Percy on deck

By Anakumolous24

When the god decided to kill Percy, Poseidon decide to rescue Percy and take him to S.S Tipton. What would ha... More

Prologue
Lost At Sea (Part 1)
Lost At Sea (Part 2)
New To School
Bermuda Triangle
The Beauty And The Fleeced
A Call Home
Birthday on Deck (Part 1)
Birthday On Deck(Part 2)
Can You Dig It?
Marriage 101
Starship Tipton
Bailey's Birthday
Breakup In Paris
School Is Out
Thalia Has a Shock

I Brake For Whale

570 19 3
By Anakumolous24

Percy on Deck

Chapter 11 - I Brake for Whales

Monday, January 5th, 2015

PERCY

The first two weeks of winter break had been awesome. Though Percy hadn't been able to return to Manhattan, the SS Tipton was docked in the Bahamas, and London had paid for a month pass for all seven of them. Unfortunately, the ship had left the day before and they were now on their way to their next destination, heading south.

"Oh, she's a beauty," said Percy. "Look at her shape."

"The gentle curves of her body," said Bailey.

"The way the water glistens off her skin," said Cody.

"Ooh, is that the new swimsuit issue?" asked Zack.

Percy, Cody, and Bailey stared at him in confusion. "We're looking at whales," said Cody.

"Though I see why you could think otherwise," said Percy.

"Not really my thing," said Zack, "but I'll give it a look-see."

"It's a pod of blue whales," said Bailey.

"They were hunted almost to extinction," said Percy.

"And they're still on the endangered species list," said Cody.

"We've adopted three calves from the Jacques-Tuloose Society's website." said Bailey.

"I named mine Bailey-whaley," said Cody.

Bailey giggled. "And I named my Cody-blowholey."

"I say Moby barf," said Zack.

"Don't worry," said Percy, "I name mine something normal, Neptune."

"Like the planet?" asked Zack.

"No, the god, actually." said Percy.

"You see what I did there." Zack flirted with some girls about 'Moby barf'.

Zack and Cody started arguing.

"Guys look," said Percy.

"They're just off the coast of South America and heading in the direction of the ship." said Bailey.

"No way," said Cody, "if we're lucky, we'll be able to see our babies feasting on krill in temperature-lane waters."

"Oh, what could possible be more fun," said Zack sarcastically. "Oh wait, anything."

LONDON

"Oh hey Moseby," said London, "So when are we docking? I have to meet Daddy for the grand opening of a new Tipton hotel."

Moseby gasped. "Mr. Titpon's going to be there?"

"M-hm," said London.

"You tell him, we'll be there, right on time, if not sooner," said Moseby, excitedly.

"Here you go London," said Kirby.

London looked up to see her new (giant) keychain was here.

"Oh what is that?" asked Moseby.

"Oh my key ring," said London, "The mayor of Valparaiso is giving me the key to the city, and since I figured it was for the whole city, it must be huge." London giggled.

"Yeah," said Moseby and Kirby at the same time.

"You know I could use one of those," said Kirby, "I've got a lot of keys." He held up a bunch of keys.

One of them caught London's eye. "What's that teeny, tiny one with the little heart?"

"Oh it's for my diary," said Kirby, "I always like to end my day with an installment of Kirby Morris: Life at Sea."

London scoffed. "Oh I don't have time to keep a diary, so I have someone else keep it for me. I love reading it at night, to find out what I did during the day." She giggled and walked away.

BAILEY

Bailey walked passed a giggled London, storming to Cody.

"Cody, I just got an E-alert from Jacques, himself." said Bailey.

Cody gasped.

"He says that the engine sounds from the ship might interfere with the whale sonar navigation. We could end up hitting them," said Bailey.

Cody hyperventilated. "Our babies!" he yelled.

At another time, Bailey probably would have laughed, but she was too worried about the whales.

He ran over to Moseby. "Mr. Moseby, our adopted whales, Bailey-Whaley and Cody-Blowholey are in trouble."

"Let me guess," said Moseby. "The other whales are making fun of their names?"

