The First Moon Child (Second...

By CharlieA

Prisoner in Malfoy Manor? Check. Missing Fred and Clary? Check. Find out I'm the First Moon Child? Yup, got t... More

1: Meeting Voldemort
2: Missing Marley
3: A Moonchild and Horcrux
4: Good guy Malfoy
5: The Vents
6: No Replacement
7: Hi, I'm Sam, Other Moonchild
8: The Making of the Great Escapé
Hide and Seek (Filler)
9: Be (NOT) Our Guests
10: A Bit of the Unexpected
11: Now where?
12: Weasley Determination
13: The Invisible House
14: Smoker, Cocky, and Third Moonchild
16: Georgie's Plan
17: Back to the Burrow
!!!!!!!!!!Fan COntest!!!!!!!!!!
18: Love and Death Eaters
19: Welcome Home Marley... and Others
20: One Big, Happy Family... Close Enough
21: The Green Eyed Monster
22: Monkey and Penguin
23: A Blast from the Past
24: Confused Weasley Feelings
25: Bliss... Until...
26: Pinky Promise
27: Welcome to Hogwarts
!!!!!!!!!Fan Contest Results!!!!!!!!!!!!!
28: Fred Weasley, My Love
29: Angelous Tacy
30: Rivals
31: Second Chances
32: The Truth Comes Out
33: Say Goodbye
34: The Boy Who Lived, and the Moonchild Who Died
35: We'll Meet Again Someday

15: The Locket

13.2K 396 186
By CharlieA

Disclaimer: DO not own any of the harry potter characters except my own.

Chapter 15: The Locket

            "Max! The shower is cold again!" I heard Sam yell from the doorway of the bathroom, I looked up from my book as I lay on the couch to see Sam only in a towel, hair soaking wet with some essence of some kind of hair product still in her hair. I sighed, as I realized I had just lost my spot in my book I was reading. Sam and I had been here for almost over a week now, and it had been like we were all roommates, which technically we were. Sam and I sleep in the living room, while Max still has his room, he didn't want to give up his precious bed to girls. And yes, Max is the same as the first day as I met him. He is still cocky, rude, and aloof, but I can somewhat tolerate him now; it's like living with a younger brother, which ironically I am older than both Sam and Max. It's funny, since I am also the shortest one here, and Max is the one that thinks he is the oldest, but he isn't. Since I'm the first moonchild, it means I was the first one born out of the moonchildren. "Max!" I heard Sam yell interrupting my train of thought as I looked up to see she had moved from the doorway of the bathroom to the wooden floors of the living room, dripping water onto the floors.

"I think he may be outside." I called out from the couch as Sam sighed.

"Marley do you think?" Sam asked as before she could finish her sentenced I groaned, but got up reluctantly, to see Sam smiling from the doorway of the bathroom.

"I'll go get him..." I trailed off as Sam smiled.

"Thank you!" She exclaimed as she went back into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. I groaned as I turned and heading to the back door, which was placed in the kitchen. I opened the door letting the cool spring air kiss my exposed skin. I sighed, I really wish I could actually have some of my own clothes for once; I was wearing some baggy shorts, and a white shirt, all belonging to Max... I hated wearing his clothes, because it smelt like smoke, which made me gag.

I walked outside stepping onto the wet dew covered grass, as the wetness sent small shivers up my spine, but made a smile appear on my face none the less. I walked around the back of the house looking for Max, but knowing where he'll probably be. Once I turned around the corner I saw Max's figure bent over the hood of the grey truck parked by the side of the house. "Max!" I yelled as I saw his head drop, as he turned around to reveal his yellow pupils and cocky smirk, cigarette placed in his mouth like usual.

"Hello dollface, what do I owe this annoying greeting with?" he asked with a smirk as I rolled my eyes, I really did not like it when he called my dollface, but he'll never stop.

"The shower turned cold again." I replied nonchalantly as Max frowned.

"Bloody hell, you guys go through that hot water like elephants." He replied blowing a puff of smoke as I wrenched my nose in disgust as saw him smirk. "What you don't like the smoke?"

