Taking Another Chance(NedCer)...

By goarwago

It's A Zalim Istanbul fanfiction; it will be of four parts no more, it was inspired by my friend LadyLashana... More

Introduction
Taking Another Chance-Part1
Taking Another Chance-Part2
Taking Another Chance-Part3
Taken Another Chances-part 4-A
Announcement
Announcement

Taken Another Chances-part 4-B

306 16 243
By goarwago

Hello friends! So we come to the end of the story 🥳; I don't know how you are going to take it, but you can take it with a pinch of salt 😜, kidding, so my anther NedCer story is finished, hopping the other stories too.

Teri baahon mein jo sakoon tha mila ( The peace that I found in your arms)

 Maine dhoondha bahut that ( I had looked for (that peace) a lot.)

   Phir na milaa...  (But I couldn't find it again...)

Ceren had gone through the text for the sixth time; her nervous system was on a breakdown, it been an hour, this was the last time she heard from him, tingling her fingers on her hair, trying to calm herself, as she sat in the sitting room with Neval, who was sleeping peacefully in his bassinet, with Ace beside him, he was their big guard, Ceren can't think of leaving her son alone just for a second.

Hence, Ace was a perfect help; she wouldn't leave Neval without him, and whenever she remembered that dreadful night, her body shivered with terror.

How can someone steal someone else's child? Then sell them? Do they have no mercy? No compassion for their parents? Or the child who would grow up without his family? That what was human trafficking? Thanks to God, they caught her before she took off; Ceren feels sorry for the parents who lost their kids in this way.

But there was something weird about it, why did they choose them? Why choose their baby over all the other babies? And She didn't hear about what happened to the woman? It didn't even come in the newspaper!

She sighed, looking at her little boy's sweet face, not wanting to think about it anymore.

Her little angel was everything she wanted and hoped for; after her first baby died, she never thought she could be a mother again and honestly didn't want to. She didn't want to experience the same pain and loss again.

However, with Nedim, everything was different; she wanted it all, the family, the children, the house, the safety and security that lacked from her previous life; Nedim was her rock, her shield that protected her, understood her, accepted her the way she was with all of her falls and sharp edges, he stood behind her, giving her a chance when everyone gives up on her, Nedim didn't.

She was free with him, open wide; her true self was out, showing him her gratitude and trust. And doesn't regret it for a second. Ceren can't imagine life without him anymore; before him was nothing, and after him everything.

Ceren hugged her knee to herself and winced, glancing at her phone screen again, rocking herself for more comfort. Nedim had reached Istanbul and was on his way to meet Cenk.

She never trusted this man and never will; she warned Nedim to be careful; her guts told her something terrible would happen. She has been having bad dreams for a while, but two days ago, she had one about Nedim.

It was horrible and scary, she woke up in the middle of the night sweaty, looking right and left, he was sleeping beside her, and he didn't wake up when she moved in bed, the dream was so real, so bloody, Ceren put her hand on his cheek to make sure he was really there with her, she kissed his temple and whispered to him that she loved him, he didn't wake, she was relieved it was just a dream.

But now, thinking about it, she felt scared and conscious; Cenk wasn't to be trusted, he had threatened her the last time she saw him, and she wished she didn't.

When she was seven months pregnant, she had to travel to Istanbul without Nedim for her work, Nedim disagreed, but he had to agree with her pressing persistently in the end. Ceren told him it would take her two days to finish everything and would be back safe in his arms; she could take care of herself, and he doesn't need to worry about her; she was a big girl.

When she was there, Ceren met him outside a cafe near her Spa. It was inevitable to see him when they were in the same city; still, her guts told her it wasn't coincident.

"Well, well, see who we found!'' Cenk chuckled unkindly; he had a full beard that looked untrimmed, looking like a wild animal, his two-hand behind his back, his eyes shining with wickedness. "So they were telling the truth you are carrying his child, interesting!" he smirked, looking at her swollen belly. 

Ceren shuddered from the impact and covered her belly with her coat immediately, shielding her unborn baby from Cenk piercing eyes. She doesn't know if she imagined it but noticed fangs in that smile. Nedim was correct for not allowing her to go alone. Shivering from his words more than the cold weather of October. There was something off about him." What are you doing here? What do you want ?" she retorted.

He sighed dramatically, rolling his eyes. "Nothing, sweetheart, just wanted to say Hi!" he said with a sweet cheery voice, walking closer to her.

She got alarmed, didn't want him near, observing his movement like a prey watching her hunter. "You said it, then go!" she hissed back; the place was almost empty of people; there was no escape if she wanted. Still, she knows he wasn't that stupid to do anything in a public place.

He patted his lips and looked at her sadly. "That is not nice, sugar! You didn't miss me?" he walked further to her.

Ceren took a step back, clenching her hands to the strap of her handbag, tightened her fingers, her knuckles turned white, hiding her discomfort. Still, his analyzing eyes noticed that which made him grin devilishly.

"What do you want, Cenk?" she didn't like what she saw in his eyes; total darkness and his mocking tone nerved her.

" I want a favor from you," he said; when she didn't respond, he smiled more. "For old day's sake! Give a message from me to your dear husband, tell him to be very, very careful," he said, his eyes had that crazy glim in them that frightened her to the core.

