𝐎𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬

By Lancaliii

Opposites More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
33.5
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
45.5
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
60.5
61
62
63
64
65
66
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Fanart

67

35.9K 1.8K 3.6K
By Lancaliii

Two Days Ago

Shigaraki hadn't seen Toga in over a week. He never truly worried because she tended to run off at times. But she was meant to report to the Hassaike tomorrow. It was more important she be back at the hideout now than ever.

When Tomura and Dabi were done contemplating the league's future that night on the rooftop of their hideout, Compress gave him the news he'd been waiting for: That Toga finally returned.

However, she wasn't alone.

Walking down the stairs and into the main, rather dark meeting room, the league's leader was surprised to see not only his ally in an unfamiliar school uniform, but also a boy standing behind her.

It didn't take the tough posture he held, nor the eerie, warning red of his eyes for Shigaraki to recognize Bakugo the instant he laid eyes on him. It took nothing but the energy of strength and the same face of the boy he once saw screaming over your dead body.

Toga explained herself:

Her whole Shiketsu adventure, how she'd gotten intel on their end, gotten to see Midoriya again. Though it wasn't her most joyful bit, she finished off by saying Bakugo caught onto her scheme and made a strange deal.

The entire time he spoke, Bakugo just stood against the door with his arms crossed. He stared at Shigaraki with a neutral expression as if he wasn't surrounded by villains. As if he was just... waiting for a chance to say his piece.

Once Toga finished her story, Tomura just nodded once and dismissed her. She was safe now, could do her job, that's all that mattered.

As for the little problem she brought back with her...

"You do realize we could easily imprison you again given that you're outnumbered-"

"Don't treat me like I'm stupid."

That was enough of an introductory dialogue.

Bakugo took a single step forward, planting his hands in his pockets and raising his chin as if he owned the place.

Even so, Tomura could tell Katsuki'd changed from the time he'd seen him at the sports festival on that pedestal, even from the time he was kidnapped. He was much less egocentric now, far more grounded and adjusted to reality. Not to mention, a hell of a lot better at using his head.

Dabi noticed too. Out of loyalty, he paced to the side, away from Shigaraki. Because even if Katsuki was less explosive in personality, the man remembered what his quirk could do when he was properly motivated. And just incase he got pissy, Dabi wasn't gonna let him blow him or his friends to hell.

"You sent someone to not only spy on us, but to get information on Y/n- not cause you're planning shit. It's cause you wanna make sure she's okay," Katsuki reasoned, Tomura sighing at the boy's perceptiveness.

Tomura didn't have the air of someone ready to take on the world you see. Instead of standing like he owned an empire, he slouched, never looked anyone right in the eye for too long. Instead it looked like he was uninterested in anything... just waiting for something far different than Bakugo.

But that meant he was easy to read.

"You saved her and you still care," Katsuki went on, "That means you're not gonna ruin her life by killing me,"

A mocking scoff of a laugh sounded on Bakugo's right. His head snapped in that direction, his calm aura turning sour at the sight of Dabi leaning against the wall, his foot propped up on it.

"You sure think highly of your relationship, don't you kid?" The man smirked, chest still slightly shaking from his humor.

"She died for me." Bakugo bit through his teeth, barring them threateningly as he clenched his fists. His memories of Dabi weren't very fond. And the most prominent one was of him holding you up by wires sticking out of your neck. "The same girl you tortured and dragged around like some kind of dog."

"Easy," Compress spoke loud and clear to all in the room. It was easy to tell how even the sight of Dabi got Katsuki all riled up, so he was just doing his best to pacify the situation.

Letting out a heavy breath of self-restraint that kept him from absolutely rocking Dabi's shit, Bakugo turned back around to face Tomura.

The only one who's evened the score, he had to remind himself. He's the only one who can give me what I need.

"I have a condition if we're gonna keep talking," The boy said, raising a finger and pointing at Dabi without even looking over. "Him. He leaves."

Shigaraki adjusted his coat with one hand, pinching the bridge of his nose in stress and frankly just exhaustion from all the sleepless nights of preparing his plan.

"Dabi is a member of the league. He stays until this meeting is adjourned," He said, more like he was bored and wanted Bakugo to get to the point.

Katsuki tch-ed.

"He stays and I kill him."

"I won't allow that either."

Stalemate.

Never in his life did Shigaraki believe he'd one day be debating with your lover over whether or not he was allowed to murder one of his allies, but-

"Can I at least punch him for all the crap he pulled?" Katsuki growled as if he'd actually thought about it.

Dabi let out another mocking fit of laughter, rolling his eyes.

