Calm To My Chaos

By cia1500

You know how most of the indian girls are, obeying parents, staying at home, minding their business. Rhea was... More

Meeting
wedding
Gifts
Training
Return
Restaurant
interview
Shock
Avoid
good news
home
Preeti
her health 1
her health 2
weak
mom's wrath
Preeti engagement
brother
anniversary
his wedding meet
Rhea presentation
Panicked
Boom!
ex friend?
sorry
wedding again
visit
birthday
birthday (2)
birthday (3)
Hide
Hide(2)
Two
Another?
Convincing
This is it(1)
This is it(2)
Final Wedding
Epilogue

Invitation

914 32 0
By cia1500

Third person's pov

(For your clarification Jayant and Aditi are Vikram's parents)

Jayant kept pacing in their hall processing the plan his son just told him.

His first move was to convince his wife, to make her think that he was planning to Vikram and Rhea married and also to bring her on board.

"Aditi, what are you doing?" He called out his wife.

"Cooking dinner, what do want?" She replied from kitchen.

"If you are done, I need to talk to you about something," he needed to make sure she is focused on what he was saying.

"Give me five minutes, I will be done," she told him.

Ideas started to roam in Jayant's brain on how to start the conversation which would seem normal to his wife.

He can say that he was thinking about his son's marriage or he also can start by asking her about Rhea, finally Aditi came out of the kitchen.

"Come sit here," he called her on to the sofa.

She walked towards him and sat beside him on the sofa," what is it?"

"You know I was thinking about Vikram," he started slowly, observing her expression.

"What about him? Did he call?" She asked folding the clothes.

"No, he didn't, you know how he rejected the previous marriage proposal right?"

Aditi glanced at him and sighed, " yes, apparently she was too chatty and he didn't like her much, I don't know where to get a bride for him now."

This was the moment Jayant was waiting for and he immediately cashed it.

"I was also thinking about the same thing and you know what came to my mind, Aarushi was right, what if we married Vikram to Rhea?"

This was the first checkpoint in their plan, if she is not supporting this idea, then they should somehow make her to agree.

"Vikram to Rhea??" She stopped folding the clothes and started thinking about the idea, " I don't know, it doesn't feel right," she finished.

"But why, what do you think about Rhea?" 

"You know she is not same as her sister, she dresses different, behaves different, like a boy would behave, that would be the reason they both get along well."

"You see that's the reason, they get along well so it won't be a problem for Vikram to..," Jayant stopped to fit the right word," to..to like her, then your son can't give any excuses to escape from marriage."

"Do you think he is trying to escape from marriage?" Aditi turned to Jayant with a worried expression.

"I don't know I just think that might be an option, like why would he reject the previous matches we were bringing him, so if we asked him to marry Rhea then he can't say any silly excuse and we would know what he like."

"It seems to be a right idea, but what if he said yes, should we marry them both?"

"Rhea's parents are also searching matches for her, this would solve both our family issues in one go, isn't that great?"

"This is not an issue Jayant, it involves two lives, we should make correct decisions, not in haste to get them married," she argued.

"You see, Aarushi and Rhea are both sisters so there won't be any problem for her in adjusting with us, unless you don't like your daughter in law," Jayant knew she adores Aarushi and she can't say no to this.

"NO!, Of course not, she is like my own child, Rhea is also not that bad, she is sweet but a little childish, I think there is no wrong in trying, who knows what God has planned," Aditi agreed to Jayant.

Not God Aditi your son, Jayant wanted to say this but smiled instead.

"Dussehra is coming and it is Yash's first festival, so let us go to our children's place and also invite Aarushi's parents there, we can celebrate together and mean while let's ask them about their thoughts, if they are not okay with it, then it would be waste of us to even reveal it to the kids." Jayant revealed the next steps in their plan.

"Why wouldn't they accept, my son is handsome and earns well," Aditi glared at Jayant which made him burst into laughter.

"So, my dear wife is all set to welcome her second daughter in law," he teased.

Aditi smiled and hit his arm, " I will pack our luggage then." She moved to the bedroom taking out her clothes.