"Is this a threat?" she exclaimed; she knew he was behind what was happening on Nedim's farm and business; she needed to tell Nedim.

"No, It is a warning," he was standing in front of her now, just inches between them. Ceren didn't move, didn't want to show that she was scared, didn't want to satisfy him.

"He is your brother," she whispered, even knowing it would mean nothing to him, still maybe it would affect him, but she was wrong; the coldness in his dead eyes assured her the opposite.

"He will never be my brother..Yeah, we share the same father and the same woman", he chuckled badly; his eye traveling on her made her more uncomfortable. She looked the other way avoiding his disgusting gaze.

"And two of us got her pregnant... yeah, I could relate to him in that," she snapped her head in his direction with lateness. Cenk looked directly into her eyes, reminding her how he thought about her.

"Basterd!" she yelled, her anger rising with every minute, he didn't say it, but he always thought of her low, like she was nothing.

"Yeah, and you are a slut," he licked his lower lip and continued,  " You know whatever you do; still you never be like her, like Cemre," he smirked, knowing he hit a nerve.

"I DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE HER!" Ceren yelled, holding her bally for a sport; she never wants to be, she doesn't want to be, but still, it hurt.

He knows her weak points, where he could reopen her wounds and rub salt in them. She wished Nedim was here.

Her yelling got people's attention around them; he looked around then smirked again.

"Sure, Darling," and raised his hand to pinch her cheek, but she backed; Cenk laughed, his laugh was loud and dry, no humor in it, then he walked away, leaving her watching his back, frightened by what he meant.

The look in his eyes was scary, unhuman; he was a different man like she never knew him before; the old Cenk died long ago and was replaced with this Monster.

Ceren was hesitant in the beginning to tell Nedim about it, but she had to, so he knew who was behind everything that was happening with his business. Nedim got angry, so angry, she had to make him swear to her, he would not go after Cenk because of their encounter; Nedim ordered her, she would never put a foot in Istanbul without him from now on.

A strange shiver ran through her; she didn't like to think of what could happen now; she just wanted Nedim back safe in her arms. Her eyes, welled with tears, overcame her and made her beside swell.

"Just come back, Nedim, just come back," she whispered, hugging her knee more to herself and looking at her baby boy. Hoping his father would be safe and back soon. Something didn't feel quite right without him; she felt strangely empty, as though she was missing a part of herself; he was a part of her.

This morning she hoped he would be with her in bed. She loved waking up with him in her arms, his head over her chest, his arms on her sides; the weight of him on her never bothered her; on the contrary, it delighted her. Last night had been a great night, every second of her memory tingling with electric life.

She wanted him back; she wanted the warmth of Nedim back; she ached for it, to curl against his body and feel his heartbeat against her palm and his lips on her temple whenever they snuggle on the sofa, like a lazy sea seal on the shore.

The safety, the Assuring feeling when he was at home, her heart will always be at ease when he was around; she felt cold without him, a shiver ran through her, she brushed her slim fingers along her sweater arms trying to warm herself, in this cold winter.

Maybe she needed another hot tea to warm her up; even with the fireplace lit up, just a few more days and spring on the doors, she missed the warm weather. When Nedim coming back, they would have plenty of lunch picnics with the baby. 

She missed them a lot; remembering those days with Nedim made her giggle. They were the best days of her life that helped them connect more and somehow become friends.

Nevertheless, what she used to do to him? Poor him, bless his heart Nedim had to go under so much torture because of her, she laughed as she put the water in the kettle, to heat it, his eyes would follow her everywhere, like a lost puppy, she would set on the high chair on the stool, looking at him innocently, and there was nothing innocent about her.

She could see his hungry eyes travel all over her, which excited her more, but he would restrict himself, being the gentleman he was. She drove him crazy, but honestly, she was dying for a response from him.

Then her jealousy strikes down. She was very possessive about him, till now she can't see any woman near her man.

She shook her head, giggling more and glancing back at the bassinet, there was no movement, and Ace was asleep, then her boy was sleeping too. She poured the hot water into the mug with rose hips tea. This is what she drinks now.

Looking at the coffee machine, Ceren sighed; she badly needs a cup now! However, there was no more coffee for her while breastfeeding, or Navel would be awake all night. Nevertheless, she missed the block liquid; she sighed again, walking back to the living room, waiting for Nedim to call...

Nedim drove his car to the location that Cenk had sent him, it was in an industrial area, he parked his car near an old factory, the place was abandoned, but he had no choice, he wanted to meet him and finish with it, he took the file and was out of the car.

His lawyer had contacted him two weeks ago, saying that Cenk wanted his rights on the wealth; he was the owner of the company and the one handling everything like his father built the company, he was doing the same Nedim was just a name, nothing more.

To be honest, Nedim didn't have a clue or a hand in the company's growth; it was his uncle and now Cenk.

The cold blast hit him, making his bones shudder. It was a deserted place; no life could be found; he strolled to the factory as Cenk instructed him, not knowing what could be waiting for him but still hoping for the best.

