THIN ICE |BOOK I |BWWM|

By the_euphoriaaa

After a failed marriage with the Underboss of one of the most powerful crime families, Julia Nicolette Manisc... More

β€’COPYRIGHTβ€’
β€’AUTHOR'S NOTEβ€’
β€’CHARATERSβ€’
β€’α΄˜Κ€α΄ΚŸα΄Ι’α΄œα΄‡β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 1β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 2β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 2, α΄˜α΄€Κ€α΄› IIβ€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 3β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 4β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 6β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 7β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 8β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 9β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 10β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 11β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 12β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 13β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 14β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 15β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 16β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 17β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 18β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 19β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 20β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 21β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 22β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 23β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 24, α΄˜α΄€Κ€α΄› Iβ€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 24, α΄˜α΄€Κ€α΄› IIβ€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 25β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 26, α΄˜α΄€Κ€α΄› Iβ€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 26, α΄˜α΄€Κ€α΄› IIβ€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 27β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 28β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 29β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 30β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 31β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 32β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 33β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 34β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 35β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 36β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 37β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 38β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 39 - α΄›Κœα΄€Ι΄α΄‹ Κα΄α΄œβ€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 40 - Q&Aβ€’

β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 5β€’

1K 81 41
By the_euphoriaaa

•PRINCETON, NEW JERSEY•

Adrian POV

"Okay can I have just the bride and groom please?" The photographer who wore a charcoal Burberry suit asked. He was just one of the dozens of men dripping in Armani, Valentino, Hermès, Cartier, and Givenchy.

I smiled big as a small warm hand slid under my suit jacket across my back, pulling me into a warm embrace. My smokey eyes panned down to meet Julia's softened russet ones as a smile plucked at the corners of her plump lips. Her other glossy polished fingernails glided over my jaw and her thumb teased my lower lip.

"You look amazing." Her euphoric voice tickled my ears.

"I pale in comparison to you."

A smirk curved my mouth and I leaned down, pinning my grin against hers as the shutter of a camera sounded off in the distance. Her palm swept through my slicked hair, cradling my head.

I pulled her curves closer to me, grabbing her thigh as I slipped my tongue passed her semi-parted lips. She felt warm and soft in my arms. I wanted her so badly right here. I wanted to show everyone how much she belonged to me.

The buzzing, festively decorated room full of people grew dim, transforming into our family's restaurant. The pressure on my mouth fell fainter and fainter until I felt no touch on my body at all.  My eyelids fluttered as I now stood in the middle of our family diner.

The room appeared normal- candles on every table,  loud shouting from the kitchen, even my grandfather's picture on the wall. Besides the voices from the back, the place was deserted.

"Pasta e Fagioli!" A strong voice shouted from behind the counter .

That's Julia's favorite dish.

A dumbfounded expression settled into my face as I waited for someone to exit the kitchen or even appear in the dining hall. I pivoted on my heel, as my mouth opened to call my wife's name.

My voice caught in my throat as a stiff breeze flushed through the restaurant, forcing my gaze to the table where a pale brown-skinned woman lay, her body riddled with bullet holes. Her belly hung low in her lap, spilling crimson fluid from deep pink gaping wounds in her sides.

I stumbled backwards as her body rose and her sunken black eyes penetrated every inch of my skin.

"Why?" Her flat voice asked.

My ankles twisted and locked, flinging me to the unforgiving linoleum floor.

"J-Julia?"

"Whhhhyyy?" Blood poured from her split lips as she belted out a piercing shriek and charged at me.

"Julia! Baby, no, please!"

I held my hand up, keeping her at distance until I felt an empty air fall over my hands.

My eyes popped open only to be shrouded by a darkened room. My heart beat so fiercely against my chest, I was sure there was a visible bruise.

I swung my legs from under the boiling sheets while holding my arms around my aching stomach as I flipped my phone over, checking the time.

8:54

"This has gotta stop." I pulled my nude body to my feet and trudged to the bathroom.

I kept the lights off, preferring complete darkness, but slivers of light passed through the slits in the blinds and danced over my scarred skin. My demons mistook me for dead in the dark- I liked it that way.

I stepped in front of my large plane mirror with my head hanging. Sweat soaked strands of my hair tangled with my eyelashes and a coarse breath moved within my chest as I gripped the edge of the sink. Slowly I raised my eyes, preparing to greet reality once again.

