My Burden

By music_master

More

My Burden
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 4

20 0 0
By music_master

"That was fun" I said stoping the motorcycle.

"FUN?! It scared the hell out of me Athena" Elizabeth said standing up from the motorcycle and giving me my helmet.

I got off of my motorcycle, got the key and hang my helmet on the motorcycle.

We walked up to there small stairs infront of there front door and headed inside there house.

"Mum I'm home" Elizabeth shouted so it can be heared all over the whole house so it echoed.

Mrs. Wilson walked out from the kitchen wearing an apron.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Wilson" I said smiling.

"Good afternoon Athena" Mrs. Wilson said giving me a fake smile.

"I just finish cooking lunch, come eat with us Athena" Mrs. Wilson said suggesting me to go inside there kicthen.

"It's ok, I will not stay here long. Bye Mrs. Wilson bye Eli" I said turning around and turning the door knob.

"Athena you'll probably have lunch with your parents in the cemetery but please have lunch with us just for today" Elizabeth whispered holding my arm.

"How did you know that?" I whispered back to her.

"The other day while I was riding the bus going home, I saw you riding your motorcycle going to the cemetery with a food" Elizabeth whispered to me.

"So please have lunch with us just for today" Elizabeth added.

"My parents will be alone eating lunch" I whispered.

"They have each other so please have lunch with us" Elizabeth whispered.

"Fine" I said turning back and removing my arm from Elizabeth's grip.

"Mum Athena will join us for lunch" Elizabeth said to Mrs. Wilson.

"That's wonderful! Come, the food is alredy on the table" Mrs. Wilson said.

Elizabeth and I walked in the kitchen and I helped Mrs. Wilson in getting the plates, placemats and spoon and forks.

"It's ok Athena just sit there beside Elizabeth, I got this" Mrs. Wilson said getting the plates from my hands.

I walked to the table and sat beside Elizabeth waiting for Mrs. Wilson to served the plates and utensils. I cannot  stop thinking to help Mrs. Wilson because I always help other people. I stand up and tried to walked to Mrs. Wilson but Elizabeth stopped me.

"What are you doing? Just sit down" Elizabeth said to me.

"I'll helped your mom Eli" I said stopping.

"She can do it by herself" Elizabeth said pulling me down.

"Don't you ever helped you mom un something?" I asked her.

"Sometimes-well not really-I seldom help her" Elizabeth said.

"Why? Me, I always help my mom in everything" I said facing Elizabeth.

Before Elizabeth could reply, Mrs. Wilson came to us putting the plates infront of us. She put the spoons and forks above our plates.

"Let us pray before we eat" Mrs. Wilson said.

Elizabeth lead the prayer. After praying, we all started eating lunch.

"Athena do you eat lunch everyday?" Mrs. Wilson asked me.

"Uhm..." I said looking at Elizabeth.

"Ofcourse mom... she eats with me" Elizabeth said.

"Even sometimes your half day?" Mrs. Wilson asked.

"Yes" Elizabeth said to her mom.

"Thank you" I whispered to Elizabeth.

"Welcome, I understand" Elizabeth said putting her hand above my knee.

We ate lunch quietly. It's kinda weird eating with Elizabeth and her mom because I usually eat with my parents in the cemetery. For the 12 years, I've been eating with my parents in the cemetery and  I don't mind if I'm alone or not.

Sometimes in lunch time, I would ride my motorcycle and go to the cemetery very fast because it is just close to our school and eat with my parents.

"Athena?" Elizabeth removed me from my thoughts.

"Huh?" I asked recovering.

"My mum was asking you something" Elizabeth said to me.

"Sorry... what were you asking Mrs. WIlson?" I asked.

"I was asking, why did your parents die?" Mrs. Wilson asked with a sympathetic look.

I looked at Elizabeth and she gave me a I'm-sorry-for-the-question look and then I looked at my watch. Thank God it was already 1:00 in the afternoon because I really don't want to answer the question and I know that Elizabeth knows why.

"I's already 1:00, I need to go. Thank you for the lunch" I said getting up from my seat and walked out of there kitchen.

"Athena you haven't fi-" I heard Elizabeth said but I close there door and I headed to my motorcycle.

I start my motorcycle and headed to the cemetery. I didn't have time to put on my helmet so it just hang there while I ride really fast. Good thing that no one is around because I really don't want anyone to see me cry. 

I decide not to go to my parents grave so I went to my hiding place.

Since my parents died, I will always go to my "hiding place" to let my feelings out without no one seeing me.I stayed there for awhile and cried.

(Elizabeth's POV)

"Mum!" I said to my mum.

"I told you not to show sympathy, she doesn't like that" I added.

"I just ask he-oh I'm sorry sweety" Mum said to me.

"Now she has walked away and I'm worried where she is" I said.

"Why did she react that way?" Mum asked me.

"She just gets emotional when someone asked about her parents death or if we talked about it" I said.

"Now I have to find her... again" I said standing up deom where I'm seating.

"I'll come with you sweety" Mum said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I want to apologize and I don't wan to get worried about where you are again" Mum said.

"Ok, let's just hurry up" I said putting my plate and Athena's plate on the sink and hurried upstairs.

I went to my bedroom and cleaned my room. Then I went straight in the bathroom to take a bath. After taking a bath, I went to my walking closet and got my UK shirt, jeans and red shoes. Walked out of my walking closet and got my cellphone and went downstairs.

"Mum let's go" I said shouting.