"No. I think it's bad for you, and it reeks." I replied truthfully as he gave me a wry smile.

"And that's exactly why I do it." He responded as I frowned, and looked over to see some tools placed around the open hood of the truck revealing the large engine.

"What are you working so hard on? I mean that truck doesn't look like it's going to be running any time soon." I said looking at the truck; it looked like an old car that broke down years ago. Why was he even bothering trying to fix it up?

"So little faith, just so you know this baby will run in no time. Plus I need it to drive up to the little village not too far from here, that way I can get me some more smokes." He said smacking the hood of the truck down with affection; I believe the only thing he really cares for is that truck. "It's better then wasting my energy going there by fire and less hot." He replied with a smirk as I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"What do you mean by fire?" I asked standing in front of him with my arms crossed, letting my feet massage themselves in the wet, soft grass. Max looked at me with a smile.

"Oh right, I forgot to mention that didn't I?" he asked as I looked at him. "Well you see I can sort of apparate to places, except I sort of transport to places by combusting into flames and then reappearing in flames."

I gawked at him; he had defiantly failed to mention that. "Why didn't you mention this before?!" I gasped as he smirked.

"Because I didn't feel it was that important." He shrugged as I glared at him.

"Not important, I think it might be important to tell us if you can just combust into flames and be in a place in seconds!" I yelled as he just scoffed.

"Eh well you know now don't you?" he asked with a smirk as I glared at him.

"Wait, can you take other people when you... you know teleport?" I asked him cautiously as he raised an eyebrow at him and blew out another puff of smoke. I shook the air making sure it didn't make it to my face.

"I've never tried, and I don't intend to, so don't get any ideas dollface." Max said looking at me suspiciously as he started to walk around the house towards the inside as I followed him in pursuit.

"Why not?!" I complained as he sighed.

"Because you'll probably burst into flames as well, look you may want to get back to that guy of yours and your little girl, but I'm sure they want you back in one piece not in ashes." He replied as I glared at him.

"If you've never tried it how do you know I'll be hurt as well?" I asked following Max inside the house as he groaned.

"Because you'll be burnt to a crisp, just like a marshmallow burnt on the outside but all gooey on the inside." Max replied as I rolled my eyes, and I started to walk back to my couch, but stopped when I felt a hand grab my arm, I looked around to see Max staring at me with the small bud of the cigarette in his mouth with a smirk. "How about this, once I get that truck running I'll take you to wherever you want to go."

I looked at Max and smiled, it was the times like these that made me truly realize he was a human being who had a heart. "But if you touch my radio I'll kick you out and you can walk wherever you want to go." Max continued as I frowned, and it were times like these that I wanted to hit him!

"Thank you Max." I said holding back my anger and sighing in response, he only smirked.

"Yeah yeah, don't go getting sentimental on me. I don't do that mushy stuff." He replied as he let go of my arm and turned around to the bathroom as he knocked on the door, revealing a pissed off Sam in a towel.

"Finally! Do you know how long I've been waiting in here, with conditioner still in my hair!?" She yelled as I smiled, I loved it when Sam got mad at Max, because it rarely happened and when she gets mad, she really gets mad.

I smiled as I jumped back onto the couch, grabbing the book from earlier as I heard the sweet arguing erupting from the bathroom. We were all seriously like roommates, a bunch of teenagers with freakish powers living together.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I sat against the couch next to the blazing fire, listening to the soft breaths coming from the sleeping Sam on the couch above as I looked at my locket, with the fire blazing in front of me. I had been awake for over an hour now, I just couldn't get to sleep, not without seeing their faces. When I mean their, I meant Fred and Clary. Usually they were wonderful dreams when I saw their faces, but these were nothing but nightmares, always leading to some kind of horrific death, and it was getting torturous seeing it over and over again in my dreams. I sighed as I looked at the locket, the only thing on my necklace now, I smiled as I looked down at my left hand to see the beautiful lily shaped diamond ring on my ring finger. I could actually wear this without worrying.