He found him sitting on a broken wall when Cenk saw him; he jumped and brushed his coat from the dirt; with a Cheshire Cat smile, he greeted him. Somehow, Cenk looked very different, he had a full beard and slim body, but his eyes were of a dead man, full of hatred and despised.

"Dear Nedim, long time, isn't it?" he announced happily. Nedim walked to him cautiously with every step he took; he couldn't trust them anymore. There were Ten feet between them.

"Yeah, why did you bring us to this deserted place? We could meet at the company," Nedim asked, looking around the place; it was dark, cold, and dirty.

"Where is the fun in that?" he smiled " And besides, if I wanted to kill you, I can't do it in front of everyone?" Cenk smirked; Nedim's face grew dark, his hand clenched the file tightly.

Cenk chuckled, noticing Nedim's hand. "Joking, Can't you take a joke?" he said, walking more to him with his hands in his coat pocket; Nedim observed him; he looked like a mad man.

"I am not here to Joke with you; I am here to end your craziness, this what you wanted, take," he said and gave him the file "All my properties, my shares, my responsibilities are now all in your name, I don't want anything, I have my business, that is enough for me" Cenk took the file looking through it making sure.

"Yes, of course, bartender," he raised his eyes, smirking. Nedim looked at him with anger. "Sorry, my bad, winemaker" he smiled unkindly.

Nedim shocks his head, wanting to leave; he had enough of this madness; he wanted to go back to his family; they got what they wanted, it was time to leave.

As he turned to go, Cenk spook, making him stop in his tracks. "Do you know you have a sister too?" Cenk said, putting the file inside his coat and looking at Nedim as innocent.

"What, sister?"Nedim glanced at him, confused; he never heard about any sister.

"The shrink that helped you, she is our Big sister; it looks like Father has many Bastards scattered around, like some A banded kittens," he said with no feelings at all; a shiver ran through Nedim.

He was shocked, he knew his father was a shitty man, but more children didn't hold his name? What kind of father was he? He would never want to be like him, never." Oya! Where is she now?" he asked, remembering his doctor who helped him to reveal the secret; he understood her urgency to help him now; she was his sister!

"Mmmm, mental hospital, me and Mom made sure of that, don't worry about her, she is a harmless kitten, with all the drugs pumping in her system," he said and winked at him.

Nedim was astonished, but he shouldn't; this was Seniz they were talking about; of course, she would remove any bump in her way. "You are crazy! You got what you wanted, I am out, keep away..," he really needed to be out. That was beyond his comprehension.

"It's not your money; it's not your right," Cenk spat with outrage. Nedim turned to him. He looked like a demon had possessed him. "All this is mine, my rightful.....," he raised his finger in Nedim face " You took everything from me, my two fathers, my name, my money, my wife..., all Mine, not yours'', he yelled "You should have been dead, I should have killed you" Cenk glowered, like a rabid dog.

"But you didn't!" Nedim yelled back, anger and frustration were getting out, what  Cenk was doing to him and to his income, wasn't fair, it wasn't his fault "And couldn't, it's not my fault if father didn't recognize you, it's wasn't my crime, If your mother was fucking him," Nedim bellowed, now they were getting even, Cenk needed to hear that.

"Shut up, don't talk about her, don't dare to say her name on your tongue," he shouted, craziness showing in his eyes; he lost it.

"You and your Mother keep away from my family!!" Nedim yelled; he didn't want anything else, let them all go to hell. He had no care anymore; nothing came from them, only troubles.

"As I care about your family! If I care about something, it's you", Cenk laughed, walking to where Nedim stood.

"Good, then next time you want to give me a message, deal with me, don't ever come near Ceren," Nedim snarls; he would kill him if he comes near her; last time, Ceren begged him not to go after him, or now he would have cut him half.

"This is what is bothering you? Your little WIFE, don't worry, I have no interest in her or your little boy. It's a boy, right?" Cenk snarled, Nedim growled. Cenk poked him in the chest. "YOU ARE IMPORTANT TO ME, LITTLE BROTHER," he said with no smile on his face, just a grudge.

Nedim pushed his hand from his chest. "GOOD" and walked, leaving him, but he stopped and turned to him, smirking, "And Yeah! Keep your wife away from me."

"What do you mean?" Cenk growled; he could see him turning to a beast just by mentioning Cemre, good let him have from the same medicine.

"Ask her!" he shouted, smirking and walking away; he left Cenk, smashing empty bottles behind him.

Nedim still didn't call, and Ceren's worries were escalating with every minute's passing; her mind was drifting to worst scenarios; she tried to busy herself with folding Navel's clothes or some house chores. Still, it didn't work.

Her baby's wailing cut any bad thought she had. Ceren held her Neval from his bassinet, inhaling the sweet scent of his soft hair; kissing his gummy cheeks, "Are you hungry, sweety?" putting her phalanges in his mouth checking if he was hungry, he immediate sucked it,

"My pappy is hungry '', she cooed at him, then adjusted him on the nursing pillow. She opened the first button of her off-white sweater dress, taking out her breast from her bra. She approached his tiny mouth, adjusted his head, and supported his tiny neck to a comfortable position.

Navel searched for his mom's nipple until he caught them and suckled; his weeping melted down; her baby was hungry, her cheeks were warming with anticipation and overwhelming love for the creature on her lap.

