Forbidden Acts

By FerretDream

✧ EMPIREVERSE ✧ Dream is the ruler of the Sun kingdom however every day drags by as he mourns for the loss of... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
For the future.

Chapter Five

1.1K 47 46
By FerretDream

Chapter Five: Love is Desperate

Back at the Moon Kingdom ✦

Nightmare's frustration soon died down, it was only a small episode, he would soon return to his usual routines like checking to make sure that the kingdom was running smoothly, and what the members of the castle doing by simply checking the rooms that most did their business in. For example, Lust was at the bar doing drugs or Horror in the foyer sharpening his axe. One thing was off, Killer would be out of his room wandering around the castle by now but the boy was nowhere to be found, if Killer wasn't wandering around the castle he would be by Nightmare's side pestering the emperor with many things.

Nightmare quickly noticed that the boy was gone, he was honestly worried, which was strange for the scary lord. Along with this odd behavior Nightmare went on a small search throughout the castle for him looking around for Killer. Nothing in this situation was adding up, Killer rarely ever goes out without telling anyone and where was he now? Nightmare instantly started to panic. Similar to Killer, Nightmare rarely left the castle on his own. The emperor decided to go out and continue the search for Killer on his own, telling no one that he left. Nightmare calls out for the companion, "Killer!" he yells, once a bit away from the castle he glances around to see if anyone had heard him.

While Nightmare is yelling on the Moon Kingdom's side, Killer passed over to the Sun Kingdom undetected. Killer passed through the darkness of the night to reach the castle. Once there he climbed onto the high balcony, glancing down to the kingdom below, feeling queasy at the feeling of being up so high, he turned to the glass double doors. With ease Killer pushed them open, approaching the sleeping emperor.

Killer personally couldn't sleep most of the time, why not check on Cross' progress. So tonight he stares at the emperor, his crush's brother. Killer's thoughts were blood thirsty, he wanted to hurt something. Seeing how Dream's nose twitched, his slender finger curl, his body shift, the sheets crinkle, seeing how his own ominous aura affected the youthful lord's sleep, everything to him was so intriguing. It was interesting to Killer how his presence can make people feel uncomfortable and make their skin crawl. Killer was unaware of Nightmare's stressful search for him, as his eyes pierce through Dream's head lost in his own toxic thoughts.

Nightmare searched practically the whole forest for the boy, despite being tired he continued the desperate search, refusing to rest or fall asleep. He wasn't even thinking of going home until the boy was found. Unaware of Killer's intentions at the Sun Kingdom, and what will happen to the somewhat beloved emperor.

Killer taps the edge of his knife against the side of his leg humming softly until his hand raised to his face resting the edge of the knife against his cheek. The soft tune of his humming turned into a sadistical laugh emerging from his lips before trying to calm the laughter, it subsiding to a low chuckle before the laughter returns. The thought of killing him- oh 'master' will be so proud- the thoughts suddenly stopped. What if 'master' was disappointed since master wants to kill him, his brother, he would be upset if anyone but him would kill Dream. The two obsessive thoughts clashed in his mind he was pumped with adrenaline and hormones along with confusion that filled his head. What will he do? What should he do?

Nightmare still couldn't manage to find Killer in the Moon Kingdom, the urge to cross the boarder and find Killer became too strong as he passed over the border. He continued the treacherous search for the beloved murderer. It didn't help that Nightmare hasn't gone over the boarder in a long time. He steered clear from civilization, and for any sign of people or of life for that matter.

Killer's breakdown only worsened as he remembered how the normal people who travel into the Moon Kingdom were terrified of him, knowing that Killer kills people. They knew that he doesn't take kindly to new people. Killer's cackle laughter soon turns into a quiet sob as more negative emotions spill out. As he sobs, he mumbles words that become slurred with his lips and his tongue unwilling to cooperate. His thoughts were stated aloud of how much of a disappointment and how Nightmare must feel dissatisfied with Killer. How dissatisfied he was with Killer's love for his emperor. While Killer was panicking, Nightmare continued to search, anyone that came in contact with Nightmare was deemed with a deathly glare as he continued his journey. Suddenly he was sort of draw to a strong negative energy, clearly making it easier for him to find where Killer was, however, he stop near the castle wall, having heard Killer's sobs.

