfilling the will of the delegation. Now that the five are gone, the delegation runs everything. The delegation consists of 9 houses. Vampires. Fairies. Werewolves. Dragons. Witches. Angels. Dwarfs. Trolls. Sirens. They are in charge for everything that happens in the supernatural world. Food distribution, sentencing criminals, protecting, etc. They're basically our form of government. When you get a summons from the delegation, you come. You've been summoned for tomorrow to appear before them."

"What do they want?"

"We don't know," Zion answered.

"Well, I'm sure you have an idea," I said, noticing the hesitancy in Edward's eyes.

"When the delegation calls, it's usually not good."

"Let me guess. They want me dead."

"It could be a possibility. Maybe they simply want to know more about you," Edward continued.

"Yeah, I'm good. Sounds like a trap to me."

"This could be an opportunity. If we could convince them that the dark magic hasn't corrupted you, they could be valuable allies and bring more to our side. The delegation are highly respected and many take their word as gospel-"

"What happens if I refuse to go?" I interrupted.

"You can't," Zion said.

"And who's to stop me? You? Edward?"

"Don't be foolish Saron. The Delegation is comprised of highly skilled supernaturals who can sneak into Academy walls and constrain you before you blink. The only choice you have is going of your own free will or by force. You won't be alone of course. We'll be with you."

"We?" I asked, pointing between him and Zion.

"Since when did you and Zion become close? And you can't even stand to look me in the eye, why would you accompany me?" I shot at the both of them.

"Zion has been helping me with a few things."

"A few things? Even now you can't trust me enough to be honest?"

I turned on my heel to leave once I realized neither of them had nothing to say.

"We leave tomorrow at 1," Zion said flatly, not a morsel of emotion in his voice. I blinked back tears at the coldness of his tone before using the last bit of my energy to flit to the White Wing. My bones ached from training all day but it was nothing in comparison to the pain I felt knowing that I'd drained all the love and affection out of Zion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415 2 20
Just because my kind are labled as demons - it doesn't mean we are monsters. But I am. I don't want the people I love to suffer. I don't want to fe...
7.5K 1K 80
A war has been declared between the powerful sapiens and the lesser species. Caught in the crossfire, humans are looking to their new queen and the o...
124 0 12
She found herself awoken in a new world. A world that was hostile, toxic, and a stranger to what she had ever known. Alone, confused, and powerless t...
47 6 5
''To all the men who pretend to be gods, and all the women who will succeed them.'' Centuries ago, the world was cursed by the gods. A large tree spr...