Lose It

By gabriellawrites_

"If I could have left right after my brothers passed, I would. The time I spent away from you was worse than... More

π–Όπ–Ίπ—Œπ—
π—‰π—…π–Ίπ—’π—…π—‚π—Œπ—
𝖾𝗉𝗂𝗀𝗋𝖺𝗉𝗁
π—‰π—‹π—ˆπ—…π—ˆπ—€π—Žπ–Ύ
PART ONE
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
PART TWO
I
II
III
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX

IV

1.5K 65 9
By gabriellawrites_

MONTH THREE OF PREGNANCY

JULY 4, 2028

"They're here! They're here!" Nina squealed, rushing from the window to the front door.

Rebekah was about to scold her for running while pregnant, but remembered their family could very well hear and kept her mouth shut.

"Come in! I missed you guys so much," Nina smiled, throwing her arms around Kol's middle and squeezing him before doing the same to Davina.

Kol, not expecting the action, furrowed his eyebrows and looked towards his sister, who in return shrugged. Davina, on the other hand, returned the bright smile and hugged Nina back just as enthusiastically.

"Everyone should arrive shortly. Love, why don't you show them around the house?"

Rebekah nodded, catching Nina's subtle message. While in her third month of pregnancy, the human had started to get even more symptoms. She was lucky for not having them at first, but now they were catching up to her. All the excitement she felt was crashing down and she was beginning to feel lightheaded, nausea slowly creeping in as well.

While Nina went to the bathroom to collect herself, Rebekah began the tour.

"So, is Marcel really bringing his lover? It's about time he found someone. I thought he'd never get over you," Kol spoke, eyeing the pictures on the wall as they passed by.

"I can't believe he didn't tell me anything," Davina sighed, "I used to talk to him about you! I still do sometimes."

"You talked smack to Marcel about me?"

"If I had to put up with you everyday, I would as well," Rebekah scoffed, leading them towards the backyard.

As soon as the three stepped outside, Lexie and Nik began barking, running over to the group. Davina giggled as they jumped on her and Kol, the witch eventually bending down so she could pet them better.

"How do you find these creatures adorable?"

"Nina wanted them; and when Nina's happy I'm happy."

As if Rebekah summoned her, the human came outside with Nathaniel, the vampire holding a gift in his hands.

"Should I ask what's in the box?" Kol raised an eyebrow, folding his arms infront of his chest.

"No, and even if you did, I wouldn't tell you."

Nina wasn't sure, but she could have sworn she heard Kol mumble 'asshole'. With her hormones all over the place, Nina couldn't stop smiling and was practically bouncing with happiness. She couldn't wait for everyone to get here so they could finally tell them the news.

While Rebekah took the gift from his hands, Nina linked her arm with Nathaniel's and lead them over to her garden.

"So..."

"You wanna know about Rosie, don't you?"

Nina smiled sheepishly, "You told me a bit over the phone, but I'm really invested in your love life now."

"When you told me to go talk to her two months ago, I decided to do it. I think it was the first time in my life I was nervous. I mean, it had been months since I saw her and I thought she would've forgotten about me. Anyways, I went to this bookshop she works at—"

The human gasped, "She works at a bookshop? Oh my gosh, I think I love her. Can you introduce us? We can be friends!"

Nathaniel snorted, "If you come to Los Angeles then I will. As I was saying, I went to her work and it was raining—"

Nina gasped again, unlinking their arms and putting her hands to her mouth. "This is some romance novel type stuff! Please tell me you had roses. Wait, no, keep going. I promise I'll stop interrupting."

Rolling his eyes, he continued the story, "When she saw me through the window, I thought she was pissed. Turns out, she was scared something happened to me since I hadn't talked to her in months and wouldn't stop hugging me for five minutes."

Nina beamed, her fists shaking in front of her chest.

"Why is Auntie Nina doing that with her hands?" Nik questioned, tilting his head as he walked up to the two.

Nathaniel laughed at the way Nina frowned, her excitement fading. It didn't last long though, when the human crouched down to her nephews level then picked him up, twirling him around.

"Stop it! You'll mess up my hair!"

