𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 ||𝙲𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚢 𝚁...

By Robyn_666

Roxanne Carter is a girl of many talents. A multitasker since diapers who had many hobbies. From playing guit... More

☼︎𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍☼︎
━☆゚.*・。゚𝑭𝑨𝑵𝑨𝑹𝑻𝑺☆゚.*・。゚━
ø. 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
o. 𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐓
i. 𝐂𝐇-𝐂𝐇-𝐂𝐇-𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐁𝐎𝐌𝐁!
ii. 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐉𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐏𝐒𝐄
iii. 𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃
iv. 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐉𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐃'𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓!
v. 𝐆𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐀 𝐆𝐎 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓
vii. 𝐎𝐑𝐁 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒!
viii. 𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐉𝐔𝐆 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒~
ix. '𝐅𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐄𝐒', 𝐇𝐔𝐇?
x. 𝐒𝐎, 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐎𝐓𝐔𝐍𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋...𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖
xi. 𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐘𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐄, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐏𝐆-13
xii. 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐒

vi. 𝐑𝐎𝐗𝐘 𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐒

347 11 1
By Robyn_666

━ ☆゚ . * ・ 。゚ : ☾︎ ☆゚ .* ・ 。゚ ━
𝗿𝗼𝘅𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗵𝘀
𝙤𝙧
𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝗼𝗳 𝗸𝗼𝗻
━ ☆゚ . * ・ 。゚ : ☾︎ ☆゚ .* ・ 。゚ ━

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐗𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐉𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐃'𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐑, 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐄'𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀 𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐍.

One where they wouldn't book any gigs without first consulting the other about it.

But apparently, she was wrong.

"Today, math takes the stage at the Semi-biannual Peaceville Trimathalon!" The man in the ad Corey was showing them announced. "Live right here on the Summation Station, the home of televised math! Solve for x-citement!"

Corey reached over and turned off the computer, before turning to look at his friends with excitement. (Oblivious to the unpleased look Roxanne was giving him).

"Guess who just booked us a gig rocking the Trimathalon?" The bluenette rhetorically asked his band, but Kon didn't get the memo.

"Just tell us! This game always takes forever!" The younger Kujira twin exclaimed, leaning forward on his drums as Roxanne sent a small smile his way.

"We're playing a math competition? Awesome!" Kin exclaimed, obviously being the most excited by the news.

"I was gonna say nerdsville." Laney added in, glancing at her stepsister as she has been unusually quiet.

"It's live TV, Lanes! We'll reach every nerd in town: a totally untapped fanbase!" Corey explained his e̶v̶i̶l̶ genius plan, walking towards the stage where his band was waiting. "Grojband equals math rock. And when smart people like us, everyone will like us so that they look smart too."

"Hmm, manipulation. I like it." Kin hummed, rubbing his chin as he thought about, before turning to the older girl that sat in the blue couch. "What do you think, Roxy?"

Now, Roxanne wasn't that mad about the gig, (any publicity is good publicity), it's just the fact that he had gone behind her back about it. She knew that Corey Riffin was an act-in-the-heat-of-the-moment guy, and that he could get too carried away by his own excitement, but he never made a decision regarding the band without her input. Until now.

With that in thought, she raised her gaze from the ground until her dark brown (almost black) eyes clashed with sky-blue. "I am not happy with you." She announced loud and clear, her chin held up high and her accent came out as thick as her displeasure at the boy.

"Wh-what?" Corey staggered back, whatever he was expecting to her response to be wasn't this. And he wasn't the only one, the other three teens in the room also stared in disbelief. When Corey had booked this gig, the fist thing he thought was how proud Roxanne would be of him when she found out. At least, that's what he hoped.

"Don't get me wrong." Roxanne continued, still maintaining eye contact with the Riffin boy. "It's an amazing plan. However, that's not what I'm unhappy about."

"The-then what about?" Corey asked her, his eyebrows drawn together in confusion. He didn't understand why she was so upset at him.

"Well, if you don't know then I'm not telling." The older girl said, crossing her arms tightly against her chest, getting even more annoyed at the boy.