Cody scowled.

Bailey couldn't pass up the chance to tease Cody. " I told you we should have gone with Baileen and Fluke." she said.

"I told you those names were ridiculous," said Cody, "would you have named your kids Gums and Elbow."

"I really don't care for your tone," teased Bailey.

"Sorry," said Cody.

"Can you two please take this mindless soap opera some place else?" asked Moseby.

"The thing is," said Bailey, "the ship is headed right for a pod of blue whales."

"You have to get the Captain to divert our course." said Cody.

"I can't tell the captain how to run his ship, just like he doesn't tell me how to do my job." said Moseby, "Okay there was that one time he suggested we switch to an all in one shampoo and conditioner."

"Really?" asked Cody, looking incredulous.

"I know, crazy, right?" asked Moseby.

"Please, Mr. Moseby," said Bailey, "the whales need our help."

"Look, I'm sorry," said Moseby, "but Mr. Tipton is waiting for us in Valparaiso." He paused. "And if I make him wait, he'll make me wait...tables!"

"But," said Bailey.

"ZZT!"

"But!" tried Cody.

"ZZT!"

"But," said Both.

"ZZT!" said Moseby, "and that's the last ZZT I have on the matter."

CODY

"I'm just saying, sometimes you condition for extra body, but don't want the drying that comes from shampoo," said Cody.

"We don't care," said Percy, who had been filled in with what was happening.

"Kirby," said Bailey, as the three walked up to the captain's room where Kirby was guarding,

"Sorry kids, can't talk now," said Kirby, "when I'm guarding the captain's bridge, I have to keep a steely focus."

"But," said Cody.

"Aw, heck, I love a good gabfest," said Kirby. "Whatcha got?"

"Our whales are in trouble." said Percy.

"You got Pet whales?" asked Kirby, "I had a pet goldfish once. I bet you can't guess what his name was."

"Goldie?" asked Bailey.

"Okay, what was my cat's name?" asked Kirby.

"Fluffy?" asked Cody.

"Hah! Wrong." said Kirby.

"Whiskers?" said Percy.

"Dang." said Kirby.

"This is an emergency," said Percy.

"Yeah," said Cody, "you have to tell the captain to change course, otherwise, we'll be jeopardizing the lives of endangered whales."

"I guess if I put it like that," said Kirby, "he can't say no."

"You know," said Cody, "now that I actually think about it, an all-in-one shampoo conditioner-"

"Still don't care," said Percy.

Kirby walked out with a pizza on his head. "He said no, then he threw his lunch at me. Good thing he wasn't eating shish kebab."

"Uh," scowled Bailey, running out, Cody and Percy on her heals.

PERCY

"Bad news," said Percy, to Zack.

"Captain Lunsford wouldn't even change our course to save the whales." said Bailey.

"Yeah," said Cody, "we'll hear their painful deaths instead of their beautiful whale songs."

"The only thing I can think of is to build a giant solar sail, that could overpower the ship's engine and blow us off course," said Cody.

"You're kidding right?" asked Percy, "we'd need a sail the size of Manhattan."

"Or you could sneak into the engine room, cause a distraction, get everyone out, lock the door behind you, and shut the engines off until your little whale kids swim by," said Zack.

Percy froze, and all three turned towards him.

"What?" he asked.

thirty minutes later:

"Emergency," yelled Percy, "there's a fire. Moseby told me that Captain Lunsford said all hands on deck!"

"Yeah right," said a crew member.

Percy thought quickly and pulled something out of his pocket. "See," he said, "he gave me his sea licence, as proof."

The four engineers gasped and ran out of the engine room.

As they ran out, Zack, Bailey, and Cody snuck in then shut the door.

"Why do you have a sea licence?" asked Zack.

"I drive boats occasionally," said Percy.

"Awesome, we're in. The engine room is ours," said Cody.

Bailey looked around. "I don't suppose anyone know how to shut the engine down?"

"I do," said Percy, he pulled the lever in the middle of the control panel and the boat stopped with a jolt.

