Tragedy ✧ John Murphy

By SuperWalkingThrones

Julia Blake wasn't supposed to be born. Ninety-seven years ago there was a nuclear apocalypse on Earth. All... More

• Act 1 •
• Prologue •
• Chapter 1 •
• Chapter 2 •
• Chapter 3 •
• Chapter 4 •
• Chapter 5 •
• Chapter 6 •
• Chapter 7 •
• Chapter 8 •
• Chapter 9 •
• Chapter 10 •
• Chapter 11 •
• Chapter 12 •
• Chapter 13 •
• Chapter 14 •
• Chapter 15 •
• Chapter 16 •
• Chapter 17 •
• Chapter 18 •
• Chapter 19 •
• Chapter 20 •
• Chapter 21 •
• Chapter 23 •
• Chapter 24 •
• Chapter 25 •
• Chapter 26 •
• Act 2 •
• Chapter 27 •
• Chapter 28 •
• Chapter 29 •
• Chapter 30 •
• Chapter 31 •
• Chapter 32 •
• Chapter 33 •

• Chapter 22 •

2K 45 8
By SuperWalkingThrones

Third Person's POV

The group was back at camp, but missing one member. Monty had never been found, so they were forced to return without him. It was still night.

"Come on. These foxholes aren't gonna build themselves." Bellamy said to some of the hundred before walking over to Raven, Jasper, and Julia who were working on the landmines.

"Better hope those landmines work. All the gunpowder we're wasting, we could be making more grenades." Bellamy said to Raven.

"You want to come over here and test one?" Raven responded, but Bellamy wasn't in the mood for any type of joke.

"Cute. I need this entire section mined by morning. Then you finish the south field." Bellamy said before starting to walk away. Raven and Julia were quick to jump up and run after him, making him stop.

"I told you, we're going after Finn, Clarke, and Monty in the morning." Raven spoke.

"And I told you, nobody leaves this camp." Bellamy replied and Julia crossed her arms defiantly.

"And I've told you, we don't give a crap. We're not leaving Finn out there." Julia told him.

"We can't just abandon our people. You want to lead them, show them you give a damn." Raven said, agreeing with Julia.

Bellamy turned his body to face them completely as he was about to answer. But before he could, a gunshot went off. There were murmurs around camp as Bellamy jogged up to the guy whose gun went off.

"Hey, what the hell is the matter with you?" Bellamy demanded. "I'm sorry, man. I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day." Sterling said and Bellamy grabbed the collar of his jacket, shoving him against the tree.

"We've all been on watch all day! That bullet was one less dead grounder." Bellamy told the guy angrily.

"Bell, you're scaring people." Octavia spoke up and Bellamy glanced over at her. "They should be scared!" Bellamy let go of Sterling and turned to face the crowd that had gathered.