"Then how am I supposed to know?!" The bluenette exclaimed, raising his voice at his manager.

"You should know." Roxanne repeated firmly, squaring her shoulders up as she sensed the frustration building up inside him.

"Are you guys fighting?" Kin suddenly interrupted, feeling uncomfortable with all the tense passive-agresive energy between the guitarist and the manager.

"No, we're not." The two teens replied in unison, narrowing their eyes at each other before breaking eye contact.

"Okay..." Laney trailed of, eyes going back and forth between the two.

"I don't know about this gig, Corey." Kon suddenly spoke up, wanting to get out of the uncomfortable subject. "I'm not so good at math, I've been failing it for, like...how many hands is six fingers?"

Roxanne couldn't help but smile fondly at the younger boy. It wasn't a secret he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but he made up for it by being the absolute sweetheart he was.

"Ahh, you know all the math you need to buddy!" Corey reassured him, as he threw his red guitar's strap over his shoulder. Doing his best to forget his annoyance. "You can count us is, right?"

Kon smiled at his friend's reassurance, and raised the drumsticks over his head. "One, two, three, four!" The Kujira boy counted, hitting his drumsticks together, signalling the band to start playing.

Normally, Roxanne loves watching Grojband just jam out to their hearts content, but today she was feeling petty. So she simply leaned back into the couch, and scrolled through her social media, pretending to not pay attention to the band playing on stage. (Which annoyed Corey even more, as he not only loved attention on him, he specially loved Roxanne's).

(But as always, the five middle schoolers were unaware of the fact that Trina was once again plotting against them).

As practice went on, Roxanne didn't direct a word nor a single glance at the blue-haired Riffin boy. As time dragged on, the dark skinned girl got bored. It was weird not talking during band practice, and she was so close to giving in and talk to Corey. Until the bluenette suddenly announced that it was almost time for their gig, and that they should rush over if they wanted to make it on time. And Roxanne felt a brand new wave of pettiness coursing through her veins.

She still helped, of course, just not Corey. She talked and helped the others to pack their instruments, while deliberately ignoring the beanie wearing guitarist. (Which frustrated him even more).

They arrived to Elementary High with little no problem, and were left in awe of the maths-themed decorations set up in the auditorium. However the problems started from there on.

"What do you mean we can't play?" Corey asked Mayor Mellow (who was hosting the whole thing), shocked and confused by the news.

"Word has it your drummer's a math failer." The mayor informed them, pointing directly at Kon. "Can't have him on stage if we're giving it up for numbers."

Roxanne glared at the poor excuse for a mayor as he jumped off stage, and ran off, high-fiving Trina on his way. And suddenly all the pieces got together inside Roxanne's mind, making her sneer in distaste at the older Riffin.

"Guess whose sister totally snitched you out? Hashtag..." Trina bragged, making a hashtag sign in the air. "Sabotage!"

"You told Mayor Mellow about Kon?" Corey asked her, his expression showing distress towards their lost gig. (And feeling a bit hurt that his sister would go to such extends to make him unhappy).

"There isn't room in this thing for you plus me, so I minus-ed you." The pink-ette said nonchalantly, which caught Roxanne's attention

"Wait. Why are you going to the Trimathalon?" The Carter girl asked her, raising an eyebrow at the older girl.

"I have my super secret reasons..." Trina trailed off, walking away and into the lady's bathroom.

"'Super secret reasons'" Roxanne mimicked her, making her voice more high-pitched and snobbish, before scoffing. "Bollocks."

"Guys, we have to do something about this? We can't lose the gig!" Laney stressed out, looking over her stepsister and the blue-haired boy for an answer.

"We'll have to talk to Mayor Mellow if we want this sorted out." Roxanne pointed out, a crease in her eyebrows forming as she thought about it.

"Great idea! I'll go right over there!" Corey exclaimed, determinated to get their gig back and ran off.

"Don't worry, we'll be right behind you..." Roxanne murmured, taking out her phone and dialing a number.

