Duplicity | E. Jaeger

By M3IKO0O

โ—ค "๐‘ซ๐’๐’'๐’• ๐’„๐’“๐’š, ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’š - ๐‘ท๐’“๐’๐’Ž๐’Š๐’”๐’†, ๐‘ฐ'๐’๐’ ๐’•๐’‚๐’Œ๐’† ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’ ๐’ˆ๐’๐’๐’… ๐’„๐’‚๐’“๐’† ๐’๐’‡ ๐’š๐’๐’–."โ—ข ... More

โDUPLICITYโž
ยฐ 001
ยฐ 002
ยฐ 003
ยฐ 004
ยฐ 005
ยฐ 006
ยฐ 007
ยฐ 008
ยฐ 009
ยฐ 010
ยฐ 011
ยฐ 012
ยฐ 013
ยฐ 014
ยฐ 015
ยฐ 016
ยฐ 017
ยฐ 018
ยฐ 019
ยฐ 020
ยฐ 021
ยฐ 022
ยฐ 023
ยฐ 024
ยฐ 025
ยฐ 026
ยฐ 027
ยฐ 028
ยฐ 029
ยฐ 030
ยฐ 031
ยฐ 032
ยฐ 033
ยฐ 034
ยฐ 035
ยฐ 036

โ•ฐโ–บ prolouge

18.9K 804 1K
By M3IKO0O

"I'm fucking tired of this, Jean!"
You shouted in frustration as you stomped off, slamming the front door on your way out.

You just needed a moment to cool down— embarrassing as it was to show your face outside the door of your apartment, where you were positive that the whole complex heard you having yet another fight with your boyfriend. Walking over to the frigid concrete staircase, you plopped down on the top step and grabbed the joint that you had snuck into your pocket on the way out.

Jean hated it when you smoked, made you promise him you'd quit - and you did, mostly. It was times like these that you needed that stress reliever, even though you knew once you stepped back into the house with even the slightest hint of marijuana on your person, it would start a whole different fight of another kind all over again.

You fumbled with the lighter as you dangled the joint in between your plush lips. Flicking it once... twice... three times - sparks flew from the tip with each roll of your thumb, but to no avail, it remained flame-less.

"Gotta be fuckin' kidding me," you groaned in frustration, sliding the defective lighter back into your pocket as you curl your head into your knees, squeezing your eyes shut tightly, hoping... well, you weren't even sure what you were hoping for, exactly. A miracle, at this point.

"Hey."

You startle at the abrupt interruption, lifting your head up expecting to find Jean standing there,catching you red handed with your drugs. Instead, you're met with a pair of beautifully intense jade eyes, to which you breath out a sigh of relief.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare 'ya." The man who you recognized as your neighbor chuckled, taking a seat next to you. He glanced at the joint that balanced delicately in between two of your fingers, gently leaning into you just a bit as he reached into the pocket of his sweatpants.

His shoulder brushed up against yours, the scent of his cologne wafting in your direction as loose strands of his long brown hair tickled your skin. The action had your limbs prickling with goosebumps, though you'd surely just blame it on the chill in the air.

"Ah, found it." He smiled, holding up a pretty green lighter that seemed to match his eyes almost perfectly. "Need a light?"

"Oh my god, thank you!" You beam, maybe a little too excitedly. You didn't mean to sound so desperate, but you couldn't contain the anticipation of that first hit, eager to take your stress soaring into the clouds.

He chuckles at your adorable enthusiasm, passing you the lighter. You finally spark a light with ease, inhaling deeply as the smoke finally fills your lungs. You hold your breath for a good while, before finally letting the smoke escape your lips as you exhale.

You hold the joint out in his direction, silently offering him a hit. He smirks, taking it from your fingers as he swallows a puff of smoke. You watch carefully as he tilts his head back, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down just slightly as he swallows, then exhales into the crisp air.

You really can't help but to admire his perfectly handsome features. His chiseled jawline, his gorgeous green eyes, his pretty pink lips that always seemed to look perfectly moist despite his rough looking exterior - His cute little nose held a silver hoop on the right side of his nostril and his strong, muscular arms were littered with tattoos.... the man was a work of art, a masterpiece.

You had run into him a few times here and there... down by the mailboxes, taking out the garbage to the community dumpster, passing him in the staircase as you brought your groceries up to your apartment— each time he would flash you a little smile accompanied by a 'hello.'

You found yourself more times than not having to remind yourself that you're a taken woman, even if your relationship is a complete shit show at this point. There was no harm in admiring the handsome man, right? You would never act upon your silly little crush - It was harmless. This was the most time you'd ever spent with your neighbor, and even though the two of you weren't even speaking to each other, you were definitely enjoying his company as you simply passed the joint back and forth.

The sound of the front door of apartment beginning to open flustered your mellow composure, realizing that Jean was finally coming out to look for you. Panicked, you yanked the joint from the man's lips as you put it out against the concrete step.

"Uh-oh, you gonna get in trouble if he sees you with me?" He smirks, teasingly.

"No, but he'll be pissed if he see this." You remark, hiding the warm joint into your palm as you swiftly shove it down into your pocket.

"Ah, gotcha. Seems like a buzzkill."
He jokes, before standing up as he peers at Jean from the corner of his eye, who now makes his way towards the staircase.

Lowering his hand to you, he offers to help you to your feet. Grasping his roughly calloused palm, he pulls you up effortlessly as his muscles flex underneath the sleeve of his shirt. Taking a look down the walkway, you spot your irritable boyfriend eagerly approaching the two of you. You quickly remove your hand from the man's strong hold, realizing that you've kept it there a little too long.

As he begins to walk away, he flashes you one more pretty smile.

"Name's Eren, by the way. Nice to officially meet you."

"Y/n." You say, returning his smile with your own as you watch him walk away, muttering a quiet 'hey' to Jean as he passes by him.

Before your boyfriend can even say anything, you brush past him to start heading back to your place. You didn't want to fight with him anymore, especially not out here, so it was best if words were left unsaid for the time being.

Pushing your hands into the pocket of your jacket, you feel two lighters instead of one.

'Shitforgot to give this back to him,' you realize, looking across the hall at the apartment door where your handsome neighbor lives.

With Jean following closely behind you, you decided against returning it to him now. You thought it best to not make more trouble than necessary...

Besides, there's always tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 167 5
"๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ง ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ." ยฐ ๐ช๐‘‚ โ™ก ๐ช๐‘‚ โ‚’ ๐ช๐‘‚ โ™ก ๐ช๐‘‚ ยฐ boo...
379K 17K 55
๐™„๐™‰ ๐™’๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ๐™ƒ a young teacher moves to the outskirts of the city with her husband meeting a peculiar broken boy who is a student of hers. Getting o...
69.8K 2.7K 19
หš เผ˜โ™ก ยทหš โ‚Šหšห‘เผ„ุ˜. ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐š ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ž๐ฑ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐ง๐ฎ๐ฆ๐›๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐›๐ž๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๏ฟฝ...
488 33 4
After finally escaping four years of high-school, you deserve a fresh start to a college you've always dreamed of attending, "Utopia". With you also...