I then looked back at the small silver locket; nothing was special about it, no intricate designs, and no extravagant metals. Nothing out of the ordinary of a regular locket. What was so important about this locket that my mother wanted to tell me about? I opened it as I looked at the photo in the locket, the same photo. I was 12, bushy brown hair, and then there was my mother, a beautiful woman with soft curls. I smiled softly at this photo, it was the photo taken when we had gone to the park, a day before my thirteenth birthday.

I frowned as I looked at the photo, the memory seemed so hazy now. It seemed like something was blocking that day in the park, but what? I groaned in frustration, as I worked my brain, trying to see what I could remember, but it was like that day was wiped clean other than the fact we took a picture together, and Tom was the one that took it, but that's it. I looked at the photo again as my eyes then noticed a glimmer in the background. The same glimmer I saw when I was in my old room at Malfoy manor, I gazed at the photo; the glimmer was getting brighter, and brighter. Until it felt like it was filling the whole room, I shut my eyes abruptly from the brightness, and soon all I saw was darkness.

I opened my eyes to see I was in a completely different place, I was not inside anymore, and no I was outside. Outside it a beautiful grass filled field with flowers blooming all around, a few hills just ahead of me with trees spotting some of the space in the field. I blinked my eyes to see if this was real. The breeze felt real, and the smell of the grass smelt real, but how in the world did I get in a pasture? I looked around to see no one in sight. "Hello?!" I yelled, "Is anyone here?" I yelled again, I sighed. Maybe this was a dream... but why would I dream of a place like this?

"It's not a dream." I heard a soft familiar voice say from behind me, I quickly turned around to be faced with my mother standing in front of me.

"Mom?" I asked looking at the beautiful woman standing in front of me. She looked exactly the same the day she died, short curly dark brown hair, while she wore a short knee length orange sweater dress, with a brown belt around her waist. I looked to she was even wearing the same high heels. She smiled as she looked at me.

"Marley, you are looking beautiful." She said with a soft voice as I stared at her, it wasn't so much a shock to see her now a second time, but slightly surprising.

"Mom? Where are we?" I asked looking at her as she smiled.

"Why we are in your memory, this place doesn't look familiar to you?" she asked looking at me as I shook my head. "Well that may be because of the magic surrounding this specific memory." She said with a sigh as I looked at her.

"What do you mean? What was that glimmer in my locket? Mom what's happening?" I asked looking at her as she sighed.

"Why don't we sit down and I'll explain it to you." She replied as she walked over and then there in the middle of the field was a conveniently placed picnic blanket. She went over, took off her shoes and sat down on the blanket. I followed in pursuit as I sat down next to her. "Okay... well like I said before, this here is your memory. We are in your memory, a vague memory. The glimmer was the sparkle of your memory; I had placed it in that locket, in case you were ever to need it." She said as I looked at her.

"A piece of my memory was in my locket? How?" I asked questionably as I looked at her.

"Honey, I'm a witch with a swish of my wand I can make you into a frog." She said with a grin as I smiled.

"Wait, if you put it in there, how come I could see it?" I asked looking at her.

"Your eyes... Since you're a moonchild and the first born you have the sight." She said with a groan.

"The sight? That's what Max said, what does that mean?" I asked looking at her.

"It means you can see things for what they really are. Trickery, magic, a thing like that doesn't go by you. That's also why you could see that boy's house, he had it under a rare and protective charm that wouldn't allow anyone to see, not even a muggle. But you saw it for what it really was. Same with the locket, you always saw something in that locket, a glimmer, a shadow, something. That's why the magic didn't last too long, so it sent you here, where I am to explain basically everything to you..." she said with a sigh as I looked at her.

"Everything? What do you need to tell me?" I asked looking at her.

"The day I put that spell over you to block your memory, it was also the day you figured out your powers." My mother said as I stared at her.

"I figured out my powers before now?" I asked looking at her as she nodded.

