Harry Potter One Shots [x Rea...

By lanieiswriting

Uploading all my Harry Potter fan fiction from my Tumblr @wnterwidows. I give no permission to repost any of... More

Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley
Harry James Potter
Harry James Potter
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom
Neville Longbottom
Cedric Diggory
Cedric Diggory
Cedric Diggory
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy
Luna Lovegood
Ginny Weasley
Ginny Weasley
James Potter
James Potter
Sirius Black
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin
Marauders
Tom Riddle
Tom Riddle

Draco Malfoy

1.6K 25 2
By lanieiswriting

Title: No Big Deal

Pairing: Draco Malfoy x Potter!reader

Summary: No Voldemort!AU. Y/N is Harry's twin sister who is the happiest she's ever been. Sure, she's been hiding a huge secret from her brother for the past six months. And yes, she's been secretly dating someone right under Harry's nose for six months. Not to mention the person she's dating is the person her brother hates the most in the world, Draco Malfoy. She's sure Harry won't care. No big deal right?

Word Count: 3k

You've never really had a reason to complain about your life. You had two parents who loved you unconditionally and a twin brother who had basically been your surrogate best friend since you were born. You had great friends in your house at Hogwarts and you were even made a prefect your fifth year. Not to mention, besides your own family, you and Harry had the whole Weasley clan who all felt like a second family. You and Harry were essentially honorary Weasleys and spent a month at the Burrow every summer over break. So why was it despite everything you had in your life that simply couldn't be better, that you've been remarkably happier than you've ever felt before since dating Draco?

Yes, Draco. How rotten your luck seemed to be for your very first boyfriend to coincidentally be the person your brother hates the most. The two of them hadn't gotten on since your first year when Draco told Harry that being friends with someone like Ron Weasley would set him up for failure. Harry refused his friendship and embarrassed Draco in front of everyone in The Great Hall. From that day, Harry and Draco hated each other. They were constantly competing against each other and it could be very annoying.

You never hated Draco like Harry did, even back in your first year at Hogwarts. You certainly didn't like him, but you still didn't hate him. You inherited your mother's kindness and Harry inherited an unwavering hatred of Slytherins from your father. You had a habit of seeing the best in people, no matter what, and Draco Malfoy wasn't an exception to your kind nature. Even if you didn't hate Slytherins as a whole, Draco never made it easy to like him. He was self entitled, arrogant, and was rude to everyone you cared about. You didn't like him when he called Hermione a mudblood, you didn't like him when made fun of the Weasley family's lack of income and you really didn't like him when he milked his injury and had Buckbeak nearly executed.

So how did you end up dating him right under Harry's nose?

Dating someone and not being able to tell your brother was painful. Having a twin was like having someone who understood you so well that they felt like they were part of you. You weren't used to not telling Harry everything and to not do so was one of the hardest things you would ever have to do but you knew you had to keep this huge secret from your twin if you wanted a chance to see if you could having something with Draco. You worried that the chemistry you two had would just fizzle out and you would just have too many differences. You knew that you had to keep that fact you were dating Draco Malfoy secret from not just Harry, but all of your friends as well, if you wanted to see if what you and Draco felt for one another could last.

Over time, all you knew was that you loved Draco and what you had felt real. It wasn't some casual fling where you would sneak around to see each other and the initial excitement would die out. The excitement never faded away. If anything, the longer you were together, the more you didn't want to let go. You hated lying to everyone, especially Harry, but it had to be done. The only silver lining was that Draco's friends knew so there was people who did know about your relationship.

After all, it was your family and your friends that would be upset, not his. It was surprisingly necessary because of your family and not his. Draco told you that his father wouldn't be thrilled of the news but Draco said his father was never thrilled about anything ever. He said that as long as you make him happy, which he told you he always is with you, that his mother would be over the moon. The only reason he didn't tell his mother was because she likely wouldn't be able to wait to meet you and you two weren't quite ready for that.

Between study dates in the very back of the library, evening spent cuddling in the room of requirement, and spending time together in the Slytherin Common Room. Before you knew it, what you had with Draco did become something real and you knew what you had to do.

You had to tell Harry.

In the back of your mind you knew this wasn't going to go over well. Between who you were dating, the fact that you hid it from him for half a year and Harry's tendency to be an absolute drama queen, you knew that this conversation could very well not end in a hug. But you thought you might as well go in with an open mindset, right?

