The Pride Awards

By diverselylit

šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ CLOSED TILL 2023! šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ šŸ†2021 WINNERS ANNOUNCED! šŸ† The Pride Awards are created with the goal of re... More

The Pride Awards
Eligibility
Rules and Guidelines
Judging Criteria
Prizes
2021 Winners!
2022 Participant Form
Participant Sticker!
Romance Entries
Fantasy Entries

A Diversity Message:

216 34 3
By diverselylit

LET'S TALK ABOUT DIVERSITY BEFORE WE BEGIN

"Diversity" means more than just acknowledging and/or tolerating differences. Diversity is a set of conscious practices that involve:

Understanding and appreciating the interdependence of humanity, cultures, and the natural environment. Practicing mutual respect for qualities and experiences that differ from our own. Understanding that diversity includes not only ways of being but also ways of knowing; Recognizing that personal, cultural, and institutionalized discrimination creates and sustains privileges for some while creating and sustaining disadvantages for others; Building alliances across differences so that we can work together to eradicate all forms of discrimination.

Diversity includes knowing how to relate to those qualities and conditions that differ from our own and outside the groups to which we belong yet are present in other individuals and groups. These include but are not limited to age, ethnicity, class, gender, physical abilities/qualities, race, sexual orientation, as well as religious status, gender expression, educational background, geographical location, income, marital status, parental status, and work experiences. Finally, we acknowledge that categories of difference are not always fixed and can be fluid. We respect individual rights to self-identification, and we recognize that no one culture is intrinsically superior to another.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
Alina By ihidethisapp

General Fiction

1.4M 35.8K 75
The Lombardi family is the most notorious group in the crime world. They rule both the American and Italian mafias and have many others bowing at the...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
1.3M 114K 58
RATHORE In a broken family, every person suffers from his insecurities and guilt. Successful in every field but a big failure when it comes to emoti...