Percy on deck

By Anakumolous24

When the god decided to kill Percy, Poseidon decide to rescue Percy and take him to S.S Tipton. What would ha... More

Prologue
Lost At Sea (Part 1)
Lost At Sea (Part 2)
New To School
Bermuda Triangle
The Beauty And The Fleeced
A Call Home
Birthday on Deck (Part 1)
Birthday On Deck(Part 2)
Can You Dig It?
Marriage 101
I Brake For Whale
Starship Tipton
Breakup In Paris
School Is Out
Thalia Has a Shock

Bailey's Birthday

395 16 2
By Anakumolous24

Percy on Deck

Chapter 13 - Bailey's Birthday

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

CODY

Cody sat on Zack's bed in Percy and Zack's room talking with Percy.

"I don't know what to get Bailey," worried Cody.

"Don't worry," said Percy.

Too late for that, thought Cody.

"We can go diving," suggested Percy.

"And how is that supposed to help?" scowled Cody.

"Easy," grinned Percy, "there are a lot of pearls here that we can go diving for."

Cody raised an eyebrow. "And how do you know that?"

Percy's eyes shifted away from Cody to Zack's pile of dirty laundry on the floor. Cody noticed that Percy did that a lot whenever Cody or Bailey or even Zack asked him how he knew so much about the sea. Well he didn't look at Zack's underwear, but he always looked away, and avoided their eyes.

Percy was always pretty open with London, and they often talked as if they were sharing an inside joke. One time, he had been covering a shift for Zack at the juice bar, (He had only done it because Zack had promised to take two shifts of towel duty for Cody) and Percy had referred to London as the 'granddaughter of the doves.'

The thing that had made Cody the most suspicious, was when Zack had told the group a story about them traveling to the future. He claimed he had dreamed it, but Percy had blanched when Zack had told them the story. He had admitted that he had a cousin named Jason who had cheated on his girlfriend, Piper, with Percy's girlfriend. The whole thing had been 'freaky' as Woody had said, before complaining that he wasn't in the dream.

Then there was the whole 'Camp Half-Blood' thing, which was supposedly a summer camp for people with ADHD and Dyslexia that Percy had gotten kicked out of. Percy refused to say why.

Cody didn't know what it was, but Percy was hiding something, and Cody was determined to find out.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

It was 12 PM when Percy, Cody, and Josh (Their Instructor) had left with two hours of air in their tanks.

They had fifteen minutes of air left, when it happened.

"This is fun," said Cody, "I should do this more often." His voice came out muffled.

"I love swimming," said Percy, "especially in the ocean. It makes me feel alive."

"Hey Josh," said Cody. It had been then that they had noticed that Josh wasn't with them. "Um, Percy, where is Josh?"

"Di immortales," scowled Percy, "he must of ditched us."

Cody turned around quickly, "Wait, what!"

Suddenly a popping sound could be heard, and then water started coming from Cody's breathing valve. He gasped as black spots danced in front of eyes, then everything went black.

Zack

"Zack," said Bailey, shaking him.

Zack opened his eyes, yawned, then stretched his arms. "What?" he asked, getting off of his bed.

"Has Cody or Percy stopped by?" she asked frantically.

"Uh, no?" asked Zack. He looked up at his digital clock on the wall. 3 PM.

"This isn't good." frowned Bailey. "They should have been here an hour ago." She looked off into space, then she turned back to Zack, "Get dressed."

Five minutes later, Zack, Bailey, London, Woody, Tutweiller, Moseby, and a Black-haired, blue eyed adult with a tan were assembled.

"Josh," said Bailey, to the unknown adult, "repeat to Zack what happened."

"About and hour and a half in, I suggested we turn back" said Josh, "but when I got no response, I looked back, and realized that they were gone. I head back up, because I knew that they would have to head up eventually. And Percy said he's dived many times, so I thought he would know that you should start heading up when you have twenty minutes of air left, to make sure you'd make it."

"They could have drowned," said Woody, bluntly.

Zack punched his friend. "My brother is not dead." he yelled, angrily.

"Percy can't drown," said London.

"What do you mean?" asked Bailey and Moseby at the same time.

"Uh...I mean because he such a great swimmer," said London.

"I'm sure they're all right," said Tutweiller, "they have to be."

"Well my daddy does own Tipton Island which is around here." said London. When everybody looked at her, she said, "What, I'm not as oblivious as everyone thinks."

Moseby pulled out his phone. "Captain, we need to take a detour..."

CODY

When Cody woke up, he was propped up against a cave wall. He saw Percy resting his eyes, leaning against the opposite cave wall.

Cody rubbed his eyes, and looked around. They were in a small tunnel, at a dead end. There was a small fishing hole in the side of the room.

"Are you finally awake?" came Percy's voice.

Cody's eyes flashed to Percy. "Where are we?" he asked.

"Welcome to Olympus Cavern under Neptune Isle," he said.

"How did we get here?" asked Cody.

Percy gestured to Cody's punctured Oxygen tank, and all of their diving equipment which was on the floor in a corner. "You're tank popped, when it got snagged in some branches, and you ran out of air," Percy hesitated. "I...brought you to a secret cave."