You figured that right before dinner would be the perfect time to tell him while he was alone. Well, as alone as Harry ever was. Rushing through the Portrait, you entered the Gryffindor Common Room and searched for your brother. You recognized a familiar mess of jet black hair in the corner not too far from the fireplace sitting with Ron. Walking over speedily you faked confidence. "Harry! There you are!"

"Y/N!" he smiled, straightening himself up. "What's up?"

"Harry," you trailed off wringing your hands as your thinly veiled faux confidence fell and your nervous state showed itself, "I've got to tell you something."

He furrowed his eyebrows seeing your nervousness. "What is it? Is something wrong?"

"Well, no," you started carefully. "And yes." You squinted your eyes, berating yourself for your awkwardness.

Harry looked as confused as one could be when his sister something was and also wasn't wrong.

"Listen Harry, I've been keeping something from you."

"Keeping something from me? Y/N, what could you possibly have to keep from me?"

He didn't look angry. No, just perplexed. Maybe he won't be angry at all when you tell him— "Y/N?"

"I'm dating someone" you said so quickly he had to do a doubled take and he turned to Ron with pulled eyebrows as if to ask 'Did my sister just speak fluent gibberish?' Ron merely shrugged in response. Once he caught on to what you said, Harry stood up from the sofa smiling, "Really?" He excitedly asked. "Who is it? How long have you been seeing them?"

Before he could fire off anymore queries Ron interrupted with a laugh. "Bloody hell, Harry. Give her a chance to answer and take a breath for Merlin's sake!"

Rolling his eyes, Harry looked expectantly at you. Clearly, expecting answers. Who was it you were dating and how long have you been together?

You were stuttering before you even got a word out of your mouth as your nerves settled into place in the pit of your stomach. "I—uh—well," you started picking up the habit of looking everywhere but the person's eyes you were meant to meet because of your nerves at what would happen when Harry found out the answers to his question. "It—it's someone you know." You finished dumbly.

Having an aptitude for finding humor in the wrong circumstances, Ron let out a laugh. "Really, Y/N?" Ron asked. Turning to your brother, he grinned at your awkward state. "She's so worried you think she's dating a bloody snake." Harry laughed instantly at his best friend's remark finding that scenario very funny indeed.

Oh no. This definitely cannot be a good omen for the rest of this conversation.

"Y/N?" Harry asked quieter than he'd been previously talking as their laughter died down and he observed the solemn expression on your features. "Are you dating a—"

"Slytherin?" you breathed shakily. "Yeah, yeah I am."

And there it was. The first awkward silence between you and your brother in your life.

"And?" He inquired moodily. "Who is it?"

"Must be Zabini." Ron chimed in, probably hoping to relieve the tension. "Loads of girls fancy him."

"No, it's not Blaise." You mumbled, finding your shoes much more interesting than your brother's reaction. "I'm dating Draco."

You said this so quietly that you feared Harry hadn't heard you and would have to repeat it, but his drastic change of tone quickly cleared that up. "Malfoy?" Harry hissed looking a mix of shock and disgust. "How could you be with someone as vile as him!"

Your brother looked at you like you were the gum on the bottom of his shoe. While you were prepared to empathize with him and how'd he feel with his twin sister dating someone he hates, the words he said about your boyfriend stirred a fiery rage within your stomach that just moments ago was full of nerves. "Vile?" You said heatedly with your mouth open in shock. "My boyfriend isn't vile thank you very much!"

"Isn't vile?" He scoffed, putting his hands on his hips looking away at disbelief as they words he came from his sister's mouth. "And how do you know that? How are you sure you even know him? I'm telling you Y/N, you don't know what kind of person he is!"

It was your turn to scoff now. "'Don't know what type of person he is?' Really Harry? I think I know my boyfriend perfectly fine on my own seeing as we've been dating for 6 months!"

"6 months!" He exclaimed. "How could you do this to me? How could you do this to mum and dad?"

You rolled you eyes. "Well Harry, mum already knows!"

"She does?" He asked incredulously.

"Yes," you spat out. "You see, brother, I had to tell mum that I wanted to bring my boyfriend home for Christmas."

He opened his mouth to make a retort but you brought a finger up to his face warning. "And you know what? She said yes! And she does know that my boyfriend is a Slytherin and is a Malfoy but she doesn't care because guess what Harry? She only wants me to be happy, unlike you who is only worried about his own ego!"