Empty as usual.

Flashes of my dream sparked behind my eyes as the air weighed on my shoulders and my knees buckled dropping me to the cold tile floor.

My heart ached for Julia. I missed her- the way my name danced on her tongue, her coy smile, and how gentle I couldn't help but be when I was in her. I've known nothing but how to be raw and unfiltered, but for her, I wanted to be almost poetic. It was just hard to show it.

Time passing felt like an eternity as I harshly ran my hands up and down my cheeks.

"Rimettiti in sesto per amor di Cristo."

I clawed at the wall, staggering to my feet and going through my morning routine.

I raked my fingers through my gelled hair as I stepped back into my bedroom, my eyes falling to the naked woman laying in my bed, the sheets barely covering her breasts.

"Cheap, not even close to how good Julia felt." I whispered as her lids opened and a soporific expression curved her smile.

"Hey you." She snaked out of the covers and   tiptoed to me, draping her leg around my waist.

"Get dressed."

"No. I wanna have a little fun. It's only 9."

She dragged her tongue across my neck and slipped her French tips past the top of my towel. A chill ran down my spine as I twisted her wrist and pushed her back.

"I said get dressed, Gaia. I want you gone by the time I get out."

I stomped to my closet and started getting dressed as Gaia's voice followed.

"I don't get you, Adrian. Last night you—"

"Last night was last night." My voice hardened.

Gaia leaned against the doorway of my walk-in closet now wearing her white satin dress.

"It's her again isn't it?" Her eyebrow arched as her lips pressed together.

"Gaia..." I warned.

"No, you owe me an explanation! This on and off thing's been going on for months—years. I'm not your whore! She's dead, what else are you waiting for?"

A stinging heat rushed through my veins as I blinked back the rim of water starting to line my lids.

My hand flexed into a fist and swung at Gaia, making direct contact with her sharp jawline. The pop was deafening and she flew head first into the edge my metal shoe rack.

A large gushing gash lined her forehead as I buttoned my shirt and stepped over her muffled whimpers.

"Get out, and next time hold your tongue."

My heel knocked against the wooden floor as I strode to my office. I closed the door behind me and plucked a cigarette from the box on the side table. I pushed Gaia and her smart mouth to the back of my mind and reached for today's agenda.

"....Francesco's with Pops....Luca-downtown....Andres-Atlanta with Leo."

The toe of my shoe tapped against my shag rug while I slid the agenda to the side and grabbed the financial reports again.

It didn't make sense. Neither the Russo or Mancini territory was drastically changing in Jersey or California, but they were exchanging large amounts of money. I initially thought Russo was stealing it, but Andres made me aware that Mancini's businesses were functioning at a higher capacity even pulling in more money than what was being lost.

I turned to my phone as I tapped my pen on my desk, "Hey Siri, call Gianni."

"Calling Sherlock."

My eyes skimmed over the reports gain while the dull ring droned in the background.

"Hello?" Gianni's groggy voice greeted.

"Got a job for you. Find out if Russo's have lost any territory in Jersey or in Cali. Something's up with the Ruuso and Mancini family finances. I wanna know why."

"Mhm...kay. Consideralo fatto."

"Grazie. I want it soon, so we—"

A shattering pop echoed through the hallway accompanied with shouts and a familiar pitchy female voice.

Gaia...

I held the bridge of my nose, "Just find out what you can soon."

I hung up, cracked my knuckles and tucked my pistol in my waistband.

I see it's time to teach someone, respect.

A/N: so I had not intended for this chapter to be entirely dedicated to Adrian, but idk I'm starting like developing his character. Anyway, a lot more is in store! Stay tuned lovelies!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

592K 14.4K 35
His finger trailed up my thigh ever so gently causing my pussy complete torture. He knew what he was doing. He knew this was driving me completely cr...
170K 4.5K 19
"I was tortured, every day, and no one helped me." She whispered meekly. "We would've done something‐." She cut him off, slowly looking up, avoiding...
1.3M 52.8K 50
Filled with street smarts and book smarts, Arianna Lincoln reached her dream of owning her own restaurant. Reaching the dream of finding love, she's...
1.2M 26.9K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...