"How," asked Cody suspiciously, "Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to be alive, but it takes 5-10 minutes for humans to get brain damage, and 15 minutes to drown; And I don't feel dumber, or dead."

Percy cursed.

Cody raised his eyebrows.

Percy breathed in and out slowly. Then he snapped, a sound that echoed around the cave. Was it just Cody's imagination or did a gust of wind sweep through the tunnel.

Then in a slow, and steady voice, Percy said, "Nothing happened, you're tank didn't pop, we just ran out of air, and swam to the Neptune Isles."

For a second, fake memories swam through his mind, he saw himself and Percy:

"Uh Percy," he asked.

"Yeah?" asked Percy

"What happened to Josh?" he asked.

Percy looked around, then quickly he looked at the waterproof watch London had given him for his birthday. "He must of ditched us, we should head up we only have twenty-five minutes of air left. There's an isle near here."

"Yeah," he said, "Neptune Isle. Wasn't it named that because it was where Atlantis was rumored to have sunk."

"I wouldn't know," joked Percy, "You are the smart one."

The two reached shore, and stripped off their diving gear.

Then Cody jerked back to reality.

He looked around, and saw Percy looking at him thoughtfully.

"How did you do that?" asked Cody suspiciously.

PERCY

Percy frowned. This isn't good, he thought.

Time to try something. He wasn't sure it was going to work. He'd only done it once before...And it hadn't worked.

Percy breathed in and out slowly. Then he snapped, a sound that echoed around the cave. He felt a gust of wind sweep through the tunnel, like back in Maine three years ago

Then in a slow, and steady voice, Percy said, "Nothing happened, you're tank didn't pop, we just ran out of air, and swam to the Neptune Isles."

Cody's eyes glazed over.

It's working! thought Percy in surprise.

Unfortunately, that thought broke his concentration.

Cody's eyes 'unglazed', and a suspicious look to appear on his face.

"How did you do that?"

"Uh..." started Percy, trying to think up a good lie.

You can tell him, Poseidon's voice resonated through his head.

"How much do you know about Greek Mythology?" asked Percy.

BAILEY

Zack paced back in forth on the deck.

"What if he's not there?" Zack worried. "What if he's dead." His expression turned depressed, "And the last thing I told him was to shut up and go away."

"Shut up," scowled Bailey. "He'll be fine."

"You know Zack," said Moseby, "I didn't think you cared that much about your brother.

Zack's eyes turned murderous. "DON'T CARE!" he practically yelled. "OF COURSE I CARED! HE'S MY BROTHER...and I love him," he ended softly.

"Oh Cody, where are you?" asked Bailey.

CODY

"A lot." said Cody.

"It's real, all of it," he said, seriously.

Cody waited for Percy to yell, Ha! Got you! but it didn't happen.

Cody looked into Percy's sea-green eyes, then everything clicked into place.

A trident tattoo on his arm, a trident on his necklace: the symbol of Poseidon.

The way Percy knew everything about the ocean, and how he had turned on the SS Tipton's engine room's air conditioning.

Sea-green eyes.

Half-blood was another word for demigod, Cody remembered.

Cody gasped. "You're a son of Poseidon," said Cody.

Percy nodded, then he frowned, and cocked his head as if he were listening to something.

"Swear on the River Styx that you won't tell anyone without mine or London's permission." said Percy forcefully.

"The River Styx, the river of pain? London?" asked Cody. Then another piece of the puzzle fell into place. "Granddaughter of doves?" asked Cody, "London is the granddaughter of Aphrodite."

"Venus actually," said Percy, "now swear."

Cody nodded, "I, Cody Martin, swear on the River Styx to never tell anyone about the Greek Mythology World without the Permission of Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, or London Tipton, granddaughter of Venus."

Thunder boomed above. The oath was sealed.

BAILEY

The SS Tipton was just docking when the thunder boomed. Zack and Bailey looked up curiously, while London flinched.

"The sticks," she muttered.

Bailey frowned. What sticks.

London was the first off of the boat. "Welcome to Tipton Isle." she said. "Come on. Let's head to Neptune Cave."

When Bailey looked at her curiously, she said, "It's where Percy would go."

Thursday April 16, 2014

CODY

Percy and Cody were back on deck, but Bailey had 'requested' (forced) them to stay in the infirmary for a few days.

"What am I gonna do?" asked Cody, dejectedly. "Bailey turns seventeen tomorrow, and I don't even have a gift for her."

Percy grinned. "I wouldn't say that." He reached into his pocket and pulled it out a sparkling blue necklace. "Behold, the necklace of Trivia. When Atlantis sank, Trivia, who had been visiting Poseidon, left it behind. You found it, while we were diving and I just held it for you."

Cody's jaw dropped.

Percy's eyes twinkled.

Cody jumped off the bed, and ran out of the room.

Cody could hear Percy's laughter fading as he ran to his room to wrap up the necklace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

949K 36K 86
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
571K 12.8K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
862K 40K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
155K 7.2K 52
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...