She made sure from the beginning to breastfeed him. She wanted everything natural and organic for him to improve his immunity. Her maternal instinct had kicked in stronger than she'd expected, as though her body had just been waiting to bear a child.

And also to lose her pregnancy weight fast. She already returned to her pre-pregnancy weight, thanks to breastfeeding.

She felt the tight grasp of his little hand as she put her index finger between it, glancing down into his green and brown eyes; her nugget was the most beautiful baby in the world, her bundle of joy. He was half of her and Nedim.

When she arrived at the hospital, she was already ten centimeters dilated; she had contractions from the afternoon. Still, she didn't say anything, didn't want to go to the hospital that soon, and when her water broke, it was the time.

Surprisingly she was very calm when Nedim was jumping nervously, everywhere like a kangaroo. The pain was unbearable; as soon as they put him on her chest, she forgot everything; the pain and tiredness were all gone. Ceren became a mother when her baby screamed his way into the world at 11:15 p.m.And motherhood was second nature to her.

She softly brushed his head as he was still suckling to her breast quietly. In the one and half months since his birth, he proved to be an incredibly easy baby who always just went with the flow, like his Dad.

'Where was his Dad?' Ceren thought edgy.

"Ouch, Baby!" she jumped as Navel bit on her nipple; with no existing teeth, breastfeeding wasn't that much fun. Her phone rang; it was on the coffee table; she had to stretch her body to get it and maintain her balance with her baby attached to her breast.

When she got the hold of her phone, she lifted it without seeing the ID Call, her heart pounding in her chest, hoping it would be him.

"Hello ?" she answered in a hurry.

"What are you doing, babe?" a warm sexy voice greeted her.

"Nedim?" she knows it was him; she was just making sure.

"Who else are you waiting for?" he asked with a laugh.

"You silly! Who else?" she exclaimed, happy to hear his voice again; he was ok, her Nedim was ok. His warm chuckle was music to her ears. "How did it go?" asked Ceren.

"Good" there was a silence for a while; she knew it wasn't that 'Good,' she didn't want to ask him, and he didn't seem to want to talk about it now, the most important nightmare was over, they could leave them alone.

"I am coming back tomorrow, in the early flight," he said happily; he wanted to be with them so badly. one day, and he felt different without them.

"Junior and I are coming to pick you, right sugar palm?" Glancing at her almost sleeping baby." We are going to pick daddy tomorrow," she said to Nedim more than to her son, so he couldn't prevent her from coming.

Nedim shook his head, knowing that whatever he said, she would never listen to him. "Come with Hassan, let him drive you," and deep down, he was happy she would come. "Send me a picture of both of you," he asked; he wanted to see them, to feel them with him.

"I am breastfeeding him now; I will send you a picture later," she said, brushing her son's head.

"I don't mind," he said smirking, he never minded; the picture already was framing in his head.

Ceren knows what was going in his mind; she blushed, he still managed to make her blush sometimes."You are an idiot, you know that?" she scolds playfully.

"You know, I like to see you feeding him" Yes, he loves seeing her feed him. He would sit with her in bed as she breastfeeds their boy, observing them. On his word, it amazes him what her body was able to do and how much strength she has, and seeing her take care of their son makes him love and respect her even more......and it turns him on too.

'Idiot,' she blushed again.

"Did you reach the hotel ?" said, changing the subject. She didn't want him to get distracted.

He sighed; he knew she would not send him any nude pictures. "No, on my way now." he shifted his phone to his other ear and held the steering wheel with another.

It was heavily raining. Ceren doesn't need to know about that. He was physically tired from traveling and mentally from the meeting with Cenk.

"So you are driving and talking to me?" she asked suspiciously.

"Mmmmm" '1,2,3 it's coming.'

"Nedim!" she yelled. Ceren never allowed him to talk while he was driving.

"OK, ok, call you when I reach, keep the phone with you, bye," he said in the end before she gave him a lecture about it; in 10 minutes, he would reach his hotel.

" love you," Ceren said to him sweetly; he wanted to kiss her so badly right now.

She could feel his smile through the phone." Love you more," and he closed the phone, not willingly.

Ceren smiled; she was relieved that the nightmare was over and he was coming back safe and sound to her; she glanced down at her Nugget; he was sleeping already; she took her breast from his mouth and adjusted her clothes.

She Lifted him, putting him on her shoulder, then patted his back to make him burp. "Your daddy is going to be at home tomorrow. Did you miss him, sweety? Yes, you do. Mommy misses him too; come on, let us change you, baby boy," she said and stood going to his nursery; the Dog barks.

"You too, Ace come with me," she called the dog and walked with the dog behind her. 

The flight landed 15 minutes early; he was glad, having no patience to meet his beautiful family. Ceren had kept him all night on the phone, talking like some teenager, flirting and joking, a little naughty on the phone when he asked her again for nude pics, being teaser as always, she said he needed to wait until tomorrow, she has a surprise for him, and this didn't help him at all.

She also asked for many things from Istanbul, for the baby and her, but mainly for Neval. He had to buy an extra bag for her stuff.

Ceren and Hassan would be on their way to pick him; he called them before he got on the plane, but the departure was earlier, so he arrived early.

