๐”๐ง๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐‹๐จ...

By namjoons_miss_right

Kim Namjoon, a 27-year old multi-billionaire CEO and owner of one of the most prominent fashion companies in... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Author's Note (Updated)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Author's Note
Teaser: Fighting For Love
Questions, Opinions, and Suggestions for Zuki
Announcement

Chapter 20

1.5K 79 21
By namjoons_miss_right

Author's POV

"Hello, eomma?" He called and the melodious laughter of the woman said on the phone was loud enough for Taehyung to feel the shivers.

(It's been a while, my dear.)

It's true, it has been a while since they've talked to their parents, especially Taehyung. Between them, only Namjoon was the one who talks to their parents and mostly, it's just about the business matters. Taehyung is actually distant to his parents, for he grew up getting hate from them. He never felt the love of their parents, that's why Namjoon became his father figure as they grew up and until now.

- FLASHBACK -

20 Years Ago

As a five a year old, Taehyung loves to play and run around the house. His nanny would need to take tons of energy drink to cope with his energetic behavior. He is homeschooled, but studying is his least favorite thing in the world unlike his older brother, who is academically perfect at every subject he has. For his parents, he is the blacksheep of the family. He has a face that is perfectly carved, but a weakling and dull-witted.

"Kim Taehyung, come here right now!" Their mother called out loud as she stood by the door of the children's play room, intensely glaring at the young boy who was playing with his toy train.

On the other hand, after hearing his mother's yell, Taehyung started to tremble in fear as he faced her. Seeing the paper she is holding, he had concluded that it's his report card.

"I said, come here." She sternly commanded, pointing at the spot in front of her.

"E-Eomma?" He stuttered as he timidly walk over, afraid of what their mother would do.

And when he was near, their mother held his arm and harshly pulled him closer, making him whimper from the tight grip. As his tears began to fall, the fuming eyes of his mother welcomed him.

"E-Eomma, it h-hurts..." He cried, but she ignored him and shoved the paper to his face.

"I don't care! See this, huh? Your grades are not even close to the passing rate! Why can't you be like your brother?!" She scolded, pushing him forcefully that made him stumble and fall on the floor. "You're such a disgrace to our family. Stupid boy." She spat out as she crumples the paper and throw it at Taehyung before leaving the poor boy.

Taehyung then sobbed as he hugs himself, not caring if he is getting attention from the maids. But in the middle of his cries, an embrace suddenly startled him. When he raised his head, he saw his brother with a sympathetic smile on his face.

"Hey, I've been looking for you." The seven-year old boy uttered as he get his handkerchief to wipe Taehyung's tears.

"H-Hyung...." Taehyung sniffled as he pulls Namjoon to a hug, crying on his shoulder.

"Shh.... Just don't mind them, okay?" Namjoon said as he rubs Taehyung's back. "I checked your report card and they're not really that bad, you know? You even have a B! That's good, Taehyung." He cheered, which somehow made Taehyung slightly calm.

"B-But eomma is a-angry, hyung." He retorted, but Namjoon hushed him as he pull away.

"She's just in a bad mood, that's why. But you know what?"

"W-What, hyung?" Taehyung asked as he wipes his tears.

"I won the Math competition today! So, I have something for you." Namjoon then reached something from his pocket, then a golden medal was revealed in his hand.

He wore it on Taehyung and smiled proudly. Taehyung, on the other hand, admired the medal on his neck. Finally a smile formed on his lips as he flaunt the medal to Namjoon, who chuckled and ruffled Taehyung's hair.

"Don't worry, hyung will help you with your studies." Namjoon stated, which made Taehyung's smile to widen.

"Really, hyung?" He asked for assurance, and received a nod from Namjoon.

*****

10 Years Ago

Now that Taehyung is fifteen years old, studies became a little easier for him because of Namjoon's help. He started to excel, from getting lots of C's to finally getting B's and some A's. He also found his skills in painting during the process. His art teacher praises him for excelling in his subject. Taehyung was even invited to compete, which is happening right now.

Taehyung is currently at the back stage with his art teacher, to prepare for the competition that is about to happen in five minutes. He is very nervous, but he is also excited, especially that their parents promised that they will watch him compete.

