A brother's regret (THE BULLI...

By icecuberlover

Andrew had always wanted to be among the popular students in his school but for that to happen he needs to be... More

Prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
NEW STORY UPDATE.
Interview with Andrew.

Chapter 21

11K 256 106
By icecuberlover

AN: hey guys I just want to say I read your comments and you guys weren't happy that Amelia still didn't find out the truth and that Dave lied to her. But it had to happen to make the story come out as I want to. If Amelia finds out the truth this soon, it won't make the story very interesting. So I plead with you guys to be patient and see how it goes. You definitely wont regret it, I promise.

------------------
Pulling his eyes open proved to be a difficult task to Andrew. His lids were heavy and it felt like he hasn't opened it for centuries.

Nevertheless he forced his eyes open and the first thing that came to sight was his white ceiling.

As he tried to get up, he felt a pressure on his fore head and his hands reached to find a wet towel. 
He knew he fell sick and was taken care of but he had no idea who it was. He was so weak that he couldn't detect whoever it is that made him better.

Probably mum. He thought to himself as he sat up on his bed only to realize that someone was beside him.

His eyes widen as they landed on the sleeping figure of his little sister.

What was she doing here? He wondered.

Suddenly realization struck him. Amelia had been the one to take care of him but he was confused. She had said she was scared of him and wanted him to stay away from her, why then did she bother to take care of him.

A smile graze his lips as he realized the reason.

She still cares about him despite her fear of him. The thought warmed his heart as he wondered what he must have done to deserve a sister like her.

He slowly got off the bed making sure not to make a noise so as to not wake her up.

She looked tired and he suddenly felt guilty. She should have just gone to her room and have a proper sleep instead of waiting for him to get better.

Gently, he picked her up and place her on his bed. She stirs but didn't wake up and that cause him to sigh in relief. He pulled the covers over her and kissed her head before walking out the room to go get a glass of water.

As he got out, he began hearing voices from his parents room. He was confused as to why they would be awake at such a late hour and wasn't his dad out of town?

Curiously he walked in that direction. The voice becoming clearer.

His mum and dad were arguing again. It probably haven't been long since his dad returned and they are already arguing.

"What you're saying is nonsense Patricia. You cant possibly mean it" his dad whisper yell and Andrew place his ears on the doors to catch some more words.

"What do you expect me to do Dan? She asked me for answers and I gave them to her"

"You lied to her" his dad almost yelled "you lied to her Patricia don't you see how much damage you've done. Lia would start thinking its her fault that Andrew is sad and its not fair"

Wait, what were they talking about?

"Dan I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you don't see the benefit in what I did..."

"There is no benefit Tricia. You've gone too far this time. I supported your decision when she enrolled Amelia in that same hell of a school but I won't support you lying to her"

"So you're going to tell her the truth? You're going to tell her that her mum lied to her? You're going to make her lose the trust she has for me?"

Dan sighed heavily "we have to. This is one big lie Tricia don't you see? If we don't stop now it'll just keep piling and then it'll bring problems to us in the future"

"No"  Patricia disagrees stubbornly. "This is for the best. Her relationship with Andrew is stable now. Didn't you see how she refused to leave his room until he got better? Are you going to destroy this fresh start just because you think its wrong to lie to her?"

"Tricia you made their relationship better by lying to her. What if she learns the truth? Not only will she hate Andrew; she'll hate you, me and that innocent boy Dave all because you choose to be selfish..."

Andrew bust in at that moment. He was shaking with anger and a little bit of fear as to what lie they had been feeding his sister.

By the look of things, it seem pretty serious because Dave happens to be involved.

"Can you guys please explain what is going on?" He asked trying to control his anger.

His parent stared at him wide eyes as if they didn't expect him to be there.

Oh of course they didn't. This conversation was suppose to be for their ears alone but too bad, luck wasn't always on their side

"Son..." Patricia start to say but he cut her off

"Please mum just tell me what is going on. What did you say to Amelia?" He hoped the lie wasn't the reason Amelia decided to nurse him back to health.

His mother refuse to speak so his father fill him in on all what happen.

He was shocked and disappointed in her. How could she go so far. There were already trying so hard to cover up his sins and then she suddenly made it worse. He didn't even realize when the first tears roll down his eyes.

But he couldn't blame her though. It was all his fault. Everything that happened is his fault and he wasn't going to put the blame on anyone. Instead he'll make things right.

"I'll tell her the truth myself" he told them with determination in his tone "lia doesn't deserve all this mum. What you did is very wrong"

"But I did it for you son" her voice breaks and Andrew watch in guilt as the tears roll down her eyes "you're so sad and miserable and I had to do something about it"

Andrew gaze soften and he moved towards her and pulled her into a hug letting her cry in his chest.

"I know mum. But this is the price I have to pay for all what I did to lia and I'm ready to carry the burden alone. You guys don't have to get involved.

"But Andrew I'm your mother. It hurts to see you hurting and suffering alone..."

"Like I said mum" he cut her off "its the price I have to pay for the sins I've committed and I'll regret this all my life I just don't want you complicating things for me. Lia deserves the truth"

"But what about her attacks. are you going to risk it?" She asked pulling away from the hug.

"I have to cause I'm really fed up with the lies that we've been feeding lia. Its time to make things right and move on for good"

A warm hand fell on his shoulder and he looked to see the warm gaze of his father on him "are you sure about this son?"

