Haikyuu x Reader One-shots! (...

By sugarillla812

Hi! Hope you like the shots, and also requests are allowed! This will mostly be soulmate AUs cuz they're cool... More

𝔸 π•π•šπ•₯π•₯𝕝𝕖 π•Ÿπ• π•₯𝕖
𝔽𝕝𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣 - β„•π•šπ•€π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ• π•ͺ𝕒 𝕩 ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣 - 2/2
π•π•’π•€π•žπ•šπ•Ÿπ•–π•€ - π•π•’π•”π•™π•š β„π•šπ•₯π• π•œπ•’ - πŸ™/𝟚

𝔽𝕝𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣 - β„•π•šπ•€π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ• π•ͺ𝕒 𝕩 ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣 - 1/2

44 3 0
By sugarillla812

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's my first shot, and I hope you like it!

This edit audio TikTok thing helped me write this Lol

listen to the song if you want :)

Warnings: 

-bit of angst

-cursing

-mention of blood

For all you Noya simps, don't worry. This isn't angst for a long time :)

Enjoy!

for the sake of the story, Alisa ur best friend is tsukki's sister

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-ℍ𝕒𝕟𝕒𝕙𝕒𝕜𝕚 𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝔸𝕌: 

A disease where the victim of unrequited or one-sided love begins to vomit or cough up the petals and flowers of a flowering plant growing in their lungs, which will eventually grow large enough to render breathing impossible if left untreated. There is no set time for how long this disease lasts, but it may last from 2 weeks to 3 months, in rare cases up to 18 months, until the victim dies unless the feelings are returned, or the plants are surgically removed. If the victim does decide to have the plants surgically removed 99.87 times, they will lose the memories. Sometimes every single memory or memory of just the specific person.

...

(L/N) (Y/N). 

Nishinoya Yuu. 

...

It was around 10:30 when their class started. A certain libero was glancing at a certain (h/c) girl with (h/l) hair. Oh, how he wished he had the confidence to talk to her, but only to be let down when she's already gone. 

"Staring at (Y/N) again, Yuu?" His best friend's voice broke his gaze. A light tint of pink was dusted across his face. "What?-No, I'm just uhh, looking outside." That seemed like a good lie, considering the (s/c) girl was near the window.

"Nishinoya Yuu. Staring at the window? Pfft- Like I'm gonna believe that-" Tanaka looked at his friend in disbelief and start snickering. 
"Man, you're so dumb,"

"I'M NOT DUMB YOU ARE! WHO WAS THE ONE THAT STOLE MY FRICKING BENTO LAST WEEK??!"

"HEY DON'T BLAME ME, SAEKO TOOK MY BENTO INSTEAD, AND YOURS LOOKED SO GOOD-"

The two bickered for two seconds a certain (h/c) looked at them in amusement. 

"TANAKA RYUNOSUKE! NISHINOYA YUU! GO OUTSIDE IN THE HALL RIGHT NOW!"

The teacher's voice broke through the small argument, making the two the center of the audience. The girl looked at Nishinoya with an expression of sympathy. Unluckily for her, Nishinoya ignored her and didn't see it. 

Nishinoya and Tanaka both went outside and sat down. Bored, they started whispering so none of the classmates and teachers would hear anything. 

"Bro, it's so obvious you have a crush on her. Please, this isn't the first time I've caught you staring at her." Tanaka smirked, knowing he caught his best friend. 

Nishinoya turned a deep red. "I- WHat-No-pft-Ugh fine it's true. But it's probably a puppy crush."

He looked at his friend for confirmation. "What?"

"Dude..okay, listen, there's a love disease called-"

"You both can come inside the classroom now. The teacher thinks you guys got your timeout already." Noya turned around and saw the (h/c) talking to them. 
SHit shit shit- whAT I DoOOo 

Nishinoya froze. 

Tanaka, noticing this, nudged Noya to bring him back. "Ah, thanks, (Y/N), we'll be right back. I need to talk to him about volleyball practice. " She nodded and went to give the message to the teacher. 

Tanaka was worried. If they kept up, he might as well lose his best friend...

"Tell me, Noya, have you heard about the Hanahaki Disease?" Noya nodded, but a confused expression latched on his face. 