LONDON

"Look, I'm practicing my scissor skills for when I have to cut the ribbon at the new Tipton." said London. "I'm making Paper Mosebys. They're almost life-size." said London about the one foot paper cut-out in her hand.

Moseby scowled.

The boat jolted and everyone fell forward.

"Oh! Oops. There go your heads," said London, referring to the now headless paper cut-outs. "Now they don't look like you anymore." She turned to Moseby and grinned.

Moseby screamed and climbed over the desk. "Don't even think about it!"

"What? I was just getting some tape." said London.

"What is going on?" said Moseby, "the engines must have stopped. I wonder if Captain Lunsford knows about this."

"Oh he knows," said Kirby, "And this time he was eating Shish Kebabs."

Suddenly the computer beeped and London opened it.

"Mr. Moseby," said a voice, "my name is Mr. Green. We have taken control of your engine room. Do what I say, and no one gets hurt."

"Oh, someone's getting hurt...PERCY!" he said.

"I told you he'd know it was you," said a voice in the corner.

"Shut up Mr. Red," said 'Mr. Green'. He left the screen and was replaced by a boy in Blue.

"Cody," said Moseby, warningly.

"We are soldiers of the Endangered Animal Protection League." said 'Mr. Blue'.

"I thought we were the league of Endangered Animal Protectors." said another voice.

"Somebody already had that website, Mrs. Pink," said 'Mr. Blue'.

"Alright." said Moseby, "this nonsense must stop immediately. People's jobs are at stake, and by people I mean me!"

"Sorry, but I must end our communication. Mr. Blue, out."

The screen turned off.

"Oh, I don't know who this evil Mr. Blue is, but he is not keeping me from getting my giant key!" said London.

"Yeah," said Moseby and Kirby at the same time.

CODY

"Okay, I figure it should take about 12 hours for the whales to pass by safely." said Cody.

"Hopefully, we can sneak out and see them later." said Percy.

The computer beeped.

"This is Miss Pink." said Bailey in a disguised voice.

"Oh, hey Bailey," said Mr. Moseby.

"Hi, Mr. Moseby." said Bailey, taking her mask off.

"Oh!" said the other three in annoyance.

"Remind me to never rob a bank with you goofs," said Zack.

"Listen, the captain has instructed me to shut off the air conditioning in the lower decks." said Moseby, "Now it's about to get very hot in there."

"Well Whatever," said Bailey. "We could use a sauna. It's good for the pores."

"Well, we'll see how you feel about that in a few hours." said Moseby, "Moseby out."

Percy and Co have been in Engine room for Two Hours: 12:00 PM

London

"Don't worry, Mr. Moseby, there's gotta be a way in there." said Kirby, "We'll think of something. Well we tried. Who wants a sandwich?" he raised his hand.

"Moseby," said London, "the ship is still not going voom-voom. that means I'm not getting my Clink-Clink. And daddy's waiting for me. TIck-Tock. Soon I'm gonna start to go 'Wah, Wah!'"

"ZZT, ZZT!" said Moseby.

"Ugh," said London, "well somebody's got to get in there and get the ship moving."

"The only thing I can see is, since the air conditioning is off, someone can sneak through the vents which lead right into the engine room." said Kirby. "But I don't know what fool would do that."

Moseby and London grinned at Kirby evilly.

"What?" asked Kirby, "I guess the fool who said it."

Half an hour later: 12:30 PM

London and Moseby stood at the front desk holding a walkie-talkie.

"How's it going, Kirby? Have you made it to the engine room?" asked Moseby into the walkie-talkie.

A grunt came from it then Kirby's voice rang out, "I hate to point out the obvious, but I'm an extra extra large man trying to shimmy through a medium vent. This truck don't make that turn."

London scoffed, annoyed. I don't have time for this, she thought. Truthfully, the only reason she was doing even trying to get the key was to impress Percy. "Just grease yourself through." said London. "I mean, don't you always carry butter in your pockets?"