He scoffed saying nothing. You turned away and stormed up to you dorm, forgetting all about dinner and only how much of an utter git Harry was being.

*

The next two weeks before the end of the semester was full of tension. It was two weeks and then you would be bringing your boyfriend, who your brother hates, home to meet your family. After the fight in the Common Room, Harry was acting like a child by giving you the silent treatment. You were beginning to wonder if you were underselling it when you said that your brother was a drama queen. Words fail to describe how dramatic he could be.

So what if he didn't like who you were dating? It isn't like he was dating his supposed arch-nemesis. Frankly, all he should care about is if you were happy and if your boyfriend treated you well. Which you were and he most definitely did.

It was crystal clear to you that this was not Harry's thought process. All he cared about was his own ego. Just as well as you knew your twin, you knew all he thought was that his sister was dating his enemy. He was only thinking about how you dating Draco affected him and not about your own happiness. His attitude irritated you to no end, so you started to ignore him as well. The first three days you were desperate to talk to your brother who was avoiding you like you were infected with Dragon Pox, but then you ignored him, which was quite easy seeing as he was already avoiding you. You didn't miss how Hermione and Ron were telling him to talk to you. But still, he wouldn't listen.

No matter how unbothered you were with ignoring Harry for the time being it didn't change that fact that your were bringing Draco home for Christmas Break. You knew you would have to talk to Harry if you wanted a chance at Christmas Dinner going well. You didn't need Harry and your dad looking put off the whole meal because of who you were dating. Not to mention your godfather Sirius would be there who would not help at all. Thank Merlin for your mum who you already told about Draco. In fact, she suggested telling Harry before you left Hogwarts for break. She made a point to tell you to tell him two weeks before in her letter, something you thought was odd at the time, but now knew that she just knew how Harry could react. So yes, you had to talk to your brother no matter how much you didn't want to.

Walking into the Great Hall, you spotted Harry towards the middle of the table with Ron, Hermione, Fred and George. Making a beeline towards your twin you didn't even care that your friends were there. Ron shook Harry's shoulder and mumbled something that was evidently about you as your brother turned and looked at you shocked which he quickly covered with disdain. He made a move to get up set on avoiding you again, but you were too quick.

Reaching the table you sat across form Harry with Fred and George on either side of you. "Harry James Potter you sit down right now" you seethed at him.

Hermione and Ron, both on Harry's side, looked uncomfortable clearly not wanting to be here for what was about to happen. Even Fred and George looked liked they'd rather be sitting at the Slytherin table.

"What do you want Y/N?" Harry lightly scoffed annoyed.

"What do I want?" you asked him with a tinge of sarcasm. "Oh, I don't know. Maybe for my brother to stop ignoring me and giving me the silent treatment like a child! Though I suppose it could not be his fault that he never learned to grow up!" You were smiling tauntingly knowing that he probably thought you were actually going to apologize to him.

He rolled his eyes. "You're acting like this is my fault" he mumbled.

Is he serious?

"It is your fault, Harry!" you said annoyed leaning forward on the table. "You got mad because I'm dating someone you hate. You didn't even think about if I was happy with Draco when all you could think about was your own ego!"

"That's not true." He said looking embarrassed with reddened cheeks.

"You know it is!" You scoffed. "You didn't even care enough to think if I was happy with him because you think I'm betraying not only you but our family just because you hate him!"

"Y/N..." he started trailing off and losing the hardened expressions on his face for the first time since your argument over a week ago.

But you didn't listen to him. Keep going on your tangent incredibly hurt and frustrated at your brother. "I'm the happiest I've ever been because of him, Harry, and if you love me you'll get over your pride! You know I need you in my corner. Dad will be a pain about it and Uncle Sirius won't be any help. You don't have to suddenly like him but you can't act like you did when I told you."

"Fine." he sighed. "I'll do this for you, but I don't like him."

You laughed. "Yeah! No kidding."

After a moment of silence that was comfortable instead of tense like you'd been used to this week Harry spoke. "I'm sorry, Y/N." His simple apology had your eyes watery in seconds. It was a nice moment, making up with your brother. If there was one thing you hated more than not telling him about Draco for six months, it was him not talking to you for a week. Some people obviously can't read the room, however.