Killer began to back away from the bed, hitting the glass door on his way out to the balcony. Normally the boy was elegant and graceful, however, unlike his normal actions he stumbles and sways as he clumsily stood up, looking at Dream, as the emperor shifts again in his bed. Killer's feet shifts his weight from one to the other debating his choices he was about to approach the lord again.

As Killer stood on the large doorway of the balcony Nightmare desperately climbed up a tree to reach the balcony, after confirming where Killer was. He tries to motion Killer closer, trying, to get his attention since his tentacles were useless due of Dream's happiness. Nobody was going to kill Dream but him, not even Killer. Nightmare still tried to not gain any unwanted attention from the guards as he did this silly attempt. Killer was too much in his own little bubble to notice his emperor's desperate attempt to save him from his own dread. Killer grips the handle of his knife as he places his fist gripped hands on top of his head in clear frustration, cold black tears slowly streamed down his face. Killer didn't like the feeling of being so light - happy it didn't feel natural! The thought of the lord filtered through his head - at least Nightmare will like it- his highness would love it! Right? Killer began to approach Dream again this time his pace was slow and steady, still unsure. His hand that rested on his head lifelessly dropped to his side as he began to walk back into the room.

Nightmare became frustrated groaning as he jumps onto the balcony, slowly approached behind Killer before quickly covering Killer's mouth and pressing the back of Killer's head against Nightmare's chest, slowly pulling the boy back onto the balcony and away from Dream. He sternly whispered on the side of Killer's head "Don't make a noise." Nightmare was still covering the other's mouth simply knowing he'd scream if he panicked. Killer flinches at the person's touch and hearing his voice it confirmed that this was Nightmare, how could he find him so quickly? Killer begins to tremble as he turns his head right, looking up at the taller totally terrified.

Once Nightmare knew that they were completely out of the room and on the balcony he uncovers Killer's mouth before quickly grabbing Killer's shoulders turning him so he would face Nightmare. The lord didn't let go of the other's shoulders as he sternly spoke once more "what the hell were you thinking?" He asked glaring harshly at the boy, it was very important to Nightmare that he was the one who got to kill Dream, and he had his mind set on finishing that goal. Even if he once cared for Dream, and ignored the fact that he might still care about him. Killer didn't respond to the other, not saying anything as he bit his lip, his body continued to tremble still looking at the taller, his mind racing of the possible punishments he could go through. Killer was terrified of the possible future. His cold black tears began to stream faster down his face as he looked up at Nightmare's disappointed face.

Nightmare's face softened as he sighs and hugged Killer, surprising for the devilish emperor. Which was a shock on its own, he softly told the other - genuinely worried "you could have gotten caught." Killer was frozen in place not knowing what to do with the happiness that filled him, he was confused too. Killer finally gained the courage to say something, he wrapped his arms around Nightmare's chest gripping his cape, hugging him desperately "I'm sorry m'lord." He quietly spoke, to not wail from the shock and stress. Nightmare spoke softly to the other "it's fine, I'm just glad you weren't hurt" Killer was surprised about the lord's words, he wasn't really the person to spill out his feeling to others, or even a person that would care about someone else; however, Killer could break hall of the barriers that Nightmare put up. He was the special person that had finally found a door to the house Nightmare has been trapped himself in, and Nightmare didn't want Killer to leave.

"Ni-"Killer began to speak the emperor's first name as his body continues to tremble more as his mind was racing about many things, his voice was wheezing at this point, suddenly his breath hitched speaking quietly "My lord." He corrected himself as he continued to speak, "I'm a disappointment to you and your powerful kingdom. That I made such a grave mistake and yet" he paused for a second but when he continued the boy's words were stuttered as the murderer whined "I'm, supposed to be your top" he began to weep "your top man." he continued to talk but everything was mumbled nonsense, his sobs grow worse as time continued. Killer knew how much Nightmare has done for Killer and for him to almost throw it all away, Nightmare must be so disappointed and disgusted. Nightmare even went out of his way to be so nice and come all the way here. Killer quickly went limp, wanting to curl up and die in a hole, he didn't want to fail him again.

