๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ฌ๐’Ž๐’‘๐’“๐’†๐’”๐’” ๐’…๐’†๐’”๏ฟฝ...

By vixenthevillain

Xu Yang lived a happy life until she met her first love who she married thanks to her father's power, but fro... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
bonus chapter

XV

9.3K 293 12
By vixenthevillain

It was early in the morning, but Xu Yang woke up due to a headache.

❝Ji An!❞Xu Yang called getting out of bed slowly.

❝Yes, miss?❞ Ji An immediately came in to the room and saw her miss's pale face. ❝Miss, are you sick?❞

My head hurts, can you make some headache medicine?

❝Yes, immediately, Miss.❞ Ji An rushed out of the room to prepare the medicine.

Xu Yang sat on her bed looking outside as the sun was slowly raising.
"Beautiful " she though smiling a little.

❝Here, Miss. ❞Ji An came in and helped Xu Yang take the medicine. ❝I will go tell the kitchen to prepare your breakfast. ❞

❝Miss, you have three letters arrived this morning from Saju.❞ Jiang Meng said holding the papers in his hands.

❝Give them to me.❞ Xu Yang positioned herself more comfortable in her bed.

She was dressed in her nightgown, her black hair loose falling on her shoulders and back, a little messy, but very pretty. Jiang Meng was taken back by the sight and froze for a moment, but woke up when hearing his name called.

❝Are you feeling alright, Jiang Meng?❞

❝Yes, I'm sorry miss, I was lost in track. Here.❞

He gave Xu Yang the three letters and stepped back a little, still looking at her. One of the letters was in a gold envelope, the second one was in a red one and the third in a purple one. She opened the golden one unfolding the paper and saw Mi An's sigil at the bottom on the paper and smiled.
"How beautiful" Jiang Meng thought looking at her sleepily smile.

"My dear friend,
I hope you're doing good here and I already miss you. I'm planning on visiting Xuan soon so prepare for that, hehe. Did you found a plan about your divorce? Don't forget to ask me for help if you need it, I will be very mad if you don't ask for my help if you need. I can't wait to see you again soon, take care of yourself."

Xu Yang smiled once more, feeling grateful for having such a good friend.

❝Is it good news, miss?❞ Jiang Meng asked.

❝Yes, very good indeed.❞

❝That's amazing Miss.❞

Xu Yang nodd her head and chose the purple envelope next.

"To her majesty, the Empress,
This lowly one used to money her majesty have me to renovate and repare the shop, I hired three young kids to help around and business is going good, her majesty, the Queen, helped the shop by providing clients. Your majesty can come collect the money in three weeks time. This one hopes your majesty is healthy and doing well.

Your trusted servant,
Du Han. "

❝Very good.❞ Xu Yang smiled satisfied.

❝More good news, miss?❞ Jiang Meng asked curious.

❝Yes, yes, the shop I bought in Saju is doing well, in three weeks I will have to send you to collect the money. ❞

❝Congratulations, Miss. This servant with take care of the task.❞

Xu Yang opened the red letter.

"To her majesty, Xu Yang
As I told you I took care of the tea house, business is going well and money aren't going to be a problem. Some of the customers heard our tea shop is owner by a extremely beautiful and misterios woman, some think she is a goddess so they come daily hoping they would see the owner. I wonder where they got that information from, hehe. You can send the young man for the money in three weeks. Oh, a little birdie told me a certain Empress asked the Emperor for a divorce and it didn't end well. If you ever want to ruin the marriage with an affair you know where I live, those rumors about the tea shop owner being a goddess aren't far from the truth. Take care of yourself, your majesty.

Your most amazing subject,
Wei Jin. "

Xu Yang scoffed at Wei Jin's comments.

❝This rascal... she said laughing a little. ❞

Jiang Meng wanted to ask about the letter, but Xu Yang replied without him asking anything.