Andrew smiled in assurance "I'm sure dad"

A smile lit up his Dan's face as he said "its the right thing to do son. I'm proud of you"

Andrew was so happy to hear those words from his dad after a very long time and his words gave him courage to do the right thing.

What he should have done the very day Amelia returned home from Paris.

He would tell her the truth.

***
He stood just a few steps away from her with his hands in his pocket and an evil smile on his face.

"What are you gonna do freak?" He taunted as he approached her and she step back quickly "your brother just called you a nerd freak aren't you gonna do anything about it?" 

She forced back her tears reminding herself that Andrew doesn't mean it. They are forcing him to do this. He's her brother and he will never hurt her on purpose.

"Aw little nerdy wanna cry" Francis continue to taunt her causing his large group of popular friends to laugh.

She tired so hard to hold in her tears but they fell on their own anyway.

"The freak is crying" Kaitlin laugh and then looked towards Andrew "common Andrew why don't you come give her something to really cry about"

Her heart pounded as Andrew walked forwards towards her hesitantly.

He wouldn't do it. She knew he wouldn't go that far because of his friends. He loved her.

He may have joined in their teasing, tauting and insults but he wouldn't...

Bam

Amelia shot up from the bed in fright. "What kind of dream was that?" She muttered to herself, her eyes wide and sacred.

Andrew had hit her in her dream. Oh God it couldn't be a memory right? Maybe her constant fear of him and his friends caused her to have such an absurd dream

It couldn't have happened for real.

It isn't real.

She push the dream out of her mind and focused on the present.

She looked around and realize that she was still in Andrew's room and on his bed.

Her eyes widen. How did she end up in his bed. She vividly remember that she fell asleep beside his bed and not on it.

And where was he anyway? Is he better?

The door opened and Andrew walked in with a tray of coffee in his hands and a warm smile on his face when he saw she was finally awake.

"Morning" he greeted and for a moment, the dream flash in her mind causing her to flinch as he approach her but she pushed it down.

'Remember' she told herself 'Dave said he isn't the bad guy'

"Morning" she replied with an equally bright smile on her face.

"I brought you coffee" he place the tray on the bed side table and handed her the mug.

She took it with a small 'thanks'

There was a short moment of awkward silence before Andrew finally decided to break it "um... T-Thanks for taking care of me yesterday. Mum said you skip school for me and..." He wanted to go on but shook his head against it "Thank you" he settled.

"You don't have to thank me" she told him sincerely "that's what siblings do right?"

She smiled at him and he smiled back but she could see the sadness behind his smile.

Its time for her to settle their relationship once and for all.

"Andrew" she began just as Andrew also said "lia"

They both waited silently for the other to speak.

"You first" they said again and Amelia couldn't help but giggle at the situation.

Andrew grinned at her "this is the first time I'm hearing you laugh in a long time because of me" he was smiling but there was still sadness in his voice.

I took his hand into mine forcing the urge to flinch to the back of my mind "you're gonna hear a lot of it as from today brother"

If possible the wide smile on his face grew wider as he heard that one word from her. She could see the hidden tears of happiness that threaten to fall down his eyes.

Eventually he couldn't control them and they fell freely "its been a long time since you call me that" he sobbed and Amelia wanted so much to comfort him but she held back "but as much as I love the sound of that, I need to tell you the truth"

She shook her head "its okay brother" well he said he loved the sound of it so maybe its better she use it to address him from now on "mum and Dave already told me everything"

"But that isn't..."

"Don't explain any more thing to me Andrew" she cut him off "Dave would never lie to me and I guess mum wouldn't either" although I wasn't so sure of that "so just let it be and let's move on. There is no need for you to ask my forgiveness cause there is nothing to forgive"

He opened and closed his mouth looking unsure of what to say. He was probably at loss for words so Amelia decided to speak again "I know what to do" she began in excitement "let's skip school and have fun we can bond as siblings and catch up on the things we missed. Let's forget the past and focus on the present"

He remained silent and she waited anxiously for his answer. To her relieve, he smiled.

"Yeah let's do that"

"Great" she cheered in sincere happiness. This didn't mean the bad feelings she has about Andrew has disappeared but she is trying to ignore it.

Its hard but she was gonna try.

"I'll just go to my room to get ready"

She got off the bed and was about to walk out when he called her back.

She stopped at the door and turn to face him. He step closer to her and pulled her into a hug. "Thank you lia and I love you. Never forget that"

For the first time ever, Amelia felt a little comfortable around him.

Maybe this wasn't a bad idea after all.

--------------
Um... I know many of you don't want this to happen but sadly it happened anyway.
As you read, I just want you to remember that there's a calm before the storm. So brace yourself cause things are gonna get heated soon.

The next chapter and a few to come would be more of Francis feelings.

Thanks to all those who voted and commented. I'm still in shock of the number of reads I have and it all thanks to you guys.

Thanks for giving this story a chance. I'm very grateful.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 264 31
Ellie is a Senior in High School and she hasn't been in the social circle. Well more like she's not planning to be, but with her best friend Cassie a...
643 1 24
"𝑲𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒓 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆." 𝑶𝒏𝒚𝒙 𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑱𝒐𝒉𝒏𝒔𝒐𝒏 doesn't know what it's like to have someone love her. She wants to f...
51.9K 1.9K 44
Ellie Reed is not just your average teenage girl. She is popular because of her twin brother, Elliot. Also, the fact that she is almost friends with...
2.7K 70 18
Amelia Lucy Grey, known to most simply as Amy, is a so-called "freak". Her passion for music and her dedication to violin makes her different and thu...