Nightmare was suddenly filled with panic as the other's body fell and became heavy. He still had his arms wrapped around Killer, his hold onto the knight tightened to keep his body safe as he spoke quietly, "Stop talking such nonsense. Killer, you could never fail me, even if you killed Dream." One of his hands moved up to the boy's cheek where he lovingly wiped his tears away, Nightmare kept a mostly concerned expression, as he continued this extremely odd behavior. Nightmare didn't care anymore, he didn't care about keeping the cold persona at this minute.

Killer took a sharp breath as he said, "why" his voice was soft, while on the contrary his body was stiff as he refused to move it. The dedicated knight looked up at the emperor, Killer's expression was confused but his expression looked like he wanted to die.

Suddenly Dream gasped, he felt these dense negative emotions, he sat up in bed panting as sweat trickled down his face. What could cause these stressful emotions to be so strong?

Nightmare paused for a moment, he didn't even notice that his brother had woken up, he was so focus on his loyal knight, Killer. The emperor didn't answer Killer's question for a few seconds before he spoke in a hushed whisper "I don't know honestly" he said truthfully, he really had no other explanation for him. The emperor has no idea why he hated Killer less than everyone else, he couldn't even punish the knight without feeling guilty for the action. That was especially out of the ordinary, but considering with the events that have happened recently it makes a bit more sense with his feeling and the way he acted.

Killer whimpered a few words as he looked at the distressed emperor of the Sun Kingdom, Dream, he shoved Nightmare away escaping from the other's grasp before pushing him to a lower balcony with a kick. Once Nightmare fell onto the lower balcony with a thud he heard a scream that wasn't from Killer but instead by Dream, however a painfilled gasp could be heard from Killer. The wind howled as the two above Nightmare never spoke, the silence of their voices spoke volumes. Normally there would be screaming or at least a warning from either one.

When Nightmare fell with a hard thud, he tried to instantly get on his feet, however the wind was knocked out of him as he listened. The man froze in his spot when there was sudden silence instead of the shuffling of their feet. He looked down on the cold concrete of the balcony to see blood drip from the one above.

Killer was laying on the balcony, his motionless eyes open as blood seeped out of his wound. Dream was in shock from what he did, watching the boy struggle to breathe as he wiped his bloody cheek to only wipe some of the blood onto his hand.

At the moment everything was silent Nightmare swore everything went dark- he wasn't sure what he was doing and he couldn't see or feel anything! However, his body leaped to the railings and climbed to the higher balcony, paying no mind to his slightly younger brother and scooping Killer into his arms. He turned to leave before shooting Dream a death glare. He turned away once more and leaving without saying a word. No response could tell his brother how he felt about this situation and his priorities were to get Killer back to the castle.

Dream watched his brother leave, he was shaking while watching everything happen, his brother's glare hurt his soul. His brother didn't even try to attack him, he gripped his weapon as he looked down at the blood on the balcony, he was ashamed of himself for trying to kill the knight.

Killer's body was heavy and his breath was becoming shallow as his cold, dead eyes were faced towards Nightmare, luckily his body continued to stay warm.

Nightmare was still in his phase where he couldn't see too clearly, his body was barely able to dodge the trees as he went down the path. He didn't even look back, he had no idea that Killer was no longer breathing, and it won't be a pretty sight once he finds out.

Killer was barely able to move his body, however he could move his head around, he glanced around to know what's happening, every movement was weak before he looked back at Nightmare. The lord's expression was blank, the trees felt like they flew past, almost hitting them by mere inches. However the emperor made sure none of the trees hit Killer as they slowly approached the castle, they had made it past the moon boarder and now safe in the confinements of the kingdom Nightmare dictates.

Killer's body curled before relaxing once more as he coughed heavy amounts of blood over Nightmare's new outfit. Killer's body whimpered as he took a few gasping breaths. Nightmare gave no reaction to this, not even a glance down in his direction, his eyes remained fixed ahead of them. He didn't even care about the outfit anyway, it was probably smeared with black goop anyway due to the lord being covered in it.