"The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up! The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do! Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone, probably dead, and if you want to be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive!" Bellamy was breathing heavily before he turned away. "Get back to work!"

~~~

It was a little bit later and Bellamy was fetching water for Myles. Julia was at the water station when he approached.

After a few moments of tense silence as Bellamy filled up the cup, he turned to his sister. "Don't you think I want to go after them too?"

"I think that if it was the other way around, there's no way Clarke, Finn, or Monty would still be here." Julia responded, her arms crossed.

"You're right, they'd go after me. Then they'd be dead too. I am doing what I think is right for the group." Bellamy told her.

"If it was Octavia or I, would you come after us?" Julia questioned and Bellamy sighed. "You know I would."

"Because we're family?" She questioned and Bellamy nodded.

"Because I'd be willing to sacrifice anyone and anything to save you. You and Octavia are my responsibilities. But I don't think Clarke, Finn, or Monty would want anyone dying to try and save them. And I doubt we could save them without, at best, a few casualties on our side." Bellamy explained and Julia uncrossed her arms, sighing in frustration.

"I hate this." Julia said, referring to their situation being unable to go and rescue Finn and Clarke and Monty.

"I know, Jules. I do too." Bellamy said before nodding in the direction he was about to go before starting off that way, motioning for her to join him.

Julia walked beside Bellamy as they headed back toward the main part of the camp. "If they're not dead, then I think the best chance we have of rescuing them is after we defeat the grounder army. Then we'll go after them, okay?" Bellamy asked and Julia nodded.

That's when noise started coming through Bellamy's walkie-talkie. It was Jasper's voice. "It's cool." He spoke, but it didn't seem directed at Bellamy as neither he or Julia knew that he was talking about.

But Jasper's voice was soon followed by Murphy's. "No, it's not. Julia can't know. And you know what'll happen to me if you tell Bellamy."

Julia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and concern as she shared a glance with Bellamy before he brought his walkie-talkie up to his mouth. "Tell Bellamy what?"

"Give me the radio, Jasper." Murphy ordered him, sounding frustrated and annoyed. There was a moment of silence before Jasper's voice came through again, sounding slightly panicked and rushed.

"Murphy has a gun. He killed Myles." Jasper spoke, though the end came through kind of muffled. Bellamy and Julia quickly headed towards the drop ship.

Julia couldn't believe what she was hearing. Murphy wouldn't have done that. I mean, Myles was the one who tied the noose when Murphy was hung, but he still wouldn't have killed him... would he?

"Murphy, what the hell are you doing?" Bellamy demanded through the radio right before they heard a creaking.

The siblings looked ahead to see the drop ship door starting to close. They broke out in a run towards it, but they were too late. It closed.

"Murphy! Murphy! Open the damn door!" Bellamy shouted through the closed entrance. "You try to be a hero, Jasper dies." Murphy's voice responded and Julia felt lightheaded.

What the hell was happening?

"Julia, try and talk to him. If there's anyone he's going to let talk him down, it's you." Bellamy told her in a low voice, not wanting Murphy or anyone else to hear. Although she felt lightheaded, Julia nodded.

"Murphy, it's Julia! Whatever happened, we can fix this. But first, you have to open the door and let Jasper out, okay?" Julia shouted, hoping that her words would reach him.

An angry shout came from inside, followed by loud banging and things hitting the floor. Julia knew he was frustrated at the situation and that he didn't want Julia there to see him like that.

There was a pause before Murphy shouted. "It's too late to fix it now!"

Julia shook her head, despite knowing that he couldn't see her doing so. "No, it's not! But if you hurt or kill Jasper, it will be, so please, come out and we can talk about this! Jasper is your friend, remember?"

"You and everybody else, stay out! I don't want you in here." Murphy's response came and Julia couldn't help but have tears start to well up in her eyes at his words. She was by his side through everything, so it really hurt that he didn't want her around now.

~~~

A little bit of time passed and, in that time, the sun came up. Julia was still standing beside Bellamy in front of the drop ship doors when Octavia came running over.

"I just heard Murphy has Jasper." Octavia said as she came to a stop beside us. Bellamy nodded. "Yeah. South foxhole done?" Bellamy asked her and she couldn't believe that's what he was focusing on at a time like this.

"What? Bellamy, my friend's in there with a killer." Octavia said and Julia felt the need to speak up. "I don't think Murphy's actually going to hurt him."

"And of course, you're taking his side. That's what you do, right? Stick up for your murdering psychopath of a boyfriend?" Octavia accused her sister, turning on her angrily.

"Whoa, Octavia, I'm not taking his side. But I can't just abandon him like I know you want me to... not after everything we've been through together. But if he truly killed Myles, I don't know what I'll do." Julia paused for a moment before continuing.

"But I said that I didn't think he'd hurt Jasper, not because I'm blindly sticking up for Murphy, but because he has no reason to. If he killed Myles, it was because Myles tied the noose he was hung with. And I'm not saying that makes it okay, it doesn't, but it does give him motive. Jasper wasn't involved with his hanging at all. In fact, from what I've heard, Jasper stuck up for him when Pike when crazy on him during Earth Skills. There's no motive there." Julia explained her reasoning and even Octavia had to admit, it did make sense. Though, she still didn't trust that Murphy wouldn't hurt Jasper anyway.

It was quiet for a moment before Bellamy spoke, replying to Octavia's earlier words to him.

"O, look around. No one's working. If the grounders attack us right now, we're all dead." Bellamy said, but Octavia ignored him, striding up to door to the drop ship.

"Murphy! Murphy, if you even touch Jasper, I swear to God, you're dead." Octavia shouted angrily through the door.

Bellamy touched her arm and she turned on him as he said, "Octavia, Julia and I have got this."

"Really? Because it doesn't look like you're doing anything about it." Octavia responded just as Raven walked up to them.

"Bellamy, you were right. There's a loose panel on the back. If I can pop it, we can get in through the floor." Raven told him and Bellamy nodded.

"Good. Do it." Bellamy told her and Raven walked away. Octavia waited an awkward second before apologizing to Bellamy.

Then she stepped back a few steps before Bellamy brought his walkie-talkie up, trying to communicate with Murphy.