Mum came down from her bedroom and we both headed to her car.

"Let's check her house?" Mum asked starting the car and putting her seat belt on.

"No we can't and I'm pretty sure she will not go home yet" I said putiing my seat belt on.

Mum started the car and we headed of to where our car will take us. I'm trying to call Athena but it goes straight to voice mail. I called her again.

"Athena... please pick it up please" I said while hearing the ring.

"Hey it's Athena, if I'm not answering it means I want to be alone so just leave a message. Thanks... bye" But it went to voice mail again.

"She's not answering my call" I said panicking.

"We'll find her sweetyin not time" Mum said putting her hand above my knee.

We've drove all over the place and still can't find Athena.

"It's almost night and we still haven't find her sweety we've looked everywhere and-" Mum said but I cut her off.

"There is one place that we haven't looked" I said to mu mum.

Mum turned right and went straight.

"Cemetery?" Mum asked stopping infront of the cemetery.

"Just stay here" I said opening the car door and walking inside the cemetery.

I walked to the right to looked for the abandoned houses then went straight to the end. Suddenly, I saw a motorcycle parked infront of an abandoned house.

"That's Athena's motorcycle" I said looking at it carefully.

I walked up to the door and opened it.

"Athena are you here?" I asked hoping someone would answer me.

No one answered me so I walked straight inside to looked for Athena hoping I would find her in this darkness.

(Athena's POV)

It's been 4 hours and I'm still crying. My eyes have a lot of tears to let out ok. Suddenly, I can hear footsteps heading this way.

"Athena, are you there?" A familiar voice asked.

Then Elizabeth walked out of the big whole. I stand up in suprise.

"What.are.you.doing.here?" I asked Elizabeth.

I can sense Mrs. Wilson is here with Elizabeth. I can't let her to see me this emotional.

"Why is your mum here?" I asked.

"How did you know she is here?" Elizabeth asked curious.

"It doesn't matter, now tell me, why is she here?" I asked her.

"She wanted to come to apologize" Elizabeth said.

"I can't talked to her now but we need to talked" I said.

"About what happened earlier? I know that is-" Elizabeth said but I cut her off.

"Not that!" I said.

"Then what?" Elizabeth asked.

"How did she know about my parents death?" I asked angrily.

"I k-kinda told her" Elizabeth said slowly.

"WHY?!" I said shouting.

"You know the time I was suppose to picked you up in the hospital?" Elizabeth asked.

"YEAH?" I said shouting.

"Please relax and I'll explain everything about it" Elizabeth said.

"Fine" I said sitting down on the rock.

"First of all, I wasn't suppose to fetch you to the hospital because she didn't allow me. I said that I already told you that I will fetch you. Then she said that "She has her parents to fetch her" that part was the sign that I have to tell her about your parents death" Elizabeth said.

"Why did you tell her that? Now she will show sympathy to me just like what she did earlier" I said angrily.

"It accidentally just came out of my mouth I didn't mean to say it" Elizabeth said.

"I already told her not to show sympathy" Elizabeth added.

"But she did Elizabeth! She did" I said standing up.

"That is why she is here with me to apologize for what she did because I already talked to her before looking for you" Elizabeth said.

"Like I said earlier, I don't want to talk to her rightnow. I don't want her to see me burst just like you seeing me now" I said pacing back and forth.

"At the first place you know what she did to me so why let her come with you?" I asked Elizabeth.

"She wanted to really apologize and she doesn't want to get worried again for not knowing where I am" Elizabeth said.

"I was really just going by myself but she insist to go with me Thena" Elizabeth added.

"You know I'm really pissed at you rightnow but I can't get mad and fight with you because your my best friend" I said trying to control my anger.

I got my blade from my pocket. I always bring my blade incase of situations like this happens ot if I have a problem and I can't tell it to anyone.

"Athena what are you doing?" Elizabeth asked shocked.

"What does it looked like I'm doing?" I said sounding like a statement.

"Don't do it" Elizabeth said.

"I want to show what I feel but I can't hit you so I guess this is my only choose" I said holding the blade.

I started to lightly slide it onto my arm and Elizabeth closed her eyes.

I can see blood falling down my arm towards my elbow. I heard footsteps so I immediately covered my cut with a bandage and wipe the blood left.

I tried to hide on the side so Elizabeth's mom would not see me bleeding myself to death.

"Honey, are you here?" Elizabeth's mom ask.

"Mom... what are you doing here? I told you to stay in the car" Elizabeth said.

"I just could not stand knowing that you are alone looking around this dark cemetery honey. And I wanted to help look so I could apologize to Athena" Elizabeth's mom said.

"Trust me mom, I'm not alone..." Elizabeth said looking at me then back to her mom.

Elizabeth can see that my band-aid is already full of blood and I am losing a lot of blood as well.

I saw the scared and concern look in Elizabeth's eyes but she soon change it when she talk to her mom.

"Mom let me take you back to the car and just stay in the car" Elizabeth said.

"I will be right back" Elizabeth mouthed to me.

I just nodded.

Elizabeth walk slowly to her mom and I heard them walk out of the abandoned house.

I carefully stand up and tried to get something from my bag.

I self harm but I always bring an alcohol with me and put it in my scars. I know it hurts like A LOT.

After hurting, I covered it with another bandage. And I just waited until Elizabeth comes back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Whole Truth By jaxharlow

Mystery / Thriller

433K 20.2K 52
Adele knows she witnessed a murder - what she doesn't know is just how personal it is. ...