"Aww, would you look at that." Fred annoyingly cooed earning an eye-roll from you. "Just adorable, isn't it Georgie?"

"That it is, Freddie. I could never ignore you for that long, brother." George said with a pout. "I reckon you wouldn't date Draco Malfoy though, would you?"

"Never!" Fred shrieked in an over girly way that pushed you to the brink of your irritation.

Pushing both of their heads on either side of you got up from the table groaning "Oh, I've had enough of you two already."

Still, despite the twins antics, you were glad that you and Harry were talking again. Now all you had to worry was your dad's reaction. No big deal, right?

*

A few days later you were in your living room pacing back and forth. Today was the day. The day your family would meet Draco. Honestly, you couldn't be more nervous and it wasn't just because Draco had said he wanted to fly to your house instead of using the floo network. Something about doing it 'properly', whatever that meant. No, the main reason you were as nervous as can be was that not everyone knew who you were dating. While Harry and your mum knew you were dating Draco Malfoy, your dad and godfather did not. You still hadn't told them, which now felt like a mistake. It must have shown through your anxious breathing, nervous pacing, the fact you were talking to yourself under your breath. If how you were feeling wasn't shown in your behavior, it would've been obvious by how your brother was watching you in amusement as he sat lazily on the couch.

"Nervous, are we?" he chuckled.

You spun around at him, somehow unaware that he was sitting there in the room with you. "Me? Nervous? No, uh, I, uh don't think so. Nothing to worry about." Your tone was anything but convincing.

"Oh yes," he said with a grin. "You do look rather calm and collected. Not frantic at all. I don't know what Uncle Sirius was thinking when he said you looked, what was it? Oh yeah, frazzled."

You squinted at him annoyed that he was making fun of you in your hour of need. What exactly were brothers even for? To annoy the ever living life out of you? That must be it.

"I am not frazzled Harry!" you said very upset.

"Well, I must disagree on that." Your godfather decided to chime in, popping out from the kitchen. "Why is it again that you won't tell anyone who your boyfriend is?" Sirius asked with a raised eyebrow.

You huffed putting your hands on your hips. How many times was he going to ask? "I told you Uncle Sirius. It's not everyone I'm not telling, just you and Dad."

"And why does Harry need to know beforehand and not me?"

What did you say before about egos?

"It's not just you, it's dad too!"

At that your dad came out of the kitchen. "And what's this about the best dad in the world?" He smiled broadly as per usual.

You were about to say it was nothing important but your godfather beat you to the punch. "This is about why she hasn't told us who she's dating."

Your dad looked thoughtfully. "You do have an excellent point, Padfoot! Why haven't you told us, Y/N?"

Harry laughed. "Yeah, Y/N, why haven't you told them?"

You ignored him. "I just didn't want you to overreact" you said simply.

"And why in Merlin's name would I do that?"

"He isn't Gryffindor."

"Nothing wrong with that." He assured you but not before adding "Not everyone can be in the best house anyways. What house is he in, then?"

You blanched not wanting to tell him that your boyfriend was a Slytherin. Thank Merlin, your mum came to the rescue. "James, stop asking her. You'll find out soon enough." She said with a smile and pointed look towards your dad. "All you need to know that he makes her happy and that's all that matters. Right, James?"

He looked surprised at the accusation. "Of course, Lily! I just wanted to know who he is."

Wherever the conversation was going was interrupted by a knock at the front door that pulled your attention away from you dad. You felt your nervousness lessen. No more waiting. Draco was here.

You opened the door and saw Draco looking exceptionally put together as always but this time he wore a nervous smile that you found that you loved. He was holding a bouquet of your favorite flowers.

"Hi," you breathed out adoringly. "I'm so glad you're here."

"As am I, darling." he smiled. He pecked your cheek softly and handed you the bouquet. "These are for you, your favorite."

Holding the bouquet you smiled as you blushed. "You remembered."

"Of course, anything for you."

Lost in the moment, you remembered that your mum, dad, godfather, and brother were all in the room with you. Turning around holding the flowers in one hand and Draco's hand in the other, you said to your family with a nervous smile. "Dad, Uncle Sirius, this is my boyfriend Draco."

Draco reached forward with his hand out, "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir."

Your dad smiled and shook his hand. "You too, Draco. Now, my daughter wouldn't tell me what house you're in."