"We're not going with him, right?" Kin asked, looking over to the double door to see if their guitarist came back.

"Yeah, no. I'm calling Mayor Mellow's office, I'm just letting him run over there as a little punishment for not informing me of this gig beforehand." Roxanne explained, waiting for someone to pick the phone on the other line.

"Ohhhh. So that's why you're so mad at Corey!" Laney said in realization, receiving a single nod from the older girl.

"Ohhhhh." The twins chorused, before being silenced by the manager as someone picked up on the other line.

"Mayor's office, here's Mellow."

"Hi, yes, my name is Roxanne Carter. I'm Grojband's manager. I was hoping we could discuss today's cancelled performance..."

━ ☆゚ . * ・ 。゚ : ☾︎ ☆゚ .* ・ 。゚ ━
ʀᴏxʏ ʟɪᴋᴇs ʀᴇᴠᴇɴɢᴇ
━ ☆゚ . * ・ 。゚ : ☾︎ ☆゚ .* ・ 。゚ ━

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐎𝐑 𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖'𝐒 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐄, 𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐑𝐎𝐗𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄.

If Kon could win the Trimathalon, if would count as his six years of failed math and therefore, they could play. Which is why they had dragged an old blackboard from Corey's attic all the way down to the garage, as they tried to teach the younger Kujira twin some maths.

"I have to learn six years of math! That could take like...three hands!" Kon complained, lifting up his bare foot and wiggling his toes.

"Don't worry, Kon. I'm sure you can do this." Roxanne encouraged him with, looking up from the magazine she was gazing at.

"No sweat, bro. I'll just drop some number knowledge on you with our twin-tuition." Kin reassured him, before getting a hold of Kon's face and intently staring into his eyes. "Give me your mind!"

Roxanne looked confused as the twins just stared at each other eyes without saying anything. "What do you suppose is going on...over there?" She asked no on in particular, but received no answer whatsoever as Kin snapped out of whatever trance he was on.

"The math centre of Kon's brain is a complete warzone!" The bespectacled boy informed them, looking shocked at what he has seen.

"This is all I am good for..." Kon growled softly in frustration, taking out his drumsticks from his pocket and drumming a random beat into the wooden desk he was sitting on.

Unexpectedly, the equations on his sheet of paper began glowing a light blue color, and flew straight onto the blackboard. Roxanne blinked hard, and pinched herself, wondering if she was dreaming or not.

"Of course! Drumming is a mathematical expression!" Kin exclaimed in amazement as he watched the glowing equations float by, before turning back to his brother. "Let's hear some Iron Pixies!"

Grinning at the mention of his and his brother's favorite band, Kon jumped onto his desk and started drumming a more fast-paced and energetic beat, and more equations came out of his drumsticks.

"And don't forget Johnny Bongo! He played without drumsticks!" Kin pointed out, encouraging his brother to go on.

It was like Kon was in a hypotonic state, as he jumped on his drum kit and started playing it like bongos. And even more glowing equations flew around the room.

"Whoa!" The other four teens exclaimed in awe, as the equations flew into the blackboard and implanted themselves onto it.

"So, when Kon drums he enters some kind of blissful genius trance?" Laney asked with uncertainty, as they all gazed at the solved equations on the board.

"Blimey! Had I known this, I would be a grade ahead." Roxanne joked, looking at the drummer in amazement.

"And blah, blah, blah he can nail the Trimathalon." Corey said carelessly, moving his hand in a mocking way. "Alright, Grojband, let's rock these nerds like a geologist nerd's rocks!"

"That doesn't even make sense." Roxanne pointed out, rolling her eyes at the bluenette as she rolled the blackboard where it wouldn't bother anyone.

Corey frowned at her, annoyed by the way she has been acting towards him all day. "Okay, that's it! What's your problem? Why are you so mad at me?" He asked her, wanting to go back to normal with her. He couldn't stand with her giving him the cold shoulder.

"I'm not mad. Did you do something to make me mad?" Roxanne asked with a shrug, acting nonchalant as she stood right in front of him.

