【𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 • 𝐕𝐈𝐋�...

By carlyandcarson33

Caught in the crossfire of a quirk war, pro-hero and Symbol of Peace Deku is captured. Saved and returned to... More

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
1| Content Deleted
2| Hyped
3| Downward Spiral
4| Nightmares
5| Compliance
6| Dead-End
7| Legends Never Die
8| Sleep like the Dead
9| Accusations
10| Call Me Midoriya
11| Darkness
12| Don't Cry, Because I am Here!
13| The Worst Form of Torture
14| Curiosity Killed the Cat
15| Deal
16| By my Side
17| Broken Hero
18| A Little Favor
18| Boom
19| Remember
20| Fate
21| Trust
22| Hold On
23| Falling like Rain
25| Quirk War
26| A Hero's Grave
27| Shinimi
28| Broken Dam
29| When the World Slows
30| Connect the Dots
31| Tokyo-Bound
32| The Eyes of a Hero
33| Frightening Normality
34| Ready
35| It's Definitely You
35.5| It's Always Been You
36| Loneliness is Contagious
37| Enough
38| How to Catch a Cobra
39| And He Made Sparks Fly
40| Tears like Fire
41| Trust Outweighs Fear
42| The Manliest Hero
43| Burning Worry
44| Not Anymore
45| Fight for What You Care for
46| Karma's Kill
47| Useless Apologies
48| Together
49| Insight
49.5| Not Good, Not Bad
50| We are a Nightmare
51| You're Alive
52| We're Not Heroes
53| Liar, Liar, World on Fire
54| The Day He Died
55| The Day He Lived
56| Too Much, Too Late
57| Desperate
58| Fresh Start
59| You're my Happy Ending
60| A String to the Past
61| Open Flame
62| Liquid Fire
63| Help
64| All He Needs
65| Melted Glass
66| Mixed Signals
67| Kurai
68| Normal
69| Selfish
70| Monster
71| Betrayal
72| Illusionist
73| Windows to the Soul
74| Call Your Name
75| The Boy You'd Die For
76| Too Easy
77| Please
78| Maybe We're Monsters
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
author's note

24| Change

4.6K 258 133
By carlyandcarson33

"Yes, you're right, but first," Midoriya leans forward, "they extract their quirks."

"Wh-What?" You stutter, "You're joking. That's impossible."

"Here's the science behind it," he starts to explain, "technically, after someone dies, they're not considered dead until ten minutes after their heart stops."

"Why's that?"

"Because the blood the heart pumped before it stopped is still circulating, so they're not dead. At least, not immediately."

You nod. "So how . . . why do they extract the hero's quirk? The H.H.H. is supposed to help people."

"Remember the black capsule?" Midoriya asks, searching his pockets, "I can't seem to find it now, which isn't a good thing, but I remembered what they were!"

"Oh," you chuckle nervously, "well, the thing is . . . the capsule . . . "

Before you can tell him you broke it, he continues his explanation.

"When the hero's heart stops, they're considered dead by the H.H.H., but not medically," Midoriya tells you, "their body is still living, so their quirk is still inside of them."

You tilt your head. "I still don't get how they extract the power. I've never even heard of someone doing that."

"Yeah, because they don't want people to know, duh," he says, "I don't know exactly how they do it, but I bet it's someone else's quirk."

"So what are the capsules?"

"The capsules hold the quirks the H.H.H. extracts from dead heroes."

You blink. "Why? What's the point?"

"They're extremely rare, the capsules and heroes quirks. They . . . they sell them. They sell them to the quirkless."

You suck in a breath. "Wait, wait. So that means . . . "

"That means that your brother," Midoriya says, "was buying an illegal, stolen quirk."

"Why?" You mutter, "Why would he do that? Why would Hiroto even want one? What the hell?"

You look up at the hero. The hero who faked his death. The hero who's hiding out from the world. "How do you know this? How can I be sure you're not lying?"

Midoriya furrows his brows, looking hurt. "Seriously?"

"Seriously. My brother would never. He wouldn't even be able to afford something like that."

"Listen, I know that I'm right," the freckled man explains, "I'm sure of it, because that's what they tried to do to me."

Your heart clenches. "Really? When? How'd you . . . ?"

"I-I was, well, captured," he looks away, "and then when I was recused I was brought to the H.H.H., who declared me dead. I can remember it, they way the scientists leaned over my body, their shadows shrouding my face in darkness."

You listen intently as he continues.

"They tried to take my power from me. But I think . . . I think my predecessors wouldn't let them. They fought back, somehow. It's a little blurry. Then, you came. You where there, and you left the window open."

He smiles at you.

"And I escaped."

You tilt your head. "But if you remember all this, you weren't dead, correct?"

"They lied. I was never dead, just close to it," he sighs, "I don't want to remember how I ended up that way, but every night, the memories visit me in the form of nightmares."

You stand up, sitting beside him on the counter. "Was it a villain?"

"There were multiple," he replies, "lots of them, reveling in my anguish. It changed me. They changed me."

Midoriya runs his hands through his hair, looking down. "I can't control myself sometimes. I say things I shouldn't say. I do things I never thought I would. All because of them."

"It's okay," you whisper to him, putting a hand on his back, "you can change."

"B-But there are things I've done," he stutters, "that I can't change. People will always remember the d-day I . . . "

"What is it?"

" . . . I broke Kacchan's leg," he whispers, looking up at you with tears in his eyes. "I broke his leg while Ochaco and Kirishima watched. I just grabbed him . . . and I-I used my quirk, and . . . "

At first, you wonder who Kacchan is, but then you remember the story a while ago about pro-hero Dynamight breaking his leg in a mysterious accident. So that's what really happened?

Deku broke Dynamight's leg?

"A-And," he cries softly, "And I . . . I said some bad things to them. All of them, even though . . . they were trying to h-help me."

You hug him, the sobbing, shivering hero. 

"Deku," you say, knowing names are important, "I'm sure they'd understand if you talked to them. There are things beyond our control."

You both sit there, on the front counter of an abandoned store, hugging and crying in unison.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 88 24
TW! DISTURBING CONTENT LIKE MURDER. NOT LIKE THE CANON. SOME SUICIDAL THOUGHTS. Izuku Midoryia otherwise known as Deku. Deku was a nickname Bakugo Ka...
951 38 17
"All I've ever asked was to have your heart, but you refused to even let me in. I destroyed myself, I let you destroy me for you. I was there when yo...
48.8K 2.2K 32
ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴀ ᴠɪʟʟᴀɪɴ ᴊᴏɪɴꜱ ᴄʟᴀꜱꜱ 1-ᴀ, ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ꜱᴛᴜᴅᴇɴᴛꜱ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄʜᴇᴅ. ✨ COMPLETED ✨ 16+ __________________________________ ⱽⁱˡˡᵃⁱⁿ!ʳᵉᵃᵈᵉʳ ᴵᶻᵘᵏᵘ ˣ...
223K 12.1K 51
Being able to see things no one has ever, is not great. Izuku-a boy who just wants to live a normal life and become a hero-is cursed to see things he...