"I'm guessing you heard the name but didn't know what it is." Noya nodded again, and Tanaka continued. 

"Well, it's a disease, uh, shit, listen, we gotta go to class right now, the teachers glaring at us. Wait for me after practice. " 

"Alright, but explain why the hell you're acting so scared later. You're never like this."

Noya walked backed to his designated seat and started paying attention, sneaking a few here and there glances at the (h/c) girl. 

Tanaka sighed and only prayed for the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2ND POV

...

(A bit before they had their talk) 

(Y/N) looked across the classroom to see the boys talking to each other. Honestly, she expected a prank or some kind of chaos to happen, but she just saw Noya's confused expressions and Tanaka's worried expressions. 

This isn't like them...I hope they're okay. I hope he's okay

She was brought out of her thoughts when the teachers asked her something. 
"Ah, (L/N)-san, I see you're done with your homework. Would you mind calling them in?" 

(sorry for the formalities, I don't know how they exactly work, so I'm trying my best to learn)

She nodded and went outside to get them. 

"Dude..okay, listen, there's a love disease called-" 

The voice suddenly stopped. 

"You both can come inside the classroom now; the teacher thinks you guys got your timeout already." (Y/N) told them. Noya turned a bright red and froze. 

 (Y/N) noticed this and bit back a giggle. 

"Ah, thanks, (Y/N), we'll be right back. I need to talk to him about volleyball practice. "

Something about his tone seemed off, but she shrugged off the thought and nodded.

She told the teacher what was going on, and she seemed to understand. 

A little while later, they came back with a concerned Tanaka and a confused Noya. For the rest of the period, there was total silence. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(alright back to the present)

...

It was lunchtime, and Alisa was nowhere to be found.

Buzz

Caller ID: Tsukishima Alisa

Alisa: Hey, sorry you're alone today. I'm sick, and I have to miss out on volleyball practice today. sorry (Y/N)

Nah, don't worry about it. Your health is more important right now. Look, if you want, I'll come after school with some strawberry shortcake.:( Y/N)

Alisa: I would really like that. Man, I love you so much. Thank you!

You chuckled. You could imagine Alisa being a baby right now. You saw Tanaka and Noya nearby and decided to ask if you could sit with them. 

Hey, Alisa, I'll bring over the sweets after practice. And I'll let the captain and coach know you're sick. I gotta go bye:(Y/N)

With a hum of agreement, she cut the call and start walking over there. Tanaka noticed and told Noya. 

"Oi, oi, oi- She's coming here-" Noya, not wasting a second, turned around and saw you coming. 
Even walking, she's a goddess. Man, I wish she was mine-

A sudden cough brought you out of thoughts. You looked over at Noya, who seemed to be holding something. "Yo, Noya, you good?" He nodded but seemed to be in pain. 
Well, he was eating; maybe he just choked from that.

She let it go and asked if she could sit with them. Noya turning a bright red, answered. "I- Uh-Y-yea, of course." 

Her smile is so cute-

Another cough. You raised your eyebrow in confusion. Tanaka knew exactly what was going on. 

Shit shit shit, Noya, I don't want to lose you. 

"Don't worry, he's fine. And we don't mind if you sit here."

They both smiled back at her, a pleasant and warm smiling returning.

A fake smile plastered Tanaka's face. He knew exactly what was going on.

Noya, whatever you do, make sure you hang out with (Y/N)-san as much as you can. That way, you'll have a chance...

Tanaka looked at his hand. He was holding it in a fist, and she didn't seem to notice. He was on the verge of tears. He knew what the outcomes were. 

Please...Noya, I don't want to lose you...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(set after practice)

...

Petals. Blood. Petals.

It was a constant pattern. He tried to hold it in for so long, but when he reached the bathroom, his lungs needed air. He gasped. 

Tears were streaming down his face. Pain evident on his face. 

"Yuu? Everything okay?" His grandpa's voice brought him out of his thoughts. He didn't want to keep this from his grandpa, but he has to. 

"Y-yeah, everything's fine. Just some weird food I ate at school today."

"Oh, okay. I have some Advil for the pain if you want."

"Yea, thanks, Grandpa."