Everything had ended with his past; it was A new start without them; he wanted them far away from his family. It didn't go smoothly, as he hoped, but it was finished, they wanted his Property and money, they got it, he got rid of them, all of them.

They were his past, but his present and future were waiting for him outside; he took his luggage from the baggage carousel and walked to the Arrival Gate.

"Hassan, how long would it take us to reach the airport ?" Ceren asked as she sat on the back seat of the Ford pickup truck with Neval tied to the car seat.

"10 minutes Ma'am, don't worry, we will be on time", he laughed; she laughed with him, her husband was coming like he was coming from the war, and he was. What Nedim had with Cenk and Seniz was a war.

"Cutie pie, we're going to meet daddy, now!" she said, tickling her son's tummy; he looked cute as a little Polar bear, with his white knit hat and grey hoodie pajama and baby blue coat.

He was cooing loudly, answering his Mommy, and smiling happily; Neval was fully awake and in a good mood.

"It looks like the little sir is happy to see his father's return," Hassan looked from the rearview mirror. Hassan was Nedim's right hand; he trusted him, and Ceren trusted him too. Hassan worked for years with Nedim. He loved and appreciated Nedim so much. Nedim was more of a brother to him.

"Yes, he is. Aren't you a puppet?" she cooed, and Neval gurgled; both of them laughed.

They pulled the truck into the parking lot; Ceren got down and took her son out from the seat. She didn't need it; it wouldn't take the time.

Ceren walked to the Arrival Gate. Hassan said he would close the car and would follow her. Before she reached the door, she saw him coming out with a big smile; he waved when he saw her. Her smile matched his, and she waved back, heart full of joy.

When Nedim was out of the Gate, he noticed the blonde in a yellow vibrating coat; she had a blue bundle in her arm; his little boy was wrapped in thick clothes, to keep him warm, he couldn't see his face clearly.

He was thrilled to see them, And Ceren's smile was the sunshine he needed right now; he walked fast in their direction, dragging his bags with him, his heart pounding, feet flying, and.......he heard a car wheel screech, and something solid hit him hard, made him really fly; he elevated in the air and felt enormous pain in every cell in his body.

He could hear her scream and see unshaped figures when he hit the ground with so much force; he felt every bone in him break; his right arm was beneath him he couldn't feel it; he only felt fire in his nerves and the burning sensation of his flesh.

His left leg was twisted, and the bone was sticking out of his flesh, making more blood ooze out; it burned him; he couldn't move it, and the left side of his head was open, and the blood was gushing down his face warm and generous; his mouth tasted the taste of sour metallic; it was full of blood. The left cheek that hit the ground was burning as it got peeled.

His eyes started to feel heavy and numb as the pain was unbearable, the last thing he saw was her beautiful face as she hovered above him, and the last voice was of her painful shrieks, and then everything went black.

As Nedim walked to her with a big smile on his face, she hugged her son closer to her, whispering to him, "Daddy, had arrived" she took one step, her eyes on him not leaving that beautiful face from her view,

Suddenly there was a loud shriek, and then he was in the Air; a speeding car hit him so hard and fast and threw his body like a rag doll to the other side of the road. She didn't know where this car came from; everything happened so fast, she couldn't take her breath.

Nedim hit the ground with a bang; she swore she could hear the breaking of his bones; Ceren stood there shocked, as a bad movie going in slow motion, she couldn't move, holding her screaming baby to her chest.

When Jeren heard the screams and shouting around her, Hassan's voice called from behind her as he ran toward Nedim. She came back to her senses, shrieking and crying, looking at the bloody broken body of her husband, she kneels down on the ground, one hand holding her crying baby, and the other held the face of her beloved, calling him,

"Nedim! Nedim, please Nedim, open your eyes, love, please" she could feel hands on her shoulder trying to drag her up, but she shoved them, "I need you, our son needs you, Nedimmmmmm" Her heart cried, her soul whipped, her eyes were not believing, 'It can't be, he can't die, he can't let them and go,' in one second everything ended, their happy family vanished.

Her breath stopped in her throat; her heart was out of her chest, there was no response, no movement, no breath, as he lay on the middle of the road with his blood.

Here Nedim was gone...

"Dear little man, I said to him,' You are afraid...' he was afraid, there was no doubt about that, but he laughed lightly. 'I shall be much more afraid this evening...

'Now go away...I want to get down from the wall'.once again, I felt myself frozen by the sense of something irreparable. and I knew that I could not bear the thought of never hearing that laughter anymore...."*

A lump rose in her throat, As she shed tears whenever she reached this part from the story; it was Nedim favorite book, The Little Prince BY Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. He used to read it to Neval when he was still in her belly; every night in bed, he would sit on his elbow, near her swollen belly, and would read it loudly with beautiful a character's voice So his son would love it as he did.

And she loved it too...

It was when the prince had gone or died, saying goodbye, returning to his planet, his friend the pilot cried for him, missing him, it always put her in tears, when he read this last part of the story, maybe it was her hormones, or the story itself, but she would never ask him to stop, and now he stopped.

She wiped her cheeks, looking at his sleeping form as she sat in a big armchair, hugging her knee to herself. He seemed so fragile, so small, with all these wires attached to him and the oxygen pipe.