"Not anymore," came Kirby's voice, Cody had a talk with me about my diet. Now all I have in my pockets is rice cakes."

Just like how he convinced Chef Paolo to diet, thought London.

Suddenly, a crunching sound reverberated through the walkie-talkie. "Make that rice cake crumbs!"

"Safety first, Kirby," said Moseby, "Maybe you should just come back."

The sound of shuffling could be heard.

London scowled and ripped the device out of Moseby's hands. "Kirby, if you turn around, I'll make sure the next boat you work on will be a DINGHY!" yelled London.

London was sure Kirby flinched. "Dang! Not a Dinghy."

30 Minutes Later: 1:00 PM, 9 hours until whales pass by.

PERCY

"Yes, Yes," said Cody, "I believe I've rerouted the air conditioning back into the engine room. Prepare to be as cool as a cucumber."

Hot air suddenly blew out of a pipe onto Zack's head. "Ow! That's hot!" yelled Zack. Zack scowled, "Well this cucumber just got steamed."

Suddenly the ship creaked and there was a thud. Percy shivered, the noise reminded him of the Labyrinth.

"What was that noise," muttered Bailey.

"Well, all ship's creak." said Cody.

"That's true," said Percy, "Did you know one time-"

"Don't care," said Zack.

The boat creaked again. "Whoa...." came a ghostly wail.

"Do all ship's moan?" asked Bailey, nervously.

Percy drew his pen, "This ship is haunted," shivered Percy. Figures, thought Percy, There hasn't been a monster attack since I left camp, and now I'm being attacked in front of a bunch of mortals.

"Maybe it was built over an Indian Burial Ground!" cried Zack.

Percy, Cody, and Bailey gave him a weird look.

"Maybe you haven't noticed," said Bailey, "but we're on the ocean."

"Help," wailed the voice again. Then there was a thud.

"I'm going with the Indian Burial Ground!" cried Bailey.

There was a whimper, something fell from above and Zack, Bailey, and Cody screamed. Percy put his hand on the cap of Anaklusmos ready to uncap it in a moment's notice.

"OH! OH! OH!" came the voice, no longer muffled.

"Kirby?" asked Cody.

"Oh man." said Kirby, "I think I fell on my diary key. I hope I didn't break it, 'Cause this is gonna make a great chapter."

"Come on," said Cody, helping Kirby up.

"Kirby are you in," came Moseby's voice from the walkie-talkie Percy noticed Kirby was carrying.

"I'm in and I'm about to open the door." said Kirby.

"No, No, NO," all four cried.

"Wait Kirby don't," said Cody.

"Sorry Kids, I'm under orders." said Kirby.

Percy and Cody leapt at Kirby's feet trying to hold him still. Even Percy who had snapped the horn of the Minotaur off of his head when he was twelve years old, had trouble.

"What is this guy," yelled Percy, "part tank?"

Zack grabbed onto Kirby's belt.

"Kirby, no," yelled Bailey. "Think of the little baby whales (accidently, I typed 'little Bailey whales' first)," she said, giving him puppy dog eyes.

"This ship is endangering their lives," cried Percy.

"Do you want to be know as the little baby whale killer?" asked Cody.

"Here," said Zack, picking up the computer, "show him the video."

"Does it come with popcorn," asked Kirby.

Bailey started the video, and a video of a blue whale swimming was shown.

"The blue whale," came the narrator's voice, "nature's gentle giant of the deep."

"Oh, they're cute." said Kirby.

"Once they were plentiful, until man hunted them for their oil-rich insides." A cannon went off, "shame on you, mankind, shame."

"THE HORROR!" cried Kirby. "How can I help erase the shame?"

"You can adopt one." said Cody.

"Well, I don't have that much room in my apartment," said Kirby, "But why not?"

"You can even give it a name," said Cody.

"Actually, I always wanted a daughter. How about Kirbina?" asked Kirby.

"Kirby, have you gotten them out yet?" came Moseby's voice.

"No! And I'm not going to either!" yelled Kirby, "Nobody hurts my little Kirbina!"