Killer's body stiffened as he continued to cough before relaxing. His arms fell loosely below him, and are now swinging as Nightmare continued to run. Killer coughed as he tried to speak, "Nigh.. lov me-" he spoke with a raspy voice as a remaining tear that was in his eye fell down his face along with blood that pooled in the corners of his mouth.

Nightmare's gaze snaps once hearing Killer's begging plea, his voice was so strained, Nightmare looked around for a moment to the passing scenery. He wasn't sure of where he was, when he heard the knight's words- what he assumed was- 'Night, love me' his eyes landed on the smaller in his arms. He wasn't sure if he heard the Killer properly, looking at Killer's body made the urge to turn around and murder Dream more intense as he looked forward not expecting another response from the dying soul. However, he got one, "lov..e.. me.. jus.. wuv-" the boy tried to say as gurgles of blood came out of his mouth, spewing onto Nightmare as Killer harshly coughed.

This was a truly traumatizing experience one could have...

Nightmare's gaze shoots back down at Killer as his eyes widened, "Killer! Stay awake- we're almost there, you can tell me once we get there okay?" He was now just saying the first thing that came to mind, the emperor was absolutely terrified and did a poor job at hiding it. He then whispers "please don't leave me".

Killer was now out cold, his mouth hanging open as they are a meter away from the door. Dust was sitting on the couch in the great hall, a room connected to the entry and the first thing guests are greeted with, however when Nightmare entered there was..

Blood.

Blood was everywhere on them both, the knight's body was colder than before, these were the minutes between life or death, Killer sacrificed his life for his emperor and now, he was paying the consequences for his actions.

Nightmare then reached the entrance and forced the doors open, his vision began to blur once more as it fades to black. He wasn't sure what happened after that but his body is calmer as he carried Killer to the infirmary. He didn't pay too much mind to all the blood all over them as it dripped into the floor they walked on, he ignored Dust's confused stare as he pressed onward.

Dust sprung out of his seat, seeing the blood drip from the floor as the emperor walked off with the lifeless body was a red flag. He followed after them, he was right behind the emperor, Dust wasn't given permission to call Nightmare by his name but he did so, "Nightmare- what's happening?" He said with a stern voice, luckily for Dust, Nightmare was quiet. His eyes were dull and his mind seemed to be somewhere else as he continued to walk. He only walked in one direction, to a specific place, the infirmary, since Nightmare had no reaction it seemed to be that he didn't even hear Dust!

Dust groans in frustration as he wiped his palm down the side of his cheek, before he sighs and he looked at Killer.

Killer wasn't doing too good, his body temperature was dropping quickly. Dust began to pester the emperor with stupid questions, annoyed that he was being ignored. Dust was very curious about what happened and what would lead up to Killer getting such a fatal blow. The thought of Nightmare attacking and trying to kill the knight came to mind, it could happen, Killer always bothered his lordship.

Also, based on all the blood on Nightmare, it honestly looked like he tried to kill the boy. That wasn't surprising to anybody who has met Nightmare, but if anyone looked closer, their relationship was closer that it seemed, especially from Nightmare's perspective. If they ever watched the two talk, it would be easily noticeable that Nightmare cared a fair bit about Killer. It was hidden deep down, but it is shown through his actions more than words.

Once the three of them got to the infirmary he stood over Killer, looking at the wound "what happened?" He asked now getting genuinely worried since Killer looked so sickly.

Nightmare remained silent as he handed Killer to the professionals. All he could do is hope, all he could do is hold onto whatever hope he had left, hope, that Killer was alive, to be able to see him again, to hear his voice once more. After pushing him away for so long, all he wanted was to just hold the boy close. He wanted Killer to be okay, through this dip in the rocky road and come out of this safe. He stared at the, now closed door with the same dull expression, not even facing Dust.

Dust was becoming increasingly frustrated, "Nightmare!" He said, raising his voice to the point he was practically screaming as he glared at his emperor. The warrior was hoping to snap the lord out of the trance he was stuck in, he was sick of being ignored! He wanted the attention on him! He needed to know things and he deserved to be addressed!