Was this the disease he was talking about...

More tears streamed down. He suddenly had the urge to cough and came out more petals covered in blood. He waited for a while longer until the coughing stopped. His head hurt, his body ached, but more importantly, his heart was on a fast train, hurting with every second he took a breath. 

He remembered the talk he had with Tanaka...

Tanaka kept looking at his friend in concern. He didn't get a cough since lunch with her. 

"Oh, yea, Tanaka, what did you mean by the love disease? You were gonna say something, but then (Y/N) came, and we had to go." Noya asked. 

Shit, how am I gonna explain...

Just do it, Tanaka. He deserves to know.

but-

Do it. 

"Noya...Listen to me. I am not joking or playing around. This is serious and..."

"And what?"

"Listen. The reason you kept coughing those petals is that you have the HANAHAKI DISEASE."

Noya looked at him in confusion. "Hanahaki, What now?"

Damn it, this is harder than I thought.

"HanaHaki Disease," He repeated. "It's a disease that- that makes you vomit or cough up the petals and flowers of a flowering plant growing in your lungs, which will eventually grow large enough to render breathing impossible if left untreated. It's only happening because of a one-sided love or unrequited love. There is a chance that if they return your feelings, the flowers will disappear. There is no set time for how long this disease lasts, but it may last from 2 weeks to 3 months."

Noya's eyes were wide open. He had heard of the disease but never fully knew what it exactly was and would do. 

Tanaka let that sink in before continuing.

"There's a couple of ways for it to be cured. One, the person you love has to return your feelings. Two, you can get it surgically removed, but..." Tanaka was on the verge of crying now. He kept his head hung low.

"But what..?" Noya asked, afraid of the answer.

"There's a high chance you might not remember her or me. Or anyone in the entire school. You would lose your memories of everyone."

Noya was in shock. He would lose memories of everyone... Sugawara-san, Dachi-san, Hinata...

Tanaka looked up, tears filling the corners of his eyes. 

"I don't want to lose you."

Those words hit him like a truck. 

Both were a crying mess now. Neither of them spoke, but muffled sobs and cries came out. 

...

Buzz

Caller ID: Nishinoya Yuu

Noya? NOYA! SHIT!

Nishinoya: Hey.

It was silent for a while. No one talked. 

..Hey: Tanaka

Nishinoya: So you said I could last for a while, right? I'm gonna try to hang out with you and the others as much as I can. That includes her. 

What? No, no no-

Nishinoya: I know you're probably freaking out right now, but hear me out. I don't want to lose memories of everything. Not even you or them or even her-

Another cough. Tanaka couldn't help but agree. 

...Fine. But please don't overexert yourself in practice. : Tanaka

Over the line, Noya smiled. 

Nishinoya: Also, tomorrow morning at practice, I'm gonna tell them. It better to let them know rather than them finding out later.

Yea...: Tanaka

"TANAKA COME TO EAT DINNER,"

"JUST A SECOND, SAEKO"

Nishinoya: One more thing, do not absolutely do not, let her know. Please. I don't want her in pain and guilt because she didn't find out in time or anything. Or that she's the reason why I got this disease. Promise me.

I-I promise. : Tanaka

With the satisfaction of the hum, he hung up the call and sat there. 

Tanaka looked at the moon in pain. Bright lights reflected on the tears that fell from his face. 

As long as you're happy, Noya.

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(remember, (L/N) went to Alisa's house, which is Tsuki's house cuz they're siblings)

DING DONG

"Ah, (L/N)-san, you're here." A certain blonde opened the door. "Yea, sorry for the disturbance. I just want to see if she's okay. " 

"Yeah, she's doing a lot better now. Now that she found her trUe loVe," He mocked, not before clearing his throat as he saw the confusion attached to her face. 

"Anyways, she's upstairs. Oh, and thanks for the strawberry shortcake," You nodded and skimmed the stairs. Oh, you wanted to tell her everything that happened today.

Knock knock

"Come in." A small, angelic voice replied. "Hey, (Y/N)-san, you're here~" Alisa chuckled, not after taking a few deep breaths in. "Soooo~Why do you seem so excited over the..." Alisa followed (Y/N)'s gaze and looked over to her trash pile. 