Percy, Cody, Bailey, and Zack cheered.

1 hour later: 2:00 PM, 8 hours until whales

CODY

"I haven't been this thirsty since mom made us salt-crusted pork and forgot the pork," said Cody exhaustedly.

"Man, I sweated right throw my shirt," said Kirby and squeezed his sweat out of his shirt into a bucket.

"Wow," said Percy, "I've haven't been this exhausted since Gaea."

"Huh," asked Cody, half-heartedly.

"Nevermind." said the Green-eyed boy.

"Okay, one of these buttons has got to open a vent." said Bailey.

Bailey pushed a button, and an alarm started blaring.

"Uh," said Bailey, and pushed the button again, "Guess I was wrong." she chuckled nervously.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" asked Percy.

"Pizza man," came a fake male voice.

"Oh, I wonder if he's got something to drink," cried Zack running for the door.

"No wait it's-" started Percy.

Zack opened the door. A disguised London rushed into the room.

"-London." finished Percy.

The door clanged shut.

"Aha!" yelled London, "I've got you! I knew this Pizza Plan would work. And you all thought I was stupid." She giggled, menacingly.

"So now that you're in," said Bailey, "What's the rest of your plan to get us out?"

"No idea," said London.

1 hour later, 3:00 PM, 7 hours until whales.

LONDON

London typed on the computer happily. Well she had been typing on the computer, but she was now staring at Percy.

Everyone was dripping with sweat except for her. She was admiring Percy's Six-Pack which was visible through his shirt.

"London..." asked Cody. London reluctantly turned away from Percy and turned her gaze upon Cody, who's hair was all messed up. "How come you're not sweating?" asked Cody.

"Because Ladies don't sweat." said London, "They glow."

"Yeah, well, Bailey is glowing all over me," scowled Zack.

"Sorry, I seat like a pig." said Bailey, "Although, technically, Pigs don't have sweat glands. That's why they cool themselves in their feces."

London wasn't sure what that was, but Percy looked like he wanted to throw up, so she assumed it was gross.

"Let's call that Plan B," said Percy.

London looked down at the computer and squealed. "Ooh, Look! Since I posted on my website YayMeStaringLondonTipton. com, that I'm down here with whale lovers, everyone is saying that I'm a hero!"

"Uh you're not even a member of the Endangered Animal Protection League," said Cody.

"Oh, whatever, I'm adopting a whale and keeping it in my bathtub," said London.

"Uh, London," said Percy, "Blue whales can grow over 100 feet."

London giggled, "Clearly, you haven't seen my bathtub."

"Bathtub. Water," scowled Percy, "I can't take this anymore." He ran up to the control panel right in front of London, and started pulling on a bunch of dials. He mumbled something that sounded like...Mizzanmast?"

Suddenly, the air conditioning came on. Zack, Cody, Bailey, and Kirby's mouths dropped open.

"How did you," said Cody.

"It's a secret," said Percy, "only supposed to be used in an emergency by the best sailors in the world."

London realized that he had really used his demigod powers and was lying.

"Then how do you know it?" asked Zack, suspiciously.

"From my dad," Percy lied again.

Suddenly the computer beeped, and all six ran to it.

"Good news!" said Moseby, "The whale pod has passed safely by. I even have footage of them."

Footage of blue whales played on the computer.

"Those aren't our whales." said Cody.

"That's a scene from 'Free Billy'." said Bailey. "I've seen it like 20 times."

"Makes me wanna cry every time," said Kirby, "Swim, Billy, Swim."

"Forget it, Mr. Moseby," said Bailey, "We can hold out, Percy even fixed the air conditioning."

1 hour, 30 minutes later: 4:30 PM, 5.5 hours until whales

PERCY

The air conditioning had gone out half an hour ago, and Percy lied saying each code can only be used on each ship once, and that was the only one he knew. He knew he shouldn't have even used his powers, it could expose the Half-Blood World.

Everybody jumped when somebody knocked on the door.

"Come on, kids!" came Moseby's voice, "this has gone on long enough!"