With Dust's shout Nightmare broke out of his trance, however his attitude wasn't any better. "What" he said bitterly as he had zero clue of why Dust was so deprived of his attention.

Dust's eyes narrowed "What the fuck happened?" He snapped at the emperor, in the mood to have a heated argument, however Nightmare didn't want to deal with this right now. So the taller didn't came up with an excuse, "Killer was trying to kill Dream, Dream awoke and... then this happened and Killer got hurt."

Dust cracks a sinister grin as he began to laugh, "what an idiot! Fucking stupid bitch" he said insulting the dying knight. The heel of his palm rests on the top of his forehead as he laughs before the hysterics subsided, Dust looks at Nightmare to only be met with a deadly glare out of the corner of his eye. Nightmare growls "say one more word and you'll end up like him." With that Dust breaks the eye contact as he looked away, Nightmare didn't even move an inch but he still managed to shake Dust to the core.

Dust clears his throat to make a desperate attempt to keep his pride he looks back at him, turning to face him as Nightmare continued to stand like a statue no longer looking at the other.

"Woah! What the fuck was that for? He was an idiot! Also he's always bitchy and complains if anyone other than you talks to him!" He snapped his eyes narrowing thinking he has him cornered, suddenly Nightmare turned his head to face him. The emperors face was horrifying, "So fucking what? He isn't an idiot, you're the dumbass in this situation since he is one of the smartest people here! You're the idiot here Dust!" He shouted, it was clear that Nightmare is not in the mood to deal with this and he had to use all the self control in himself to not attack the boy right there and then.

Dust ignores the clear like that he had crossed and continues, "if he was so smart, he wouldn't try attacking your brother! If he was so smart then how did he get attacked?!" He screamed his voice began to strain as he persists, "If you're as strong as you say you are why didn't you protect him, dammit!" He panted for a moment, his back arched looking at the ground before he looked up at him "you brag on how strong you are and how important he is, but you can't protect him!"

Nightmare froze in place, watching as the boy lashed out, once he collected himself and made eye contact with Dust, he ordered him to leave. He didn't want to deal with this now, not right now, he wanted to turn him into dust. He needed to focus on more important things, just like what Dust said, he couldn't protect Killer, it was his fault he got hurt while protecting his emperor.

The reminder of their trip back made him realize something, the words ringing in his head, what did he mean when saying that. What did he say?

Nightmare's head began to spin as the events played in his head, what Killer said in the forest, 'Nightmare, love me' , he thought, he'd sworn he heard them wrong but he knew he hadn't. All he could do was stand there, waiting for the medics to come back how Killer was doing. He looked down to his bloodied hands and to a hush whisper he said, "I do," his voice was barely audible but the words hold true.

He loved him,

On the other side of the door Killer wasn't doing too well, the blow from Dream landed into his target soul, his magic was dripping everywhere, none of it wanting to stay together as his body wanted to dust any moment. His body was struggling, his shaky breathes making the medics nervous as they rush around to try and save him, knowing one of them soon had to tell the emperor the news about the right hand man. Killer was very, ill, there is a chance to save him, however, knowing the emperor, someone had to tell him soon. They know he is beginning to be impatient, the reminder of the incident that happened with Horror's head - after taking too long there were a few steps before they became short staffed.

Nightmare stared at the door, he needed to prepare himself and calm down. He felt himself shrink into a smaller, weaker form, the black goop that engulfed his body has now sunk into the boy's right eye, where it originated from. Now in his passive form, he seemed less scary and less deadly overall. While this form is weaker it has a better temper, like he was two different people, one shy and jumpy when the other is aggressive and violent. His eyes went to the door as it opened and the chief medic slipped out, not revealing the chaos behind the door. As he shut the door he was clearly shaking, as his eyes met Nightmare's his body froze "m-y my lord" he spoke before biting his lip nervously, he's seen this form a few times in the many years of working in the castle. He was just hoping the emperor won't snap, it would be a traumatizing experience, he glanced at the clipboard before looking back at the other then back at the clipboard, "do you want me to tell you now, or.." he began to trail off before trying to read him.