"Yes, you are! And I probably did, but I don't know what!" Corey exclaimed, his voice cracking up a little. Feeling exasperated as he couldn't come up with an answer himself.

"Just tell him, Rox." Laney sighed heavily, from where she was packing her bass.

Exhaling through her nose, Roxanne met Corey's sky-blue gaze and she suddenly felt a dejá vu from this morning.

"You didn't tell me about this gig beforehand." She said, causing Corey's eyebrows to meet his hairline, and she continued before he could speak. "Whenever we book a gig, I tell you about it. And we discuss it before accepting. And I was hoping you would do the same. But, you didn't and that hurt my feelings."

Corey was taken back by the bluntness of her statement, he was honestly expecting another 'you should know'. And when he was able to digest her words was when the guilt settled in. She was right, she always made sure she had his consent and approval when it came to booking gigs or any decision regarding the band whatsoever.

"Gee, Rox...I'm sorry." He apologized to her, regret and understanding flashing on his sky-blue orbs.

"It's fine, really, CoCo." The Carter girl dismissed, giving him a single shoulder shrug. "I was mainly being petty. I've already forgiven you."

"Good. Wouldn't know what I'd do if you were mad at me for real, Ro-Ro." The bluenette sighed in relief, but his expression turned to flustered on as he noticed the nickname that slipped through his lips.

"Ro-Ro, huh?" Roxanne hummed, giving him a teasing grin that flustered him even more.

"Y-yeah, I..." Corey stuttered slightly, but his throat dried up as she chuckled and punched his shoulder playfully.

"I like it." She smiled at him. (And while the light pink colour his cheeks changed to a deeper red one, Roxanne was glad her dark complexion hid hers).

━ ☆゚ . * ・ 。゚ : ☾︎ ☆゚ .* ・ 。゚ ━
ᴛᴡᴏ ɪs ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ᴄᴏᴏʟ
━ ☆゚ . * ・ 。゚ : ☾︎ ☆゚ .* ・ 。゚ ━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐗𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐄.

The benches in front of the stage being full of, for the lack of a better word, nerds. Roxanne didn't expect to enjoy this event much, but she had to go to; a) show her support for Kon and b) record Grojband's oncoming performance. The Carter girl shifted the straps of her small red backpack, that contained some stuff that the band could use for their performance or other stuff they might need.

"Welcome nerds and nerding enthusiasts to the x plus y Semi-biannual Trimathalon!" Mayor Mellow announced, standing behind a silver podium that look like a pi symbol. As the crowd of nerds clapped and cheered, the band was preparing Kon.

"Even if Kon can win this, what are we gonna do about lyrics?" Laney wondered out loud, anxiously looking over the crowd and the camera's crew that were recording the whole event.

"Trina said she'd be here..." Corey muttered to himself, as he scanned the crowd for the familiar head of pink hair that belonged to his sister, but couldn't seem to find her

"Maybe we could get some nerd to snog her and freak her out." Roxanne suggested, smiling at how that scenario would go down, but their was diverted towards the town's mayor.

"Alright, our first brain-to-brain competitors are Cameron Buttons..." Mayor Mellow announced, gesturing to a short chubby boy on his left, and then to the girl on his right. "And Trigonome-Trina Addley."

Roxanne's eyes almost popped right out of their sockets at the sight of the girl the crowd clapped for. Her bubblegum pink hair was up in a tight bun, held together by a pencil, oversized thick rimmed glasses, a green checkered blazer, khaki pants, ugly orange socks and brown loafers. It didn't take a genius to figured out who she really was, after all, there wasn't a single person in Peaceville that had hair and eyes as pink as Trina Riffin.

Sharing a look with Laney and Kin, Roxanne made sure she wasn't the only one who noticed the pink-ette's real identity and received two nod back. She then turned to the blue-haired guitarist as he let out a sharp gasp, which made her think that he had figured it out too. But then again, this is Corey Riffin we're talking about.

"I wonder where Trina is." Corey pondered out loud, like the complete dumbass he was.