"Are you ready, Taehyung?" His art teacher asked and Taehyung nodded enthusiastically with determination.

"Calling all the participants in two minutes! Be ready!" The staff informed, so Taehyung prepared himself and waited for the call.

He is the last participant to call, so while he was in line, he checked the audience to find his family. It took him a minute before he found a banner with 'Go VanTae!' written on it, that was being held by Namjoon and Jungkook. It made him smile so wide to see his brother and his bestfriend. Another banner caught his eye, 'TaeTae for the Win!' was written and it was held by his Seyoung-noona, Namjoon's girlfriend, with her brother, Yoongi. It boosted his confidence so much and his excitement grew as he went on the stage when his name was called. And the competition began.

They are given an hour to paint an abstract painting, that shows their passion for art. And while Taehyung was so immense to painting, Namjoon excused himself from their friends to call his parents. It only took him two rings for them to answer it.

(Yes, my dear son?)

"Eomma, the art contest has already begun. Where are you?" He asked in anticipation.

(Oh, that is today?)

"What? Don't tell me you forgot, eomma, because Taehyung has been preparing for this competition for a month." He said, anger starts to boil. "Where are you?" He asked again.

(I'm with my friends. It’s our spa day, remember? Besides, I don't want to disappoint myself and witness your brother lose. You appa is busy with the investment meetings, so don't bother to call him.)

"Eomma, can't you atleast skip that freaking spa day of yours and be here for your son?" He finally spat out, earning a scoff from his mother.

(Watch your words, my dear—)

"I don't care, eomma. How do you expect me to show respect if you can't even respect your own son?" He blurted and ended the call without letting his mother to speak.

Namjoon can't help but to feel upset for Taehyung as he glance at the stage. He is so focused on painting, and Namjoon can see how happy Taehyung is with what he is doing. It boils his anger whenever they disregard Taehyung, as if he was never their son. And while Namjoon was trying to calm himself, a call made him turn around.

"Baby, is everything okay?" Seyoung asked, her voice soft and gentle, as she ascend to rub Namjoon's back. "I noticed that you were getting upset a while ago while talking to someone, I got worried."

"It's eomma, she can't come today. Same with appa." Namjoon answered, Seyoung can see fumes in his eyes.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure Taehyung would be upset to know that news." She said sadly, before continuing. "But at least, you are here for him. We are here for Taehyung, Namjoon. Maybe we can still make this day better for him, don't you think?" She suggested, so Namjoon nodded as a small smile formed on his lips.

"How can you always make me feel better?" He asked and placed his arm around her waist as he kisses her forehead.

"It's my talent, you can't deny that." She joked, both then chuckled. "Let's go back? I'm sure you wouldn't want to miss watching Taehyung paint and win." She beamed, so the two went back to their seats, hand in hand.

The competition went well and it was already time for the announcement of winner. Namjoon and his friends held hands as they silently hope for Taehyung's victory.

"And the winner of this years art contest under the category of High School Students, with a total score of 98.3 points, is....." The speaker stated as the drum roll came after, giving anxiety to all of the audience and contestants. "Kim Taehyung of Seoul International High School! Let's give him a round of applause!" She finally announced, receiving a loud cheer from the crowd, but of course, Namjoon and his friends were the loudest.

Taehyung was surprised but he was delighted to receive the trophy and certificate for the winner. The administrators took a picture with him and his painting, before giving the stage to him. Taehyung then looked at his brother and happily showed him the trophy, while Namjoon gave him two thumbs-up and a proud smile on his face. When the even was finally done, Taehyung immediately ran to Namjoon to give him a hug. A bear hug.

"Hyung! I won, look!" He happily said and flaunted his trophy and certificate, with a copy of a picture of him and his painting.

"Congratulations, Taehyung-ah! Hyung is so proud of you." Namjoon replied and ruffled Taehyung's hair.

"That was awesome, hyung! You rock!" Jungkook smiled as he expresses his amazement with his body.

"Congratulations, Tae! I knew you would win." Seyoung cheered as she clapped happily.

"You did great, boy." Yoongi smiled, slightly yawning after, which made the rest to laugh.