Nightmare rose a hand, pausing for a moment before answering, lowering his hand, "Take your time, I'm not sure if I'd like to hear it." He spoke, his hand gliding on his forehead as he proceeded to rubbed it, Nightmare looked at the ground to try and release some pressure off of the medic.

This made the medic more stressed as he takes a deep breath "Sir- that doesn't help me, and I don't think his current state will change for a long-" the medic pauses for a moment before continuing, "-for a long time." he studders, scared half to death but he needs a response. Nightmare mistook it as a good thing, that he might recover, the negative emotions try to resurface. His hand moved to his eye, covering it as he coughed "Thank you for informing me, do you think he might recover?" he said to clarify anything, but he was sure he knew the answer, Killer would!

The doctor goes silent, looking at the emperor, not knowing how does he put this, "No." He said sternly, he wanted to run away so bad but he couldn't lie to the lord could he? No, he couldn't, he stood there afraid of the response Nightmare would have.

Nightmare's head shot up to look at the medic, the goop pouring out of his eye, "No?" He asked, a little louder than before, his voice empathizing on the word, showing how upset that made him, and to make sure he heard that right. It made it clear that he didn't like that answer. The fearful medic falls backwards, his clipboard falling out of his hands and sliding across the floor, he got to his knees to gather the loose papers and the board stuttering and shuffling through all the information he had, "h-his soul" he takes a pause to prepare himself to tell the angry lord, "his soul is collapsing, we tried to do everything we can, he cannot speak and his movements are limited. He's in so much pain and we don't even know how to fix his soul - since it's so different."

Nightmare tried to keep himself together, to keep himself under control, "I understand that his soul is different, but what's happening to him?" He asked, sympathy and calmness trailing in his voice as he had calmed down, only slightly. The medic cleared his voice and continued "So Killer took a direct blow to the soul, like I said parts of the body are unable to function properly, his soul is very confused and trying to separate, it's dripping, and it's trying to reform itself; however, Killer will die if that happens, we must stabilize the soul before trying to rehabilitate him..." he looked at his feet hoping the medics in the room have made some progress by now.

Nightmare gave a simple nod before gesturing his hand to the door, "you are.. dismissed" he spoke, a lump in his throat, he didn't need to hear any more. He didn't want to hear anymore, he didn't care if there was more to be said, he wanted to get the conversation over with. If he spent more time to listen to the medic, he could have snapped.

The medic quickly fled to the room, approaching Killer to continue working. Killer's eyes manage to open, however to only squint as he looked up at the ceiling, not having the energy to do much more than that. His tears began to stream down his face, he knew the staff were trying their best for his mistake.

Nightmare grew more and more impatient as he slowly paced around the hall, the negative energy would group up and start to drop from his right eye and from his mouth, after regaining his composer he would wipe the liquid away using a handkerchief. He remained in his passive form, too busy thinking about what he could do, what he could've done. He felt borderline useless in this situation, he couldn't help Killer, he couldn't help someone who he cared so much for. He couldn't stop him from being hurt, thinking about this will make the night longer. He retreats to his bedroom for the rest of the night.

𝔸 𝔻𝕒𝕪 𝕃𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣

The medic rushes into Nightmare's chambers, the shortness of breath made it hard for him to communicate to the lord. When he entered the room Nightmare stood up in worry, the feeling was mixed with excitement. The medic leans against a near by table as he nodded, "he's stable my lord, would you like to see him?" He said with a harsh gulp before rushing back to the medic station, allowing the lord to make his decision to follow. Killer was finally stable enough for Nightmare to safely enter the room. Nightmare put on his coat before quickly following, he wanted to speak to Killer again.