"Should we tell him, or...?" Kin whispered to the other two girls.

"Nah. Let's wait and see how long it takes him." Roxanne responded, in the same quiet tone as him.

"Let's do stuff with numbers!" Mayor Mellow announced, gaining the teens attention once more.

Both of contestants were on stage, staring at the equation '6x÷15=3x÷8' that was presented on their blackboards.

"Oh! Like, so easy." 'Trigonome-Trina' exclaimed, resolving the equation and therefore winning the round.

"You're on to the next round!" The mayor congratulated the teenage girl, exciting the crowd even more.

"Trig! Trig! Trig! Trig!" The audience chanted. Trina blew them a kiss in return, and secured the pencil holding up her bun as it became loose. Roxanne's eyes narrowed as she took noticed of this.

"Next up: Claire Root and Kon."

The four teens clapped along the audience as their bandanna wearing friend nervously came on stage, with his drumsticks in hand. Kon and his competitor were staring at the equation 'x+1=-3', intently thinking of how to resolve it. The Kujira boy bit his lip, and started drumming a beat on his blackboard. Entering his math-solving trance, the numbers and symbols started glowing a light blue and solving itself.

"That was the loudest math I've heard all day." Mayor Mellow commented as Kon came out of his trance. "But you got it right, so Claire goes away."

A spotlight shone on Kon, and the small lilac-haired ran away crying as the audience clapped for the Kujira boy.

"He won! Only ten more rounds to go!" Corey exclaimed happily, energetically shaking Roxanne's arm.

And he did. Round after round, Kon won each round he was in with his drumming technique, succeeding until he reached the final round. But so did Trina, who was surprisingly amazing at maths. The winner, however, is about to be showcased in live TV after the finals.

"And we're set for our final round between Kon and Trigonome-Trina." Mellow spoke, gesturing to the two teens on stage.

"Kon doesn't look so good." Kin commented, worriedly gazing at his younger twin brother. And he was right, the drummer was sweating nervously as his dark brown eyes darted around the room in an anxious manner.

"Neither does our shot at this gig." Laney added, her arms crossed tightly against her chest.

"Let's do this." The mayor said enthusiastically, and stage fireworks fired from the sides of his podium.

"Ugh, I hate maths." Roxanne grumbled, feeling a headache coming as she gazed into the complex equations the two were given.

"I know. That's why I tutor you." Kin pointed out, looking up at the taller girl.

Trina sent a mean glare at the Kujira boy, but turned back to her own blackboard. Like on the other rounds, Kon drummed on the edge of his blackboard only for his drumsticks to break. 

"Ahh! Noooo!" Kon sobbed, sinking into his knees on the ground.

"Oh, man! Kon broke his sticks!" Kin exclaimed in despair, anxiously tugging on his pitch black hair.

"There's no way he can win now!" Laney followed up, just as worried as him.

"Oh, yes, there is!" Corey said stubbornly, his blue eyes darting around until they fell on the metal bucket near the door, an idea immediately forming in his head. "Remember Johnny Bongo? He played without drumsticks!"

The bluenette sped over and grabbed the bucket in his hands, before throwing it at the Kujira twin on stage. "Kon! Remember Johnny Bongo!" He called out at him.

"Kon go bongo!" Kon happily exclaimed, sitting down on the ground and drumming on the bucket while he glared at Trina.

Glowing equations flying, ominous bongo music, chalk hitting on the blackboard and anxious sweating. The rest of Grojband watched in curiosity as Trina sudden fell into her knees on the ground, and Kon stopped drumming on the bucket, his equation solved.

"We have a correct answer here in the math of Kon." Mayor Mellow announced, as a spotlight is shone on the young teen, and handed him the golden Trimathalon trophy. The crowd went wild as fireworks went out on the sides of stage.

"No fair! I can't focus and junk with all that rocking racket! Hashtag..." Trina screeched, drawing a hashtag sign on the air in a very Trina-like manner. "Silence!"

