The Badass Nerd

By random_quills

"What the hell did you do!?" I heard a feminine voice behind me. I groaned and turned around to meet a very a... More

Valorant and Caramel
Date and hugs
Let you go
Break up and Punches
Cafe and Butt
Breakdowns and Sarcasm
That's what she said
Kit Harrington and Batman
Kisses and Sherlock Holmes
Lasagna and Zombieland
Drinks and Balls
STD and Hot Chocolate
Chocolate Mousse and Fifty Shades
Odin and Annoying Alarms
Biology Quiz and Karaoke
Blank Space and Daddy
Poisons and Hospitals
Big Hug and Crime Scene
Flings and PJs
Pure Evil and Six to go
Teddy Bear and Gamble
Football and Man-whore
Team Spirit and Uber
Something with 'B' and 100% score
Irresistible Body and Library Aisle
Soft Tunes and Snores like a Whale
Walk of Shame and Badass Outfit
Fast and Furious and the Badass Nerd
Baby Shark and Halloween
Little Things and Red Flags
Disney Princess and Letters
Just Us
Editing Mode On

Cheese and Witcher

5K 129 8
By random_quills

I couldn't think of a better person than Phoebe Tonkin as Olivia Claire. She is just awesome and I am absolutely in love with her.

........................

"Olivia fucking Claire. Get your ass down here! You are gonna be late for school."
I jolted up from my bed and immediately hurried towards my bathroom. If there is one person that can scare the shit out of me, it's my mom. I am dead scared of her but in a good way, if that even makes sense. She is this amazing, strong and successful woman who has been there by my side since day one. You know those houses where parents scold their child when they use cuss words? Well, my mom taught me those cuss words. She has always been this cool mom for as long as I can remember. She is never afraid of anything and doesn't take shit from anyone. She taught me to become strong and stand up for myself whenever needed. I have no idea what I would have been like if she wouldn't have been my mom.

I quickly brushed my teeth, showered and hurried outside my bathroom. I have no idea why my alarm didn't go off. I cursed under my breath. Yeah, that's kinda how I express my emotions. I quickly changed into a deep neck peach tank top, skin tight black jeans and black boots. I put eyeliner and lip gloss and tried to untangle my wet hair as much as I can while hurrying downstairs. I have no sense of makeup whatsoever and it bums me out. I like looking extra pretty at some occasions and swear to god I have given it a fair shot but makeup hates me. I took mom's side in the kitchen and started making omelets for both of us. I know in most houses students of my age just grab the already prepared breakfast and head outside but I like working with mom. I know how to cook loads of dishes. My mom taught me some basic ones and I learned the others from the internet. While the egg was cooking, I placed two breads in the toaster and waited for it to pop. Simultaneously, I shaped the cooked omelets in squares. As soon as the bread was ready, I placed one on top of the omelets and flipped it. I added some cheese, my personal favorite, and on the other side I placed the second bread.

I waited for it to cook and started drinking coffee that mom already prepared. I saw her coming out of her room, her hair dripping wet and a towel around it. I was so engrossed, I didn't notice when she left the kitchen to wash her hair.

"Morning mum! Grab a seat. Bread omelets are ready." I put the prepared dish on the plate and passed it to her. We both ate in silence occasionally asking each other about the plans for today.

As soon as we were done, I grabbed my backpack and my black leather jacket and went outside. My mom took the car out of the garage and I took out my bike and we both took off. My mom is a senior manager of a steel industry and she often has to work at 'ungodly' hours. She makes huge money and everyone in her office absolutely loves her. She has a great sense of management and business and I admire her for that.

As I reached school, I parked my bike and met my friends. I have four friends, Ashley, Emma, Sofia and Mia. Ashley has beautiful grey eyes and blonde hair. She is a bit taller than me, around 5'7" I guess and she is a badass like me. Though unlike me, she loves biology and she strives to make her career in the medical field. Emma, like me, has chocolate brown eyes and dark brown hair. She has awesome sense of literature and music and she is a published writer for many magazines. She is my go to person whenever I want to watch a new movie instead of re-watching my comfort show, The Big bang Theory. I have watched the entire series like 9 times. Sofia is around 5'2" and she mostly focuses on politics and history. She hates social interactions and we basically have to drag her whenever we want to go to a party. Mia is the most mysterious one of us. She never says anything about what she wants to do in future, her passion, her philosophy, what kind of shows she likes, what are her hobbies, what's her favorite food. We don't even know where she lives and honestly, if someone tells us she is a serial killer, we won't be surprised.

When they saw me coming, they all greeted me and we went to the lockers.

"You heard there's a new guy in school?" Emma said while taking her books out.
"Junior, senior, our year?" I asked without looking at her. I have write-ups pending for chemistry tomorrow, I thought. I would hate to see Mrs Rothmen's sour face. She looks like she saw two snails making out.
"Our year, I heard." Ashley said and turned around to look at me, her back against the locker. I looked at her and she had a goofy and I-so-want-to-do-that-guy smile plastered on her face.
"He is hot, isn't he?" I asked her. I know that smile very well.
"Oh god her sex smile is creepy." Sofia said and we all laughed. Ashley lightly punched Sofia on her shoulder and she made an oomph sound.
"I am pretty sure you must have researched about him by now so lay it on us." Mia said.
"Of course I did. He is of the same year as us and  his name is Carter Grayson. He has been known to be a bad boy in his previous school, you know, player type personality, always picking up fights, anger issues, etc. etc. Although he is pretty good at studies. He opted for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, like you Liv. Today is his first day." She blabbed whatever she knew about him.