The vampire laughed even harder, taking the young boy from Nina's hands and carrying him upside down over his shoulder back to the rest of the party. Although Nathaniel loved messing with Nik, he had to admit he was a bit worried that something would happen to the baby if Nina was playing with the boy. He would never say it out loud, but the human woman was as close to a best friend as he would get.

At the beginning, she was only his ticket to getting his revenge. But after all this time, she wormed her way into his heart, the feeling of wanting to look out for her always being there.

"Where's your girlfriend?" Nina questioned Marcel with one eyebrow raised, a small smile playing on her lips.

Marcel rolled his eyes, "Not here. And she's not my girlfriend."

Kol coughed the word 'liar' into his hand before looking back up with an innocent smile.

"Since everyone's here," Rebekah announced, bringing the attention off of Marcel, "Let's eat before it gets cold and all my hard work goes to waste."

"You didn't cook anything," Nina mumbled, but went inside to grab food nonetheless.

✵ ✵ ✵

"Nina, why don't you have some wine?" Kol asked, raising the bottle off the table.

The woman quickly shook her head, instantly regretting it once she tasted vomit in the back of her throat.

"No, thank you. I'm trying not to drink much."

Kol nodded, bringing the glass to his lips to hide his smirk.

The truth was, he already knew Nina was pregnant. The second he entered the house, he could hear the extra heart beat. Why no one else picked up on it was beyond him, but he decided to have a bit of fun messing with his sister in law.

Unfortunately for Nina, Nathaniel was also feeling a bit mischievous and was planning on doing the same.

"Why is that?"

Rebekah narrowed her eyes at the man, her signature glare causing him to innocently tilt his head.

"Um..." Nina trailed, looking to her wife for help.

"Because she bloody wants to. Why are you so curious?"

"We're just making conversation, sister. No need to get angry," Kol replied, sneaking a glance at Nathaniel.

Once their gazes connected, they both knew the other was aware of the pregnancy. They also knew that now, they could cause even more drama.

"What is everyone's thoughts on babies? Would anyone like to have any," Nathaniel asked, his question getting a confused look from everyone except three people.

Kol was trying not to laugh, Rebekah was about to break the fork in her hand, and Nina's face was flushed.

"There are so many options in this new age," Kol spoke, receiving a curious look from Davina. "Adoption, surrogacy, inseminations."

"Do you know anyone that was inseminated, Kol?" Nathaniel questioned, bringing his cup to his lips.

"You know Nathaniel-"

"I'm pregnant!" Nina blurted, her voice pitched high and her cheeks flushed red.

It was silent for a moment before everyone started speaking at once. Davina, Freya, and Keelin were beaming, getting out of their seats to hug the woman. Marcel said a quick congratulations before rolling his eyes at Kol and Nathaniel who couldn't stop laughing. Rebekah had her napkin rolled up in her hand, hitting Nathaniel repeatedly on the arm before doing the same to her brother.

"Can we name this baby Nik too?" The young boy questioned, tilting his head at his mothers.

"No, love. I think this world has seen enough Nik's." Freya smiled, putting her hand on his shoulder.

While all the women were bombarding Nina with questions, Rebekah looked to the wall on her right at the two pictures of her late brothers. She desperately wished they were here to celebrate with the rest, but she knew in her heart they were at peace.

"Can I just say that I was the first to know," Nathaniel spoke, grinning at the way Kol glared accusingly at his sister.

Very short filler chapter that I'm not a huge fan of but I wanted to update!!

This isn't edited so if there are any mistakes, I'll come back eventually and fix them :)

Also, happy pride month! All of you are so valid and loved <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

409K 12.1K 29
Ingrid Erikson was a very important person to the Mikaelson family. She was an honorary member of sorts, being there for all of them even when their...
163K 2.5K 36
~ Cassandra - Cassy Mikealson. Klaus's twin sister the one that her family hates most, only Kol and Finn are the ones she has dear and they are the o...
22.8K 502 39
*Sequel to The Secret Mikaelson* {COMPLETED} It's been three years since the battle with Marcel where the Mikaelson family was defeated. Three year s...
74.7K 931 23
All Mikaelson siblings, except for Freya, had children. Elijah and Katherine had a daughter named Olivia Nia Mikaelson Pierce. Kol and Davina had a s...