Once the emperor entered the room the group of medics line up against the farthest wall, bowing to the lord. Nightmare froze once seeing the knight again, he shouldn't have followed, he despised seeing him this way, in so much pain, and blood coating his body. Killer was laying on the bed quietly, he was sound asleep. Nightmare took the seat next to the bed, once looking at Killer his head hung in shame. His mind began to think about that night until the memory of Dream popped into his head. His left hand went to his mouth, he quietly said "my brother," his voice was barely audible at this point, it would be too quiet for the medics to hear. He hated the fact that he used to miss him, the warm comforting embrace of his brother's arms in the morning before breakfast, the sweet smile that was plastered on his face whenever Nightmare would even glance at him, the fact that he could barely recognize the Dream - his brother, that night was shocking. He was worried for his twin brother until he looked at Killer, who was still suffering alone. He wanted Dream's head on a stick, despite no longer hating his brother.

By looking at Killer's condition, to be honest he didn't look stable at all, he needed to tell Killer the truth. If he were to lose Killer he wanted them to know, that he loved them, he wanted to at least have them leave knowing he cared about him. Once looking at Killer an uneasy feeling set into Nightmare's stomach like a rock, he needed to leave. He abruptly stood, and took his leave to the training grounds. He needed to think of something better to say than 'I care more for you than a f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶ person normally does' or 'you're more tolerable than most'. He needed time to think, he will come back shortly. It was so uncomfortable to see him in pain while sleeping. After a while of thinking, he takes a stroll into the garden before roaming the halls, he begins to head towards the infirmary Killer rested in. When he turned the corner there were maids crowding to try and see into the room. Nightmare's strides quickened as he stopped behind the maids, they turned to their lord, bowing before rushing off. What was all the fuss about, he peeks through the crack of the door, slowly sliding his head in to see Killer's eyes were slightly opened. He was awake!

Nightmare opened the door and walked in where the medics moved away from the bed for their lord. Nightmare took a seat once again, his hands curled around each other as he looked at Killer. Luckily he was now changed into more suitable, clean, garments which put Nightmare's mind more at ease.

Killer was so out of it, he stared at the ceiling not even knowing Nightmare was there until a minute or two of him being in the room. He barely blinked, everything hurt so bad, his head turned towards Nightmare. It was a strained motion but it filled Killer's soul to know that his emperor was here to see him. He closed his eyes happily as he put on a painful smile. Seeing that pitiful smile again reminded Nightmare of what happened in the forest, what Killer was trying to say, Nightmare had the scene rewind and play in his head multiple times, trying to piece together what he meant into a proper sentence. Since what he thought he heard couldn't have been what he really said? 'Night, love me' is that the message he was trying to say? It suddenly clicked in his head, was that Killer's suspicious intent, it makes sense with the peck on the cheek that morning, did Killer really also have feelings for him? Could that really be it?

Nightmare's imagination broke after hearing the quiet sobs and whimpers of Killer as he was in pain, the sounds were clearly trying to be silenced as they left his body. The medics were now approaching the bed again, the magic in his soul had strands weaving out of itself, the medics had to force the magic into the soul, it looked like the worst amount of pain a monster could experience. Nightmare couldn't look at Killer without thinking of that night. The horrible picture remained in his head, the blood, Dust's cruel words, he didn't want to see him in this much pain, it shook Nightmare to his core. Nightmare needed time to face the fact that he failed to protect Killer, it was his fault that Killer is this hurt, and in this much pain.

Killer's eyes were harshly squeezed shut by the amount of pain he was in. He couldn't move his arms to stop Nightmare from leaving, the medics quickly crowd over to him, quietly hovering over him, unable to do much for his pain, there wasn't much they could do to help his soul. It hurt Killer to hear the door close again, his emperor has left him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.3K 2.4K 64
Dream chooses the wrong time to fall in love with the forced destroyer known as Error. When problems arrives Dream has to balance between real love...
56.2K 2.2K 45
A truce was made between Ink and Error, a truce to keep the balance of creation and destruction. But only a few months late something is now destroyi...
52.6K 1.9K 51
Killer ends up in a small trouble, I said small? I don't think having a baby of the Nightmare is just a little problem. How will killer solve this? W...
37.8K 879 17
Dust's fiance is Blueberry Cross's husband(/wife) is Dream Nightmares boyfriend is Killer Horrors boyfriend is Lust Errors husband(/wife) is Ink Samu...