Vikram received a text - "step 1 done". He smiled knowing his father will go to any extend to help him out.

~~~
Rhea's POV

It's been three days I have been home and no one suspected me. But it feels weird to see them not know what is happening.

And I successfully lied about smiling like an idiot for Vikram as some random meme on Instagram.

Dad came early from his office work and now is free for the rest of the days I am going to be here.

"Thanks for taking leave dad, we can enjoy even more," I side hugged him sitting on the sofa beside him.

"Anything for my sweetie," he tapped my head and took the tea from mom.

"What do you think we should do mom?" I asked her who is going back to kitchen to prepare some snacks.

"Should we go to some movie dad?" I whispered to him because my mom hates theatres, she says she can't tolerate that smell.

"Maybe we can but your mom won't come, we can watch movies at home," he took his final sip and handed me the glass.

I went into the kitchen and she was preparing samosa," let me help you," I began to stuff the samosa as she fried them.

After we finished, I took my plate of samosas and went upstairs to my room. There were some messages for her.

I sat down on my bed and saw that there were only one message from Vikram-
See you soon with a wink face.

Before I can reply him, I heard dad calling me," Rhea, come down, it's urgent". I put my phone aside and went downstairs.

Mom was also sitting there in the sofa," what is it dad?" I asked as soon as I entered the house.

"Kiran's father called," dad made me sit in the chair near the sofa.
I am trembling now, what if Vikram told his father or even his mother and they called to inform my parents about me?

"They want us to go to Aarushi's place for dussera," dad explained.

'see you soon'

Oh my god, Vikram knew about this and he didn't even warn me, why do they need us to be there other than to talk about Vikram and me?

"It is Yash's first Dussehra and they want the entire family to be there," dad revealed making me sigh," isn't that sweet of them to invite us?"

"Yes, we should definitely go," mom confirmed, I smiled which was an yes from me because why not and also no words were coming out of my mouth.

"I told them we will be there by tomorrow, we should start packing," mom nodded to that.

Dad turned to me," go on then start packing, I know I promised to enjoy the holidays with you, this is also fun right, we can see your sister!" Dad cheered me.

"Yes dad, we can also play with Yash," I smiled at him.

I rushed to my room closing the doors, I dailed to Vikram, he picked up in just one ring, " I have been waiting for your call," he said without any worry.

"Vikram, my darling I told you not to give me any sudden shocks and what was that a wink face, seriously!?" I gritted my teeth controlling my anger.

"And I also remembered telling you to calm down and trust me, what happened?, my dad just invited you guys to come to our house, that's it, I take things very slow for your information, if it was someone else then they would have directly called and told your dad about our relationship," Vikram explained.

But he doesn't know my fear, my anxiety and I don't know what I would do to myself if they found about my relationship with Vikram before anything happens.

"Then you would be getting a call to inform you that I am no longer alive, not a call scolding you."

"RHEA!!," he sounded angry, may be I shouldn't have said that but I don't know, I am scared, "don't ever talk about that or even think about that."

"I am sorry, I just got scared when dad told me he got a call from your father, I didn't think before saying that," I apologized.

He sighed, " I am sorry too, I was too happy that I get to see you tomorrow and I forgot about the news."

"Well now I am excited to see you too," I giggled," but wouldn't it be hard with all our families there, you should control your happiness mister."

"Me? What about you and your toothy grin on seeing me?"

"Toothy grin??" I laughed out loud," you are just my jiju's brother that's it, why would I give you a toothy grin?" I mocked him.

"My heart has been stabbed, I need to go to hospital, if I can't make it out please bring me roses," he acted out.

"Let's stop making jokes on our deaths and tell me what is going on there?"

"Just a lonely boyfriend waiting for his girlfriend."

"Start writing poetry it might work for you," I chuckled, " but seriously Vikram, how did you convince your father to call, does he know about us, oh my god how am I going to face him?"

"Rhea, no one knows anything, just be your normal self, if asked to marry me then say yes that all you need to do."

"So someone is going to ask me that?" I am back to my panic mode, I shouldn't have asked him about that, now I am stressing myself.

No worries Rhea, deep breaths, calm down, you can do this.

"Do you want to marry me or not?" Vikram asked.

"I already told you my answer," I replied.

"Then let me do my job and just nod to every question your parents ask, please don't blow our cover, okay?" I nodded to the phone.

"I said nod to your parents not me," Vikram laughed.

"How do you know I was nodding?" I asked, he can lift my spirits, may be that's why I like him.

"Because I know my girlfriend would."

"Okay enough with your girlfriend talk, I need to pack my stuff, you should have told me before I would have carried less at least," I whined, now I need to pack all the things I unpacked like day before yesterday.

"Have you heard of the word originality?"

"I heard about stupidity," I countered,"I assume you have nothing to say, so bye, don't seem too anxious or excited tomorrow, it might give you away, I will message you or Di if we are close, play it cool boyfriend," I smiled calling him boyfriend.

"Did you just call me boyfriend?"

"You are my boyfriend, aren't you?" I giggled.

"How am I supposed to sleep now my dear girlfriend?, anyhow pack quickly and sleep well, will wait for you," he ended the call. That's what I told him not to do and he said he will wait, I don't know what to do with him.

~~~~~

My favourite parts of the entire story, I hope this brings smile on your face:)

They are so cute aren't they❤️?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 53.1K 37
.... am I that bad to be loved, wanted. I am an unwanted daughter, now i will be an unwanted wife. God what's your problem. Why am i so unwanted in t...
608K 34.2K 38
[FEATURED]Thrown together on a one month long honeymoon, Vansh and Ahaana had to live under one roof in an apartment, away from chaos, to accept each...
386K 16.3K 71
Shruti, a fun-loving girl, always dreamed of a Prince Charming on a white horse and a happily ever after. Atharva is a no-nonsense businessman, who...
40.5K 3.9K 16
Stop it Miss Manya, he probably doesn't even know i exist. "I know, what you mean Subi, but you know that I can't help it , even if he's your brother...