A big, ugly scar on the left side of his head, his lovely thick long hair was gone, they had to shave it all for the surgery; he had so much pride in it.

That strong, healthy man had disappeared, and in his place was this almost corpse. He lost so much weight and shape. It had been four months, and he was still in a coma.

The doctors say because the head injury was massive, he has a skull fracture, and it may have caused brain damage. Intracranial hematoma (ICH) is A blood clot in the brain; the doctor got him under Surgery to reduce the pressure on the brain, sucking the blood clot hoping it could wake him up from his deep sleep. However, he was still sleeping, and every day there was only a little hope of him coming back.

The doctors say even if he comes back, there is a big chance he will never recover or have a normal life; he could have a problem in walking, moving, evening ability to communicate or understanding, he could be paralyzed or mentally disabled.

Her healthy, strong, loving husband has gone, No he was robbed from them, from his son, from her. For what?

Because they couldn't see them happy, they were so Jealous of them that they wanted him to die? Why? They gave them everything they wanted, and Nedim and her were far away from them, keeping to themselves, cutting them long ago. They were the aggressor who came after them to ruin their life.

Maybe it was her fault if she didn't come back to his life, he wouldn't...

She stopped herself; Nedim wouldn't like how her mind started to think; she stood from her place and walked to his bed; the piping sounds of supporting machines were the only sound in the room.

Ceren slid her hand into his squeezing his boney fingers, letting him know she was there; her other hand brushed his head, whispering,

"I miss you, Nedim, I miss you a lot; Neval misses his daddy too" her son was growing up, and Nedim was missing it all. Her heart squeezed with pain.

"Everyone is waiting for you, you know? Noor's son Yousuf and Navel are becoming friends, I know they will be good friends when they grow up,...from the day you went to sleep, Noor had come to live with us, to help me..." she gasped for air, as her teardrops, it was hard to stop her tears, whenever she looked at his pale face.

Without him, life was meaningless and tasteless; he was her world, past, present, and future.

"Love, please, I don't know how to do this without you? Come back" she kissed his temple with trembling lips, then his face, her tears wet his cheeks, she wiped them, cupping his face kissing his dry, chapped lips tenderly as though he was a delicate flower.

The ugly wounds already had faded up from his face. Nedim had many scars on the left side of his face that had scratched when he hit the asphalt; he had other injuries, his right arm was dislocated, his leg was broken in three places had to have multiple surgeries to fix the damage.

He has gone through so much, "I love you Nedim, at least move a finger for me, ....for Neval", she cried, holding his hand waiting for any responses, anything even a tiny movement, she hoped he could hear her, they say coma patients can listen to everything around them.

A day never goes without her trying to remind him of them, of their son; she would keep Neval in Nedim's bed and would read for both of them, hoping it could help him to come back to them.

The doctor had advised her to pull the plug, he was already in a vegetarian state, but she disagreed, she would never end his life, even if there was no hope, she had read that people came back from a coma, even after 20 years, and it had been four months only.

She had brought him back home to take care of him. After the accident, Nedim was in the hospital for two months; when his condition was stable, she requested to bring him back home and take care of him; it was easier with a newborn baby and Nedim's business to take care of it.

She had prepared everything he needed, all the medical equipment, and hired a nurse to help her (That cost a tremendous amount of money). Still, Ceren was the one who gave him his sponge bath and changed his clothes for him, and helped with his urine bottle change; she didn't allow anyone else; she knows how he would hate it and would have humiliated him once he was there in the past for 20 years, she didn't want him to have the same experiences again.

"Ceren hanim, Hassan is waiting for you outside; he said it is very urgent," Noor, their home caretaker, said to her as she stood in the doorway, looking at Ceren's back.

"Ok, tell him I am coming now " she wiped her tears; she didn't hear when Noor had entered because when she was with Nedim, her surroundings vanished. '' Where is Neval?" She asked, turning to Noor.

"He is sleeping, I gave him a bath, and he slept immediately; he is in the nursery with Ace" Ceren nodded and walked out of the room.

Hassane was waiting for her at the main door, "Hello Madam," he said, she had changed, his Madam had changed, the funny, energetic, full of life woman had become dull and dim, all the color drained from her, only black and grey defined her.

"Hello Hassane," she replied, even her voice and eyes were cloudy; she aged more than her years in these few months.

"Is there any improvement ?" he asked, hoping for the slightest improvement; Nedim was his friend, his brother; they had been in goodness and badness together.

"No, ...... you came for?" she answered with sadness, that she didn't want to show but couldn't hide.

"Sorry, you have a meeting tomorrow with the new client; he would like to meet you in the morning."It was a new Deal, a big and long-term Contract for supplying wines.

"It can't be the day after tomorrow?"She met him yesterday and wasn't willing to meet him again that soon; he was too forward and flirty. His words and eyes suggested many inappropriate meanings; still, she ignored him and acted civil just in sick of getting the deal.

From the day she handled Nedim's job, men tried to hit on her, assuming she was a wealthy widow, not keeping in mind she was not, or that her husband was still alive.