"Thank you, Kook! Also, Seyoung-noona, thank you for the banners! And of course, thank you for not sleeping during the whole contest, Yoongi-hyung." He chuckled, joy is heard from his voice.

"Let's go? I reserved a restaurant for us to celebrate your achievement." Namjoon insisted, so they started to walk out of the venue.

"By the way, where are eomma and appa? Are they at the restaurant already?" Taehyung asked, hoping, but then frowned when he heard Namjoon's answer.

"They're, uh.... They'll celebrate with us at home, Taehyung. I'm sure they will be happy to hear your good news." He smiled, to cheer him up, and Taehyung just nodded as he tried to shrug the negative feelings away.

- END OF FLASHBACK -

Now that Taehyung is 25 years old, his parents were still the same, yet they became a little kind to him since he is doing something good for the company. They made him take Business Management back in college even though he wanted to go to Art School. Taehyung had no choice when they said that it will make them proud if he will take Business Management, so he took that course and it did made his parents happy. Now that he is the President of the company, it even made them prouder.

"Yeah, it's been a while...." He whispered.

(How are you? I've heard from Namjoon that you are doing great with handling your position. You made us proud, my dear.)

Those words somehow made him smile bitterly. They're proud of him, but he is not happy with it.

"Thank you, eomma." He uttered.

(Are you busy? You must be stacked with paperworks.)

"No, not really. I'm having lunch right now."

(Oh, is that so.... Then I'll make this call shorter. I actually called to inform you that you will be the one to manage our company in Japan. We've been noticing that you are excelling under your brother's guidance, so we've decided to give you a higher authority. We chose the company we have in Japan, since our company here is already your brother's.)

That news took a while to sink into his mind. Did he heard her right? He will manage their business in Japan? But what will happen to his life here in Korea? He will leave his friends, family, and Seoyeon. He can't do that.

(And your flight will be this Thursday afternoon. We already prepared everything for you—)

"Did you even consider if I would like to go there and manage our business? Eomma, I have a life here. I can't just leave." He reasoned out.

(Taehyung, you won't have that life if it weren't for our business. You should be grateful for that. And whether you like it or not, you will go to Japan and manage our business.)

And the call ended, making him groan in frustration. He can't believe that they're doing this to him. He thought that they will let him be after giving what they want, but he was wrong. On the other hand, Seoyeon noticed that there's something wrong when Taehyung went back to his seat in front of her. He looks frustrated and angry, but he is trying to suppress it.

"Taehyung," She called, "Is there something wrong?" She asked, genuinely concerned.

"Well, my parents want me to go to Japan." He sighed, "And I'm already scheduled to leave this Thursday! I can't leave, Seoyeon." He groaned.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Taehyung...." She replied sympathetically.

"What will happen to hyung and to my niece?" He worriedly asked. "I can't just leave them. Hwayoung's family day is on Friday, she'll be sad if I leave this Thursday."

Seoyeon can't do anything but to sigh in dismay, because she can't think of anything to make him feel better. Taehyung, on the other hand, is in deep thoughts on how to fix his problem. He can't go, or else Hwayoung will be sad. His niece won't have a playmate when Namjoon is not home. Also, what about Namjoon? He can't leave his brother just like that.

"Seoyeon, I'm worried. I don't know what to do...." He opened up as he gaze on her, who is looking sadly at him.

"I'm sorry. If only I could do anything to help you, I would." She uttered faintly, until an idea came to Taehyung's mind.

"You actually can help, Seoyeon...." He said, getting her attention. But what could that be?

[A/N: OMG! Hey, there! I'm so, so, so sorry for not updating for a week or more. I got torn between studies and other priorities. But here is my update for today! I hope you liked it. Also, thank you for waiting patiently.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

583K 22.2K 47
Y/N hasn't talked to her parents since they shipped her off to America at the age of 6 to be raised by a nanny. All grown up with a business of her o...
1.1K 23 10
Hello Army, Hope you all like my story
8.7K 316 20
" I can help you but there is one thing you need to do for me in return, you and I will get married " - Jungkook A girl that was born with a bone ca...
29.3K 1K 21
Kim Namjoon, a 25 year old successful businessman finds himself being helpless when his daughter Kim Jiihye goes missing. But soon enough he is reuni...