"Trigonome-Trina...is Trina?!" Corey exclaimed, looking absolutely horrified, as if it was brand new information. The other three deadpanned at him, sharing disbelieving looks.

"Cool! Your sister has a secret identity!" Kin commented, actually sounding sincere.

"Yeah, cool." The bluenette muttered, a scheming smirk growing on his lips. "And when everyone finds out that my cool sister has a little nerdy secret, she'll go completely diary!"

"How are we gonna get the secret out?" Laney asked him, wondering what will his mischievous brain could come up with.

"This couldn't get worse!" Trina growled as a few loose strands of hair fell out of her bun, causing Roxanne to grin.

The Carter girl grabbed the youngest Riffin's shoulder, tugging him near her as she leant over to quietly speak into his ear.

"Trina's bun is a little tight, innit? Maybe it's time to let her hair down, if you know what I mean." Roxanne said, a smirk growing on her face as she and Corey shared a knowing look. The beanie wearing boy took his guitar pick out of his pocket, and flicked it.

It ricocheted across the room, bouncing on various object before hitting Trina's pencil loose and her hair becoming undone. (While also taking the rest of her costume off, and leaving her in her day-to-day clothes). Trina and the whole room of nerds dramatically gasped at the revelation, (but seriously, you're telling me a room full of genius couldn't figure it out?).

"It's Trina Riffin! She likes math!" A boy from the crowd yelled.

"Just like us! We love you, Trina!" A girl yelled this time.

"For your mind!" The first boy clarified. And the crowd of nerds started chanting the Riffin girl's name.

"I'm like you. I'm so like you! And now you all know it! Grr!" Trina exclaimed, mortified on the fact that she has been discovered, not only by her peers but also on live TV. And suddenly all her emotions turned into boiling hot rage. "Kon!" The pink-ette growled dangerously, entering her 'Rage-y Dairy Mode'.

Once she came down, after pouring out her rage all over her diary's pages, the crowd of nerds was ready to catch her.

"Trina! Trina! Trina! Trina!" They chanted, as the pink book fell gracefully into Corey's hand.

"See, Lanes? No problem." The bluenette boasted, grinning at his bassist in success. The band was ready to rush backstage, where their instruments revised, but their manager stopped them

"Wait!" Roxanne exclaimed, grabbing Corey's arm to deter him from going.

The band watched in confusion as the Carter girl reached into her small backpack, and took out some weird piramidal red hats with the root symbols on top, and a pair of yellow tinted glasses. Roxanne put a hat on each band member before reaching Corey, and snatching his iconic orange beanie from his head, then replacing it by the red hat the others had and placing the yellow glasses on his face.

"Done." Roxanne grinned happily, at them. Before realization hit her. "Oh! And give this to Kon!" She said, taking out a new pair of drumsticks.

"Where did you get this hats in such short notice?" Kin asked, taking Kon's hat and drumsticks so he could hand them to him when they met on stage.

"Oh, I called Kate. She was already coming here, anyway." She explained, pointing over her shoulder towards the curly haired nine year old in the crowd, who waved happily at them.

"Nice job, Ro-Ro." Corey smiled at her, before his expression turned into a serious one. "But you better watch over my beanie."

"Yes, yes." Roxanne rolled her eyes, before pushing them towards the stage. "Now go on! You have nerds to manipulate!"

Gripping the soft material of the beanie, Roxanne made her way through the crowd until she reached a good place for her to record the band.

"Are you nerds ready to rock?!" Corey exclaimed into his microphone, effectively gaining everyone's attention. Including the camera crew.

"𝗪𝗵𝗼 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗳 𝗜 𝗿𝗼𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗾𝘂𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗼𝗼𝘁? 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗳𝗶𝗴𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝘀𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝘁." Corey started singing, rhythmically tapping his temple. "𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁 '𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗜'𝗺 𝗲𝗾𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝘁𝗼 𝗼𝗿 𝗴𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝗜 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗴𝗿𝘂𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀."

Roxanne sucked her teeth at that one verse, as the nerds surrounding her looked pretty offended by it.