❝Wei Jin and his stupid behavior... the tea house I bought from him is also going amazing, you will need to collect money from him too in three weeks. This man source of information is very good...❞ Xu Yang said putting the letters under her bed, in a box.

❝Miss, I came with the breakfast.❞ Ji An announced before entering the room with two other servants carrying trays with food.

❝Good, thank you. Ji An, Jiang Meng stay here so we can eat together today. ❞Xu Yang sat at the table and smelled the breakfast.

The two sat at the table and start to eat with their miss.

❝Oh, right! Miss, on my way to the kitchen I've seen two doctors going to concubine Ki Palace.❞ Ji An said.

❝Is she feeling sick?❞ Xu Yang asked.

❝Actually, last night I also saw doctors going to the concubine's Palace. ❞Jiang Meng added.

❝Weird. ❞Xu Yang said continuing to eat.

"Could the doctors be there to check Concubine Ki fertility? Is my past life she called secretly doctors to check on her... Hm, I wonder what she'll do after she discovers she is perfectly healthy."

❝Keep an eye on what's happening at Lotus Palace(Concubine's Ki Palace) , Ji An. ❞

❝Yes, miss.❞

After the three finish breakfast, a eunuch came to tell Xu Yang the Empress Dowager and Emperor are waiting for her at Empress Dowager Palace. With a good mood she goes and greets the two who were chatting and eating breakfast.

❝How are you, child?❞ Empress Dowager asks Xu Yang.

❝Good, your majesty.❞

❝That's good then... you see, I think you know why I called you here. I mean it's also that I enjoy your company, but there there are matters to discuss.❞ Empress Dowager said.

❝Such as, your majesty?❞ Xu Yang asked as if she didn't know already and picked her tea cup.

❝The thing your proposed yesterday, daughter.❞

❝I already told Yang'er it won't happen.❞ Zhang Wan said.

❝Yang'er? Are you two getting closer?❞ Empress Dowager asked with a small smile, soon to dissappear.

❝Yes. ❞
❝No. ❞

Zhang Wan and Xu Yang looked at each other irritated.

❝Don't be so cold, Yang'er... or are you getting shy now that mother is here?❞

❝Oh, my!❞ Empress Dowager exclaimed.

❝We aren't getting any closer, your highness. Lying to yourself won't change the reality.❞ Xu Yang said looking at him with the flame of determination in her eyes.

❝Lying? You are my wife, Yang'er and that won't chance.❞

Xu Yang has a pissed off smile, warning that she is losing her patience.

❝Xu Yang, dear, I know marriage isn't easy, especially marrying an Emperor, but you don't need to end a marriage because of small things. Empress Dowager said trying to comfort Xu Yang.

❝Then, if there is nothing more to discuss, I would like to go back to my room.❞ Xu Yang stated.

❝Isn't there any chance to delete everything that happened and start everything again beween us, Empress?❞

❝No, your majesty.❞

Xu Yang left and went back to sit on her bed.

❝Miss, I've managed to get one of the doctors concubine Ki called for, do you want me to interrogate him?❞Jiang Meng asked

❝No, I'll do it. Get him here.❞

❝Yes.❞

Jiang Meng left and came back with a old man with long white beard and a mustache.

❝This one greets her majesty.❞ the man went on his knees.

❝Rise. Now tell me, why is concubine Ki calling so many doctors? Is she sick?❞

❝Your majesty...imperial concubine Ki told me not to tell anyone... please spare me.❞

❝She won't know, don't worry. Just speak.❞

The man looked up at Xu Yang.

❝Imperial Concubine Ki suspected she may have fertility issues so she called for doctors to check on her.❞

❝And? Is she infertile?❞

❝No, your majesty. Imperial concubine Ki is fertile.❞

❝I see. Tell me your name.❞ Xu Yang said looking at the man in the eye.

❝Zu Mao, your majesty.❞

❝Zu Mao... do you want money? If you do some things for me, I will repay you generously.❞

❝What does her majesty mean? Does her majesty plans on killing someone?❞ the man asked with his eyes slightly widening.