"Sounds interesting." I said. If he opted for same subjects as me, we will be seeing a lot of each other.

"Why the fuck did you not do my article?" I heard a guy shout. All five of us exchanged glances and went to where the voice came from. When I saw the owner of the voice, I rolled my eyes. None other than Mark. He has a habit of bullying weak nerds and make them do his work. It's about time he learns this school and the students are not his property. I looked at my friends and they all had similar thoughts, I can see it in their eyes. I made my way to the scene and stood in front of Mark, with my back on the nerd guy, Blake. Poor guy was shaking from head to toe. He was sitting on the floor as if he was pushed there and was on the verge of crying.

Mark gaped at me for a moment or two and then smirked.

"One nerd saving other nerd's ass. How touching!" He said giving fake adoration. I snatched the paper he was holding, supposedly his homework, and read the title. It was a freakishly simple English article. I smirked and rolled my eyes at him.
"You are making fun of us when you can't even write an article on Jane Austen's reasoning behind the title of her book, 'Pride and Prejudice'. How dumb are you? Did you take special classes for being this dumb or it's just a natural talent you were born with?" I said. I heard my friends laugh at my remark. They took their phones out and started recording the scene. This is gonna be famous for sometime I guess. He noticed the cameras too and he scowled at me.
"This doesn't concern you. Move!" He basically growled at me. I rolled my eyes.
"Well I knew you were dumb but I thought you would at least have a good comeback." I said in a bored tone. The people who were gathered around us started laughing all at once and I saw Mark's face turn red in anger. He pulled his hand back and I knew he was going to punch me. I ducked immediately and he missed his punch but I didn't. I put my hands in a fist and punched him under his jaw. He winced in pain and the crowd gasped. I saw the crowd and noticed one extremely attractive unfamiliar face. Our eyes met and he smirked at me.
'Good one' he mouthed and I subconsciously smiled.

"Ms. Claire, Mr. Reed. In my office, now!" I heard our principal yell at us and we both made our way to the office. Mark was holding his jaw and it was clear he was in pain. I stifled a chuckle. Poor guy is already suffering, I don't want to make it worse for him. My friends laughed at me when I was following Mark to the office and I gave them the finger.

I and Mark were sitting in front of Principal's desk while he glared at us.
"Do you know why you are here?" He asked. He was looking at us as if we told him Witcher season 2 is cancelled.
"This guy beside me is one of the many bullies that this school has harbored. I saved someone's ass from him and now I am getting a medal?" I asked smirking. I swear I never saw his face this red. It's safe to assume that he hates me but alas he can't do anything about it. I am a star student in this school, an asset they don't want to lose.
"Detention Miss Claire. One week!" He said. I shrugged and took the slip from him. He turned his attention to Mark.
"Is this true that you were forcing a guy to do your homework?" He asked. Mark meekly nodded while keeping his hand on his chin. He can't possibly deny it, it's all on camera.
"Detention for one week!" He said and handed him the white slip. He snatched and made his way outside but not before glaring at me. I smiled sweetly which seemed to piss him off more.

~Carter's POV~

She smiled at me and I felt my heart beating faster. When her chocolate brown eyes met mine, I forgot how to breathe. I didn't move, I didn't smile back at her, I couldn't do any of those things. I was just mesmerized by her long wavy brown hair, the lines around her lips when she smiled, the small tattoo she had on her neck. When she diverted her attention back to Mark, I immediately missed her eyes. She left me with millions of unfathomable questions and feelings. I pondered over them not being able to understand why I felt the way I did. My mind went back to the girl with whom I shared similar feeling, Beck. Her smile flashed in front of me but I shook it off. Never again, I swore to myself long time ago and I intend to keep it that way. I left my home and my high school because of her. It was just too much. Every thing reminded me of her. Every street reminded me of the time we went on long walks, every ice-cream shops reminded me of the cone we shared, my own room felt empty without her. It's hard to move on when all you can see around are traces of a stupid immature mistakes committed over and over again. I won't repeat that mistake again, I thought. 

"What was Mark thinking!?" Noah said beside me shaking his head pulling me out of my torturous mind.
"I don't understand." I said a bit confused. Is she famous here or something?
"Olivia Claire is a girl you would not want to mess with. She and her friends are like the bad girls in this school. You know the movies where there is a bitch girl and she has all these minions that are dumb and just follows whatever the girl says?" I nodded.
"Yeah well, something like that. Only difference, she is not a bitch, she is this totally awesome girl with a really cool personality and those are not her minions but her friends. They all are equally nice and amazing to talk to. They have been for each other since forever and they are super helpful and friendly with everyone. You just would never want to get on their bad side." Noah explained. I nodded and kept staring at Olivia as she walked to the Principal's office. Judging by her carefree body language, this is not new for her; she gets scolded a lot but if what Noah said is true, it must be for reasons that simply can't be put under 'right' or 'wrong' brackets. She sounds like me, like a bad girl and I so don't want to admit that she is really cool. I won't admit it.

"Does this often happen?" I asked Noah.
"Yeah. They all get into trouble but Olivia has the maximum record than anyone in this school. She somehow always gets away with it though." He finished.

............................

Omg I can't believe I finally started this. I have been thinking about this story for a long time. Let's see how it goes. Keep voting and sharing♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 44.1K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
328K 8K 40
"what the hell are you doing!" she exclaimed and covered her eyes. I walked closeer to her, our chests touching each other. her breath hitched. I fel...
3.8M 115K 44
He stares right at me, "You eat like a pig." "You look like a pig." I rolled my eyes, continuing to eat. "A pretty damn sexy pig." He winked. "You m...
2.3M 41.4K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...