"𝗜 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗸𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗽𝗲𝘇𝗼𝗶𝗱𝘀, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗜 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗯𝗲 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗼𝘆𝗲𝗱. 𝗡𝗲𝘄𝘁𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝘀 𝗺𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝘃𝗼𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗱𝘂𝗱𝗲, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝗮 𝗯𝗶𝗴 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝗻𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝗯𝗼𝗿𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗱" The bluenette continued, before cueing at his drummer. "Kon!"

The Kujira boy started a drum solo, as Corey went down and passed by the nerds. (Somehow transforming them into cooler and better looking versions of themselves). Halfway through his solo, Kon's drumsticks broke in half. But that didn't deter him.

"Kon go bongo!" He exclaimed, and continued playing his drum kit as bongos.

"𝗪𝗵𝗼 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗿𝘆? 𝗜𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝗺𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗜 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝗯𝗲 𝗺𝗲. 𝗚𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗼 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱-𝘂𝗽 𝗴𝘂𝘆, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝘂𝗽 𝗼𝗰𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗶𝘇𝗲𝗱. 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗵!" Corey finished, dramatically sinking into his knees as he gripping the microphone, but not before throwing his usual wink at Roxanne's camera.

Roxanne joined the band on stage, a small slip on paper in one hand and Corey's beanie in the other, as the now-cooler nerds left the auditorium.

"So, Kon passed six years of math, you guys rocked on stage and I got a cute ex-nerd's number." The Carter girl recapped as she handed the guitarist his beanie. (Unaware of the annoyed frown on his face at her last words). "I'd call this a success."

"Whoo! Get some, Roxy!" Kon encouraged her, raising a hand for a high-five, and she slapped his palm with hers.

"Roxanne's right! We rocked the egg out of those eggheads!" Kin spoke enthusiastically.

"Yeah! On city-wide TV!" Corey exclaimed in the same way, until his expression turned into a worried one instead. "Oh, no! We made every nerd in Peaceville cool!"

"How is that a bad thing?" Laney asked him, not understanding the problem. And on cue, the lights of the auditorium went out, to which Roxanne responded by turning on her phone's torch.

"Without the nerds, Peaceville's got no one to run the electricity, water, and trains." Mayor Mellow explained to them, dressed in a 50s biker getups. "You kids want jobs in the field of mathematics?"

"Thanks, but no thanks Mayor Mellow." Corey politely refused, (and...you guessed it, spotlight) "Math should be left alone. It is what it is. Confusing, and painful, and only for a few of us to understand. Nerds can really make math do its thing: like turning numbers into electricity and running water. And sometimes, into music."

"Preach to that, mate." Roxanne nodded, her eyes closed and her hand close to her chest.

"Big ups for math, Core!" Laney exclaimed, holding ver hand up.

"The biggest of ups, Lanes!" The bluenette agreed, high-fiving the shorter girl.

(Corey looked back at the audience and happily waved. "Thanks for coming out, everyone!" He exclaimed, before closing the garage's door).

━ ☆゚ . * ・ 。゚ : ☾︎ ☆゚ .* ・ 。゚ ━

YO!! NEW CHAPTER!!!

I can't tell you how close I am to actually dyeing my hair blue and buying myself an orange beanie.

So, I actually love this chapter. Most especially it's song, it's so catchy.

Next chapter is Space Jamming, which is not my favorite chapter but I'll have to get through it as I'm LITERALLY counting down to reach the All You Need Is Cake chapter. Because believe me, things will get dramatic there.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED AND PLEASE COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

604 38 20
*PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT* Roxanne Laurent, a young high class girl from upstate New York, lived to please her parents. Her mother always told her peo...
4.7K 158 29
Basically this book is my own spin on the FNaF Security Breach game but it has a lot of the same aspects if not all of them. The only difference is t...
195K 5.8K 54
Y/N a child prodigy in robotics engineering. When the female completes her studies overseas, she decides to go back to her home city to find out what...
44.8K 1.6K 52
[A possible better version on the second year anniversary book] "If I work here, I might be able to find, the music within." (Y/N) (L/N) has always...