"Yes, now I want you to listen to me. This was for your own good, I was a single mother and afraid of everything." She said looking up at me as I nodded. "Okay well remember that day we had went to the park, well you thought we went to the park, but it was actually this place." She said pausing as I looked around us in the field, no wonder it seemed so familiar, but there was something else about this place that seemed familiar. "You may also think this place is familiar because well, just over those hills is where the Burrow lays." She said pointing to the hills ahead of us, as my eyes widened for a split second, then I stood up wanting to run over those hills. I was so close. "Marley, no. They aren't there, first off this is just a memory remember? And the second reason, they are at Aunt Muriel's, remember?" She asked as I sighed and sat back down. "I'm sorry." She said lightly as I shook my head.

"It's fine, just hoping... So, you were saying we were by the Burrow when I was younger? And we never went and met with the Weasleys then?" I asked looking at my mother as she sighed.

"I didn't want to see them... but you, you really wanted to go over those hills, it took me everything to convince you not to go over them, but when you were coming down, you tripped. I think you got your clumsiness from me." She said as I looked at her, "Well you tripped, and over there," she pointed to where I saw a small stream leading who knows where. "there use to be a broken tree branch coming out of that stream, I guess it broke sometime when it stormed once, well it was sticking dangerously out of the ground, the end were sharp. Sharp enough to cut someone. You had tripped, and you were trying to stop, but you couldn't. You were approaching that branch rather quickly, and back then I didn't really know about your powers so I acted, maybe I could have just used my magic, but I wasn't thinking and before you know it you were in my arms." She said quietly as my eyes widened in horror.

I remembered, I remembered all of it. The day we went to this place, the day Tom took our photo, the day I tried climbing the hill but then tripped. The day my mother caught me when I fell down that hill, the day all the blood appeared in that stream. "That day... you..." I said trailing off as I looked up at my beautiful mother, with her smile plastered on her face.

"Yes Marley, that was the day I actually died." She said simple as I gasped.

I remember that day! She had stopped me from getting impaled by the broken tree, but she was impaled instead! There was so much blood that poured out of my mother that day, Tom had panicked as well, he was the one that pulled my mother out of the branch and placed her on the floor. He then apparated, saying something about getting help, I was panicking, my mother's breathing had turned shallow and she was dying. Even then I knew she was dying, and I just remembering going crazy. I couldn't lose her, not then. My mother had placed her blood drenched hand on my cheeks, and then it dropped in an instant, that's when I knew she was gone.

Something happened in me that day, I'm not sure what, but something broke free. The last thing I remember was a bright white light erupting from my hands, while my eyes and back burned like fire, and then nothing but darkness. "You..."

"Yes I died. What all do you remember?" she asked me as I placed my hands to my head, what in the world was going on?

"I-I remember there was so much blood, and then Tom left to go get help. You were on the ground, and my hands were on you, trying to stop the bleeding like they do on the TV show, and then before I knew it this bright white light erupted from my body it felt like. My eyes and back burned like fire and then I blacked out. Then I remember waking up the next day, totally forgetting about that day all together." I replied as I remembered all of it, how I just completely forgot about the contents of that day, I just remember waking up the next day, and it being my birthday while mom brought a cake in my room.

"Marley... That was the day you really found your gift, the gift of healing and sight. Your eyes saw the exact place where I needed to be healed in order to save me; they analyzed the situation in milliseconds, and your hands worked. But you were so emotional, and in terror that your mind didn't exactly know what it was doing and it was new. So your power was too much for you to contain and it erupted. Maybe the sight of seeing my lifeless body caused all that, I'm not sure, but whatever happened it brought me back. When I woke up, I was perfectly fine, no blood, no wound, nothing. And then there you were, lying on the ground completely passed out. I figured out what had happened pretty quickly, so I took the chance to take out the memory, and then place it in your locket where it hides the small outline of the Burrow. When Tom came back with a medical witch I had told them both that Tom had just saw it wrong, that I was just playing around, but I didn't expect them to get so worried. I got an earful from the both of them." She said with a smile as I stared at my mother, this was a lot to take in.

"Why didn't I freak out the day you died though?" I asked looking at my mother as she gave me a wry smile.