Shigaraki gave Dabi a side-eye. Sure he was being less of a cunt and helping out more nowadays, but he did go a little far when you were captured. Was never subtle about the fact that he'd take advantage the second Shigaraki gave the okay too, so-

"That sounds fair,"

Shigaraki shrugged his shoulders in a whatever sort of motion, Dabi's smirk immediately fading into a what the fuck expression as he turned to his boss.

"Huh?"

Of course Tomura didn't even get to answer him before Bakugo's fist collided so hard with his jaw Dabi almost fell over.

The sound alone made both Compress and Spinner cringe as they took a single step back towards the wall.

"Fuck," Katsuki breathed, shaking his hand out in afterthought, the staples from Dabi's skingrafts cutting his skin, some of the blood splattering onto his shirt and neck.

That'd be sore for a while. Although it was worth it when Dabi stood back up straight with a hand to the side of his face, some redness trickling down the side of his mouth. He still had the scar you gave him with your skull across his nose too.

It made Bakugo happy to know you'd both been able to make your mark.

Dabi? Not so much.

Lost in his temper and the fact that he just got sucker punched, Dabi started to stomp over to Katsuki, hand reached out, blue fire lighting his palm.

"You little shit-"

Bakugo got into a fighting stance, but there was someone else Dabi hadn't thought of in the room. Someone who wanted anything but your non boyfriend boyfriend harmed in the slightest.

Before Dabi could so much as make contact or get within two feet of him, his entire body was tripped up and slammed against the wall, his fire put out instantly too.

Bakugo's eyes went wide. He took a step back, everyone else in the room flinching from the sound of the wall almost breaking through from the impact.

Dabi groaned from the onset soreness, sitting up only to feel whiplashed as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"What the fuck, Shigaraki!?"

Katsuki furrowed his brows, not understanding. When he looked back to where Tomura stood, the leader looked like he was inside his own head as he muttered, "That wasn't me."

Bakugo. Atomic spoke, inside Shigaraki, like he was looking through glass with his hands pressed up against it as he blinked curiously at the old friend he once knew.

Yes I can see that. Shigaraki informed him.

Protect.

Protect him without breaking Dabi, would you? Shigaraki internally rolled his eyes. And go easy on my wall.

Sorry wall.

Don't sorry wall, just-

"So you do still have him," Bakugo said, outloud, probably without meaning to.

Shigaraki's eyes opened at his words, gaze meeting his.

Of course he knew. He was the last holder of Atomic before he transferred to his nervous system. Unlike Bakugo or any other person Atomic'd ever existed inside of, Shigaraki felt made for this quirk.

When it spoke, it was clear, it was easy to understand even if the communication wasn't exactly through language, but rather through energy.

And just like Atomic felt protective of all those you cared about, Tomura included, he felt the same towards the power. Not for any selfish reason, just... because honestly it made him feel closer to you. It made him feel less like his only power was to destroy.

"Before we start," Tomura said, ignoring Katsuki's earlier question. "When you leave here tonight, how do I know you won't give any information about us to the heroes?"

"Because she cares about you too. She trusts you. If you get taken to prison or killed, she'll never forgive me."

"Ah," Not Tomura, but rather Dabi spoke now, standing again. He passed his fingers carefully back and forth over the torn, raw skin of his jaw, used his thumb to wipe the blood away. "Mutually assured destruction,"

Because if either Shigaraki or Bakugo broke the terms of whatever agreement they made, both would suffer consequences they couldn't afford to.

"It's a neat arrangement," Dabi laughed, "Till she pisses him off, they break up, and suddenly we're all in Tartarus cause you put us on the line for the boyfriend of your precious little-"

"Shut up!" Bakugo screamed, not very pleased at having his and your honor tainted by some lowlife like him.

When the two ran at each other again, ready to brawl and burn each other like territorial dogs, Shigaraki stuck out his arm.

"Atomic," he whispered.

The order was silent as ever, but the nice thing about Atomic was his independence. There wasn't much to do except say his name. The moment he was needed, he could feel what you wanted. Could sense trillions of interactions between the atoms that made up everything around his host.

Not only that, he could sense the energy of intention. So if it came down to keeping Bakugo and Dabi away from each other, all it had to do was change a few of those trillion reactions around till the conditions of the environment matched that intention.

Like a neat, yet highly emotional chemical formula.

Atomic was more powerful in that sense than any quirk Shigaraki'd ever encountered.

Dabi and Bakugo were separated by gust of air in opposing directions. Dabi almost fell over, as if pushed aside. Bakugo merely took a forced step backward, stunned, as if someone merely took his hands and asked him to be careful.

When the feeling vanished, Katsuki couldn't help but stare down at his palms and wonder... did Atomic really remember him?