"Murphy, I know you can hear me. All our ammo and food is in the middle level. You know that. You're leaving us vulnerable to an attack. You're leaving Julia vulnerable to an attack. I can't let that happen." Bellamy spoke, still hoping that he could get through to Murphy with the mention of Julia.

Murphy still cared about Julia as much as he always did, but he knew what type of person she was. She was a good person. In his mind, as soon as she had found out that he killed Myles, he had lost her. So, instead, he tried to block out any thoughts of her from his brain, thinking that if he couldn't have her, at least he could still have his revenge.

"Yeah, well, in case you haven't noticed, you're not exactly in control right now." Murphy's response came through the radio.

"Come on, Murphy. You don't want to hurt Jasper. You want to hurt me. So what do you say? How about you trade him for me?" Bellamy offered and his sisters were quick to walk up to him and oppose. "No." Both Octavia and Julia spoke.

"All you have to do is let him go, and I'll take his place." Bellamy told Murphy. "How?" Murphy asked him.

"Bellamy, if you do this, he'll kill you. Won't he, Julia?" Octavia said, turning to their little sister. Julia's eyes were wider than normal, scared at the thought of Bellamy putting himself in danger.

She hated the words that she was about to say. "A few hours ago, it would've been a hard 'no'. But if he was willing to kill Myles for his part in his hanging, of course he'd be willing to kill you. I mean, you kicked the crate out from under him. I don't know, maybe he won't because you're my brother, but I doubt that. The last few hours, he hasn't really shown any concern for my safety or feelings, so..."

Octavia and Bellamy looked at their sister in pity. They hated that she was getting hurt by Murphy's actions, but they were also very thankful she was seemingly finally coming to see him the way the rest of them did. As a murdering psychopath.

"If I don't do this, he'll kill Jasper." Bellamy said and Julia looked to the ground. Just a few minutes ago, she had stuck up for Murphy, saying that she didn't think he'd hurt Jasper.

But the way he didn't seem to care about Julia's safety or want her with him when he seemed to care so much about her before made her question and doubt things. And she hated the thoughts that entered her brain.

What if he had just used her so he would have someone close to Bellamy to stick up for him so he'd be allowed back in the camp? What if he had just used her to get a chance like this to 'right' the wrongs done to him? What if he never cared about her at all?

"Simple. You open the door, I walk in, he walks out." Bellamy told Murphy and there was a long few moments where nothing happened. Then the drop ship door lowered.

"Just you, Bellamy, unarmed!" Murphy ordered and Bellamy passed his gun to another member of the hundred.

"Ten seconds, or I'll put one in Jasper's leg." Murphy threatened as Bellamy got ready to go in. He looked back at his sisters and saw the helpless look on Julia's face as she stared at him, maybe for the last time ever.

As Murphy started counting, he walked back a couple steps and placed his hand on the back of Julia's head as he pressed a kiss to her forehead. He wanted to say something to comfort her, but couldn't find the right words, so he ended up saying nothing at all.

He pulled back and started walking towards the drop ship. "Raven will find a way to get you out." Octavia told him and he nodded.

"I can handle Murphy. Get everyone back to work. The grounders are still coming." Bellamy replied before walking up the ramp, into the drop ship.

Two seconds later, Jasper was shoved out and he fell onto the ground in front of the sisters, bound and gagged. Octavia and Julia both fell to their knees, untying the bounds and pulling the cloth out of his mouth.

"Jasper, are you okay?" Octavia asked him, but he didn't answer as they were all too busy staring as the ramp of the drop ship raised until it was locked shut again.

Octavia, Jasper, and Julia got to their feet. Octavia and Jasper shared a worried glance, but Julia didn't take her eyes off the drop ship.

She was terrified. She was terrified that Murphy would do something that she would never be able to forgive him for. And she was terrified that in that one action, she would lose two of the three guys she cared most about in the world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 318 11
❝𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞? 𝐎𝐡, 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧.❞ __________________ ׂׂૢ...
95.7K 1.6K 17
Aaliyah Stark. She was the youngest kid who got locked up on the ark at the age of 10. But she was innocent. All she did was wait for her death. Now...
2.1K 55 11
Apollo and Luna Kane grow up in solitary their entire life. They are twins but they don't have everything in common Apollo knows how to fight but...
26.7K 718 18
In which the twin sister of Wells Jaha finds herself on earth, with her best friends, falling in love with their leader. [the 100] [s1-s7] [Bellamy B...