"You never saw my body. I made sure that if I would ever to die and you weren't around, I wouldn't allow you to see me. Honey, I was scared of your gift that is why I made sure you never figure out your power, I was scared it would hurt you. Messing with death is never a good thing, even if it is someone you love, you shouldn't mess with death. If someone dies, they need to stay dead." She said firmly as she looked at me, I nodded, somewhat. "That day you were young and naïve so I understand that's why you did that, but you can't mess with death sweetie. Or else you'd be just like Voldemort himself, never mess with death." She said sincerely as I looked at her.

"Alright mom..." I said awkwardly, adverting her gaze. I had no idea what she was talking about, why would I resurrect someone from the dead?

"Well our time is about up, but before you wake up remember to look at your locket when you wake up, you may find the place you're suppose to go." She said with a smirk as I looked at her as I stood up, she then smiled. "So who's the lucky man?" I heard her ask as I raised an eyebrow at her question, she pointed to my left hand as I looked down to see the Lily shaped ring sparkling in the sunlight as I blushed and grinned.

"Mom... I thought you already knew everything." I said as she smiled.

"Oh I do, but it doesn't me I don't want to hear."

"Fred Weasley..." I said quietly as she smiled.

"Like mother like daughter, we just can't seem to not fall for those Weasleys and their charms." She said with a grin as I smiled. "I wish I could be there for the wedding..." she said trailing off as I frowned.

"You will." I said quietly as I looked up at her. "You will always be a part of my life." I said quietly as I smiled at her, she smiled.

"I love you Marley," she said as I noticed the images around me starting to fade. "Remember, nothing is worse than taking someone away from death." She said firmly as I nodded, but had an eyebrow rose. And soon enough the images were completely gone, and everything was dark.

"Hey." I heard someone say as I felt someone poking me. "Hey. Dollface." I heard the same voice same, and this time a harder poke on my shoulder. "Wake up." The voice said again, but it was accompanied with a gruesome smell, a stench that smelt like something was burning.

My eyes started to flutter open, as they were greeted with the face of none other than Max. "Ugh... what!?" I asked with a groan as I saw a smirk plastered on the cocky boys' face. He breathed out another puff of smoke as I coughed for some fresh air.

"Wake up. The truck's running." She said nonchalantly as I sighed, and then I bursted up from my position on the floor, everything clicked, the village, the hills, everything!

"It clicks!" I yelled as I heard a thump, and knew that Sam woke up and probably fell off the couch. I immediately opened up my locket to reveal the small outline of the Burrow in the background, on the top of a far hill.

"What the bloody hell!?" I heard Sam yell, "Do you know what time it is?" she asked as I smiled.

"Pack your bags guys! We are going on a trip!" I announced with a wide smile, I looked to see Max had a confused look, while Sam just looked frightened.

This was going to work.

________________________________________________________________________________

Well here you guys go! it took me awhile to write this one, cause i really wanted to try to answer most of the questions, and then i just needed to write this chapter! Soon Marley and Fred will reunite! :D I hope you guys enjoyed it, it's not too exciting. :) But the next chapter will be based on the Twins now.

Please vote and comment! I love all the feedback i get! I'll make sure to get the next chapter up tomorrow at least! :)

Soon I will put up a thing about the contest I'm thinking about doing for you all. :) So keep checking back here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 10.3K 13
When Malfoy Manor burns, the wizarding world is unmoved. Enter Harry Potter, whose new hobby (now that the Dark Lord is gone) is finding stray surviv...
780 160 44
Set in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Book 1 in the Custos Terrae Series The destruction of war left little hope as darkness threatened to snat...
39.7K 1.2K 53
Part two of Little Miss. Snape. He's back. Can Luna and Draco make it through? Will Luna be able to keep her cool? Years 5- After war FIRST BOOK- Lit...
76.4K 3.2K 50
SECOND BOOK IN THE AVA POTTER TRILOGY Ava Potter has been given a task by Lord Voldemort that she is not sure she can complete- bringing her brother...