"Dabi," Shigaraki warned because in all honesty, the sheer length of this meeting was pissing him off. "Best shut up now,"

Turning back to Bakugo, he nodded his head once, wanting to get on with it. "Tell us what you want. In return, I want your word that she's safe-"

"She is-"

"Let me finish." He bit, the first hint of emotion peering through his aggressive tone.

Back then, Tomura sounded like a fussy child who threw tantrums when he couldn't get his way. He wasn't a leader, he was a sheltered, manipulated loser in Bakugo's eyes.

Now? Knowing the truth about you, about his master too? With Atomic's aura at his back?

He seemed almost as intimidating as All for One.

"She met a dangerous man the other day. How, I'm not sure- but he's strong. Stronger than us as of now." Tomura said, warning Katsuki to keep an eye out.

The boy panicked for a second, couldn't piece together how Tomura even knew such a thing, but you were gone overnight for your work study. Maybe something happened.

"He didn't take her hostage, but given the condition in which they met, I don't think he's done with her yet. Thankfully, I'll be able to keep an eye on him. I have a plan regarding that front,"

"Tell me it-"

"Don't get too comfortable," Tomura warned. Because even if him and Bakugo had common ground they were still formally enemies. That's the way it had to be to keep up appearances anyhow. "What I want from you is simple. You keep our contact a secret. I find out you're telling anyone, including her, about this then all communication ceases. That being said, you'll use this contact to let me know, every week, that she is safe and unharmed."

Shigaraki took out a burner phone from his back pocket and tossed it to Katsuki, signaling to Compress to give him the corresponding other.

"Boss," Compress whispered, handing him the phone. "Can't we use him for more than that?"

"We already have an insider for all the intel we need at UA, Compress," Shigraki whispered back. "Anyway, it's best not to get someone as honest as he is involved in our more complex business,"

"Quit talkin behind my back! It's pissing me off!" Bakugo yelled, looking down at the burner- a type of phone that's untraceable to police or heroes, usually only can communicate with a single other contact.

This all seemed sketchy and Bakugo hated lying, but...

"I accept your condition," He said begrudgingly, stuffing the phone in his pocket.

"Good. Now tell us, Katsuki Bakugo," Shigaraki said, glad to finally lift that weight off his shoulders. "What do you need from the league of villains."

Katsuki had to question himself before going through with this. Because he was entering a deal, a deal with people that his idols and heroes deemed as less than people. Just villains who needed to be eradicated for the wrong they did.

But remembering your sadness each and everyday, the longing in your eyes as you stared out the window and pondered other the thought that you might never really know where you came from...

"You were with Y/n when she got taken by All for One as a kid." Bakugo began, "Her memory's all messed up cause of that bastard, so she doesn't know, but you do. So I want you to tell me everything you know about her siblings. And if you know where they are... Bring me to them."

***

When you opened your eyes again, you couldn't feel the physical world. Only a ghost of it.

It felt like a dream. Because you weren't in some underground hideout anymore. Instead of walls and seemingly endless, maze-like halls, what surrounded you was only the sky. Dark and adopting stars as evening turned into night.

When you stood, looked around, you were still in your hero costume, still you, but inherently unpresent, like...

Like you were living out nothing but a memory.

"Tenko?" A child's voice caught your attention, making you jump backwards.

Finally looking anywhere but up, you realized you were in someone's backyard. Full of grass, a little porch leading to a beautifully built home, adorned with a tiny swing set, and a tool shed against the fence.

It felt familiar. Like you'd seen it before deftly tucked away in some corner of your recollections.

Setting eyes upon the child who's voice you'd heard, you were sort of shocked at their appearance.

It was a little girl. Her hair was cut to the shoulders, darker, her clothes pretty and folded with care. She was trotting from the doorway, giggling slightly, holding a little stuffed cat in one arm.

Afraid she'd see you, that you were somewhere you weren't supposed to be, you tried to take a few steps back, but-

As the girl just ran through her yard, she didn't even notice you. Even as she passed just a foot away. It was like in whatever dream you were living out, she couldn't perceive you.

Of course, when she got close enough, that hair blown behind her by the draft, it was like time slowed. Because she couldn't have been more than three or four years old. Yet when you finally saw her face, you saw nothing but yourself so long ago.

"Tenko?" She called again, stopping dead in the grass, turning in little circles. Jaw fallen, expression wondering, stuffed kitty hanging in her hold, the little girl's big eyes scanned as if searching. "Tenko, where'd you go?"

Such a sweet, tiny thing, you wished you could go up to her, lay a hand on her shoulder, ask if she was okay. However, she truly couldn't see you. Couldn't hear your breaths or feel your existence, because maybe- in this time at least- this version of you truly didn't.