"I'm in Slytherin, sir."

Your dad's face showed his disappointment. He hadn't let go of his Slytherin prejudices from his days in school. "Tell me, why does your name sound familiar. Have I heard about him from you, Y/N? Or Harry?"

He hasn't connected the dots yet.

Sirius did though. He barked out a laugh bringing the attention to him. "Your Lucius Malfoy's son aren't you?" He asked already knowing the answer.

"Yeah, I am." He said and an awkward tension filled the air that was similar to when you told Harry.

"No." Your dad said in disbelief in shock.

"No?" you asked incredulously. Out of all the scenarios you went though in your head how your dad would react a simple 'no' wasn't one of them.

"You can't be dating a Malfoy." he said again with disbelief.

You sighed. "You sound like Harry." Did you really have to do this again?

"Harry?" your dad asked. "Why on Earth didn't you put a stop to this?"

Harry sat still on the couch watching everything unfold. With his hands crossed behind his head he said nonchalantly, "Not my fault she secretly dated him for six months."

Your dad gaped. Your mum stepped forward. "James, that's enough. She's happy, you don't like the boy's father, just get over it."

Knowing better than to argue with Lily Potter and that she was correct that he would have to get over it, he huffed and through up his hands dramatically turning to go into the dining room. "Fine, fine." He mumbled.

Going into the dining room, you sat next to Draco and held his hand under the table, squeezing it for reassurance. Your mum brought out the roast and you felt your nerves disappear completely as your mouth watered. Your mum's roast was the absolute best thing you had ever tasted in your life. Even the Hogwarts feast didn't beat it.

As you all began to dig in you looked over at your dad thinking about what could make him like Draco if not just warm up to him a bit. Then you realized. Quidditch. "Dad, Draco is on the Quidditch team. He's a seeker like Harry." You smiled.

"Does he?" he said with interest.

"Yeah, he's brilliant." You said warmly smiling at your boyfriend with pride. You saw Harry roll his eyes next to Sirius across from you.

"Well, I wouldn't say that. I'm decent but truthfully her brother is much better than me." Draco said clamming up.

Harry raised his eyebrows thoroughly shocked that Draco Malfoy said not only was he better at him than something but better at Quidditch of all things.

You dad perked up impressed at Draco's newfound humility. "When did you get on the team?"

"Oh, back in second year."

Sirius must have been warming up to your boyfriend as well when he chimed in "Your mother is my cousin, you know?"

"I do, yes." Draco said with a quick smile.

"Draco, have you thought about what you want to do after Hogwarts?" your mum asked smiling kindly at him from the other side of the table.

"My father wants me to get a job in the Ministry," he started "but I don't think that's really for me. I like the idea of being a healer. Hard work, no doubt, but it would be rewarding I think."

"And you don't care what your father has to say about that?" Sirius asked curiously.

"Well, I can't do everything he wants me to do. At some point I have to make my own path whether he likes it or not." He said looking at you at the end of his sentence.

Sirius wasn't the only one who looked impressed at what Draco said. Your parents looked quite happy and Harry had the most humorous look of confusion that could be simply read 'Who is this at my dinner table and what has he done to the Draco Malfoy I've known for six years?'

After that the conversation flowed with ease the whole evening and your heart has never felt fuller then in that moment.

Maybe telling your family about dating Draco wasn't the easiest thing you've ever done. Still in the end you were here in your home with all the people you love and it all felt like no big deal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 53 27
Welcome to my Harry Potter Imagines Book. I hope you enjoy❀️ Requests: Closed Started : 11/08/22 Ended: T.B.D Disclaimer: I do not support JKR and th...
277K 2.2K 144
ℍ𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕣𝕖 π•€π• π•žπ•– ℍℙ 𝕓𝕠π•ͺ𝕀 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕔π•₯ ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕩 ℍℙ 𝕓𝕠π•ͺ𝕀 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 π•¨π•šπ•π• 𝕓𝕖: β€’ π•Šπ•žπ•¦π•₯ β€’ π”Έπ•Ÿπ•˜π•€π•₯ β€’ 𝔽𝕝𝕦𝕗𝕗 β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘...
88.6K 1.2K 80
One shots of your favorite HP characters.
18.9K 398 83
(n.) the act of loving in return the characters I write for are listed in the first chapter (used to be called "Random Fandom One Shots and Preferenc...