Some of them even have the audacity to ask if she was thinking of getting married again? How fucking lascivious they were, thinking she was easy meat, young, and have no experience that they can use this to their benefits, to get on her money -( Nadim had named her the owner, on all of his properties and bank accounts, if anything happened to him) -and has a young son that will not be a problem and pretty to the eyes, so a good package.

Fuck them and fuck anyone who thinks of her in this way; if Nedim were here, she wouldn't go through all this.

"No, he is leaving tomorrow; he needs to finalize the deal," he explained.

She sighed, "Ok," she didn't have any other choices.

"I would be with you, Mamm, don't worry" he knows she wasn't very comfortable with that guy, and he wasn't too.

"I am not, think you, Hassan" she smiled at him; now he was her right hand.

"You are welcome, Mamm; see you tomorrow," he said and walked out.

Ceren was handling everything with Nedim absence, the farm, the winery, she had to learn everything fast to keep food on their table; two months ago, everything was falling down, they were almost bankrupt (with Nedim giving up his Istanbul property to Cenk and his Mom)if she didn't sell her business to save the farm.

It was Nedim's dream. She couldn't give up on it, and besides, she wasn't in the city anymore and would never go back; she needed the money so badly, and it helped so much with the farm and Nedim's medical expenses.

 Ceren knows, Nedim wouldn't agree to sacrifice her business for him but aren't they are husband and wife? In goodness and badness, sickness and health, for richer or poor together, he can't say no to that, can he?

She sighed and walked into the house; she entered Neval room; he was sleeping peacefully, the boy grew up, was almost six months, and Nedim had missed all that, her poor boy was without a father all that because of that bastard Cenk.

When the accident happened, she accused them, but there was no proof of their involvement. He was a free man; they registered it as an accident when she knew it wasn't.

The car that hit Nedim was found abandoned and burned. There were no fingerprints or evidence of the driver; they couldn't find his identity or who was behind it. And they lost the case.

Until one-day Cemre called her, saying she wanted to meet her, she had proof of accusing her husband of involvement in Nedim's accident.

Ceren was bundled up in a Nedim jacket and his shirt under it, her nose Saturation in the scent of his aftershave when she went to meet her Big sister.

This is what she wears now, his clothes only, baggy and colorless clothes, so she can feel him with her, in every moment and second. She was losing her mind but kept strong and brave just for Neval as she promised him. For their son...

She stood there looking at her sister with both her hands in her jacket, with a stern face. Her sister looked like a lady in the way she dressed and looked like a refuge....she didn't care how she looked anymore.

"So why are you helping me?" She asked after she took the evidence from her.

"It's for Nedim, not for you, because I still love him....and Cenk deserves what happens to him," Cemre said, looking at Ceren's face, which showed emotion, but she kept them at bay.

"Thanks," Ceren said, she didn't mean it and didn't want to stand more with her because if she did, she would break her face, so she walked away.

She knew now about Cemre involvement in her son Kidnapping and how Nedim had kept it a secret and even covered up Cemre crime by giving Money to that woman, so she doesn't bring Cemre name to the police; maybe he did it for her son or returning the favor for old days.

She was angry, but it doesn't matter now; she was helping her with Cenk so let it be. 

"Both of us didn't get him in the end," Cemre said with a sigh and some happiness; in the end, Nedim didn't belong to any of them.

Ceren stopped and glanced back, "You are wrong on that sister, I had all of him, and he had all of me, and we still have each other, and there is no power that would make us apart," she said and walked, not even caring to look back at her sister.

After she gave the Evidence to the police, Cenk was arrested with Intentional homicide and was sent to jail. He deserved it, that bastard; they were waiting for his court day. She Wishes he rots in prison. However, Seniz didn't get caught; she didn't have any involvement with Nedim accident. It was all Cenk doing.

Anyway, she heard that she was thrown out of the house by Cemre; after Cenk put everything under her hand, let them kill each other now, they deserve it.

She kissed her son's soft cheeks; he was a good boy, still an easy toddler; he laughed a lot and played alone, didn't ask for her attention like he knew his mommy was busy. Neval was the only light in this darkness.

She feels sorry that she doesn't give him all her time. With everything around her, she has to take care of the vineyard, the winery, the workers, Nedim and Neval. It's overwhelming, and she would be tired at the end of the day, and his smile would forget her all her fatigue of the day.

Ceren was grateful for Nedim taking her with him to work and teaching her few things, or she wouldn't know what she was doing.

She picked him up from his cradle and hugged him to her chest, feeling his tiny body and inhaling the top of his head. She could wake him up, but she just wanted to feel stable for a moment, and he was the stability in her life right now.

He struggled in her arms, moving his tiny fists; Ceren pulled him a little looking at him; he opened his eyes, smiling shyly at his mom, then closed them again and surrendered to sleep.

Ceren giggled her son was a goofy boy, she kissed her cute baby, he reminded her a lot of Nedim, she could see his father in him, his cleft chin, the shape of his doe eyes, his small full lips, and was sure he would be caring and sweet as his father.

Ceren kept walking with him, holding him for a while, gathering her strength and sense from him, and hoping for a better tomorrow.

Ceren walked back to his room; it was almost midnight, there was no change; he was in the same state for four months. She approached his bed; his hair started to grow and beard too; still, she made sure to trim it. Her handsome man always should be presentable.