A little noise came from inside the shed then, catching her attention. That big smile she wore coming out her house once again lit her face as she ran to the shed, her steps small yet quick.

"Tenko!" She yelled with joy as she managed to open the big creaky door, the knob almost too high up for her to reach. "There you are,"

Following her, you stood at the doorway, your body not casting a shadow as it should have on the concrete ground of the tiny tool shed. Your vision scanned up to find a body only slightly taller than the girl in the far corner.

"What is it, y/n?" The boy asked and when he rose his head from between his arms that were hugging his knees, you almost gasped.

Tenko's eyes met yours. Well, not yours in the present. The eyes of the little girl that was you in the past.

He couldn't have been more than eight or nine years old. There were tears streaming down his face- that face puffy from crying, riddled in scars, a line of blood trickling down the corner of his mouth. His hair was darker too, eyes still shining red, only dimmed from sadness.

But he was smiling. Smiling like he was trying to let the girl across from him know that everything was okay when it clearly wasn't.

So happy to have finally found him, she probably didn't notice at first.

"I was looking for you- I-" The dark deceived her into thinking he was okay, but as soon as she got a little closer, her laughing toned ceased. "You're hurt,"

It was but a mumble, but the worry in her voice made Tenko's breath shudder as his smile he was forcing so hard almost disappeared.

"It's not that bad," He whispered, his throat hoarse. He reached to scratch at his neck then, the girl closing the distance and kneeling in front of him. "Don't touch it," He begged with gentle afterthought, cupping her little hands as if they were more precious than his, keeping them away from his wound.

"B-but I wanna help you!"

"No," He said, shaking his head slightly, wiping at the blood on his face. "I deserved it,"

The look on the girl's face reflected your feelings exactly. Why would a child think they deserved an injury like that? Something that looked like a slap to the face, the stress causing him to scratch till he bled.

With defeated, still confused air, the girl sank to her knees in front of him, blinking as she questioned, "Why?"

The boy's smile shook as he held in his tears the best he could, perhaps remembering how he'd gotten that bloody lip.

"Because father said so, I think," he muttered and your heart nearly cracked in two.

"He's wrong," The girl said, probably not fully understanding. She placed her hands on his knees, tried to get closer. "Just come home with me,"

"I can't," Tenko said, sighing as he let his forehead fall against hers. In search of any warmth that was within reach.

"But I don't want to leave you," The girl wrapped her arms around his knees in an attempt to hug him, the little stuffed cat still in her hand.

"It's okay," Tenko assured. And that smile started to feel even more painful for you to bear witness than for him to fake. "I'll see you soon,"

There was a sudden banging sound, like that of a door getting slammed shut, Tenko and the girl both jumping till suddenly a figure of a man appeared and Tenko started to bawl. The girl stood up, in front of him, protecting her brother.

And for the first time in your life, you saw your father's face as he stormed into the shed and started to scream at his child.

***

If you think I made a mistake or there's a plothole- bring it up here. I've been planning this from chapter 8. Any mistake or plot hole or mistake you think exists has an explanation. :)

Easter Eggs:

- This is the same dialogue as the dream Shigaraki and Y/n shared at the start of Part 3

- Little y/n was holding a cat because when she had the dream in chapter 58, she was holding Katsuki (Kat)

Patreon has 72

Read Forgotten Colors if you haven't (Dabi / Shigaraki / OC fic)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 2.9K 74
**GENDER NEUTRAL Y/N** there are a lot of chapters but they're really quick reads <3 ✧༺ ♡༻∞ ❁ ∞༺ ♡༻✧ 🏅 #1 - #animeoneshots 🏅#2 - #mhafanfics 🏅 #3...
55.2K 1.8K 42
___________________ oh no! ╭──╯ : ̗̀➛𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃 「 a bubbly girl ...
109K 3.3K 28
【𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐌】 # ᵏᵃᵗᵃʳᵃ ⁱⁿˢᵖⁱʳᵉᵈ ᶠᴿᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ ˣ ᵇⁿʰᵃ ᵇᵒʸˢ # ᴵ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵒʷⁿ ᵃⁿʸ ᶜʰᵃʳᵃᶜᵗᵉʳˢ ᵒʳ ᵃʳᵗ # ᵀⁱᵐᵉˡⁱⁿᵉ ᵐᵃʸ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵇᵉ ᶜᵃⁿᵒⁿ # ʸᵒᵘ ʳᵉᵖˡᵃᶜᵉᵈ ʰᵃᵍ...
5.7K 144 13
𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐤.𝐛𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐠𝐨𝐮, 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡, 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬 𝐢𝐭.. ...