Shit, I should've thrown out the petals. 

"Alisa...is this the reason why you didn't come to school..." (Y/N) asked. Trembling, she put her hand on the frame of the bed to help her stand. Alisa deliberately shook her head.
"Why-Why didn't you tell me you had the Hanahaki disease?!"

Alisa hung her head in shame and pain. "I-I was scared that you wouldn't believe me. Or that we might drift apart. Worst of all...I didn't want you to cry over me..."
She looked at Alisa in shock.

"Oh..."

It was silent for another five minutes. Without wasting a second, she immediately ran to her and gave Alisa the tightest hug ever. "Please..next time tell me...I can't lose you, not after him-"
They both sobbed, happy that both of them were alive. 

Tell her. If you don't, you're gonna end up as a dead hypocrite. 

"Alisa...Listen now that you mentioned the diseased..we gotta talk..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(early next morning - had to the time skip to make it fit better)

Perfectly and Vividly (Y/N) described her "questionable love." Alisa stared at her with eyes wide open. 
"When did this happen? When?Where? WHO KNO-"

Immediately, she slaps her hand over her mouth in realization.

"That-that means you like-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The entire gym was deadly silent. No shoes squeaked. No one heard not even the slightest breath puffing out—just plain, dead, silence. 

Sugawara was the first to react. He rushed over and gave Noya a tight but comforting hug. With tears cornering in everyone's eyes, they all ran over to join—even the Sarcastic pole.

"When-When?" Asahi asked. "It started yesterday. I kept coughing petals, and it got harder to hold them in. It's kinda the reason why I wear masks during school now, especially black masks."

All the first years were in shock. Their friend, their teammate, was almost on the verge of dying. 

"I'll explain soon-" Another cough. Another petal. "Shit- Tanaka, search up what one flower in the Hanahaki disease means." 

Everyone's eyes widened. One full...flower? But they never come until...

Sugawara gasped, causing everyone to look at him. 

"One full flower- Noya, don't tell me-"

He nodded, confirming Suga's worst nightmare. Everyone had a mix of confusion and concern attached to their face. Sugawara began explaining. 
"One or more petals at a time means you have about 3 months. And usually, it takes a full month for a whole flower to come out. But if Noya's came out this early-"

"What does it mean, Sugawara-san?" Hinata questioned. 

Suga looked at Noya in pain. Crystal clear tears rolled down his face. 

"It-it means-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"YOU ALREADY COUGHED OUT A FLOWER? BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS-"

Alisa screamed, but not before (Y/N) slapping her head hard. 
"Baka! Could you not yell that out any LOUDER?!" She whispered yelled. 

Alisa couldn't take it in. She knew (Y/N) was going through something but never thought this would be it. All the times she would cough, she would act like she's fine. Say it just allergies. 

One flower...wait for no- that's not the right calculation-

"Oi, snap out of it. The cake isn't gonna finish itself."

Alisa looked at her in disbelief. 

'Shut the fuck up. Are you damn serious right now? Your life is on the line, and you're here without a worry-" A silent cough brought out her attention on the line.
A beautiful white rose with specks of blue was in her hand. But the image was ruined by the deathly scent of blood. 

"Please, Alisa- don't tell anyone, not him, not Tsukki, no one! Promise me!"

Alisa let a soft hmm in agreement. 

"But you know what this means-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It-it means..."
 Sugawara couldn't say it, instead, it choked out. 

"It means Noya has less than 1 1/2 month to live...and if his feelings grow stronger, he'll only have 3 weeks left-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) let out a confusion, hmm.

"It means you have less than 1 1/2 month to live...and if your feelings for him grow stronger, you'll have only 3 weeks left-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have time..."

"I can try my best..."

"Whatever happens..."

"I'll always love you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I love you, Noya."

"I love you (Y/N)."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND THAT CONCLUDES PART 1 OF FLOWERS

PART 2 WILL BE UP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

LEAVE A VOTE AND COMMENT

CRITICISM IS APPRECIATED PLEASE

I hope you guys all enjoyed my first part of a one-shot 

Idk I might make it into a story later, but anyways

Have a great day/night~ Moonlights

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...