Looking at his pale face, her love never ended; it increased with time. Meeting him after a long time was fate; if they met before or stayed together, they wouldn't end together. They needed to heal first, and becoming his friend was her choice; they met for the wrong reasons but were perfect to finding each other, and falling in love with him was beyond her control.

She twined her finger with his.

Her days were boring without him; her life was empty beyond him; her eyes glanced at the engagement ring that Nedim gave her when she was six months pregnant.

Ceren came back home after her visit to Mrs. Altın, their neighbor, the old couple who loved and welcomed her from the first time they met her.

She entered the house, mumbling about the new gossip she heard from the women in town; she hung up her coat and called his name, "Nedim, did you hear what I said about Jamal having a fair with their housemaid? Where are you?" She was looking for him.

When she went out to the backyard garden, rose petals and candle lights guided her to the gazebo, decorated with balloons, more flowers and candles, and a (Marry me) sign.

Her heart pounded, and tears gathered; she felt him behind her, his fingers slowly surrounded her waist, resting on her visible belly, Nedim chin rested on her shoulder, his body shielded the cold wind from hitting her,

"So is it a yes?" he whispered to her ear; a sensational tremble went through her spine to her lower back; he always managed to trick her.

However, this time she wouldn't let him get away with it easily, "You should be on your knees if you want me to agree," he chuckled softly, Creating goosebumps along her cervix.

"As you wish," he whispered.

Ceren bit on her lower lip, holding her grin, as Nedim sat on one knee holding a velvet box with a most delicate ring, with one big stone, in the shape of a tear, surrounded with small diamonds with another slime ring.

It was beautiful.

"Would you give me the honor to hold your hand and be with you, to last days of our lives, to be your husband for eternity? In Sickness and health, goodness in bed, wealthiness and poor.."

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" she screamed before he continued, pulling him up and kissing him. He kissed her back with every beam in him. He put the ring on her delicate finger, taking her into his arms again and kissing her.

"How did you manage to do that? in such a short time, it wasn't there in the afternoon?"She asked, pulling back looking at him; his eyes twinkled with joy.

"I got little help," he said, smiling, his arms around her.

"I didn't know you could be that romantic?" She hit his chest playfully.

"Mmmmm, I could be many things; you just need to marry me again, "he smirked.

"Why do you want to marry me again?" she asked, playing with his shirt buttons, feeling shy with his eyes studying her.

"Why not? You deserve a big, beautiful wedding, like you" he rubbed his nose with her. A small connection was enough for them to spark a fire in them. 

She giggled, then she frowned. "When is the wedding going to be?"

"Tomorrow if you want?" he suggested, adjusting her hair behind her ear.

"No, I am not going to get married when I look like a Whale!" she mumbled angrily.

Nedim chuckled loudly. "Believe me. You look like a model with a cute bump" he kissed her cheek.

"Don't try to fool me; I want a proper wedding," she said with a grumpy face.

"Anything for you, pixie",.....

Her face lit up at the memory; Nedim had promised her a beautiful outdoor spring wedding in the vineyard with all of their loved ones and friends to celebrate their Reunion; he wanted them to have a new, memorable memory that they could celebrate with love. But the summer came, and he didn't keep his promise.

"I am still upset with you, " she looked at him, hoping he could hear her. "You promised me a spring wedding, but you didn't fulfill your promise...I even designed our wedding ring", she sniffed.

Those rings were a surprise for him that was now hidden in her underwear drawer. Ceren curved their initial and the date of the first time they met after four years; it held significance to her; that night, he grabbed her to his chest and gave her the hope of Taken Another Chance.

"Because I'm kind-hearted, I forgive you,....... but that doesn't mean we will not have a.....wedding when you get up.....so you better get up, Nedim I swear....." her weeping escaped her quivering lips, her cries turned to wail, how much was she going to hold herself? How much would she pretend to be strong? When will this suffering end? Her heart was burning; her soul was dying little by little each day.

She was losing prosperity, Possibility, the potential of him coming back. She can't handle any more heartbreaks, false hopes, no more.

Her fingers were still in his when she decided she couldn't stay in this room anymore. She turned to leave with tears streaming down her face...

Whereas...

A soft squeeze pressured her fingers repeatedly...

                                                             The End

Thank you to all the followers and the readers for staying with me to the end of the story. It was really a pleasure s to write about NedCer again, As they are my favorite couple, so please give me your feedback and comments about the ending and what do you think could happen to them. I really liked it as open ending as the movies, when the story was 100% Tv drama.

please feedbacks and comments and See in another BerBah story 

The living room 

Ceren cloths and Neval

The garden, The Engagement ring, and the wedding rings.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 2.3K 55
On the one side of instanbul in the mahalle , Sanem dreams of the day that she can get away from her abusive step father. But her father has differen...
2.4K 175 18
first of all thankyou all of you for giving me a chance to write this wonderful story so lets begain Akshat agnihotri A cold,arrogant.ruthless ceo of...
7.8K 369 26
IT is a one-sided love story, two people are caged in an unwanted marriage, for 3 years, good things change and their feelings, after they come to th...