❝No, not like that. I want you to be able to confirm to his majesty that concubine Ki is healthy and maybe check his majesty as well.❞

The man gasped a little, his mind started to put pieces together.
"Why would the concubine ask suddenly for her fertility to be checked? Why would she suspect she is infertile? If she tried to get pregnant with his majesty and didn't worked she got suspicious so she called for doctor, but she is healthy... that means his highness is the one with problems?"
After getting to that conclusion he gasped again.

❝Oh? You finally put everything together?❞ Xu Yang said.

❝It can't be... your majesty... his highness...❞ the man was shocked at the thought the Emperor is infertile.

❝But it is. Soon his majesty will discover about this matter and you'll be there to confirm concubine Ki is fertile and I will ask his majesty to let you check him as well. What do you say?❞ Xu Yang asked smiling thinking about that bastard's face when he finds out.

❝How much?❞ the man asked after a moment of silence.

❝Straigh to subject, very good. Is this good enough?❞ Xu Yang said throwing a pouch with 14 golds in it. The man looked at it an gasped slapping his mouth.

❝This much? Your majesty... this lowly one will serve you well! Thank you! Thank you!❞ he said with a face filled with happiness at sight the gold.

❝Leave now and wait for Jiang Meng to come for you soon.❞

❝Yes,yes, long live the Empress!❞

The man left.

❝What are your orders, Miss?❞ Jiang Meng asked.

❝I'm not sure, what is your opinion? Do you have anything in mind?❞

Jiang Meng thought for a moment.

❝I think it's better to talk to Concubine Ki, your majesty can make her talk to his majesty and reveal the truth to him. Oh, I just remembered, this morning while Miss was with Empress Dowager and the Emperor, concubine's Jong maid went out of the Palace and as expected she went to see Wei Zan. Maybe concubine Jong is thinking to escape her arrest to see him. ❞

❝Your idea is good, I'll go see concubine Ki now. Keep an eye on Mu Jong.❞

❝Yes, miss.❞

❝Oh, I meant to ask something, Jiang Meng. Are you satisfied with working for me? Am I working you too much? You can take some days off anytime you want, just tell me when. I can give you money to spend too.❞

Jiang Meng smiled and looked at Xu Yang with adoration.

❝This one appreciated miss caring about my well being. I'm more than happy to work on Miss's side so please don't worry about it. Miss trusting me with her personal affairs makes me happy so please keep working this one.❞

❝You're too good, Jiang Meng. I'll need to thank father for giving me someone so capable and loyal. You're always doing a good job, don't forget to think about the days off, I mean it.❞ Xu Yang expanded her righ hand and rested it on Jiang Meng's head.

They looked into each other's eyes as she pat his head slowly. Jiang Meng was smiling. He felt truly appreciated.
After the sweet moment, Xu Yang went to see Concubine Ki.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 205 76
Part 4 In her previous life, as Yun Xi lay on her deathbed due to a terminal illness, her famous painter husband said to her heartlessly, "Yun Xi, le...
59.3K 2.4K 20
โ”€โ”€โ˜… ห™๐Ÿ“๐‚๐‹๐€๐”๐ƒ๐„ ๐ƒ๐„ ๐€๐‹๐†๐„๐‘ ๐Ž๐๐„๐‹๐ˆ๐€ ๐— ๐…๐„๐Œ! ๐‚๐Ž๐๐‚๐”๐๐ˆ๐๐„ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘ ๐— ๐•๐€๐‘๐ˆ๐Ž๐”๐’(?) ฬŸ !! โDid the idea of being a par...
14.3K 1.1K 26
The Blind Concubine is living in his pitch black world, all alone in a house on an island in the middle of a lotus lake. He thinks that he had long g...
291 2 8
(UPDATES INTERMITTENTLY) A regular guy gets reincarnated into a palace intrigue novel that he's been reading as a background character. Yes, you've...