Everybody kept quiet.

"That's it." came Moseby, again, "I'm coming in."

Suddenly there came a bang, and the door shook.

Moseby mumbled something, inaudible then yelled, "AAH!" and nearly smashed into the door.

Kirby walked over to the door, and Moseby fell to the floor.

"Okay that's gonna hurt," said Moseby, crashing to the ground.

"Kirby, what are you doing?" asked Bailey.

"This has gone on long enough. Your health is more important that the whales. You fainting," he pointed at Percy, who blushed. He had fainted because he had been drawing on his own energy to get the ship to his answer his command.

"you cracking up," continued Kirby, pointing at Zack, who had gone crazy shortly after the air conditioning had shut off, but had become sane again when his twin had told Kirby to sit on him."

"And I'm pretty sure, London used my sweat to wash her feet."

"Ew," said London, "Is that what that was?"

"Okay kids," said Moseby, "This has over."

"But Mr. Moseby, please, just do us one favor-watch this video." said Bailey lifting up the computer. "And if you still want us to leave afterwards, we will."

The video played again.

"That's very touching," said Moseby, "But you still need to leave."

"Well we tried, guys." said Cody, "I guess you can't fight the man." He walked out of the room.

"I just wanted to make a difference in the world," said Bailey, walking out with the computer.

"It's a shame," said Percy, "Another sea creature killed by a stupid mor-human," he corrected himself.

"If my publicist calls," said London, "I was taken kicking and screaming. But not really, because I'm kinda tired." She left the room.

"You know those big guys, are really starting to grow on me." said Zack.

"I kinda like you too, fella." said Kirby.

Kirby and Zack left the room. Percy scowled at Moseby then left it too.

Come on Moseby, thought Percy, Come out of the room so I can smash your head in. He shivered at his dark thoughts.

Suddenly, Moseby slapped the door shut and locked the six out.

"Mr. Moseby, what are you doing?" asked Cody.

"I said you have to leave, but I don't!" came his voice. "And it's not Mr. Moseby, It's Mr. Purple."

The five cheered, and Percy nodded, suspiciously.

10 PM

PERCY

Thank you, Lord, came the voices of the whales in Percy's head.

Your welcome, Percy grinned.

"You know thanks to Mr. Moseby down in that engine room, our whales are safe," said Cody.

"Oh look!" he cried, "It's Bailey-Whaley!"

"And Cody-Blowholey," cried Bailey.

I hate my name, Came Bailey-Whaley's voice, I'd prefer Baileen.

Mine is worse, cried Cody-Blowholey, I mean Cody-Blowholey, come on.

Percy snickered.

"Look there holding flukes." awed Bailey.

"Which one's mine," cried Zack, "Where's little Zack Attack?"

"I believe yours is the one back there nudging against those female whales." said Cody.

"That's my special boy." laughed Zack.

Hey, sweet thangs, who wants a piece of the Zack Attack, said Zack Attack.

"Nuh-uh." said Kirby, "You tell Zack Attack to stay away from my little Kirbina, at least till he has a good education and a job."

Wow, you're hot, said Kirbina to Zack Attack.

Moseby came running up, panting. He snatched someones smoothy and drank it.

"Mr. Moseby, what are you doing out of the engine room?" asked Cody. "Can't take the heat?"

"Captain Lunsford has capitulated." said Moseby.

London gasped. "You cut off his head?!"

"No, not decapitated," said Percy, "Capitulated, it means the Captain surrendered."

"He's agreed to leave the engine room, until all the whales have safely passed by." said Moseby. "Apparently, Mr. Tipton was thrilled with all the good publicity London's been getting for trying to save the whales."

Everybody cheered.

"Yeah, It probably made them forget that he just clear cut a rainforest the size of Texas.."

"Oh look there's Moseby Dick. Hello son," said Moseby running to the side of the boat to look over the side.

Who's this guy, said Moseby Dick, spraying Moseby

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.4K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

111K 2.6K 41
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
455K 16.2K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
242K 6K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...